WTF IS ******** WRONG WITH KOREAN PEOPLE?

• I am fuming right now, I cant believe that they choose sabotage their own people over nonsense!!!

f*ck this idiocy, a lots of historical drama are FICTIONAL, Nobody take it as the truth, it doesnt matter whether it's chinese historical drama or korean one, Its all a fiction!!

how is a zombies supernatural ghost drama supposed to be factual?

and this is not even the first time that a historical drama has been made in korea, there has been a lots of it!! and a lots of it are pure bullshit too so wtf?

if you want joseon exorcist first few eps , you would be mad too because you can see how much work has been put into this drama.

fuck those idiots people seriously, i hope someone with brain and some sense would come up and decide what's right.

not some crazy professor or royal family that expect a fictional ghost drama to be factual, so *******.

• Ummm... am I the only one lost?

:ak_bunny12:

im talking about the ridiculous boycott of joseon exorcist.

I don’t get it ? Is it getting criticism or praise ? Cause it’s on my to watch list.

Its 100% a very good quality drama, its like watching a movie for every ep. This production definitely elevate korean drama to a whole new level.

but some people get over sensitive because of the recent cultural claims by c netz that kimchi origins is from china. It was all nothing but stupid and trolling internet moment in china as per usual but knetz decide to over react and ruins their own drama because apparently that drama will create misunderstanding. Its a fucking fiction like any others historical drama so wtf?

• Wait, what? It's a DRAMA. What are they afraid of? That people will think Korean people believe in ghost stories? Have they seen Blair Witch Project?

Knetz have issue with the set style and props that were used in the drama which is more of Chinese culture style. Recently don't know if it was trolling by Chinese people or what but cnetz claimed origin of kimchi, hanbok, pansori etc which are like pride for Korea so knetz are sensitive about anything China atm. And now Korea's royal family people have also started speaking against the drama so the drama is in a mess currently, it's not going to air this week.

• Official Post

Knetz have issue with the set style and props that were used in the drama which is more of Chinese culture style. Recently don't know if it was trolling by Chinese people or what but cnetz claimed origin of kimchi, hanbok, pansori etc which are like pride for Korea so knetz are sensitive about anything China atm. And now Korea's royal family people have also started speaking against the drama so the drama is in a mess currently, it's not going to air this week.

It went that far? We need a facepalm emoji.

• Its 100% a very good quality drama, its like watching a movie for every ep. This production definitely elevate korean drama to a whole new level.

but some people get over sensitive because of the recent cultural claims by c netz that kimchi origins is from china. It was all nothing but stupid and trolling internet moment in china as per usual but knetz decide to over react and ruins their own drama because apparently that drama will create misunderstanding. Its a fucking fiction like any others historical drama so wtf?

Oh man.... i will gonna watch it anyway. Does it have english subs ? Or even dub ?

• This is why they didn’t like it

“The depiction of Chinese cultural elements in a historical Korean series comes at a sensitive time, as various commentators have expressed anger at recent Chinese assertions that cultural assets such as hanbok – the Korean national dress – kimchi, a fermented cabbage dish – the martial art of taekwondo, and the South Korean flag have their roots in Chinese culture.”

I find it weird that ifans who cry so much about cultural appropriation don’t understand that THIS is the only cultural appropriation faux pas that Koreans care about. Yes it’s a big deal for them and they consider it an erasure of their identity aka the very definition of cultural appropriation.

• Bruh, didnt chinese government literally banned historical/period dramas for a while.

History is always a double edged sword, you need to careful on what you are portraying.

And with globalization no country wants their own produced dramas to depict it wrong.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sucks for all those who put their time and effort into making it. Good thing I didnt begin watching it, I would have been pissed.

• I came here to say exactly this.

Why are ifans in this thread speaking over Koreans and whether their concerns about their identity, culture and history being erased are legitimate concerns or not?

It's almost laughable how ifans always dismiss Koreans' concerns over culture appropriation and insensitivity against Korea and Koreans but will raise hell over a kpop idol wearing a feather in their hair.

Why are ifans in this thread speaking over Koreans and whether their concerns about their identity, culture and history being erased are legitimate concerns or not?

It's almost laughable how ifans always dismiss Koreans' concerns over culture appropriation and insensitivity against Korea and Koreans but will raise hell over a kpop idol wearing a feather in their hair.

This.

I honestly understand they anger. I’m from a small European country and I remember when I was young our national pride animal (a cow 🐮) got claimed as being originated from one of our neighbour country and the whole country went nuts about it. It doesn’t seem much for somebody who is not from my country but for us seemed to matter a lot.

• Basically this.

・゚ 🎀 𝐵𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀𝓅𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐹❤𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 🎀 ゚・

42880fa4ac96298e4b26e69acc7466df9c020cfb.gifv61d9d03079dcca08018fddc7e065366fd5b1cb33.gifvc36d4dbbfdddf670228a3e8d52e5040a4ad6850a.gifvb84a5edbd39d08ccaad6db639e0740f4562821c6.gifv

Drama is most likely getting cancelled now (though it's yet to be confirmed) and I find it unfair, you don't need to worry though, knetz are getting what they want. Also I never hated on any celeb for cultural appropriation so it's not good that you're adding those sympathising for the drama in same page as those who drag idols for cultural appropriation.

• Drama is most likely getting cancelled now (though it's yet to be confirmed) and I find it unfair, you don't need to worry though, knetz are getting what they want. Also I never hated on any celeb for cultural appropriation so it's not good that you're adding those sympathising for the drama in same page as those who drag idols for cultural appropriation.

the second half of my post was a general statement not targetting anyone in particular. this has always been the case with kpop fans whenever koreans got offended over something related to their culture and history: mockery and dismissiveness. it is quite poetic considering how sensitive kpop fans pretend to be are over culture insensitivity.

• Drama is most likely getting cancelled now (though it's yet to be confirmed) and I find it unfair, you don't need to worry though, knetz are getting what they want. Also I never hated on any celeb for cultural appropriation so it's not good that you're adding those sympathising for the drama in same page as those who drag idols for cultural appropriation.

bro same here

When I'm with you, a magical thing happens

• the second half of my post was a general statement not targetting anyone in particular. this has always been the case with kpop fans whenever koreans got offended over something related to their culture and history: mockery and dismissiveness. it is quite poetic considering how sensitive kpop fans pretend to be are over culture insensitivity.

Hypocrites exist in both sides, neither knetz nor inetz are saints. I still stand by my opinion though that this drama is getting more hate than it deserves. I can say the same thing here, no offence to you, I'm saying it in general, but if inetz overreaction over cultural appropriation is wrong then why should knetz overreaction get a pass here?

bro same here

:thumbup:

It’s not so much about whether you blv in cultural appropriation or not but imagine if your title read any other ethnicity than Korean for being sensitive about cultural issues.

Would you even make it in the first place.

So don’t give me that BS.

• Hypocrites exist in both sides, neither knetz nor inetz are saints. I still stand by my opinion though that this drama is getting more hate than it deserves. I can say the same thing here, no offence to you, I'm saying it in general, but if inetz overreaction over cultural appropriation is wrong then why should knetz overreaction get a pass here?

:thumbup:

Because in my opinion, this is more serious than most ifans claims of cultural appropriation. China has IN FACT claimed ownership over things like hanbok and kimichi. So the kind of erasure and chinification this drama did is quite serious and dangerous and I would denounce it vehemently if it happened in my country.

Besides, personally I have never seen knetz mock and dismiss CA claims against kpop idols the way ifans do. Usually CA controversies don't make it to knetz fanboards, or the reactions are at least not translated to us.

But i agree with one thing you said, hypocrisy exists in both sides naturally.

• It’s not so much about whether you blv in cultural appropriation or not but imagine if your title read any other ethnicity than Korean for being sensitive about cultural issues.

Would you even make it in the first place.

So don’t give me that BS.

First of all, I didn't create this thread. Second of all, you stated your opinion, I stated mine, also do I have to agree with you on every matter? I didn't even quote you so you can believe what you want, I'm not here to pick fights with you nor I asked you to agree with me.

• Because in my opinion, this is more serious than most ifans claims of cultural appropriation. China has IN FACT claimed ownership over things like hanbok and kimichi. So the kind of erasure and chinification this drama did is quite serious and dangerous and I would denounce it vehemently if it happened in my country.

Besides, personally I have never seen knetz mock and dismiss CA claims against kpop idols the way ifans do. Usually CA controversies don't make it to knetz fanboards, or the reactions are at least not translated to us.

But i agree with one thing you said, hypocrisy exists in both sides naturally.

I'm not denying that the drama crew is at fault, they shouldn't have used historical figures names and present them differently, I think they should fix these mistakes anyhow. I just feel bad for the actors and staffs who worked hard for this. And I guess I'm sympathising more over this drama bcoz recently the cast came in Running Man to promote the drama and talked about how two of the actors were injured while filming this etc.

• I'm not denying that the drama crew is at fault, they shouldn't have used historical figures names and present them differently, I think they should fix these mistakes anyhow. I just feel bad for the actors and staffs who worked hard for this. And I guess I'm sympathising more over this drama bcoz recently the cast came in Running Man to promote the drama and talked about how two of the actors were injured while filming this etc.

I completely agree with you in that regard. This is a case of innocent people suffering the consequences of the oversight of one person (or a few)

Hopefully they got already paid and compensated for their job related accidents.

• I completely agree with you in that regard. This is a case of innocent people suffering the consequences of the oversight of one person (or a few)

Hopefully they got already paid and compensated for their job related accidents.

None of this would have happened if they had used different names for the characters. If it was fiction then they should have went with full fiction mode. Now 10 of their big sponsors including Samsung and LG have removed their sponsorship and they have lost their filming location as well so I don't think there's any way that this drama will continue. While I understand knetz' anger but they should have allowed the production crew to correct their mistakes instead of totally cancelling it. I just hope the actors don't get more hate for this as knetz are dragging them to reflect over agreeing to do this drama.

• First of all, I didn't create this thread. Second of all, you stated your opinion, I stated mine, also do I have to agree with you on every matter? I didn't even quote you so you can believe what you want, I'm not here to pick fights with you nor I asked you to agree with me.

I was addressing what you said in your post because that’s the purpose of a thread. You replied to someone who wasn’t addressing you either so like.

• perfectly said. (some) ifans are constantly talking about cultural appropriation; china is literally claiming kimchi as their own and stealing korean culture. it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect them to understand the sensitivity of the issue. instead, they are telling koreans they are overreacting and that it's not that serious, it's fiction. well, it's just a hairstyle.

now they know what's it like to not care about or understand other nations' issues.

• Oh and I was planning to check this one out too. Glad I waited.

External Content youtu.be

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!