Did we witness a NewJeans 2.0 successfully being pulled off with ILLIT?

• Do you think HYBE/Bang PD successfully pulled off a NewJeans 2.0 with ILLIT? 34

1. No (21) 62%
    2. Yes (8) 24%
    3. Maybe (5) 15%

20240314_171906.jpg

Here's a short snippet of one of their songs from the album called "My World"

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

20240314_163109.jpg

20240314_163124.jpg20240314_163133.jpg

20240314_163017.jpg

20240314_163033.jpg

20240314_163102.jpg

20240314_165134.jpg

20240314_163025.jpg

• I don't think it's possible to pull a New Jeans with this group.

1. Because the way New Jeans even debuted. New Jeans was literally released into the world with 0 warning. They had a surprise release. No teasers. No member reveals. And still were a hit right out of the gate. I don't know of any other KPOP group who has done that, and not many are able. ILL'IT had a whole show and a full roll out.

2. New Jeans already exists. New Jeans has become the benchmark. Especially for ILL'IT. They are constantly going to be compared to New Jeans and considered a copy. Even if they have a hit, people will always think of them as a New Jeans wannabe group. *unless of course they change their whole concept and do something completely different from New Jeans.*

The only ones who can pull a New Jeans at this point is if another group comes out and completely changes the soundscape of what's trendy in KPOP musically as BP and New Jeans did previously. ILL'IT's song from that snippet in the teaser I just heard sounds to me like a combination of New Jeans and IVE. It's not different enough to have the same impact. Maybe SM's new GG or the Black Label's new GG will do that. Or, we may just have to wait till the latter part of 5th gen or 6th gen before we see another impactful debut like this.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• They'd never be newjeans, newjeans is not newjeans just because of their concept but also due to members. None of illit's members stands out.

I love how everyone is doubting them lol

I can't wait till they debut and shoot up in popularity...the switch up gonna be insane

So many success stans gonna come out the blue and act like they liked the girls from the beginning :pepe-hehe:

• I hope they debut with their own style (hard to say that they will though, the photos are sure trying to make them look a lot like NJ). It’s not fair to a new group to be roped into being a 2.0. They should be Ill’It and that’s that.

:send-love-bunny:

• Newjeans songs don't give me redvelvet/fx/loona vibe at all

• Heh, it's funny you listed two SM girl groups, when SM is the company that got outed for paying a consulting firm millions to research why NewJeans was so successful.

NewJeans isn't praised for creating and pioneering their concepts and image; they're praised for how they innovated a formula that had become stale and breathed fresh new life into it in a way that was noticeably different from any other group in K-Pop.

I highly recommend reading any interview Min Heejin has given on the topic, because she spares no detail in giving a thorough explanation of her creative process and how she prioritized collaboration, creative innovation and going against the grain of the industry she'd been a part of for two decades.

Ironically, she was the creative director for both Red Velvet and f(x), as you probably know.

The acknowledgement of NewJeans' impact on the industry isn't due to recency bias; ADOR has actually been marketing, directing and promoting them in ways that are "novel" in the K-Pop industry.

I said all that and didn't post a damn thing about the thread.

So far, ILLIT don't give me NewJeans vibes at all.

• And what if none of that happens and they end up forgotten like enhypen?

I feel like a lot of people forget this is a whole HYBE girl group.

Okay even if we take out Min Heejin cuz she do her own thing, even still with

Le sserafim is enough to see success as a girl group from that company.

Le sserafim just made it on the Hot 100, got over 15.3 million monthly listeners on music platforms and in the Top 5 of kcharts every comeback, with millions and millions of streams.

To think ILLIT is gonna "flop" is the most delusional thing I've heard.

Even looking at them now u can see the budget is put into them already.

And ENHYPEN is far from forgotten friend :boompepe:

Just because you don't listen to them, or they not "trending in Korea", doesn't mean they flopping or not popular

Screenshot_20240314_181213_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20240314_181243_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240314_181403_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240314_181315_YouTube.jpg

• Due to their ages, I assumed they would go with an extremely cute concept.

However they are dressed exactly like how New Jeans dresses.

If fact when they were at Paris Fashion Week recently, people mistook them for New Jeans.

• I've said this before, but you might not have noticed. NewJeans is an SM group at essence, but with the marketability of HYBE. It's like SM doesn't realize they had the formula all along, but kept complicating things.

I don't agree with this, newjeans feel significantly different from any sm gg be it fx or snsd or redvelvet or aespa. People like to connect newjeans to sm only because min heejin is a ex sm employee but newjeans by themselves don't give any sm group vibe at all.

• The song almost reminds me of

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

not u lying like that lol

• I love how everyone is doubting them lol

I can't wait till they debut and shoot up in popularity...the switch up gonna be insane

So many success stans gonna come out the blue and act like they liked the girls from the beginning :pepe-hehe:

Ill wait till i hear more of their music before stanning or not bothering

Making a decision to be a fan of a group before any full tracks have really dropped is insane

• Ill wait till i hear more of their music before stanning or not bothering

Making a decision to be a fan of a group before any full tracks have really dropped is insane

I agree, trust me i get everything you saying, cuz at the end of the day kpop IS about music first and foremost

• Enhypen was done dirty by hybe, I think Bang is interest in this gg.

The way y'all really think Enhypen are flops is crazy...

They have the streams, views, followers, brand deals and everything.

just because they not "trending in Korea" and u dont listen to them- that dont mean they arent doing great.

Literally Enhypen ARE popular lol

Screenshot_20240314_181213_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20240314_181243_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240314_181403_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240314_181315_YouTube.jpg

I thought the same at the first second i thought "wait i know this song or i'm just having an hallucination"

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• I agree, trust me i get everything you saying, cuz at the end of the day kpop IS about music first and foremost

It should be, but it often isn't. There ARE fans who actually don't put music as their top reason for stanning a group, which is somewhat understandable with the powerful visuals of K-Pop.

If it was all about the music, the most popular members of groups wouldn't often be the least talented.

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!