If ILLIT actually pull off getting their debut title track on the Billboard Hot 100, I will change my opinion on biggest debut in K-Pop history

• And bump BLACKPINK down to third biggest.

As strong as their debut was, I couldn't ignore the historic accomplishment of DEBUTING in the Billboard Hot 100, Hybe payola and hype be damned.

ILLIT would comfortably slide into the #2 spot for biggest debut ever, and NewJeans would still be sitting comfortably ahead. It's one thing to chart well and break records, but it's another to become the center of the K-Pop universe seemingly overnight and become a cultural reset and phenomenon so powerful that rival companies pay consulting firms millions to understand how you do it.

ILLIT isn't at THAT level, but their international streams are incredibly impressive, and I repeat, nobody saw this coming and you're lying if you claim otherwise.

That is all :dancer-pepe:

• I thought they were going to flop when they were announced as I'LL-IT and the other member quit but I changed my mind pretty fast as soon as the teasers started and they fixed the group's name

I'll give you your flowers on this. You completely flipped your opinion on them just in time.

Even I can't try to go at you over your original ILLIT takes

• wdym bts ender, if u ask someone who doesnt know anything abt kpop on who illit or newjeans is they wouldn't know

That ain't true. I meet more and more muggles who knows who NewJeans are.

Not as much as BTS, but NewJeans has literally performed at Lollapalooza, been to two different BBMA year end events and got TWO stages on Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve , which is a huge deal.

Also stop taking that obvious bait

• this is so funny.. why are we comparing 2016 and 2024 international streams, its 8 years gap and A LOT is changing.. the fact is, ILLIT debut is not even anywhere near ITZY debut era so lets just stop there.

and the fact that none of the member are making noise unlike any other girl group for example ITZY with Ryujin and Yuna being the talk of the town, or when Blackpink where Jennie is already an it girl from the first day of BP debut, TWICE with Nayeon, or even Aespa (who failed to enter TOP 30 melon with their debut) Karina and Winter making buzz.

seems like people only tuning to ILLIT because of their trendy music and they're HYBE group.. No one can name any of the member, not even stan Twitter.

Not to mention, atleast we know BLACKPINK achieve all those PAKs and CAKs on Melon during their debut with their own impact and people are actually tuning in, unlike those Spotify stream who got a lot of company push.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Illit debut is different from njs...

njs had 4 titles w/ 4 mvs and promoted as such... now every gg trying to emmulate them

Illit suppose to be hybe 1st flop group! Cjem even sold off their 51% to hybe!

How the tables have turned just with 1 magnetic song!!

• we are talking about REAL IMPACT here

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

i can agree that Newjeans debut era is bigger than BP but ILLIT... seriously HYBE stan?

• thank you that's the reason why they made that thread lol they always have to insert bp somewhere they live for the drama

• That ain't true. I meet more and more muggles who knows who NewJeans are.

Not as much as BTS, but NewJeans has literally performed at Lollapalooza, been to two different BBMA year end events and got TWO stages on Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve , which is a huge deal.

Also stop taking that obvious bait

I thought it was obvious, I am just joking around since I put NewJeans ender on Ill it.

• That's cool. BlackPink didn't even have the third or even fourth biggest girl group song of 2016, and only one of their title tracks really even performed comparably to the other top groups.

They also had no physical album sales until 2018.

I've covered this. I've posted the numbers.

Despite that, I STILL have them #2 over IVE and Miss A, due to their immediate impact.

But digitally they were outpaced and outperformed by Twice, GFRIEND and Mamamoo by a significant margin.

Why are you mad at them being #3 anyway? They're still on the podium. Not bad after 8 years.

• ^^Blackpink is currently I think the only GG who had paks with their debut song (if I’m not mistaken)

But that can change within the next week or so. ILLIT is definitely taking it Internationally and on the kcharts :pepe-notes:

• If ILLIT pull off a PAK AND debut on the Hot 100, I'm expecting heat from their fans who want to crown it the biggest debut ever. It won't be, but they'll be much closer than BLACKPINK

• are you seriously now... comparing ILLIT debut to Miss A?

not even Blinks are that brave to compare BP debut era to the legendary BGGG era :facepalm:

im not mad but its disrespectful !

its like saying IVE is bigger than NJs when they are not !

• I mean but they are. NJ and IVE are level in Korea. But IVE isn’t touching newjeans internationally. :pepe-smug:

Newjeans latest release definitely did do better numbers than IVE’s so … ;judgingpepe:

Nah. They aren't that close if we're objective and look at the data. I don't feel like fighting Dives tonight, so I'll leave it there.

NewJeans are in a tier of their own. I'm sorry if that upsets other people, but stan your groups because you love the members and their music, not because they have the best numbers. :finger-heart:

• Blinks vs illit stan(s)... Finally a conflict without internal conflict :pepe-yes-sign:

You're a Blink so I apologize in advance for the numbers dump I'm going to copypasta in a few minutes to silence the outcry at BLACKPINK being rated appropriately.

People can think what they want about me Slayurfaves but I'm always objective and fair in my assessments

The fact I'm acknowledging ILLIT is proof of that. I scowl every time I check that damnable thread and see what new record they snatched ;judgingpepe:

• You're a Blink so I apologize in advance for the numbers dump I'm going to copypasta in a few minutes to silence the outcry at BLACKPINK being rated appropriately.

People can think what they want about me Slayurfaves but I'm always objective and fair in my assessments

The fact I'm acknowledging ILLIT is proof of that. I scowl every time I check that damnable thread and see what new record they snatched ;judgingpepe:

Slay is already suffering through a Baemon re-re-debut era, I don't think she can handle more fighting.

And it's getting kind of old and played out. Why not fight Reveluvs or fearnots. Switch it up a little :spammerpepe:

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Slay is already suffering through a Baemon re-re-debut era, I don't think she can handle more fighting.

And it's getting kind of old and played out. Why not fight Reveluvs or fearnots. Switch it up a little :spammerpepe:

I spent all of third generation fighting with Reveluvs over third place. I'm tired. Plus Mamamvelvet is a real thing, so my heart was never truly in it.

And I have no beef with Fearnots and predicted LSF to be the second biggest girl group in K-Pop by year end. We likewise have no beef.

It's the incumbents and the ones who thought their group was the chosen one before new denims arrived that have beef with me

• I spent all of third generation fighting with Reveluvs over third place. I'm tired. Plus Mamamvelvet is a real thing, so my heart was never truly in it.

And I have no beef with Fearnots and predicted LSF to be the second biggest girl group in K-Pop by year end. We likewise have no beef.

It's the incumbents and the ones who thought their group was the chosen one before new denims arrived that have beef with me

SNSD? EXO?

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• The sweat dripping from yama make their vision so blurry they can't see a gg beat all of nj supposed untouchable records, while nj couldn't even beat bp ones of nearly 8 years ago

• A potential hot 100 hit with a debut definitely will push them just as competitive as NJ and BP during their debut era.

Members like Moka, Minju for visual (knetz already love her as 5th gen visual) and Wonhee are definitely making noise maybe it's not in your face right now but they will be everywhere.

:pepelove1:

X/?(:rolleyes:

;judgingpepe:

Edited once, last by Wateris ().

• SNSD? EXO?

I was still too new in the game during peak Sone vs. Blackjack era, even though I was Team 2NE1.

And a boy group? Never. Ever. Even in my peak Big Bang fanboy era, I had no interest in the Big Bang vs. EXO war of 2015/2016.

The sweat dripping from yama make their vision so blurry they can't see a gg beat all of nj supposed untouchable records, while nj couldn't even beat bp ones of nearly 8 years ago

Bender Futurama GIF - Bender Futurama Laugh GIFs

I can't even take this seriously. NewJeans have snatched almost every record any girl group could lay claim to in Korea. After nearly every "first" and "fastest" girl group record, the words "NewJeans" will follow.

Did they get a PAK at debut? No, they didn't. Is Hype Boy still a top 30 song on the charts despite us coming up on its 2-year anniversary soon? Oh yes. Yes it is.

There are levels to this.

ILLIT getting a couple Spotify records here and there doesn't make me sweat much.

A PAK + a Hot 100 debut + the sales record (still NJ's for now) would. I'm not even worried about BlackPink anymore.

Other than touring, I don't think they have too many records left that NewJeans haven't already taken with ease.

• ITZY might be a flop now but their debut era is undoubtedly one of the biggest debut era ever

and since we are talking specifically about debut.. here you go !

so my point is valid

itzy debut era.jpg

It was a great debut. I never said they were flops, ggstan. But they weren't in the same tier as NewJeans, BLACKPINK, IVE, Miss A and now potentially ILLIT (these are my top 5 by the way).

In order:

1. NewJeans

2. BLACKPINK

3. IVE

4. Miss A

5. ILLIT

Yes, ILLIT will jump to 2 if they pull off what all the early indicators say they're on schedule to pull off.

Itzy would be in the next group of debuts.

• no one was talking abt new jeans whenever they debuted, except when they put out ditto and omg.

• no one was talking abt new jeans whenever they debuted, except when they put out ditto and omg.

That's literally and patently untrue. The K-Pop world could not stop buzzing and talking about NewJeans the literal moment they debuted. The impact was seismic and instant, and they've been on top the girl group pantheon ever since. That's why their debut is EASILY the top, even putting their astronomical numbers aside.

• well miss i acctually live somewhere were there isnt any signs of kpop

Yeah. aespa sang a song about where you live

External Content youtu.be

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!