I don't get the hype for BabyMonster Ahyeon

• 20240314_192545.jpg

No offense to the girl, but I'm tryna figure out what's so special and what's the hype about it.

I mean it's not like she's a Wonyoung or something if we talking about visuals.

I can name 5 other female idols that look like her or even better.

In terms of skills, same thing, I can name plenty of female idols that can actually sing and some nugu female idols who actually rap good asf.

I'm guessing it's because she's in YG and people want her to be the "new Jennie".

But even then, I still don't get it.

She doesn't look like a IT girl at all, so the people calling her that is just glazing :pepe-clown-gear:

• Korean preferences are totally different to the rest of the world.

Thats why someone maybe massive in Korea, but a dead fish globally.

So who really knows with Ahyeon. It is however far better to have global appeal, as that is where most of the profits are for the big groups such as BP and Twice.

• the hype

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• the hype

ok.....i mean u just proved my point :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

theres nothing special or spectacular that makes her a standout.

i can pull up multiple clips of female idols singing and sounding good asf, WITHOUT the prerecorded vocals.

there's nothing that gives IT girl or savior of the group, besides YG stans wanting her to be the next Jennie since she's the best looking one in the group

• are you visual shaming a 16 year old? and btw that's one picture and it's not only about visuals Ahyeon has that star quality and charisma that's what some people are drawn to.

External Content twitter.com

but the main reason why people like her it's because she is an all rounder

• Is this the group that has 10 jennies (or 7)

• Those who have followed their journey by watching The Last Evaluation videos likely expected her to debut with the group.

And when that did not happen, the fans were probably saddened and disappointed about it since this was surprising and probably the first(?) time a group debuted with a missing member.

So, as you may know, there were likely a lot of them who took it to heart ( a.k.a. seriously ) and voiced their opinions online or something.

• are you visual shaming a 16 year old? and btw that's one picture and it's not only about visuals Ahyeon has that star quality and charismas that some people are drawn to.

but the main reason why people like her it's because she is an all rounder

please cut the minor shit

i clearly called her the best looking in the group :pepe-clown-walk:

im saying in MY opinion i dont see the hype.

there's other idols who can sing like Yunjin, Lily, Natty etc

visuals? Sullyoon, Wonyoung, Haerin, Kazuha etc

i mean I get the all rounder thing, that's cool asf. But to say she will be the TOP idol of 5th gen is a long...like longgggggggggggg ass stretch :boompepe:

• If she has star quality, I'm certainly not seeing it. She looks like one of various members who whould just fade into the background in a number of other girl groups. It feels like prospective BM fans are pinning all their hopes onto her because it's all they have left, not because she actually has the potential to act as the group's savior.

Korean preferences are totally different to the rest of the world.

Thats why someone maybe massive in Korea, but a dead fish globally.

That was mean. You should apologize to IU.

• If she has star quality, I'm certainly not seeing it. She looks like one of various members who whould just fade into the background in a number of other girl groups. It feels like prospective BM fans are pinning all their hopes onto her because it's all they have left, not because she actually has the potential to act as the group's savior.

Imagine not debuting with your ace, visual, center, and most popular member. That's how it would feel like :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• ^ who knows really. Some of the visuals you mentioned I don't really understand the hype, but my tastes are totally different to Koreans.

And the reality is global tastes in general are totally different to Korean tastes, and some are hitting a growth wall globally, with other idols running them down or overtaking them in popularity.

• Imagine not debuting with your ace, visual, center, and most popular member. That's how it would feel like :cursing:

What is she an ace of? She's not an ace of exuding the potential to be a star. Her visual is average for Kpop. Why is she popular? What has she done to garner her popularity? She hasn't even debuted yet.

• What is she an ace of? She's not an ace of exuding the potential to be a star. Her visual is average for Kpop. Why is she popular? What has she done to garner her popularity? She hasn't even debuted yet.

They literally have their pre-debut show. Even in pre-debut, you would know who would be the ace and who is the most popular member. Her dangerously cover went viral to the point Charlie Puth noticed her, she hasn't debuted yet.. She has the most engagements. She is an all-rounder, even the show portrayed her as 'that' member :cursing: :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• YG basically botched their debut. They should have debuted midway last year, not in Nov without any Korea promotions. But they have another chance, and it looks like he is all in now.

Its not Billboard Top 100, but one of their singers is singing a cover and its on Billboard.

• They literally have their pre-debut show. Even in pre-debut, you would know who would be the ace and who is the most popular member. Her dangerously cover went viral to the point Charlie Puth noticed her, she hasn't debuted yet.. She has the most engagements. She is an all-rounder, even the show portrayed her as 'that' member :cursing: :cursing:

Do you know what an all-rounder is? She better be able to do everything whe she debuts, and do it well. Otherwise this is false advertising.

• Imagine not debuting with your ace, visual, center, and most popular member. That's how it would feel like :cursing:

she is not the visual I don't think they have an official visual but she is definitely the center as the way she was promoted and being an all rounder. I don't get why we need to focus on visuals

What is she an ace of? She's not an ace of exuding the potential to be a star. Her visual is average for Kpop. Why is she popular? What has she done to garner her popularity? She hasn't even debuted yet.

there isn't an official member she is the center and not sure why there is a need to discuss about visuals it feels weird when she is only 16

anyways here is another pic not sure why this pictures wasn't added

umYMVcn.jpg

• she is not the visual I don't think they have an official visual but she is definitely the center as the way she was promoted and being an all rounder. I don't get why we need to focus on visuals

there isn't an official member she is the center and not sure why there is a need to discuss about visuals it feels weird when she is only 16

You should direct your ire at YG for debuting a 16-year-old. Whether anyone likes it or not, visuals are highly relevant in Kpop.

• Do you know what an all-rounder is? She better be able to do everything whe she debuts, and do it well. Otherwise this is false advertising.

She's able to do everything well. That's why people are hyped for her, not just only for her visuals. :cursing: :cursing:

she is not the visual I don't think they have an official visual but she is definitely the center as the way she was promoted and being an all rounder. I don't get why we need to focus on visuals

Not usually but mostly, the visual is the most popular member. And she is the most popular. Imo, she will be because of her resemblance to jennie visually :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

• She's able to do everything well. That's why people are hyped for her, not just only for her visuals. :cursing: :cursing:

Not usually but mostly, the visual is the most popular member. And she is the most popular. Imo, she will be because of her resemblance to jennie visually :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Jennie is not the visual that actually proves my point anyways it doesn't matter she is still the most popular and can't wait for her to be re-introduced to baemon :wink:

• i do get the hype around her skills she's well rounded

but i don't get the hype around her visual, don't get me wrong she's beautiful but i saw koreans hype her visual like crazy when i actually think she doesn't really compete with the current 4th gen top visual

but also find that rora and asa are actually much more pretty in bm than ahyeon

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• It would be... curious If she didn't manage to save the group the way people are expecting her to do

She won't.

Baemon's problems trace back to piss poor marketing and seemingly directionless management that still thinks it's 2016, and their efforts would be mid at best even by 2016 standards.

If Baemon fans think Ahyeon returning to the group will suddenly make Baemon actually chart like a YG girl group, they're about to be bitterly disappointed if YG don't get their shit together.

Their company brand is weaker than it's ever been, and the girl group game is deeper than it's ever been. They better humble themselves and make a real effort to make Baemon stand out from the pack.

• I mean different strokes for different folks right?

you say you don't see it whereas other people have been telling you otherwise...so isn't just a difference of preferences...

I mean in the entire history of AKP discourse - has there ever been one person to change their pre-existing opinion on something based on what others have said? lol

• Thats what i just want people to realize.

To think they gonna automatically debut in the Top 10 or heck even Top 20 on kcharts just because she's back is very ridiculous.

Its not even about marketing, because theres groups with horrible companies but because the song was good enough, they got popularity.

BabyMonster only need to focus on making good music, and stop with these BlackPink reject songs.

Even their ballad song was a snooze fest and I saw people say it was too many unnecessary high notes :pepe-life-support:

Good music will get you a long way in this kpop world.

• YG should know how to produce good ballad songs. They used to release the best. I am still confused by their approach and strategy with Baemon.

YG bragged about all the producers they're bringing on board to deliver music for Baemon, but that feels like a "too many chefs in the kitchen" situation to me.

I guess we'll see.

People minimize the importance of charting in Korea, but YG does not. This is a man Dara said malded whenever 2NE1 wasn't #1 on the charts

• Recently? Daisy made some convincing arguments why It Girls matter.

Historically? The Digital Thread made me re-assed how I Am compares to Ditto

See? It happens

good for you my friend!!!

maybe I should make a thread on whether other people on AKP have ever changed their opinion because of something on AKP

• She's striking instead of typical traditional beauty, talented, has a strong confident aura

I'm doing everything I can to write Baemon off completely and even I get it

YG's glam team needs work though, those girls are not being serviced well

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I don't get it at all.

But I also don't get the illit stuff either

Does anyone hype them up? Didn't notice. But perhaps i wasn't looking at right places

As for ahyeon, let's wait at see when she debut. Pre debut activities and post debut activities are different.

Is she pretty? Yes, but to me all idols are pretty lol

• i got into kpop (or should i say bts) in 2019 and I'm not familiar with history that happened before that Didn't check 1st or 2nd gen content, I'm not interested, sorry 😅

"YG should know how to produce good ballad songs. They used to release the best."

It seems that they are stuck in "used to" time because both BM songs sound dated. Let's hope the "2nd debut" title track isn't

• Does anyone hype them up? Didn't notice. But perhaps i wasn't looking at right places

As for ahyeon, let's wait at see when she debut. Pre debut activities and post debut activities are different.

Is she pretty? Yes, but to me all idols are pretty lol

Here. Not really. On youtube, it is quite intense. It seems stronger and more widespread than for other groups except BP.

• Here. Not really. On youtube, it is quite intense. It seems stronger and more widespread than for other groups except BP.

Youtube is YouTube. Their channel is followed by fans, so no surprise there. But does casuals on social media hype them up?

Eta: if i wasn't clear, i was talking about illit, not bm :)

• This thread contains 37 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!