So, the battle for the most talented girlgroup of the 5th gen is between Babymonster and KIss of life. Who would you pick?

• WHo is more talented? Kiss of Life or Babymonster? 64

1. Kiss of life. (27) 42%
    2. Babymonster. (37) 58%

For now atleast. Lets see how good is SM new girlgroup. Or there is other group who have strong vocalists too?

So

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

or

• OnceMidzy4ever

Changed the title of the thread from “So, the battle for the most talented girlgroup of the 5th gen is between Babymonster and KIss of life? Who would you pick?” to “So, the battle for the most talented girlgroup of the 5th gen is between Babymonster and KIss of life. Who would you pick?”.
  • Love them both, But Babymonster imo. Belle is amazing, but Kiss of Life doesn't have a lower tone like Babymonster does in Rora and Rami (who can also hit the high notes like Belle). And Julie is my bias, but Asa is a better rapper than her. I hope both of them become massive cause they deserve it on talent alone.

• Babymonster is better skilled. But Kiss of Life has Natty.

That's not even remotely true, I'm sorry. KIOF is better (not much) because they're more balanced. Basically any KIOF member can sing on the same level as any BM member. The problem is that at YG, Babymonster never gonna have the same treatment as artists like KIOF has at S2. I could be wrong, but I just can't see YG hiring better songwriters and producers, not to mention let the girls write and compose their own songs. KIOF is already a versatile group, and they're not much older as a group than BM.

S2 put 100% effort to train the girls and give them chance to shine, while YG literally wasting talents on cringe songs. I'm sorry BM fans, but the fact that they promote the girls with Batter Up and SHEESH, and not with DREAM or Like That, proves my point. Like I said, my opinion can change, but only if we see YG change their attitude.

One more important thing that most fan probably ignore or forget. Babymonster has a huge disadvantage compared to KIOF. They have 7 members. I'm already seeing so many BM fans complaining about why XYZ member is hidden or have fewer lines in a song.

This is why I said, the group should be: Rami, Rora, Asa and Ahyeon or Ruka. Honestly, I would choose Ruka instead of Ahyeon. That would be a much better and more balanced team.

• :meme-i-aint-reading-all-that:

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• :meme-i-aint-reading-all-that:

Honey, what's the point of using a Forum if you can't or don't want to read?

Let's just exchange 1-2 line long FAKE opinions? Makes sense.

Okay, then I will say: KIOF is better! Now, I literally wasted my time, because I didn't say anything about why I think they're better. How many of you would've attacked me for it? At least, I can form a real opinion.

• People in industry call Belle "Ariana Grande of kpop", so the answer is obvious

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• Babymonsters are all aces tbh. That group really look like it's made of only main vocals who also outdance and outrap other ggs. Their name absolutely makes sense

PLEASE! Can we just stop using the term "ACE"? The girls are talented for sure, but not ACES!

ACE means, a performer EXCELS in EVERYTHING: Vocals, Rap and Dancing. Some of them can do all, but not on a top-tier level.

I don't think I could mention more than 10 Kpop Idol who is a real ACE, even if we count the whole Kpop industry.

Even in my favorite group, Mamamoo, I don't think I could safely say one of them is a real ACE. That would be Wheein, obviously, but the fact that she had rap lines like 2 or 3 times in 10 years, is not a valid argument. Even tho, she could be a good rapper. Moonbyul is easily one of the best female rapper and vocalist, but not the best dancer. Hwasa is one of the best vocalist and a really good rapper (she just doesn't do it anymore), but not the strongest dancer, her stage presence covers her mistakes well. And there is Solar, one of the best vocalist in Korea, next to Wheein, Taeyeon and Wendy, and a really good dancer, but she's not a rapper either.

So yeah, being a REAL ACE is not that easy, especially in Kpop. Some of them may have the talent for it, but without training and chance to show all that is hard.

• Hot take, Babymonster might be the most overall talented girl group in Kpop. They are up there.

Now, if something is 100% untrue, this is!

We couldn't even say they are the best in 5th gen, because this gen is hardly started and BM need YEARS to prove their talents and versatility. Or more like YG need years, because it's all on them what they will do with the girls. They can be the "next" GFriend, EXID, Apink, but only if YG want to do that, and they don't want Blackpink 2.0, meaning, just another overhyped successful team.

• as I said earlier I wanted to make a thread about 5th gen having a promising future with kiss of life and baemon in terms of vocal skills and performance,

gonna leave this video about a vocal coach praising both equally because I truly believe both are good in different areas. Let's praise both

• Now, if something is 100% untrue, this is!

We couldn't even say they are the best in 5th gen, because this gen is hardly started and BM need YEARS to prove their talents and versatility. Or more like YG need years, because it's all on them what they will do with the girls. They can be the "next" GFriend, EXID, Apink, but only if YG want to do that, and they don't want Blackpink 2.0, meaning, just another overhyped successful team.

I said it was a hot take lmao.

I'm judging them on right now, months in to their career. They are young, and have loads of potential.

Name some currently active groups with 7 or more members that don't have any weak links? NMixx is probably the only one.

As for those three groups you mentioned, they all have one or two members who are meh.

• But Babymon already showed this in their survival show

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• We can't judge them because they never sang a vocal heavy song, or did a hard dance choreo, and sadly, their rap parts are cringe as hell, even tho Asa and Ruka are really good rappers, but I only count rappers whom are writing their own parts. Also, you never said this comparison is between 7 (or more) member groups. You said the most overall talented gg in Kpop, and that's simple not true.

Also, there are weak links in BM too, for example Pharita and Chiquita. They're not bad, but not as good as the others. It's not even fair to talk about this, because they need years to develop their skills.

The groups I mentioned, there are no weak links as vocalist rappers or dancers. Talent wise, they are top tier. And I didn't even want to mention groups like Mamamoo, Big Mama, Wonder Girls or Sistar.

This is why I don't really like groups with more than 4 or 5 members, because with more than 5 members the group isn't balanced. Especially if they're a BIG4 group.

• It's easier to get a talented group of four vs group with more members. Pharita and Chiquita might not be as good as the others but from the little I've seen they are far better than weaker members of many other current groups. My point is that they are a well balanced larger group, and they average out pretty highly in my opinion.

Also, why you're comparing 2 month old rookies to crusty ass 2nd and 3rd gen groups at the peak of their development is beyond me. Also, you have to be joking with some of these groups you've named, and claiming that they have no weak links.

Exid are all mid dancers outside of Jeongwha, who is a weak vocalist along with LE.

Apink, have they ever rapped? They have a couple of mid singers in Naeun and Chorong and who's their stand out dancer?

Big Mama, have they ever danced? Can they even dance?

Wonder Girls? Lmao, poster child of mid talented but popular idols Sohee.

Sistar have Dasom, sorry.

I know you dislike YG groups but come on man....

• I mean, yeah, but let's be real, the bar is pretty low for years now. Of course, they're better than most groups, when mainstream Kpop nowadays is all about visuals.

BM is balanced, but doesn't really matter how talented or balanced they are if YG will do the same crap with them what they did with Blackpink, and they will have like 30-40 songs in 8 years, and 90% of those songs will be copy and paste, cringe and lame.

Who said, I compared BM with those groups in their peak? Go watch Mamamoo or EXID and how they performed when they were a couple of months old group. I'm sorry, I follow Kpop since 1st gen, but I never saw a group that was better than Mamamoo in terms of vocals, rapping and dancing. They're the most balanced and best vocal group in Kpop, for sure. I'm not saying BM can't be at their level years later, but I don't they will, because they're a YG group.

I won't write a whole book about the other groups, sorry, you can find a lot of review about them on YT.

I don't dislike YG groups, I hate YG since 2NE1 disbanded. It was NEVER about the groups. Even Blackpink had a huge potential, but they never did anything with them. That's why I think they won't do anything with BM either. But at least, BM is already way more talented than BP ever was. So even if YG will be lazy again, at least the girls can perform live, I just won't follow them if YG won't give them good songs or chance to make their own songs. Trust me, Babymonster would be a much better group if they teach them how to write and compose songs.

• Most Kpop groups are a joke when we speak about rap but Babymon and Kiss of Life have actually decent rappers. Only Julie writes her parts if I remember well and Belle is a composer/songriter who wrote songs for others groups before debuting so I give a slight ege to Kiss of Life for that.

Overall, KIOL dance better and Babymons sing better. It's actually pretty close and it's a 4 vs 7 comparison so it can be unfair. I am going with Kiss of Life but it's almost a tie.

Both groups are promising.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• Most Kpop groups are a joke when we speak about rap but Babymon and Kiss of Life have actually decent rappers. Only Julie writes her parts if I remember well and Belle is a composer/songriter who wrote songs for others groups before debuting so I give a slight ege to Kiss of Life for that.

Overall, KIOL dance better and Babymons sing better. It's actually pretty close and it's a 4 vs 7 comparison so it can be unfair. I am going with Kiss of Life but it's almost a tie.

Both groups are promising.

asa writes her own raps and has better flow than julie

• Having a better/good song is not an indication of skill (especially in kpop)

so i don't understand what this girls is saying

only 3 things can prove it:

- cover

- Live show

- Stable vocal

Now in terms of cover, what I've seen, BM's lead vocals and KSF's lead vocals are pretty much equal.

“ < 4 you & her

• Hello new mamamoo stans

I don't know what was your intention, but it's kind of funny, because on Twitter, all I saw today is Kpop fans talking about Mamamoo should be invited. And some Blonks already making fun of those people, saying things like this. 🤣 Blonks should be happy that Mamamoo has like 10% chance to perform at Coachella after their plans were ruined by Covid in 2020, and now they only invite girl groups like LSF.

External Content x.com

• this is one of those situations where

it's hard to pick and we shouldn't compare

one group has 4 members and other has 7

that itself is a huge difference

one thing tho worth mentioning is that many times people rating groups would say some bullshit like "she's a filler member", and I don't think anyone could say it after looking and hearing both Kiss of Life and Babymonster

both groups are well 'composed' in terms of talented people

• asa writes her own raps and has better flow than julie

Where's the proof? Honest question, because if I remember correctly her ONLY credit was for Batter Up, but that was written by like 10 other people. Asa is great, but no, Julie's flow is better, because she has a different style of rap. Asa has to do it in a YG way, and I'm sorry, but that's boring after 20 years.

BUT if we only count their talents, they're pretty close. I don't see the point to compare them. After 1 year, they can't show too much versatility.

Also, based on the info on KOMCA, Asa has writing (A) and even composer (C) credit, but both labeled with "NOT". Meaning, she can't get any royalties. The reason is probably because she didn't have much influence on how the song turned out to be, or she doesn't have a KOMCA ID yet.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Now, if something is 100% untrue, this is!

If we're talking about talented group as a whole since they have no filler members, Baemon >>>>>> EXID, APINK, and GFRIEND :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Baemon has no weak line compared to the groups mentioned have those kind of members :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• If we're talking about talented group as a whole since they have no filler members, Baemon >>>>>> EXID, APINK, and GFRIEND :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Baemon has no weak line compared to the groups mentioned have those kind of members :cursing:

Tell me you don't know anything about those groups without telling me.

Dude, Babymonster literally didn't do shit so far. I'm sorry, I like them too, but let's not go overboard. All of their songs are easy to sing and their dance choreo is even easier. Like I said, give them at least a couple of years so we can see what they will do, IF YG will do different styles (dance choreos) and music genres. So far they did one dance choreo and 2 genres. Hip Hop and Ballad.

So, let's not compare them with those groups, especially with EXID or GFriend, when GF is literally one of the best dancer group, if not the best and one of the most stable vocalists, too. In those groups, the so called "weak links" are miles better than most main dancers, vocalists, and rappers in other groups.

• This thread contains 52 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!