Newjeans don't identify hybe as their company

• They have their allegiance to ADOR only

Screenshot_2023-12-18-14-20-35-06.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-18-14-21-20-22.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-18-14-21-25-94.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-18-14-21-58-67.jpg

In a weeverse live hyein jokingly said that she will give a company to fans, and somebody jokingly comment "yay hybe is mine" , newjeans members then quickly corrected the viewer by saying its ADOR (their company) and not hybe.

Here's the timestamped eng subbed video of that live

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Its good. I don't like hybe anyways, min heejin supremacy :dancer-pepe:

• thebadguy

Changed the title of the thread from “Newjeans don't identity hybe as their company” to “Newjeans don't identify hybe as their company”.
  • It is correct.

They are independent of HYBE, when they get paid it'll be paid by Ador. When they go to work, they will be going to the Ador building and not the Hybe building. When Lesserafim goes to work they will be going to the Source Music headquarters which is in a completely different location.

Same reasoning as when we say IVE is under Starship, Aespa is under SM or IU is under EDAM. We don't say they are under Kakao. Even though they are owned by Kakao.

Ador, Source Music and Pledis are all separate companies with completely different management and staff. They are not even 100% owned by HYBE, they just own a controlling stake.

Minji when she signed the contract. It will have been signed with ADOR and not with HYBE. In her daily life she will barely ever see any hybe branding or staff. She'll be interacting with ador wherever she goes. Even Lesserafim in most of their clips online. They actually thank source music and not hybe when they receive prizes and stuff.

Edited 3 times, last by L0ok ().

• opposite. newjeans comes from a label that was started in hybe with one of top 3 executives in min heejin as head unlike source music and pledis which were acquired. fans don't understand simple things like this and why bighit and ador will get better treatment over other sublabels.

In ADOR's case, Hybe was responsible for the initial startup capital (they quickly got out of the red and became profitable). It's very much run as an independent label:

MHJ: "When I launched ADOR under HYBE, I strongly argued for a complete “lack of interference on creativity and our independent operations”. And as such, HYBE has no say or relation to how ADOR operates and runs production." -Cine21

• opposite. newjeans comes from a label that was started in hybe with one of top 3 executives in min heejin as head unlike source music and pledis which were acquired. fans don't understand simple things like this and why bighit and ador will get better treatment over other sublabels.

But how does their statement in the OP lead you to surmise this...is it because you think Newjeans can say this and get away with it unlike others- LSFM and Fromis19- who seek Hybe validation?

• Whuttt...they all work in the Hybe building :S

• New Jeans are HYBE haters just like the rest of us

True ^^ Maybe that's why Hybe is more happy that Le Sserafim is successful, I think. Ador is an independent company affiliated with Hybe. In other words, they state that Hybe had no contribution to their success. It probably has no contribution other than providing capital. I think from that perspective they should have said both. But if Ador has already paid off its initial capital debt, it makes sense for them to insist on being independent. And so it's no surprise that they're more loyal to Ador. :/ I don't think they gave that much capital to the group, also because the concepts are very simple and their MVs are not expensive apart from looking artistic. They even threw music directly into their promos to cut costs rather than strategy. They may have gotten Spotify streams, but the money spent on it may have been less costly than we thought.

• This comparison isn’t the same at all, adore is company created in hybe it’s the only company that wasn’t acquired by them but born out of hybe, if for example Seventeen say that that they’re a pledis groups it would make sense cuz their company exited before hybe and they made their debut under pledis before the hybe buy out also, Starship,Sm etc… are companies that still operate separately they only sold part of their shares to Kakao for example you would never see an Sm trainee be transferred to Straship or Higherup because these companies are separate.

To resume the Hybe system isn’t the same as the Kakako system so the comparison doesn’t make sense

• True ^^ Maybe that's why Hybe is more happy that Le Sserafim is successful, I think.

I do wonder about Bang PD's involvement with LSF. He probably helped get the Niles Rodgers collab for Unforgiven:

And Chaewon is on a first name basis with him ^^

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BangPD might have served as an A&R for this collab just like with other artists under HYBE.

• interesting

I don't think this is a big issue but like all conglomerates if even one day hybe decided that they didn't like the direction ador was going all they have to do is call a shareholders meeting and change the direction of the company

Depends on the legal structure. The governing agreements between the parent company and the subsidiary, such as shareholder agreements or operating agreements, can include clauses to specify the level of autonomy the subsidiary has, which was probably what MHJ was refering to in her statement.

ADOR would have to be in pretty bad shape for fiduciary justification to get parties together to renegotiate and amend the agreements.

• Depends on the legal structure. The governing agreements between the parent company and the subsidiary, such as shareholder agreements or operating agreements, can include clauses to specify the level of autonomy the subsidiary has, which was probably what MHJ was refering to in her statement.

ADOR would have to be in pretty bad shape for fiduciary justification to get parties together to renegotiate and amend the agreements.

all of that is true and most likely something we will never know...

sorry can you specify what MHJ was referring to in her statement?

all it takes is one bad or accidental "scandal" for a company to be in pretty bad shape...

• all of that is true and most likely something we will never know...

sorry can you specify what MHJ was referring to in her statement?

all it takes is one bad or accidental "scandal" for a company to be in pretty bad shape...

"When I launched ADOR under HYBE, I strongly argued for a complete “lack of interference on creativity and our independent operations”. And as such, HYBE has no say or relation to how ADOR operates and runs production." It was from an interview she gave to Cine21, refering to the possible clauses she wanted included in the agreements/corporate bylaws.

• "When I launched ADOR under HYBE, I strongly argued for a complete “lack of interference on creativity and our independent operations”. And as such, HYBE has no say or relation to how ADOR operates and runs production." It was from an interview she gave to Cine21, refering to the possible clauses she wanted included in the agreements/corporate bylaws.

interesting

cheers mate

• True ^^ Maybe that's why Hybe is more happy that Le Sserafim is successful, I think. Ador is an independent company affiliated with Hybe. In other words, they state that Hybe had no contribution to their success. It probably has no contribution other than providing capital. I think from that perspective they should have said both. But if Ador has already paid off its initial capital debt, it makes sense for them to insist on being independent. And so it's no surprise that they're more loyal to Ador. :/ I don't think they gave that much capital to the group, also because the concepts are very simple and their MVs are not expensive apart from looking artistic. They even threw music directly into their promos to cut costs rather than strategy. They may have gotten Spotify streams, but the money spent on it may have been less costly than we thought.

it's kinda wrong to say that ador is is independent company affiliated with hybe

It's subsidary like other companies .Hybe owned 100 % of shares but reduced its position in Ador from 100% to 80% in May. They sold 20% to core management . Bang pd / Hybe is more involved in Lsf music direction bcs he is bestie with source Ceo. They managed Glam together before

F3KmcbSb0AA8doC?format=jpg&name=large

• True ^^ Maybe that's why Hybe is more happy that Le Sserafim is successful, I think. Ador is an independent company affiliated with Hybe. In other words, they state that Hybe had no contribution to their success. It probably has no contribution other than providing capital. I think from that perspective they should have said both. But if Ador has already paid off its initial capital debt, it makes sense for them to insist on being independent. And so it's no surprise that they're more loyal to Ador. :/ I don't think they gave that much capital to the group, also because the concepts are very simple and their MVs are not expensive apart from looking artistic. They even threw music directly into their promos to cut costs rather than strategy. They may have gotten Spotify streams, but the money spent on it may have been less costly than we thought.

I think MHJ has clarified it before as well that hybe was against the idea of newjeans and they've contributed nothing to the success except investment.

• it's kinda wrong to say that ador is is independent company affiliated with hybe

It's subsidary like other companies .Hybe owned 100 % of shares but reduced its position in Ador from 100% to 80% in May. They sold 20% to core management . Bang pd / Hybe is more involved in Lsf music direction bcs he is bestie with source Ceo. They managed Glam together before

F3KmcbSb0AA8doC?format=jpg&name=large

Exactly.

Some folks on here be thinking that MHJ is the sole owner of Ador. Like wut? She has shares just like all top tier execs do. That's it. She is allowed to run as independent as she wants THROUGH THE LARGESSE OF BANG PD AND HYBE BOARD. Every single cent she spends and every single cent she earns is reported by Hybe in HYBE'S OWN FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. Ador doesn't have its own official income and balance statements because it's NOT A SEPARATE CORPORATE ENTITY. Ador stock literally doesnt exist, everything is under ticker symbol HYBE.

If she were the sole owner and decisionmaker for Ador, she could legally take all of NJ's profits and go to Vegas and blow it all on craps and poker and be answerable to no one. But do folks think that if MHJ went crazy like this, that BangPD and Hybe would be powerless to do anything about it? That she would still even have a job the next day? It's insane lol.

• Since HYBE controls 80% of the shares, Ador will never be independent. All labels are held by HYBE as the parent company of the labels and businesses it hosts. HYBE is a corporation, and it’s appropriate for the artists to identify the labels they are under, such as NJ’s Ador, Enhypen or Illit Belift, TXT Bighit Music, and so on. I think it’s better to keep this practice for artists. The artists always mention a “thank you” note to HYBE beside their labels when winning major awards, which should be enough for shareholders.

:thinkerpepe: :pepepizza:

• Whuttt...they all work in the Hybe building :S

Check google maps. They have different locations.

But obviously some facilities will be shared for training etc.

Big hit and hybe is in the same building. But that is because hybe was originally big hit until they expanded.

• Some folks on here be thinking that MHJ is the sole owner of Ador. Like wut? She has shares just like all top tier execs do. That's it. She is allowed to run as independent as she wants THROUGH THE LARGESSE OF BANG PD AND HYBE BOARD. Every single cent she spends and every single cent she earns is reported by Hybe in HYBE'S OWN FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. Ador doesn't have its own official income and balance statements because it's NOT A SEPARATE CORPORATE ENTITY. Ador stock literally doesnt exist, everything is under ticker symbol HYBE.

It says subsidiary right there, that means its a separate company. It is a private company so there wouldn't be a separate stock ticker, whereas HYBE is a public company so it'll have its own stock ticker. If Ador goes public then it'll have its own stock ticker.

Of course Ador will have its own P+L and balance sheet, how else will they manage its finances.

The reason why Ador's valuable its because it is controlled by MHJ. There is no reason for HYBE to influence it as it will drop in value the moment it does. It will no longer be known as a company controlled by MHJ.

Also HYBE wouldn't be able to control it directly. What they can do is kick out the CEO/ directors and put in a new one. But the CRO/director will always be the one that controls the day to day tasks and will be independent from the other entities.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Edited once, last by L0ok ().

• HYBE OWNS 80 PERCENT OF ITS OWNERSHIP INTEREST. The day to day tasks, creative control, etc is controlled by MHJ ONLY BECAUSE HYBE ALLOWS IT. BangPD could literally fire her AT ANY TIME.

Ador for sure has folks accounting for its profits, losses, etc. But EVERY SINGLE PENNY IS ACCOUNTED FOR UNDER HYBE's FINANCIAL STATEMENTS.

• This thread contains 23 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!