Babymonster is a top 3 group (yt + spotify stats)

• I was curious to see how all the top groups streaming was performing against each other in 2024 as a whole so I summarized the data using YT charts pages and spotify.

Spotify stats are pretty simple, just combine streams of 2024 releases only:

spotify_2024.png

This is the data from YT Charts "Weekly Songs" Global only:

yt_songs_2024.png

This is the data from YT Chart "Daily Videos" Global. This data is a subset within the Weekly Songs data above:

yt_vids_2024.png

Again this only includes 2024 Releases, hence why BP is at 0 in every chart. Itzy and Nmixx are at 0 in the Global Songs meaning they never appeared on that chart for a 2024 release.

In conclusion, Babymonster is the new revolution. While everyone is busy quibbling over their precious melon charts (or as I like to call them, the legacy charts), they are dominating the top 2 streaming services. :meme-gretchen-heart:

• It's a bit uncomfortable that the total_tracks_2024 values between Spotify and YouTube are so drastically different.

This is because the raw data for spotify separates all the remixes, youtube data just uses "Crazy" for LSF as an example.

Example from spotify raw data set:

track_name

1-800-hot-n-fun 6633279

CRAZY 20758295

CRAZY (Bounce Up Remix) 100054

CRAZY (Dance Remix) 88319

CRAZY (English ver.) 678439

CRAZY (Instrumental) 99653

CRAZY (Slowed + Reverb ver.) 55145

CRAZY (Sped Up ver.) 130234

CRAZY (Vogue Remix) (feat. Dashaun Wesley) 177839

CRAZY (feat. PinkPantheress) 1297617

Chasing Lightning 2346593

Crazier 2973058

EASY 186449618

EASY (Drum & Bass Remix) 827845

EASY (English ver.) 9576452

EASY (English ver.) (Slowed + Reverb ver.) 686372

EASY (English ver.) (Sped Up ver.) 926340

EASY (Instrumental) 504361

EASY (Pluggnb Remix) 717134

EASY (Slowed + Reverb ver.) 416398

EASY (Sped Up ver.) 706657

Good Bones 8413775

Perfect Night (for FEARNOT) 389096

Pierrot 5659912

Smart 218880976

Smart (Chill Remix) 344457

Smart (English ver.) 4416390

Smart (Festival House Remix) 417697

Smart (Instrumental) 222380

Smart (Miami Bass Remix) 293810

Smart (Slowed + Reverb ver.) 184334

Smart (Smartest Remix) 505856

Smart (Sped Up ver.) 399455

Swan Song 35841854

We got so much 16861725

Name: track_playcount, dtype: int64

LESSERAFIM,528981419,35

• People are busy bashing babymonster for ads, when even their contents out of their channel garners a lot of views as well.

haters will say whatever they have to but truth is babymonster is quite a popular group, just not so much in KR compared to 4th gen groups.

I will not let this thread die, the people need to know the truth

• Tru-Multistan

Changed the title of the thread from “How are your faves 2024 releases doing (yt + spotify stats)” to “Babymonster is a top 3 group (yt + spotify stats)”.
  • haters will say whatever they have to but truth is babymonster is quite a popular group, just not so much in KR compared to 4th gen groups.

I will not let this thread die, the people need to know the truth

I think everyone agree babymonster is popular, a nice competence to the rest of girl groups of newer generations by results but everyone criticizes that success come from yg huge overwork with them on streaming specially with the absurd amount of ads, so their standing is shaky, if yg stops giving them that they would succumb faster and worse than newjeans did when hybe did that to them, so far they need to prove their popularity goes beyond their company money, and it will be hard for so many factors specially the massive competence there is now.

• if yg stops giving them that they would succumb faster and worse than newjeans did when hybe did that to them, so far they need to prove their popularity goes beyond their company money, and it will be hard for so many factors specially the massive competence there is now.

perhaps. only time will tell, but right now they are the most streamed group on youtube in 2024, without ads.

honestly I just wanted to see how if effected engagement lol. If I had posted this with just the stats, it would probably have 0 comments. Though, within the context of these cherry picked stats I've posted, they are indeed top 3.

• perhaps. only time will tell, but right now they are the most streamed group on youtube in 2024, without ads.

honestly I just wanted to see how if effected engagement lol. If I had posted this with just the stats, it would probably have 0 comments. Though, within the context of these cherry picked stats I've posted, they are indeed top 3.

As a girl group aficionado, I acknowledge their streaming numbers on YT and Spotify, but that's all window dressing at best without a hit song or members catching the attention of the public.

The top girl groups have both. Several even.

Babymonster need to prove they can challenge for the upper echelon.

• As a girl group aficionado, I acknowledge their streaming numbers on YT and Spotify, but that's all window dressing at best without a hit song or members catching the attention of the public.

The top girl groups have both. Several even.

Babymonster need to prove they can challenge for the upper echelon.

Indeed there is much more to being a top group than just YT and Spotify. What I've posted should be taken with a grain of salt, I'm just so overwhelmed with GG data I've scraped that I need to make something! And while I do not weight the kcharts as heavily as you and other users (perhaps cus I wasn't around in the early kpop days), I do think they matter in calling a kpop group a top group.

• Oh? You really want smoke with me again? The day just started so there is plenty of time for you to top me.

ADOR and NewJeans made absolutely no effort to promote in the West, unlike all the other girl groups. Their focus was on Japan, and their digital dominance there far exceeds their peers.

NewJeans remain the top girl group on Spotify comfortably, while running laps around everyone in Korea and Japan in every digital metric of note.

They also have several hit songs to their name, which is more than the 0 Babymonster have for their careers so far

Why don't we talk about Twice and now sad their numbers are despite having the second most songs of any group on the list.

• ADOR and NewJeans made absolutely no effort to promote in the West, unlike all the other girl groups. Their focus was on Japan, and their digital dominance there far exceeds their peers.

Starting the supposed smoke with a lame pathetic excuse just makes everything else pointless my dude... if babymonster don't have hits and all their songs far exceed anything newjeans released this year the outcome is clear, you are just too obtuse to realize what are you implying with your lame takes about other groups with newjeans shitty results on 2024.

• Starting the supposed smoke with a lame pathetic excuse just makes everything else pointless my dude... if babymonster don't have hits and all their songs far exceed anything newjeans released this year the outcome is clear, you are just too obtuse to realize what are you implying with your lame takes about other groups with newjeans shitty results on 2024.

I realize your entire personality and gimmick here is to make awful takes that backfire within a week and then coping with cringe ass blatantly false narratives about NewJeans, but the act is starting to get as stale as Twice's title tracks.

NewJeans are the clear industry leaders and it's not particularly close.

They're the top girl group on Spotify. They're the top girl group on MelOn. They're the top artist on Circle Digital Index. They're by far the top girl group on every Japanese digital platform.

They've had multiple HUGE hit songs, easily the biggest of this era of K-Pop.

Babymonster have done nothing to warrant comparison to IVE, aespa, LSF or GIDLE, let alone NewJeans.

Know your place and learn theirs

• Do you have a a link to the full spreadsheet, or did you do this manually?

• It’s clear from the rankings that the top global girl groups are right where they should be. NewJeans needs a hit to solidify their position, especially with the next big group, KOL, hot on their heels this year.

I’m not including Katseye or XG in this girl group list on page 1 as they are global girl groups.

BM is definitely holding strong at number 2. With a few more hits, they could comfortably lead the 5th generation. Do we care that much? Not really. What’s truly amazing is seeing rookies start to dominate the 4th generation, just as expected.

#Onlyspeakfacts

:boredr: :siptear:

• Really strange, the top 5 have 4 group coming from a company with BTS or Blackpink as senior i really wonder why :meme-surprised-pikachu-face:

It's not surprising that Blink and Army are the biggest fan bases out there, but it's now the companies brand power taking over, especially HYBE's globally. We have truly not seen Hybe ggs dominate to the fullest yet since 2022-2023 as most Army are hibernating, so wait for BTS return because these ggs dominations will be even bigger. As for Blinks, they only have BM to take care off.

I hope this thread became a hit, peace :finger-heart:

#Onlyspeakfacts

• Yes

The youtube charts are claimed to be ad free. I scraped the raw data for each week from Jan 4, 2024 - Aug 25, 2024, aggregated the data, and this is the result. That's actually why I did this, was curious to see ad free

Do you have a a link to the full spreadsheet, or did you do this manually?

all the data is scraped and aggregated from youtube charts using a program. I'm currently gathering the data for weekly songs all the way back to 2016, should be interesting!

• The youtube charts are claimed to be ad free. I scraped the raw data for each week from Jan 4, 2024 - Aug 25, 2024, aggregated the data, and this is the result. That's actually why I did this, was curious to see ad free

all the data is scraped and aggregated from youtube charts using a program. I'm currently gathering the data for weekly songs all the way back to 2016, should be interesting!

Looking forward to that info :akorns::akorns:

• The youtube charts are claimed to be ad free. I scraped the raw data for each week from Jan 4, 2024 - Aug 25, 2024, aggregated the data, and this is the result. That's actually why I did this, was curious to see ad free

Thats only on the actually weekly chart. Everything else still has ad’s I wouldn’t consider it.

• A bit suprised Aespa is not higher

It's not too surprising that aespa is placed 3rd, given their major breakout with Supernova. Other groups like LSF and BM have multiple hits, well-performing albums and B-sides, which contributes to their strong positions WW. While Illit has shown potential, with tracks like Magnetic and LGS positioning them at 4th, they don’t yet have the volume of material needed to compete at a higher level yet. NJ, on the other hand, fell just short of a significant hit to climb further. If they come back with a stronger hit, they could move up significantly in the rankings.

#Onlyspeakfacts

• Thats only on the actually weekly chart. Everything else still has ad’s I wouldn’t consider it.

This is where I am getting the data

YouTube Music Charts
    Top Songs, Artists, Videos on YouTube.
    charts.youtube.com

YouTube Music Charts
    charts.youtube.com

YouTube Music Charts
    charts.youtube.com

The weeky global vids is just a sum of the daily afaik, but I could be wrong.

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!