Representative emojis have gone too far

• I remember back a few years ago when it was really easy to tell which idol a fan was talking about because barely anyone really had or used them and people used different ones for different idols, hardly ever using the same emoji for two different people

But now it feels like EVERY group has these emojis to represent each member and theyre all the same animal emojis...

Unless a fan only talks about ONE group online, its impossible to tell who theyre talking about when they post just a single text "wonder what *cat emoji* is doing right now" WHOOOO is that? WHO?

its especially difficult because now fans can never agree on what emoji fits what idol, so theres never a universal emoji used for each idol anymore, people using 5 different emojis for the same person. how is that representative? atp i feel like its easier to just go to a fan meet and just ASK the idol what to use, but even then im sure people still would disagree and use something else

does anyone else feel this way?

• i mean emojis are for the groups stans to know only right? there are a million 🐰’s in kpop but i only know it as soobin. don’t really care about the other 999,999 idols it represents. as for fans giving idols their own emojis, i don’t really know much abt that because i only know txts representative emojis and they selected theirs themselves. it’s a unanimous agreement on both sides. and it’s impossible to have each idol assigned to a different emoji… just remember your faves and theirs

• i mean emojis are for the groups stans to know only right? there are a million 🐰’s in kpop but i only know it as soobin. don’t really care about the other 999,999 idols it represents. as for fans giving idols their own emojis, i don’t really know much abt that because i only know txts representative emojis and they selected theirs themselves. it’s a unanimous agreement on both sides. and it’s impossible to have each idol assigned to a different emoji… just remember your faves and theirs

but like i said its confusing when a multistan posts saying "wondering what *cat emoji* is doing rn" who is that? yoongi? niki? ten? johnny? lee know? WHO IS THATTTTT and thats also the point of my post, if everyone is going to do it and theres not enough emojis for everyone,,, why not just use their name? or a nickname? Nobody else other than kai goes by KAMAL....

• but like i said its confusing when a multistan posts saying "wondering what *cat emoji* is doing rn" who is that? yoongi? niki? ten? johnny? lee know? WHO IS THATTTTT and thats also the point of my post, if everyone is going to do it and theres not enough emojis for everyone,,, why not just use their name? or a nickname? Nobody else other than kai goes by KAMAL....

But only translation accounts use emojis, if you follow itzy fanbase then bunny represent Yuna, if it’s Ive it’s Wonyoung. It’s not really confusion even as a multi.

• cat will forever = yoongi in my brain

bunny=jungkook

jimin= NOT an animal but mochi... if anybody ever says anything abt "mochi" ill always assume its jimin

puppy=seungmin

felix=chick lol

`✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘺, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘦. 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘪𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵´

Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Jihyo in Talk that Talk MV | Twice, Merry happy,  Twice mv   Chaeyoung 🗡💙👓 - TALK THAT TALK MV (1) | Kpop wallpaper, Kpop girls, What  is love

`

• I hate it so so so much

The only group I know by animal is Red Velvet and I don't even Stan them. Now every group has one and translators will use animal emojis over initials

Most idols have an official color or something, why not use that. Much easier to follow too

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I hate it so so so much

The only group I know by animal is Red Velvet and I don't even Stan them. Now every group has one and translators will use animal emojis over initials

Most idols have an official color or something, why not use that. Much easier to follow too

You mean individually? If yes, then bts doesn't have them

• its especially difficult because now fans can never agree on what emoji fits what idol, so theres never a universal emoji used for each idol anymore, people using 5 different emojis for the same person. how is that representative? atp i feel like its easier to just go to a fan meet and just ASK the idol what to use, but even then im sure people still would disagree and use something else

does anyone else feel this way?

i only care about bts and their emojis have been consistent and make sense; well, apart from V, it's still debate if he's tiger or bear ^^ iirc he said that he prefers bear, he's our winter bear. They really come in handy for translators. Some translators use both 🐯 🐻 for V, the best way to avoid discourse lol

• I admit I don't even know which one belongs to whom in Infinite unless I look it up lol

Hamster = Sungkyu

Dinosaur = Dongwoo

Puppy = Woohyun

Deer = Sungyeol

Kitty = L / Myungsoo

Bunny = Sungjong

20240131_143152.jpg

• My nugu faves :pleading:

What are their colours? I honestly didn't know this existed. I assume no one's individual colour is pink, i assume they are all pink :)

I think Blackpink is one of the few groups that doesn't really do individual colors but they also push the official animal thing a lot more than most.

Jisoo 🐰

Rose🐥

Lisa🐱

Jennie...🐻? I think, not 100% sure for her

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I only vibe with Stray Kids' representative emojis cause there's no way Bang Chan isn't a wolf. He was born to have that emoji represent him. The rest just feel forced. Like bunny or cat. How many bunnies and cats do we have in kpop? hundreds? how is everyone a bunny? But nobody wants to use a microwave or soccer ball as their emoji :/

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!