What was Izone's ceiling if they were a permanent group and never disbanded?

• Want a real answers? The real answers is we will never know.

It's a Schrodinger's cat situation. And we will only know only when it was happened. Even everyone predicting shit and stuffs based on charts, still means nothing if it never happened.

I mean, look at gidle. Who predicted that I NEVER DIE will be their massive hit? Or who predicted about the 2023 situation of the 4th gen leader, itzy? Both had local and international fandom but things went differently.That's because many only predicting using the result, but not factoring the causals too. The things that make that results. (Since numbers and statistics are a "fact" right ;-) )

Results only tell a little story of "how they become" because mostly it's just an aggregation.

(Also it can't be helped that most of akp users talking about stats only seeing them as it is, only as data and nothing more. Only a few that goes further digging on the real value of it. Kudos to one of them, wsoet)

Oh btw the imaginary answers would be:

They will achieve 2 or 3 million sales. Why? It's because the rivalry nature that residing within their fandom. On their 3rd or 4th year, I think there will be a friction between sakura stans and wonyoung stans. Sakura stans might want to prove that Sakura is deserving the center position and how they will prove that? They will bulk buy Sakura's version the most. Seeing that, Wonyoung stans would be triggered and they will also bulk buying, trying to widen the gap and showing that "this is the power of the number 1". Those 2 stans alone will bump up the sales number, and there are still minju biased and chaewon biased ones...

How about the chartings? They will make it.

(Even if they don't, then they will go down the bg's path and that means money secured)

Edited 2 times, last by desdesdes ().

• Sales wise, they will not able to sell 1 million in one day like many top gg now. Discography wise, their songs are not as memorable as Ive and Lsf.

Honestly, they will casually losing their hype in Korea but still doing well in Japan. They're not big globally so this might give them some problems too.

Members wise, Wy wouldn't not be as popular as today and Chaewon will not be known outside of Izone fanbase. The Jline will be treated like a stepdaughter as usual with less opportunity in their hand.

• I believe they would not be as popular as the big groups now.

I'd put them somewhere under LSF, Aespa, Gidle and above StayC.

Why?

• Their growth and hype had already plateaued
    • The rigging scandal would have dogged them forever
    • Their concept was always the same, and while popular, they didn't move the needle like the newer groups have done
    • Some of the members weren't given the opportunity to shine like they currently do. Chaewon and Yujin primarily.
  • Its because all their songs were crap, and I'm saying this as a fan. Kep1er has had better songs compared to Izone, yet Izone did better than Kep1er.

Also Izone's management agency, Off The Record, was mid too. Any promos the members got, they either got it through their own network or their company, such as Starship, got it for them.

• Wa Da Da is infinitely better than any of Izone's songs. Even Galileo which I would rate at 5 out of 10 (i.e. never listen to again if not a fan) is better than most of Izone's songs.

They didn't give the Izone much to work with, yet they did extremely well in spite of this.

• Its because all their songs were crap, and I'm saying this as a fan. Kep1er has had better songs compared to Izone, yet Izone did better than Kep1er.

Also Izone's management agency, Off The Record, was mid too. Any promos the members got, they either got it through their own network or their company, such as Starship, got it for them.

if you’re not a fan of their music, what made you a fan of them then?

• Wa Da Da is infinitely better than any of Izone's songs. Even Galileo which I would rate at 5 out of 10 (i.e. never listen to again if not a fan) is better than most of Izone's songs.

They didn't give the Izone much to work with, yet they did extremely well in spite of this.

For the first time, I agree with your opinion. Outside of SSOTS, I don't think I can recall any of Izone songs or remember any of their lyrics. It's just not memorable and catchy enough. But I can easily singing along to the chorus of Kep1er's songs like Wadada, UP, Giddy, Galileo and even We Fresh while only heard them for less than 3 times in tiktok.

Izone concept was beautiful but that's it. Their songs was not enough to compete with current top gg if they still exist today. They perhaps will be just like Itzy today. Their disbandment was such a huge blessing for kpop because we have Ive and Lsf now with good set of discography.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!