Your faves won't have the longevity of Twice.

• And I don't mean blackpinks fake longevity of one album every 2 years but actual consistent high selling promotions 9 years in.

New jeans may look unstoppable now, but that's now.. lee seferm however you spell it may look like immortal and IVE but literally every top GG did at a point.

Ever heard of the bigger they are the harder they fall? Well these groups are getting HUGE way too quick and that generally means they'll fall as fast as they come. Don't be so cocky.

You think your faves will still be able to bring up huge revenue but more realistically they'll end up like what happened to other ggs.

Just remember to stay humble. I wish all these groups remain big but reality ain't so friendly.

• True. Most groups these days would be lucky to even be able to promote as long as Twice and BTS have. Twice are having a comeback in their 8th year, how many groups could do that? They still go on world tours which is insane. 3rd gen was really the peak for a lot of groups, most groups still are active from that gen, like red velvet. In 5 years will New Jeans and the rest of these big ggs be able to tour and promote like Twice? Probably not.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• sorry but in this era everyone and their mothers can sell loads of albums. it doesn't mean shit when new million sellers are popping up every five business days. the things that make you stand out are charting on Korean and international charts. twice haven't seen their korean charting glory days since 2018. they had a good three year run. it's good that they're popular enough to hold stadium tours and sell millions of albums but it's clear they aren't considered a top group anymore. they still have millions of fans but people just aren't interested enough. but blackpink on the other hand... no one thinks any girl group is bigger than them let's be fr. with insanely long hiatuses they can still hold their own -- as a group and as solos. other than nayeon who in twice has a remotely successful solo or subunit career??? no one. blackpink clears to this day. This is true relevance and longevity

• sorry but in this era everyone and their mothers can sell loads of albums. it doesn't mean shit when new million sellers are popping up every five business days. the things that make you stand out are charting on Korean and international charts. twice haven't seen their korean charting glory days since 2018. they had a good three year run. it's good that they're popular enough to hold stadium tours and sell millions of albums but it's clear they aren't considered a top group anymore. they still have millions of fans but people just aren't interested enough. but blackpink on the other hand... no one thinks any girl group is bigger than them let's be fr. with insanely long hiatuses they can still hold their own -- as a group and as solos. other than nayeon who in twice has a remotely successful solo or subunit career??? no one. blackpink clears to this day. This is true relevance and longevity

They're likely earning more money this year than their so called peak years with huge touring and album sales.

That's longevity obviously they aren't as big in Korea but worldwide they will sell more concerts than these groups rn. Which is longevity let's not forget their Japanese popularity.

My point wasn't they are still on their level my point was they are still promoting and selling well despite being near 10 years in. No GG has done that.

Other ggs who debuted at a similar time are long disbanded by now

• True. Most groups these days would be lucky to even be able to promote as long as Twice and BTS have. Twice are having a comeback in their 8th year, how many groups could do that? They still go on world tours which is insane. 3rd gen was really the peak for a lot of groups, most groups still are active from that gen, like red velvet. In 5 years will New Jeans and the rest of these big ggs be able to tour and promote like Twice? Probably not.

These fandoms are way too brave and disrespectful, should respect their seniors.

Also their faves have a tenth of the personality twice has. Wooyoung face is a bore.

• you have a point but they are being bested by blackpink in that department as well. blackpink literally puts in half the work hours as twice. jyp is making twice work like mules because I swear it feels like they have a comeback every three months and to what end? I think nearly nine years into your career you'd rather wish to enjoy the fruits of your success and labor than work as much as you did on your first day of your job. because without constantly releasing albums and having dedicated fans buy all 6372637 versions, there isn't much twice has to offer. jihyo had a bad solo run, their Japanese subunit didn't make much noise, they have no other opportunities like acting lined up, they don't get Korean CFs. so idk

• you have a point but they are being bested by blackpink in that department as well. blackpink literally puts in half the work hours as twice. jyp is making twice work like mules because I swear it feels like they have a comeback every three months and to what end? I think nearly nine years into your career you'd rather wish to enjoy the fruits of your success and labor than work as much as you did on your first day of your job. because without constantly releasing albums and having dedicated fans buy all 6372637 versions, there isn't much twice has to offer. jihyo had a bad solo run, their Japanese subunit didn't make much noise, they have no other opportunities like acting lined up, they don't get Korean CFs. so idk

Blackpink is much bigger ofc.

Twice are happy to promote all 9 that's why they signed again.

Yeah they aren't as big but they're still around warning millions and that's good enough.

I'll be surprised if these groups are even still together at this point in their career.

This virgin back in Twice's business.

• By your logic and knowing BP's story, fake longevity works kkkkkkk ..

Ok, well noted thanks :pepe-toast:

If you only release one comeback every 1.5 years it gives fans time to save and starve them.

If they had 3 comebacks a year like twice do them I'd be impressed with their consistency.

But their starving fans strategy doesn't impress me. (And yes I know they would still be bigger than twice.. but just saying I don't see that as true longevity)

• If you only release one comeback every 1.5 years it gives fans time to save and starve them.

If they had 3 comebacks a year like twice do them I'd be impressed with their consistency.

But their starving fans strategy doesn't impress me. (And yes I know they would still be bigger than twice.. but just saying I don't see that as true longevity)

I can say the same thing for Twice

3 cb a year doesn't impress me if you release it with poor quality ( less effort ). I prefer to wait and have a lot of good songs.

To be honest, I like the American strategy more than the Kpop strategy... and BP following this strategy doesn't bother me

I'm more concerned about their lack of promotion (other than that! It's okay)

“ < 4 you & her

• To each their own but I think bp last album wasn't that great quality wise. And much preferred their previous work.

But yeah, bp is great.

• Onces sure cant appreciate that when they have been used to that 6-7 comebacks a year for straight few years. Hence so many of them complained about last year only few releases cause they were on tour

The american way is the way to sustain longevity. Adele, Beyonce, Gaga takes ages to come out with new album but people still stick with her.

• Not comparable

As Twice’s relevance fell away in SK Covid hit and kpop blew up internationally opening up new markets for them. They’d probably be locked away in Japan for years if that didn’t happen :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• Onces sure cant appreciate that when they have been used to that 6-7 comebacks a year for straight few years. Hence so many of them complained about last year only few releases cause they were on tour

The american way is the way to sustain longevity. Adele, Beyonce, Gaga takes ages to come out with new album but people still stick with her.

Depends..

Blackpink is big enough that they can afford to do that. But a lot of groups aren't.

You first have to become Beyonce or gaga to act like them.

• well firstly if a group has members that debuted younger then they have even more chance to overtake twice in terms of album sales

secondly album sales for the 4th generation especially the currently top ones have far exceeded the album sales of their previous generations on a like to like basis

however for GG - all members renewing after the first contract is a rarity - only four groups in the entire history of kpop have renewed (Dreamcatcher, Mamamoo*, Twice and BP*)

* because one member in mamamoo didn't renew for their solo activities and none of BP members did for their solo activities

• What longevity?

Genuinely asking and this is coming from someone who stanned them from 2015-2018. I mean they broke their #1 charting strike literally 1 year after being titled Nation’s Girl Group. They haven’t been able to get a #1 song since and 2023 was the first time they weren’t included in the Gallup Year end list. Didn’t even get 1%. If anything it shows SNSD has better longevity than Twice ever could.

No tea no shade but some of you Onces need a reality check

pasted-from-clipboard.gif

• well firstly if a group has members that debuted younger then they have even more chance to overtake twice in terms of album sales

secondly album sales for the 4th generation especially the currently top ones have far exceeded the album sales of their previous generations on a like to like basis

however for GG - all members renewing after the first contract is a rarity - only four groups in the entire history of kpop have renewed (Dreamcatcher, Mamamoo*, Twice and BP*)

* because one member in mamamoo didn't renew for their solo activities and none of BP members did for their solo activities

You missed out Apink, they renewed twice before leaving IST. I'd also include Brown Eyed Girls. They may not all have stayed at the OG agency but they kept the group together throughout all the agency changes and kept making albums, the most recent being in 2019.

Still 6 groups over 30 years is insane.

• This thread contains 50 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!