So Illit's Magnetic going viral is just a shameless lie by hybe stans?

• Is Illit Magnetic going viral just a dumb lie spreaded by hybe stans? 45

1. No, they are right (26) 58%
    2. Yes, a total fabrication (10) 22%
    3. Hybe paid me to say the song is viral, I'm contractually forced to lie (9) 20%

Checked the most followed kpop groups on tiktok recently and they are nowhere to be seen on the top

GKkerQtbEAAjL0H.jpg

Viral Takes (@viraltakes) on X
    Most followed K-Pop groups on TikTok for the week ending on 6th April:
    twitter.com

I also checked their tiktok account and their interaction are nothing unusual, they in fact get less interactions than a group like babymonster.

they are below groups that didn't released music recently and that don't have a song so viral it made it climb into the top 10 of spotify charts with almost 4 millions of filtered streams... so that was a fucking lie made up by hybe stans or anyone here can share any actual proof the song is viral anywhere? Personally I know 300% that is just the same hybe payola they used with newjeans before, but I welcome anybody to try to prove me wrong.

• That #1 song in Korea is viral, even though it is completely flopping globally.

It is entirely possible that a song in Korea can have more unique listeners, than the total number of times the song has been listened to in the whole world on Spotify.

Trust me bro.

• This is how Illit followers looked like before debut

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is right now, just stop bro.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:pepefacepalm:

• Goteem Go Team GIF - Goteem Go Team Happy GIFs

• That #1 song in Korea is viral, even though it is completely flopping globally.

It is entirely possible that a song in Korea can have more unique listeners, than the total number of times the song has been listened to in the whole world on Spotify.

Trust me bro.

What song is that?

Again? Cause this has apparently been consuming you for awhile now.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 5.39.59 PM.png

Lowkey yes because for 1 second I genuinely have the doubt that people were right and the song was in fact viral, so I checked and found myself right, magnetic is not viral anywhere.

This proves nothing bro :pepe-tea:

It is being streamed by casual listeners and hybe bots who doesn't even have an interest on the group and members :cursing: :cursing:

Won't be surprised if this is the truth.

• going viral means more people using ur sound. it is not about the followers or views in their official acct. obviously bm will have more followers and likes bec we all know they have a bigger fanbase. u can check it on sound. it means it many people use it as sound more people know it . 😂 i compared it with sheesh , hype boy and pola love ( cuz this gained streams on spotify, after getting viral on tiktok)

also, magnetic doesnt only have spotify , its also doing well on apply music, and kcharts. that hybe payola is overused drag tbh when its all abt marketing stretegy and their executives smarter than yg. if im gonna be too honest, yg is the one known for media play overhyping their artists success . 😂

IMG_4892.jpegIMG_4891.jpegIMG_4894.jpegIMG_4893.jpeg

• also, kpoppies are clueless abt virality, on spotify viral 50, its not just the streams bec u can see big artists with good streams due to massive playlisting ( in US bec its part of the marketing strategy) that dont make it there since part of the criteria is sudden rise due to sharing the song by users in spotify ( meaning real people sharing it. some of u here are just bitter and dont even understand what ur talking abt 😂

IMG_4899.jpegIMG_4898.jpegIMG_4897.jpegIMG_4896.jpegIMG_4895.jpeg

• Having more followers and engagement just means that baby monster has a bigger fanbase but it’s not an indicator of how *viral* their song is. Magnetic 3 days ago had 200k posts under their sound. Today it’s at 270k while sheesh is sitting at 55k …

External Content x.com

• Lowkey yes because for 1 second I genuinely have the doubt that people were right and the song was in fact viral, so I checked and found myself right, magnetic is not viral anywhere.

Welp, then you apparently still aren't all that sure if you're making discussion threads. Ironically, it's viral in a least two places: your mind and on AKP, where you keep making threads about it.

• also, kpoppies are clueless abt virality, on spotify viral 50, its not just the streams bec u can see big artists with good streams due to massive playlisting ( in US bec its part of the marketing strategy) that dont make it there since part of the criteria is sudden rise due to sharing the song by users in spotify ( meaning real people sharing it. some of u here are just bitter and dont even understand what ur talking abt 😂

IMG_4899.jpegIMG_4898.jpegIMG_4897.jpegIMG_4896.jpegIMG_4895.jpeg

270K videos in 2 weeks and half is hardly viral, nayeon's pop had way more videos on tiktok than that, I'm talking a pair of millions and it wasn't as viral as people are claiming illit is to get almost 4 millions of streams, the streams of pop were also way less. Viral is cupid with millions of videos on tiktok and they were getting less streams than magnetic for a considerable time of the song run.

Polaroid love got viral? Still barely made it into spotify 200 and almost always below 1M of streams the day it charted.

Checked this a little https://tokchart.com/ and 277k videos is barely viral for the streams magnetic is getting, the sog don't appear on the top 20 of most popular sounds of the latest 2 weeks

• Man you’ve had some dumb threads but this one takes the cake. Why would a viral song immediately translate to a huge number of followers? Were you born yesterday or what.You think fifty fifty immediately gained a large fandom just bc cupid was the most viral song of 2023? The blind hatred you have for hybe groups has really affected your abilities to use your 2 braincells

• Man you’ve had some dumb threads but this one takes the cake. Why would a viral song immediately translate to a huge number of followers? Were you born yesterday or what.You think fifty fifty immediately gained a large fandom just bc cupid was the most viral song of 2023? The blind hatred you have for hybe groups has really affected your abilities to use your 2 braincells

The numbers of followers is just one metric to showcase the song is not going viral clown, there is way more things I took in consideration but didn't put it to not make the thread introduction too lengthy, at least try to argue with some arguments like other users instead of just using a brainless straw hat like that one

270K videos in 2 weeks and half is hardly viral, nayeon's pop had way more videos on tiktok than that, I'm talking a pair of millions and it wasn't as viral as people are claiming illit is to get almost 4 millions of streams, the streams of pop were also way less. Viral is cupid with millions of videos on tiktok and they were getting less streams than magnetic for a considerable time of the song run.

Checked this a little https://tokchart.com/ and 277k videos is barely viral for the streams magnetic is getting, the sog don't appear on the top 20 of most popular sounds of the latest 2 weeks

• The numbers of followers is just one metric to showcase the song is not going viral clown, there is way more things I took in consideration but didn't put it to not make the thread introduction too lengthy, at least try to argue with some arguments like other users instead of just using a brainless straw hat like that one

are you really going to pretend that that was what you were saying all along, instead of it being what you only said after people in this thread started chiming in with logic? 🤭 the way your op is written right now, there’s no indicator anywhere supporting your claim of “there is way more things i took into consideration”, so don’t act out when people call out the brain-deadedness 🤭 we can only judge you based on what you said, not what we think you said - we’re not mindreaders who like to put words in people’s mouths, unlike some people 🤭

• are you really going to pretend that that was what you were saying all along, instead of it being what you only said after people in this thread started chiming in with logic? 🤭 the way your op is written right now, there’s no indicator anywhere supporting your claim of “there is way more things i took into consideration”, so don’t act out when people call out the brain-deadedness 🤭 we can only judge you based on what you said, not what we think you said - we’re not mindreaders who like to put words in people’s mouths, unlike some people 🤭

Exactly. You gotta say something like

How can a song get into the top 20 in Korea and have more unique accounts listening to the song in Korea than the total streams of the song worldwide in Spotify?

• The numbers of followers is just one metric to showcase the song is not going viral

number of followers is actually never part of the equation for virality. it is a measurement of how big their fd is. it's the "surge of users using it " that measures the songs virality. its abt the song not the grp. though in many cases, bec the song is popular, the grp will obviously gain fans

tiktok is just one aspect of getting streams on spotify. some songs dont even get viral on tiktok and get high streams on spotify. but illit has managed to have many tiktok users used their sound. over 270k illit vs 40k sheesh, so?and illit has over 4M streams on spotify while sheesh is like over 1.8M? it makes sense to me. but if ur questioning magnetic streams but not Sheesh? for me its more questionable cuz sheesh is nowhere to be found in virality both on tiktok and spotify and still getting streams higher than kpop grps with bigger following ? 😂

IMG_4902.jpegIMG_4904.jpegIMG_4903.jpg

no one is saying its a new cupid-- and its not like 50-50 is good example as well. they are no longer relevant. im sure hybe dont want illit to be like them.as mentioned above, spotify virality is measured by how many times it was shared on spotify by individual users. thing is u cant buy streams on spotify unlike yt , u can only get some spots on pls with many followers but it doesnt guarantee high streams as well. in short , there there are many factors impacting streams on spotify but one thing for sure, getting high yt views have no value on spotify.

and there is a reason why many western artists dont put high value on yt mvs anymore. seldom ul find right now getting high yt streams for mvs unlike kpop artists. its too expensive and dont play much value on virality in other sns platform nor it translates to spotify /apple music streams there is a correlation however on bb hot 100/global 200 when you have high streams on spotify.

this forced hatred on hybe is so evident. hybe is just doing what western labels are doing tbh. but it seems its only wrong when asian labels do it but not when its western labels.🤷‍♀️

Edited once, last by Jackah ().

• are you really going to pretend that that was what you were saying all along, instead of it being what you only said after people in this thread started chiming in with logic? 🤭 the way your op is written right now, there’s no indicator anywhere supporting your claim of “there is way more things i took into consideration”, so don’t act out when people call out the brain-deadedness 🤭 we can only judge you based on what you said, not what we think you said - we’re not mindreaders who like to put words in people’s mouths, unlike some people 🤭

Well yes because I check charts before talking about anything and know just how pointless is to write a lot and show proof in this forum so I won't waste my time doing so. But whatever, I still say if YOU have proof the song is viral YOU show it, I never claimed ONLY because they are not gaining lot of followers the song is not viral clown

• Well yes because I check charts before talking about anything and know just how pointless is to write a lot and show proof in this forum so I won't waste my time doing so. But whatever, I still say if YOU have proof the song is viral YOU show it, I never claimed ONLY because they are not gaining lot of followers the song is not viral clown

“i made a failed argument bc it wouldn’t have mattered if i actually made a competent one, yall just wouldn’t accept it. Instead you have to assume my argument to be what i never said” - 🤡

Truly a clown-eat-clown world out there 🤧

GHKtcwrgg7PR2zq2n3kYOk7HwMaFmKPVjCKcKGmPym15f2_LUSIN7NKBDaHaGQ2jd-MeVqoRwI3AmQM=s830-c-fcrop64=1,0000004fffffffb0-nd-v1

Edited once, last by whiffy ().

• “i made a failed argument bc it wouldn’t have mattered if i actually made a competent one, yall just wouldn’t accept it. Instead you have to assume my argument to be what i never said” - 🤡

Truly a clown-eat-clown world out there 🤧

Maybe try learning to read

so that was a fucking lie made up by hybe stans or anyone here can share any actual proof the song is viral anywhere? Personally I know 300% that is just the same hybe payola they used with newjeans before, but I welcome anybody to try to prove me wrong.

There is no claim the song isn't viral only for followers, invite to share any other proof about the topic, is just so clear, maybe try to respond to the issue, there is anything to prove magnetic is viral?

Trust me bro.

In South Korea, Spotify is not popular at all and occupies the level of an ordinary average music platform, it is stupid to think that pitiful crumbs in Korea or other Asian countries can influence such a huge streaming figure.

• I like it when you start criticizing someone in K-pop, the arrows are immediately thrown at Western artists, but when you start comparing K-pop artists and Western ones, then suddenly, these are different things and it’s better not to compare them at all. The problem is that all factors influence promotion and as you like to refer to Western artists, they have also been caught more than once in the bot farm for boosting streaming on Spotify, in what ways are Hybe worse than Westerners? They also use a bot farm for their artists. Your arguments about TikTok are simply ridiculous, I’ve already written 270 thousand nothing more than once and they don’t give such an indicator in Spotify in total with what we have. I don’t see them trending on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, they’re not trending anywhere. Someone still believes that they are popular - it's sad.

• Having more followers and engagement just means that baby monster has a bigger fanbase but it’s not an indicator of how *viral* their song is. Magnetic 3 days ago had 200k posts under their sound. Today it’s at 270k while sheesh is sitting at 55k …

External Content x.com

3 days ago only had 200K? So 11 days ago when it got 3M of streams it had less than 50K I assume... so it was not viral at all when climbed the top of spotify charts, that just proves my point bro.

• Maybe try learning to read

There is no claim the song isn't viral only for followers, invite to share any other proof about the topic, is just so clear, maybe try to respond to the issue, there is anything to prove magnetic is viral?

why would i need to prove magnetic is viral or not? I don’t give a fuck about that and yall’s petty argument about kpop idols’ success lol you could say that any top group is begging on the streets rn and i wouldn’t give a shit to correct you or egg you on. Their success is not yours and you don’t benefit from them doing well in any way bruh, so getting obsessively bitter about successful idols that are not your faves is very lame too

Was only addressing the jarring argument that stood out to me, and it’s not irrelevant bc it’s literally in the op 😂 stop trying to policy people on what they can or can’t say if you don’t like it. If you can’t take the heat of being a thread’s op, don’t make one. It’s that simple. That one goes out to some other people out there too (they know who they are 🤭), not just you

• 270K videos in 2 weeks and half is hardly viral, nayeon's pop had way more videos on tiktok than that, I'm talking a pair of millions and it wasn't as viral as people are claiming illit is to get almost 4 millions of streams, the streams of pop were also way less. Viral is cupid with millions of videos on tiktok and they were getting less streams than magnetic for a considerable time of the song run.

Checked this a little https://tokchart.com/ and 277k videos is barely viral for the streams magnetic is getting, the sog don't appear on the top20 of most popular sounds of the latest 2 weeks

as mentioned , virality on tiktok is just one aspect. tbf, lets look at sheesh instead.if we follow ur logic abt number of followers and pop! s virality on tiktok, sheesh streams are more questionable? why is it getting high streams than nayeon’s viral song, or even txt new release song ( a hybe grp, ur saying doing payola for their grps) . i think the streams sheesh they are getting are more questionable cuz a new grp is is like getting 1/5 of magnetic’s virality on tiktok (270k vs 46k sound used)

lets compare day 3 streams and playlist reach since yall love these numbers so much 🤍

magnetic

streams: 2,163,495 (#50)

reach: 4.8 million

sheesh

streams: 1.66 million (#84)

reach: 6.1 million

mind you babymonster got 1 million more playlist reach but less streams 💀 . so can we conclude yg is paying more payola?😂

its understandable that after getting higher streams or getting viral on spotify ( measured more on how many individual accts are sharing it and getting most buzz )that magnetic will eventually get more reach. 🤷‍♀️

IMG_7133.jpegIMG_7139.jpegIMG_7138.jpegIMG_7140.jpeg

• 3 days ago only had 200K? So 11 days ago when it got 3M of streams it had less than 50K I assume... so it was not viral at all when climbed the top of spotify charts, that just proves my point bro.

not really bec tiktok just helps u get more streams on spotify but it is viral on spotify . number in US, JP and SK. and guess what, its the most organic way to know people are listening to it outside playlisting . Spotify top viral songs are measured based on buzz it created including how many times spotify individual accts shared the song.U just simply dont understand what virality means on spotify

IMG_7142.jpegIMG_7143.jpegIMG_4898.jpeg

• I like it when you start criticizing someone in K-pop, the arrows are immediately thrown at Western artists, but when you start comparing K-pop artists and Western ones, then suddenly, these are different things and it’s better not to compare them at all. The problem is that all factors influence promotion and as you like to refer to Western artists, they have also been caught more than once in the bot farm for boosting streaming on Spotify, in what ways are Hybe worse than Westerners? They also use a bot farm for their artists. Your arguments about TikTok are simply ridiculous, I’ve already written 270 thousand nothing more than once and they don’t give such an indicator in Spotify in total with what we have. I don’t see them trending on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, they’re not trending anywhere. Someone still believes that they are popular - it's sad.

what bot farm are u even saying?do u have proof? i already shown above that sheesh has more pl reach on day 3 and yet magnetic has more streams. spotify daily viral songs are measured by buzz & unique users sharing it. no bots can do that!?😂so many delusional kpoppies are saying this bot farm but no proof at all. if there are success stans , there are what i call success haters.

and again there is no correlation in yt( esp yt) , instagram and twitter on getting bigger spotify streams! instagram is a place where u measure fashion influence not music. like bp getting more followers than bts or 4th gen bgs having more followers than 4th gen ggs . yt is just for music show wins and its main users are male so ul notice ggs getting more views and ads influence views . it does not impact users preference on spotify or apple music. twitter is basically irrelevant.

if its all abt sns followers and buzz, ul see bgs getting more than gg bigger spotify streams in general . but they dont. enhypen and txt both from hybe even svt are NOT getting as high streams as magnetic is getting now? why will hybe do it for illit but not for txt or enhypen when they are also eager to beat skz in 4th gen? it doesnt make sense. 🤷‍♀️

• This thread contains 38 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!