NEXZ (JYPE's 1st Japanese BG) Has Been Decided

• Hasn't aired on YouTube yet, but it's already out in Japan. Congratulations Tomoya, Haru, Yuuki, So Ken, Yuu, Yuuhi, and Seita on your debut!!!

I'm really surprised Eiji, Sean, and Sodai did not make the final groups. Gonna be honest. I'm still bitter about Sodai, but Haru and Yuu made it...so, I'm somewhat satisfied! Eiji and Sean were like the most popular pre-debut members, so I find it SO surprising that neither of them made it.

GBWZUf6asAAnU2t?format=jpg&name=4096x4096GBWj70XaAAA93nO?format=jpg&name=large

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• I like this lineup. Visually they look good. And they have a lot of hype from Yahoo Japan, model press and girls channel all trending topics. I’m excited for their future promos. I wonder if JYP will push them in Korea early than compared to NiziU.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I like this lineup. Visually they look good. And they have a lot of hype from Yahoo Japan, model press and girls channel all trending topics. I’m excited for their future promos. I wonder if JYP will push them in Korea early than compared to NiziU.

I'm interested what the reception will be in comparison to NiziU in Japan.

NiziU were huge right out the gate with "Make You Happy", which went viral. NiziU had the buzz of being JYPE's 1st Japanese group, Twice's little sister group, and the hype of Nizi Project 1. Since this group lacks the 1st two things, I wonder if their debut will be as big, or will they be a slow burn group that slowly grows?

TBH, I don't really see the benefit to NiziU or NEXZ promoting in Korea. Korea does not seem that interested in them at all. NiziU got great views on their performances, but...did they really get a significant amount of fans from it? I don't know. I also don't see the benefit of any Korean group outside of Twice and Stray Kids promoting in Japan. The Japanese GP does not seem that interested in ITZY or NMIXX, and I think Stray Kids has the benefit of having 3racha when it comes to Japan.

So, yeah, I basically feel like Japanese groups and Korean groups should just focus on their own countries until they have organic momentum like TT, Love Dive, or Ditto.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I don’t think they will do better than NiziU but I’m pretty sure they will do better than &Team, JO1, INI and BE:FIRST.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I don’t think they will do better than NiziU but I’m pretty sure they will do better than &Team, JO1, INI and BE:FIRST.

Lolll better then JO1

I had to laugh

Since debuting with the single Protostar on March 4, 2020, JO1 has achieved seven consecutive Oricon number-one singles as well as six number-one songs and two consecutive number-one albums on the Billboard Japan Hot charts. Among the group's accolades are one Japan Gold Disc Award, one Japan Record Award, three MAMA Awards, and three MTV Video Music Awards Japan.

Won 10/16 awards they were nominated for shortlisted on two 3rd place on one. As of November 2023.

Sales summary

If you really think they could outshine any of the groups but not become as successfull as NiziU than you got your facts wrong

INI, JO1 and BE:FIRST won multiple awards and charted extremly well in Japan. INI and JO1 also won multiple awards in Korea and BE:FIRST even won an award in Europe.

Also to beat groups like INI, they need to debut with an album or single that sells around 600K or more since INI's debut single sold over 500K times in Japan. And that's even way more than the highest sold album of NiziU since they didn't sold over 500K on any of their albums yet. Even JO1 has 1 release that sold better than NiziU.

Plus they need to get hyped to a level where they can outshine everyone of these 3 named artists, which I doubt will happen.

And to make it clear, all the artists you named are in the top100 of the most famous artists in Japan of 2023 (first half, results for the 2nd half arn't published yet). BE:FIRST is on #31, INI is on #34 &TEAM is on #63 and JO1 on #76 and NiziU is even lesser ranked than the first 2 artists by being #41

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Oh shit, I wanna see this list!

What group was number 1?

Japan has so many groups I have never heard of, so it's always interesting to see what popping over there.

• What group was number 1?

#1 is not a group, it's a band, Higedan (or full Official HIGE DANdism, which translates to "Official bearded men club" despite that non of the members has a beard)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

#2 is Vaundy and he is also no group, also massive for him to be the 2nd placed at his age (he is 23 years old)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

#3 is the band back number

#4 is the duo YOASOBI (Also impressive since Ikuta is 23 years old, the other member Ayase who produces is 29)

#5 is Ado (Also quit impressive, since she is just 21 years old)

#6 is another band, Mrs. GREEN APPLE (And before you ask about the name, they used to have a female drummer but she left the band in 2022)

#7 is Yuuri, a vocalist (funfact: he produced a Japanese song of TXT)

#8 is King&Prince. They do and do not count as first group in the list. Reason is clear, they debuted with 6 member but lost 4 members and work as duo since 2023 cause of this

#9 is the boygroup Snow Man (makes sense as being the best selling boygroup of Japan at the moment. I mean they debuted in 2020 and sold around 13 million CDs by now)

And since a top 10 would be empty without the 10th place ~

#10 Kenshi Yonezu, one of the most famous vocalists Japan ever had

• Thanks for this! I know a lot of people on this list actually.

I know Vaundy, Yoasobi, Mrs. Green Apple, King&Prince, Snow Man, and Kenshi Yonezu!

Most of these people I know because of anime. I'm honestly surprised about Vaundy being #2. I had not idea he was that big right now. After Idol, I expected Yoasobi to be ahead of him. Also, King&Prince lost 4 members!? Damn!

It seems Japan prefers soloists and bands, which I guess makes sense. Did King Gnu and Fujii Kaze make the list?

• Also, King&Prince lost 4 members!? Damn!

IDK who left them a few years back but this year first Sho Hirano left them (Funfact: Sho's younger brother Riku is debuting as soloist this year) and later on two dudes called Yuta left the group. They all joined TOBE, a new company by a former Johnny's (now called STARTO) manager and producer called Takizawa Hideaki (he allready debuted a soloist and a boygroup. The soloist is a former V6 member called Ken Miyake and the group used to be trainees under Johnny's called IMPACTors but due to legal reasons had to rename themself into IMP. when debuting under TOBE). The members who left King&Prince are going to re-debut under TOBE next year with the new group name Number_i

Quote from keyboardwarrior7

It seems Japan prefers soloists and bands, which I guess makes sense. Did King Gnu and Fujii Kaze make the list?

To give you a full list behind the top10

#11 NewJeans (Korean girlgroup)

#12 Aimyon (female vocalist)

#13 Saucy Dog (male band)

#14 SEVENTEEN (Korean boygroup)

#15 Yuuki Tanaki (male vocalist)

#16 Stray Kids (Korean boygroup)

#17 Macaroni Empitsu (male band)

#18 Kessuko Band (male band)

#19 TWICE (Korean girlgroup)

#20 King Gnu (male band)

#21 LE SSERAFIM (Korean girlgroup)

#22 SixTONES (boygroup)

#23 Fujii Kaze (male vocalist)

#24 Spitz (male band)

#25 10-Feet (male band)

#26 Natori (male singer)

#27 SEKAI NO OWARI (CO-ED band)

#28 IVE (Korean girlgroup)

#29 BTS (Korean boygroup)

#30 Aimer (female vocalist)

#31 BE:FIRST (Japanese boygroup)

#32 Yoroushika (CO-ED band)

#33 Da-iCE (boygroup)

#34 INI (boygroup)

#35 Utada Hikaru (non-binary, but female born, vocalist)

#36 RADWIMPS (male band)

#37 Novelbright (male band)

#38 MAISONdes (girlgroup)

#39 8LOOM (fictional and allready disolved boygroup, was only active to promote a Jdrama they acted in)

#40 BUMP OF CHICKEN (male band)

#41 yama (female vocalist)

#42 NiziU (girlgroup)

#43 Masaki Suda (male soloist and actor)

#44 HoneyWorks (male band)

#45 Nogizaka46 (girlgroup)

#46 Jimin (member of BTS)

#47 Ryokuoushoku Shakai (CO-ED band)

#48 Mukade & Inman (seems to be a male rap duo, but no idea since there is barly info on google)

#49 Uru (female vocalist)

#50 yangskinny (male band)

#51 Naniwa Danshi (boygroup)

#52 HIRAIDAI (male vocalist)

#53 YU-KA (female vocalist)

#54 Kanaria (seems to be vocaloid)

#55 TXT (Korean boygroup)

#56 TREASURE (Korean boygroup)

#57 ZUTOMAYO (CO-ED band)

#58 WEST (boygroup, formerly know as Johnny's WEST)

#59 MAN WITH A MISSION (male band)

#60 ano (female vocalist)

#61 Misia (female vocalist)

#62 wacci (male band)

#63 &TEAM (boygroup)

#64 DiSH// (male band)

#65 EVE (male vocalist)

#66 Keisuke Kuwata (male vocalist)

#67 Lilas Ikuta (member of YOASOBI)

#68 LiSA (female vocalist)

#69 Atarashii Gakko! (girlgroup)

#70 Wednesday Campanella (CO-ED band)

#71 NCT DREAM (Korean boygroup)

#72 August D (member of BTS)

#73 THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE (boygroup)

#74 [Alexandros] (male band)

#75 Sheena Ringo (female vocalist)

#76 JO1 (boygroup)

#77 Miyuki Nakajima (female vocalist)

#78 Porono Graffitti (male band)

#79 ENHYPEN (Korean boygroup)

#80 ATEEZ (Korean boygroup)

#81 aiko (female vocalist)

#82 Strawberry Prince (I couldn't find much info other than a video game)

#83 Kyanai (male vocalist)

#84 Ed Sheeran (British vocalist)

#85 XG (girlgroup)

#86 BLACKPINK (Korean girlgroup)

#87 Milet (female vocalist)

#88 NMB48 (girlgroup)

#89 ONE OK ROCK (male band)

#90 Remioromen (male vocalist)

#91 Shota Shimizu (mae vocaist)

#92 Chanmina (female vocalist and rapper)

#93 Superfly (female vocalist)

#94 Takaya Kawasaki (male vocalist)

#95 GReeeeN (male band)

#96 PEOPLE 1 (male band)

#97 BSS (member of SEVENTEEN)

#98 Yumi Matsutoya (female vocalist)

#99 Mr.Children (male band)

#100 AKB48 (girlgroup)

• Wow, thanks for this! Seems like it was a lot of work to gather this list, so I appreciate it.

Several things surprise me about this list.

New Jeans above both Twice and Seventeen surprises the HELL out of me. They must have had one hell of a year with Hype Boy and Ditto. The fact Utada Hikaru is now non-binary. Did not know that!

Also, the fact Jimin is on this list but not Jungkook. Surprised he's so popular in Japan.

And AKB is #100!? That's crazy. I guess they really are passed their prime.

Edit: Another crazy thing, Imase is more popular in Korea than Japan!?!

• Also, the fact Jimin is on this list but not Jungkook. Surprised he's so popular in Japan.

Well he got most of his songs in the 2nd half of 2023 and that list isn't even out yet to see if he is now on the Top100 or not. We most likly need to wait till January to see that list comming out

• Their visuals are nice. But nobody really sticks out to me rn.

I personally recommend Yuu and Haru. :pepe-notes:

Both extremely talented and good looking. If you check out anything from this show, I recommend checking out Yuu's Girls Girls Girls performance. He killed that shit.

• IDK who left them a few years back but this year first Sho Hirano left them (Funfact: Sho's younger brother Riku is debuting as soloist this year) and later on two dudes called Yuta left the group. They all joined TOBE, a new company by a former Johnny's (now called STARTO) manager and producer called Takizawa Hideaki (he allready debuted a soloist and a boygroup. The soloist is a former V6 member called Ken Miyake and the group used to be trainees under Johnny's called IMPACTors but due to legal reasons had to rename themself into IMP. when debuting under TOBE). The members who left King&Prince are going to re-debut under TOBE next year with the new group name Number_i

To give you a full list behind the top10

#11 NewJeans (Korean girlgroup)

#12 Aimyon (female vocalist)

And this chart is from??? Without specific source work your list is worthless.

You never specified if this was a mid year chart from Oricon.

Snapshot of one week on Billboard etc..., Streaming from Apple or whatever

Far as I can tell this is from you using a random position generator.

For example

Oricon Mid year 2023 results for Artists is follows

1. King & Prince
    2. Snow Man
    3. SixTONES
    4. Stray Kids
    5. back number
    6. SEVENTEEN
    7. Naniwa Danshi
    8. Nogizaka46
    9. INI
    10. Official HIGE DANdism

So... Where did you get your data and what was the time frame?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!