I don't think a K-Pop label has ever had both the biggest boy group and girl group in the industry, right?

• I know nothing about 1st generation, because it was before my time, so I could be wrong. I need a truly ancient entity like BlackpinkHouse to enlighten me.

But looking at the gens I was around for:

2nd gen: Big Bang & SNSD (YG & SM)

3rd gen: BTS & BlackPink (Hybe and YG)

4th gen: BTS & NewJeans (Hybe)

When BTS returns in 2025, Hybe will have the two biggest groups in K-Pop in both BTS and NewJeans, and their other artists are doing amazing as well.

No wonder they have people shook. I'm not a company stan, but I do like watching OG Big 3 stans quivering in their boots at the thought of Hybe monopolizing the industry like the Big 3 used to do but no longer can :pepe-hehe:

• SM had H.O.T and S.E.S

Arguably the top BG and GG of the first generation.

• Big Bang was big and a good case can be made that they were the top 2nd gen group, but it was not as clear as with BTS.

BTS is by far the biggest BG in kpop.

But for the second generation arguments can be made for Shine, 2PM, Big Bang. They had different peaks, overall for consistency I would say Big Bang.

As far as I have read, TVXQ was a bit like Exo, they were huge at first, but eventually other 2nd Gen groups overshadowed them. (Maybe another example is like Twice and BlackPink)

• Damn, you ended this poor Yama attempt to hype newjeans in seconds

I have a feeling that he/she knew that, but left the first generation off her/his list in purpose.

• SM had H.O.T and S.E.S

Arguably the top BG and GG of the first generation.

S.E.S and Fin KL were neck and neck. It was too close to call.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Putting Bigbang at the same level of Shine and 2PM....

• Because saying skz wont fit the narrative.

THE cutest | Stray Kids changbin | Crazy kids, Felix stray kids, Kids groups

Ain't no boy group close to BTS today. They're still the biggest K-Pop group in the world, and they'll all be back by 2025. Heck, they've been around for most of 4th Gen too.

So yeah, Hybe will still have the two biggest groups in K-Pop by 2025. That's not a narrative.

• Peaked as in?? Hype??

Statistically. Globally. Individually.

Every where you look, BP is ahead. They're the incumbents set to be replaced by NewJeans at the top, not Twice.

Is this a controversial take or...?

vYARN | Sure, jan. | A Very Brady Sequel | Video clips by ...

Don't use the generation division then.

There is no rule that a group can't be the biggest group in multiple generations. It's just that BTS is the first to do it, being the biggest group ever.

Not that deep.

• Statistically. Globally. Individually.

Every where you look, BP is ahead. They're the incumbents set to be replaced by NewJeans at the top, not Twice.

Is this a controversial take or...?

Statically as in? Come on dude, do I have to ask every question? Just put it all out. What are they statistically above Twice? Album sales? No Number of hit songs? No Touring? No. "Oh but they did less..." who the fuck cares?? Are you looking back at Beatles, Elvis, Michael and counting the amount of years they were active or amount of albums they put out? You fucking don't, so throw that bullshit to the bin.

Individually, again, who the fuck cares? Cha Eunwoo's solo career doesn't make Astro a bigger group.

Globally? Yall are still gonna push that even after Ready To Be tour! Seriously? It ain't 2018.

• Statically as in? Come on dude, do I have to ask every question? Just put it all out. What are they statistically above Twice? Album sales? No Number of hit songs? No Touring? No. "Oh but they did less..." who the fuck cares?? Are you looking back at Beatles, Elvis, Michael and counting the amount of years they were active or amount of albums they put out? You fucking don't, so throw that bullshit to the bin.

Individually, again, who the fuck cares? Cha Eunwoo's solo career doesn't make Astro a bigger group.

Globally? Yall are still gonna push that even after Ready To Be tour! Seriously? It ain't 2018.

Are you...really still debating Twice vs. BlackPink in the year of our lord, 2024?

I'm no Blink so don't expect me to go find a bunch of numbers to prove the obvious.

BlackPink has clearly been the biggest girl group in the world pre-NewJeans :pepe-hips:

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• External Content www.youtube.com

Perfect song to kick off my weekend. Thanks :pepe-toast:

• 2009-2011 it was SNSD and Suju, not because Suju was bigger than BB exactly but because of BB's inconsistent comebacks and their 2011 comeback wasn't big enough to make up, so until they smashed again with Alive in 2012 Suju was definitely considered the top bg those years.

Something similar can be said with 2013-2014 with Exo if we compare them with BB directly but their solos those years were so big and BB had grown so much internationally with Alive that BB was still up there.

• Do you really expect more from Yama? yg and blinks set a narrative very hard to fight even when twice has x2 or x3 bigger numbers in almost every category that matters

It is really amazing how blinks brainwashed 90% of Kpop fandom by simply repeating the narrative and using BTS association :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

BTS AND BLACKPINK

BTS AND BLACKPINK

BTS AND BLACKPINK

BTS AND BLACKPINK

1*hg5DtnuHdmyCcGHchR8Qww.jpeg

• So your entire argument is based on your feelings and what blinks say? Wow

Do you really expect more from Yama? yg and blinks set a narrative very hard to fight even when twice has x2 or x3 bigger numbers in almost every category that matters

It's called not living under a rock.

Twice lost their crown circa 2019, and it hasn't even been close since. No sane K-Pop fan thinks BlackPink isn't a much more popular group overall.

Only a group at their level could hold NewJeans off on Spotify, albeit just barely.

• Twice lost their crown circa 2019, and it hasn't even been close since. No sane K-Pop fan thinks BlackPink isn't a much more popular group overall.

Again, based on what? Like I haven't even heard 2019 from blinks before, some would say 2020 some 2018, you're literally talking outta your ass cause in 2019 Twice and BP went head to head with Fancy and KTL and Twice won that battle.

• Again, based on what? Like I haven't even heard 2019 from blinks before, some would say 2020 some 2018, you're literally talking outta your ass cause in 2019 Twice and BP went head to head with Fancy and KTL and Twice won that battle.

When BlackPink dropped D4, they were clearly surging past Twice. Out of respect to Twice, I still give them 2018. But by 2019 they were charting on Billboard and making K-Pop history for girl groups.

It wasn't even close after that.

This is how I know you're lying about being there to witness all of 3rd gen Kpop. Dead giveaway.

Only a coping, delusional stan would try to argue Twice was as big as BlackPink after 2019. BlackPink was getting Hot 100 entries while Twice was losing relevance in Korea

Stop it

• Statically as in? Come on dude, do I have to ask every question? Just put it all out. What are they statistically above Twice? Album sales? No Number of hit songs? No Touring? No. "Oh but they did less..." who the fuck cares?? Are you looking back at Beatles, Elvis, Michael and counting the amount of years they were active or amount of albums they put out? You fucking don't, so throw that bullshit to the bin.

You're fighting a losing battle here. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• Twice has also been gettting Hot 100 entries (unlike Moomimoo.) You know, because that isn't a Korean chart. You stop it.

• Twice has also been gettting Hot 100 entries (unlike Moomimoo.) You know, because that isn't a Korean chart. You stop it.

Yama is the schrodinger clown, things are relevant or not depending the girl group he is using at the time (newjeans or mamamoo), the same clown that argues mamamoo is a top group with twice when mamamoo has never achieved 1% of twice success, dude is really hopeless

Are you two just pretending to be dumb or...?

When BlackPink charted on the Hot 100, it was virtually unheard of. The last girl group to have done it was Wonder Girls with Nobody.

Not to mention, BlackPink went on to chart multiple songs in the Hot 100 for multiple weeks and then set the record for most weeks in the Billboard 200.

On top of that, they have the most streams on Spotify in a single year in girl group history.

The scale of their popularity eclipsed Twice years ago. It's your jealousy, bitterness and insecurity that would make you try to pretend otherwise.

If we polled every K-Pop fan on the planet who knows the history of these two groups, probably 85% would choose BlackPink as the most popular girl group, not only of their era, but ever (soon to be surpassed of course).

I am NOT a Blink, so I am NOT going to research and post a bunch of numbers to convince some oblivious children who want to pretend like this is a hot take and not absolutely just common sense.

While Twice was flopping in Korea, BlackPink was becoming a household name in the states. Twice didn't see a resurgence in the West until years later.

Oh boy. I did not know this was the level of delusion I was dealing with when I argued with you clowns :boompepe:

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!