You know, I planned on making a thread to mock people who dislike a group just because of their fans but...

• Does a group's fans impact your perception/enjoyment of said group? 65

1. Yes (40) 62%
    2. No (25) 38%

As of today, I'm not so sure any more.

I mean, I personally don't let it affect me. Despite the abhorrent, vitriolic and disgusting daily rhetoric from a certain fandom, I will still listen to BTS, let alone reach the point of hating them, but after these last 6 months, I don't know if I would blame anyone if it did negatively impact their ability to listen to or enjoy a group.

I'm undecided now, like I said. It's probably because this year is the most time I've ever spent on K-Pop stan twitter and the K-Pop subreddits. Which is actually why I still lean towards it being a you problem at the end of the day, since engaging with other K-Pop fans in ultimately a choice.

Still, there are days where the upper limits of my patience are tested.

I wasn't going to poll this but why not.

• YamaChwan

Changed the title of the thread from “You know, I planned on making a thread to mock people dislike a group just because of their fans but...” to “You know, I planned on making a thread to mock people who dislike a group just because of their fans but...”.
  • for kpop- i only listen to the music, i dont want stupid, ignorant ppl to affect my music experience, cause in EVERY FANDOM there are ppl that represent the fandom in a good/bad way. like for nj i love their songs, but since the mhj issue, ive kind of backed away from the fandom cause yall scare me (ofc there are also normal stans but those ones) also for bts, their song are top tier, but the fandoms i dont rlly want to be associated with. at the end of the day, kpop is music and not abt which fandoms can help their favs get soty, pak, rak, billboard top 100 etc

ɪᴠᴇ ᴛxᴛ ᴛᴡɪᴄᴇ ᴇɴʜʏᴘᴇɴ ᴛʀɪᴘʟᴇꜱ

2a806ffe9815a47ac4e5534b70069637ce97908b.gifv

• You weighed in faster than I expected and targeted the 3 fandoms I expected too.

One fandom is public enemy #1 to me. I'm trying really hard to be patient with the other two.

bts is ur enemy and lessera and illit is close- thing is ive never had a bad intereaction with a gllit yet

• bts is ur enemy and lessera and illit is close- thing is ive never had a bad intereaction with a gllit yet

No K-Pop group is my enemy. I will invoke the "Touch Grass" clause on myself if I had some kind of personal vendetta against a K-Pop group.

A huge chunk of a certain fandom however? It's almost reaching on sight levels at this point.

If not for the few respectable AKP users here, I would have gone scorched earth months ago

• No K-Pop group is my enemy. I will invoke the "Touch Grass" clause on myself if I had some kind of personal vendetta against a K-Pop group.

A huge chunk of a certain fandom however? It's almost reaching on sight levels at this point.

If not for the few respectable AKP users here, I would have gone scorched earth months ago

i meant fandom- who do u respect in here

• Well i used to be a really big fan of kpop in the past listening to nugu kpop group (sunny days, etc ..) as much as popular group

I was a sone/blackjack and i used to find this stupid when sones were saying they hate 2ne1 cuz of blackjacks and vice versa

I listened to BTS when they debuted and was a casual listener until Dope and then FIRE era came out and everything which follow it

And i finally understood blackjacks who didn't want to listen to snsd cuz of sone etc...

• Unfortunately yes. and yes it is BTS & BP , the fandom has caused a reluctance in me to enjoy.

Other acts I might actively seek and check out. But BTS/BP I avoid, unless happenstance brings their work and I admit it is because of their fandoms.

Rationally I agree it is foolish. But entertainment is not about reason, but emotion. And it is not some critical aspect of life, that I should prioritize reason over such biases.

I am reconciled to it, after all their primary claim to fame is their fandoms, so it is ok if they lose a few like me due to the same fandoms.

And I have ample other music to enjoy, so don't lose much by ignoring them.

No big deal.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• Not really, but it can be at bit annoying with people that constantly need do bring up that "their" group have acchieved this and this and because of that is much better than everyone else.

• I'm aiming for front row seats at a stop in aespa's tour, since they're literally coming to my city.

Despite our differences, I'm still willing to spend that kind of money on them, and they're actually my second most listened to group this year.

Kind of like how people would maybe be shocked to see IVE was my #2 in 2023.

A fandom has to work really, really hard to make me start to despise them so much that the emotions trickle over to their group.

• Not really, but it can be at bit annoying with people that constantly need do bring up that "their" group have acchieved this and this and because of that is much better than everyone else.

NewJeans will be remembered as a more legendary group than Twice.

Comments like that? :meme-kek:

(It's true though)

• More than despise a group

It's more like when so many people are pushing something down your throat even if you are not interested

And how you can't enjoy something without these people pushing down this thing anytime and everywhere

It honestly makes me run away from this

It's the reason why i still didn't watch squid game and why i have no interest in watching it

I'm part of these people that the most you push something to their face to like it

The more i lost interest in this thing

• :meme-excuse-me:

You do this with aespa all the time, brother.

I'm not even judging you, because I promote NewJeans every month, but still.

If it's the current gen girl groups, we all know who promoted and flaunts the achievements of each group the most.

• I accidentally voted yes :sob-bunny:

No. I am in kpop for music so if i like the music idc. I can separate artist/groups from toxic fandoms and their companies.

I can dislike/judge the fandoms independently however, its more fun that way:groovins:

• nah I don't really care, even when I hated army and had beef with them every Tuesday I still listened to BTS same with flop onces.

I had beef with Blinks circa 2017, but the summer of that year was so satisfying that I mostly let it go.

:meme-smirk:

I accidentally voted yes :sob-bunny:

No. I am in kpop for music so if i like the music idc. I can separate artist/groups from toxic fandoms and their companies.

I can dislike/judge the fandoms independently however, its more fun that way:groovins:

I thought I set it so votes could be changed :meme-confused:

• I am way past tarring any music act with the behaviour of some of their fans. I’m not into it, have never been into it. There are dickheads everywhere in the world and some large groups of people will try to weaponise that dickheadishness. It has always been so with fandoms of anything.

I just wanna listen to whatever music I connect with and have zero interest in beefing with people to score points. It achieves nothing.

• BTS has some likable members and had their best year musically when I came into kpop spaces and unfortunately encountered their fans. I can't bring myself to dislike most of them.

There are some stans that make me side-eye a group for a little while. I usually get over it

And then there was one fandom that irritated me so bad that I rooted for downfall and was quite pleased when it happened multiple times over the years:excited-bee:

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d0be49590cd653400f491d4e92f0b5d82155e223.webp0686f56fbdf2b311900a9b1d35ebeb45486cbecf.webp67079a1df7aa8cb99ba773c7f5a82e1e36b586c7.webp

• Overall no because I know what I like and know what I don't. But I can see how things can get ruined for people. Many people deeply connect with the music they listen to and if it becomes associated with awful fans, it can be a bit off-putting. Yes it's true that they don't have to interact with anyone who is toxic, but depending on how chronically online one is, it can be unavoidable.

• I think its okay to joke around about groups but I have never hated any groups, only their music. The fandoms dont matter to me. Im not even really sure what an entire group could do that would make me hate them, maybe invidual members though.

• I think its okay to joke around about groups but I have never hated any groups, only their music. The fandoms dont matter to me. Im not even really sure what an entire group could do that would make me hate them, maybe invidual members though.

Beautiful, bouncy sig

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d0be49590cd653400f491d4e92f0b5d82155e223.webp0686f56fbdf2b311900a9b1d35ebeb45486cbecf.webp67079a1df7aa8cb99ba773c7f5a82e1e36b586c7.webp

• NewJeans for me. I like their music,but I hate their toxic fandom.

Nugu?

I'm the most toxic here ( thebadguy doesn't count) and I'm not toxic at all

Otherwise, Bunnies have historically minded their own business until the literal existence of the group came under threat.

And then there was one fandom that irritated me so bad that I rooted for downfall and was quite pleased when it happened multiple times over the years :excited-bee:

:eyes:

Nugu?

• Was gonna vote no, but voted yes cause Orbits.

Seeing their tours flop badly and have 40% attendance does bring a bit of a smile to my face, if I'm being completely honest.

Otherwise, no fandom has ever annoyed me to the point where I wish bad for the groups, ever.

• This thread contains 64 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!