Ditto and Super Shy vs Magnetic spotify comparison proves the Hybe massive payola

• New Jeans created and established the market

Illit came in and took it

Actually NJ didn't create this market, it is the High School Musical, Glee and Disney channel market for which has been empty in recent years.

• Also fits the more cutsey type formula popular there

Very much so. The concept + two Japanese members, I believe, make Japan an instant hot market for them.

I expect them to do very well there.

I was honestly surprised NewJeans got so popular in Japan so quickly to begin with, when:

• They have no Japanese members
    • Made no effort to promote in Japan outside of a KCON Japan appearance (and they went to KCON Saudi Arabia too so...)
    • Didn't release a single Japanese song

One the more surprising outcomes in NJ's sudden success story. ILLIT is set up nicely to follow in their footsteps, and LSF is the best selling girl group in Japan right now.

• Now that illit was able to enter hot 100 on their debut song means they have the most legendary debut of all time for kpop grp. u all talk abt hybe payola. if its real then why not all hybe grps ( i wish its true😂) can get as much hype as ggs and illit entering hot 100 ( the best accomplishment u can get better than pak , cak) on their debut song is not easy to replicate!IMG_4868.jpeg

• Now that illit was able to enter hot 100 on their debut song means they have the most legendary debut of all time for kpop grp. u all talk abt hybe payola. if its real then why not all hybe grps ( i wish its true😂) can get as much hype as ggs and illit entering hot 100 ( the best accomplishment u can get better than pak , cak) on their debut song is not easy to replicate!IMG_4868.jpeg

For the same reason newjeans got the payola when they debuted and lesserafim didn't

• ILLIT is doing numbers in Japan… is it because of their Japanese members or ?? ;judgingpepe:

i was in japan last week and they were mentioned on the morning news. they mentioned they were in the same company as bts, nj, lsf. they mentioned the japanese members. i didnt understand the rest, my japanese is not good lol. they have an upcoming japanese variety show appearance on the 14th. i guess they are getting promoted decently there

• They copied Lsf with their 2 Japanese members, who copied Twice with their 3 Japanese members.

BM has done the same with their 2 Japanese members.

Long term, its these 3 groups, that will do well in Japan, just like Twice.

• They copied Lsf with their 2 Japanese members, who copied Twice with their 3 Japanese members.

BM has done the same with their 2 Japanese members.

Long term, its these 3 groups, that will do well in Japan, just like Twice.

Twice paved the way :iconpepe:

Payola :starryeyes-pepe:

As an army you should be mas as hell, they letting most of the bts boys go alone in spotify and under perform while giving newjeans and illit all this payola, when it was those same bts members that build hybe empire.

• For the same reason newjeans got the payola when they debuted and lesserafim didn't

its called marketing & strategy that may work others but wont work with rest. and le ssera has already well known members pre -debut so they wont hv the same marketing strategy. other big labels do " promos"/media play too what u call payola so happened it doesnt work for them as well as it worked for nj and now illit. so i call it jealousy over success that kpoppies didnt predict right. i guess it hurts to be wrong😂

• its called marketing & strategy that may work others but wont work with rest. and le ssera has already well known members pre -debut so they wont hv the same marketing strategy. other big labels do " promos"/media play too what u call payola so happened it doesnt work for them as well as it worked for nj and now illit. so i call it jealousy over success that kpoppies didnt predict right. i guess it hurts to be wrong😂

Is totally fine if a company use some strategies to boost a group single, but this is too much, even infuriating how superficial illit single was boosted so hard by payola. And no, there is barely 2 companies capable of displaying this level of spotify payola, yg and hybe, but not for everyone. Yg pretty sure wish to use with babymonster the payola they use with blackpink but is not possible, is thanks to interscope and jeremy erlich they can do that. The same for hybe, is thanks to scooter braun they got those levels of payola, and not even all members of bts are benefited by it so your justification makes no sense, is a select few in each company.

• As an army you should be mas as hell, they letting most of the bts boys go alone in spotify and under perform while giving newjeans and illit all this payola, when it was those same bts members that build hybe empire.

BTS members were releasing songs/collabs every 2-4 weeks last year and I don't expect each song to be a hit. Also, they are currently charting 6 songs on Global Spotify.

2025 and onwards will show if BH/HYBE deserves BTS to resign with them.

• its called marketing & strategy that may work others but wont work with rest. and le ssera has already well known members pre -debut so they wont hv the same marketing strategy. other big labels do " promos"/media play too what u call payola so happened it doesnt work for them as well as it worked for nj and now illit. so i call it jealousy over success that kpoppies didnt predict right. i guess it hurts to be wrong😂

We also have to look at the sublabels. Each gets a budget from Hybe and are allowed to promote the way they want.

LSRFM went the standard Kpop route with emphasis on Japan, taking advantage of traditional fans like former Wizones who were Ssamkkura biased. Standard promo teasers, no significant expenditure in Spotify, etc

MHJ turned everything on its head and used Ador's marketing budget completely differently (filming tons of MVs, completely new MV concepts including male and even foreign love interests and telling a story instead of using tons of special effects and just showing the 5 members the whole time, no teasers, releasing three singles at once, and of course the music itself). They also focused on Spotify and got put on playlists within a few weeks if i remember correctly.

Illin is basically NJ 2.0 with pretty much all of its budget focused on Spotify and Tiktok. Of course, they also benefited from a whole ass survival show so they didnt need that much standard Kpop promo.

• Is totally fine if a company use some strategies to boost a group single, but this is too much, even infuriating how superficial illit single was boosted so hard by payola. And no, there is barely 2 companies capable of displaying this level of spotify payola, yg and hybe, but not for everyone. Yg pretty sure wish to use with babymonster the payola they use with blackpink but is not possible, is thanks to interscope and jeremy erlich they can do that. The same for hybe, is thanks to scooter braun they got those levels of payola, and not even all members of bts are benefited by it so your justification makes no sense, is a select few in each company.

even if payola exists ( if it does , all big labels are capable of that, mind u! ) , it will only work for a week , thats why u see streams going down after day 3 in most cases unless it gets gp support. in short, its a legit hit by now even i never expected " magnetic" to be this big knowing belift . it also depends on the song, it needs to be the right song for this new/young generation to be a hit. thats why not all bts members are getting hit /viral songs though all get decent streams on spotify bec fd is so massive but u see it dropping on 3rd day. i think its just jungkook's song seven that was really a global massive hit & jimin's like crazy bec both are trendy and fun.

in short- right promo, right song to the right artist and knowing how to sustain it and keep the interest of gp are the reasons why will it be a hit globally. saying its good or bad , its quite subjective --it is based on ur taste not necessarily the truth.

• BTS members were releasing songs/collabs every 2-4 weeks last year and I don't expect each song to be a hit. Also, they are currently charting 6 songs on Global Spotify.

2025 and onwards will show if BH/HYBE deserves BTS to resign with them.

That's right but hybe didn't support lot of bts members projects last year, and this one alone they didn't support jhope first release after a year, the only crazy solos on kpop entitled to drag a company for no supporting their faves are the bts ones, and I don't believe hybe will change at all since they keep debuting more and more groups sustained by payola, so they will have to prioritize them instead of bts members.

• tbh BELIFT isn’t giving Magnetic *enough* push. How is it pulling almost 4 MIL & a hot 100 debut but not on TTH :boredr:

Another thread indicated they're getting a hidden push by being forced into Spotify algorithms so it comes up when you're not playing a specific playlist that you create or choose. Apparently even letting it play for a few seconds on Spotify counts as a stream?

• even if payola exists ( if it does , all big labels are capable of that, mind u! ) , it will only work for a week , thats why u see streams going down after day 3 in most cases unless it gets gp support. in short, its a legit hit by now even i never expected " magnetic" to be this big knowing belift . it also depends on the song, it needs to be the right song for this new/young generation to be a hit. thats why not all bts members are getting hit /viral songs though all get decent streams on spotify bec fd is so massive but u see it dropping on 3rd day. i think its just jungkook's song seven that was really a global massive hit & jimin's like crazy bec both are trendy and fun.

in short- right promo, right song to the right artist and knowing how to sustain it and keep the interest of gp are the reasons why will it be a hit globally. saying its good or bad , its quite subjective --it is based on ur taste not necessarily the truth.

Another thread indicated they're getting a hidden push by being forced into Spotify algorithms so it comes up when you're not playing a specific playlist that you create or choose. Apparently even letting it play for a few seconds on Spotify counts as a stream?

Spotify will count it after 30 seconds, which is more than enough time to skip :watt: . Auto play alone isn’t giving magnetic these huge numbers.

• That's right but hybe didn't support lot of bts members projects last year, and this one alone they didn't support jhope first release after a year, the only crazy solos on kpop entitled to drag a company for no supporting their faves are the bts ones, and I don't believe hybe will change at all since they keep debuting more and more groups sustained by payola, so they will have to prioritize them instead of bts members.

BTS almost disbanded and no one knew until they talked about it. If the members think that BH/HYBE is not doing a satisfactory job, there won't be news of them renewing 1-2 years before the contract renewal in the future.

• Spotify will count it after 30 seconds, which is more than enough time to skip :watt: . Auto play alone isn’t giving magnetic these huge numbers.

Auto play aint getting any streams from kpoppies or haters for sure...

they'll block the song first, no charity streams!

If the song is on US tth,it'll rise even faster!

Njs super shy was placed on global tth and us tth from the get go i think!

We'll see how far it goes , good luck to them..

• Auto play aint getting any streams from kpoppies or haters for sure...

they'll block the song first, no charity streams!

If the song is on US tth,it'll rise even faster!

Njs super shy was placed on global tth and us tth from the get go i think!

We'll see how far it goes , good luck to them..

I’ve been seeing KPOp Stan’s using autoplay to undermine magnetic’s success. It just shows how dumb ppl can be :boompepe:

• even if payola exists ( if it does , all big labels are capable of that, mind u! )

It’s true that everyone can do this, but not everyone can get away with it like Hybe. Anyone can break the law, but there are those who can do it with impunity. So if you remain silent about this, then Hybe will continue to increase streaming for all its groups.

• Magnetic without the fandom has more than Super Shy from a group that has already had 3 high-profile releases. Does anyone seriously consider Illit not payola and continue to defend them?

its not the fd that made it successful, its the same case with 50-50. no fd , no big label backing them up, it simply went viral. if the song is good ( catchy & fun for generation z ) then it will get viral & streams

• its not the fd that made it successful, its the same case with 50-50. no fd , no big label backing them up, it simply went viral. if the song is good ( catchy & fun for generation z ) then it will get viral & streams

What is virality? Does she have 10-20 million videos of her on TikTok? They didn’t even succeed on YouTube, you don’t know what virality is, Cupid was viral and became so when the number of videos exceeded 8 million, and everything on YouTube was flooded with them, but with illite there is no feeling of any virality at all .

• It’s true that everyone can do this, but not everyone can get away with it like Hybe. Anyone can break the law, but there are those who can do it with impunity. So if you remain silent about this, then Hybe will continue to increase streaming for all its groups.

didnt yg known for media play? even jyp have heavy pl for their grps on 1st week and ads on yt . sm does it too . didnt they hv history in super m or wtv its called trying to beat bts, didnt they pay so their grps can join big music us festivals , same with Ive etc . didnt the owner of melon also owns ive label and sm ? who do u think will benefit on that scenario. hybe is just getting magnified bec they are doing the " same level" of marketing strategy but are more successful. what are u all complaining abt then? its their job to do everything in their power to make their grps successful. longevity is the key -- lets see if illit can sustain that or not. but still il call success a success bec not everyone gets it even those other grps in hybe😂

• exactly! and call it luck as well and ig some labels are just more in tuned with new generation than those labels stuck in the past. trends change, market changes so strategy must change too

• This thread contains 31 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!