What was it that first caught your attention with your favorite group?

• What was it that first peaked your interest in your favorite group? And your journey with liking them.

For me, I heard Thunderous and got curious since I really liked it and it stood out to me. Then I went back to God's Menu and Back Door. Hyunjin's AOTM was also one of the first things I saw, since it just came out and many were talking about it. It later led me to Red Lights, which is still my favorite song by them. Seeing their great performance skills along with checking out more of their music solidified me as a fan. Funnily enough, I used to kind of have a prejudice against SKZ after hearing Side Effects back then and hating it lol :oops:

• This happened on a Wednesday, June 17th, 2020 at 6:00 am (BRT)/6:00 pm (KST)

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just one view and I sold my soul to the Devil instantly.

If you didn't get it, Gods Menu wasn’t meant for you, it will never be. I don’t expect that you understand how emotional, powerful and striking it is. I literally don’t expect that you think it is the best Stray Kids title track, I don’t expect that you agree with my opinion. I don’t expect that you sympathize with the chef's movement and their daily struggles. I don’t expect that you cry like I’ve cried. I don’t expect that it gets you like it has gotten me. What I expect is that you shut your mouth and accept that it wasn’t meant for you. Gods Menu is quality. Gods Menu is a Kitchen reference. Gods Menu is being five-star Michelin. Gods Menu is a cultural reset. Gods Menu is resistence.

That being said, everyone should watch It's recent orchestra version

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• sungkyus song im cold.

External Content m.youtube.com

However, when i found him infinite had been on a long hiatus. I didn't want to get into them for fear of them never doing activities as a group. Despite checking out some of their songs. So i followed him as a soloist. The moment they announced their anniversary and a comeback album i went crazy. I bought everything watched every mv listened to their discography 100 times.

I fell in love with every member bought all their solo work and the rest is history. Though sungkyu was replaced by Woohyun. His story is inspiring and I just love him.

• The Kill This Love MV

Before I watched that I really thought K-pop was just like J-pop in a different language, and instead of frilly madi/schoolgirl outfits, it was "sailor" outfits (I dunno, hard to describe). But still the J-pop/J-idol template of ear shredding cutesyness, not particularly demanding choreo in complete unison and borderline ummmm... p*dobaiting.

Then I watched Kill This Love one night and was blown away by the brashness and cuntiness of it all, the completely over the top MV, the much "harder" sound than cutesy J-pop stuff, the greater individuality between members where each one stood out and particularly Jennie, who just hooked me like the simp I am almost instantly.

It was my first exposure to BlackPink, to kpop and to k-entertainment in general (besides Train To Busan a few years earlier)

• You knew they would only blow up from here and stanned FAST. Queen :pepelove1:

If they didn't blew up It would be one of the biggest boycotts in K-pop history. I just needed to watch one MV to see the potential IT factor, uniqueness and excellence.

Glad to know a lot of people saw what I saw and God's Menu completely changed the trajectory of their career.

Althrough, I think I would've stanned them If I gave a chance to them in 'MIROH'. I completely ignored their existence from pre-debut (when Hellevator dropped) to God's Menu and didn't listen to anything else from the group in between.

Wish I was a fan when God's Menu dropped

One of their best eras to follow :red-heart:

• EXO - The Overdose MV and especially D.O in it. It was my gateway into kpop (we don't count PSY ofc) and it had a huge impact on me. I remember being very confused with how fast the MV was moving and how many people there were. I loved the song at first listen, downloaded it and downloaded some more random EXO songs to check out and became a fan.

Red Velvet - I had liked them way before I decided to stan them (2018, Power Up era-ish), but I think what attracted me the most at first was the MCountdown performance of Russian Roulette. At that time it was their latest cb. I remember it marked me because of the outfits, the fanchants and the iconic hair colors. It's such a great performance.

NCT - similarly to RV I was a fan of their music for a long time, but it wasn't until 2020 that I decided to become a NCTzen. What first caught my attention to them in 2016 was the Fire Truck dance practice (NCT 127). At the time it was one of the most impressive choreos/dances I had ever seen. I was super impressed with their dance skills and stamina.

Stray Kids - with them the story is a bit different, I already knew them and had 5-10 of their songs in my playlist. I wasn't familiar with the members at all though (only knew someone called Felix was in the group). But around June 2021 I asked in the NCT guild (RIP) for SKZ b-side recommendations and the ones that were recommended to me impressed me a LOT, so much that I decided to check out the entire Miroh mini because a lot of those songs were from that release. After listening to that mini and some more extra music I decided to stan them. So basically, tl;dr what caught my attention was their music being so good and the fact that I had been missing out on it for all that time

edit: oh forgot to mention there was this one time (before 2021) I was working out and god's menu came on, and I thought wtf this is such a bop, really need to check more SKZ discography but ofc eventually I forgot to do so, so it delayed the stanning process by like half a year

• They definitely had a clear IT-factor in God's Menu MV. I thought that Miroh would be the song that got you into SKZ! At least you got on board during God's Menu.

I also didn't hear their music for a while. I didn't check out their debut, and I just listened to Side Effects because I saw people trashing it so I was curious, and that song was enough for me to write them off for a long time lmao ;(

• EXO was my way into kpop as well, and Overdose was my first song as a fan <3 I first saw them at MAMA 2013, and I also remember being shocked at how many there were, but loving the dancing

• They definitely had a clear IT-factor in God's Menu MV. I thought that Miroh would be the song that got you into SKZ! At least you got on board during God's Menu.

I also didn't hear their music for a while. I didn't check out their debut, and I just listened to Side Effects because I saw people trashing it so I was curious, and that song was enough for me to write them off for a long time lmao ;(

And you still dislike Side Effects, I suppose

always shading the queen here and there :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• The first time I was Shawol, it was because I thought Taemin was cute (I was a little kid).

The second time (the current time), it was that I remembered that I though Taemin was cute when I was kid so then I revisited SHINee (to see if Taemin is still cute) and then Key locked me in the fandom again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!