If BLACKPINK disbands, who occupies the girl group throne next?

• Who will reign as the undisputed Queens of K-Pop if BLACKPINK disbands? 109

1. NewJeans (63) 58%
    2. Twice (22) 20%
    3. IVE (7) 6%
    4. Babymonster (6) 6%
    5. LE SSERAFIM (2) 2%
    6. aespa (1) 1%
    7. (G)I-DLE (1) 1%
    8. Other (7) 6%

Choose wisely :eyes:

Everyone knows who I pick, and I think it would happen even without disbandment, but that's not the point of the thread

• NJ seems to be next in line.

IVE will challenge, but I don't think starship has what it takes to put them on top.

Then there is the YG replacement group, they will debut with hype and YG seems to know what he is doing now.

• :pepe-toast:

They deserve it. That's for sure.

I feel like Babymonster has actually lost some hype. When you form a group through a survival program, it's an odd strategy to just go completely radio silent instead of, y'know, debuting them

• Its Twice.

They are already doing many huge concerts, and possibly already had more total concert attendees in the last 12 months than BP.

4th gen are still one to three years away from doing many huge concerts.

• Its Twice.

They are already doing many huge concerts, and possibly already had more total concert attendees in the last 12 months than BP.

4th gen are still one to three years away from doing many huge concerts.

I'm pretty sure NJ could do a huge tour in the U.S. today if they wanted to. The demand is there.

Literally the biggest barrier to that is their discography is too small for a full concert ;(

They performed all their songs but Zero at lolla and it was a 45 minute set.

• I'm pretty sure NJ could do a huge tour in the U.S. today if they wanted to. The demand is there.

Literally the biggest barrier to that is their discography is too small for a full concert ;(

They performed all their songs but Zero at lolla and it was a 45 minute set.

Yeap, if TWICE can do it anybody can.......

• Loossemble!

Now stream Sensitive

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Limelight! They have had three back to back hits :pepemusic:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think in terms of popularity/dominance its NJ.

If you view BlackPink and Twice through the lens of the past they are kind of mirroring Destiny’s Child and The Spice Girls respectively.

The Spice Girls to this day will sell out any tour they go on because they are iconic and forever will be. Twice is just like this. But no one is going to either of their concerts for recently captured fans via new singles.

Destiny’s Child however started to disintegrate at its peak and spawned separate stars.

Obviously they are different people in different places in time so there are differences, but i do think that Twice is past their peak which is okay. Theyre like vegas residency famous now

• Lord, TWICE is now a Vegas act.......lol. They've gone through so many iterations. National Girl Group to Local Group to Japan only Group now Vegas baby! I hope they get a gig at a cool hotel. Be awesome to hit the buffet right after a 4:30 show with time to squeeze in some time on the shuffleboard courts before hitting the sack at 9pm.

• Lord, TWICE is now a Vegas act.......lol. They've gone through so many iterations. National Girl Group to Local Group to Japan only Group now Vegas baby! I hope they get a gig at a cool hotel. Be awesome to hit the buffet right after a 4:30 show with time to squeeze in some time on the shuffleboard courts before hitting the sack at 9pm.

They’ll say anything. It helps them cope with reality. ^^

The throne was never abdicated, BP or no BP.

• They’ll say anything. It helps them cope with reality. ^^

The throne was never abdicated, BP or no BP.

It has been in Korea. An usurp happened in the summer of 2022 and not a group can compete.

Of course, I'm talking about the world stage now, and I'll still (a bit begrudgingly) acknowledge it's BP's throne currently.

For now :evil:

Also BlackpinkHouse

Ayo? Where you at?

I expected you to be in here bragging about the future kings of K-Pop and their peak ULs by now

• No shit, claiming a group that hasn't had ONE fucking concert on their own can tour like TWICE. All credibility is gone.

You seem upset.

Maybe if you stopped foaming at the mouth in a blind rage because of a perceived slight against your favorite group, you could be a little more rational in your response.

I never said a NewJeans tour could pull numbers like Twice today. I said NewJeans could tour in the US. Again, less HULK SMASH energy would've allowed you to identify the nuance of the statement.

You inferred a whole lot of extra, imaginary affronts to the prestige and dignity of Twice for no reason.

NewJeans had the best selling album in the country just a month ago, and their first U.S. performance was literally packed shoulder to shoulder for as far as the eyes can see (I should know--my shoulders were there) in a crowd of over 70,000 people.

They've put 5 songs on our Billboard in one year (first to ever do it), and Super Shy will only be out longevitied by Cupid.

At lollapalooza, the line to play a damn NewJeans crane game and put together a Spotify list was longer than all the merch lines for all the other artists combined.

Yeah.

I think they could tour here.

Which is all I ever said.

But so long my credibility, I guess.

• It did take BP and Twice a few US tours before they could start pulling NFL/MLB stadium shows.

I am sure any GG will have to start with small venues, then move up to NBA type venues for their 2nd or 3rd tour.

And who knows, maybe a 4th Gen GG can do a few NFL stadium shows in the future.

• It's obviously New Jeans.

They are the most relevant group right now, and have all the stats to back it up.

Twice have a huge fandom and can coast off this for the rest of their lives while touring, but that's a testament to their lengthy success over their career rather than their current relevance.

You have a very interesting definition of relevance. Apparently it doesn’t include having fans, particularly ones who will fill stadiums the world over to watch you perform. Because everyone in Kpop has that, right? No big deal.

• You have a very interesting definition of relevance. Apparently it doesn’t include having fans, particularly ones who will fill stadiums the world over to watch you perform. Because everyone in Kpop has that, right? No big deal.

Not sure why you're so upset over a random forum user's take.

Cherry picking and comparing touring stats of an 8 year old group vs a 1 year old group is pointless when one of them has had so much more time to build a larger fandom.

The way I see relevance is

(fandom___) + (public__________) = New Jeans relevance

vs

(fandom____________) +(pub) = Twice relevance

Judging by the poll and everything other than touring it's clear that more people are listing to New Jeans now.

• Did BlackPink and Twice get named Queens of kpop over stadium tours in the US? Did i miss that part of the timeline? Or was it their track record of hit after hit single??? Idk are we moving the goal post??

Its okay give it a year and BlackPink won’t have a group to have arenas filled for anyways.

Enjoy the Jennie Kim tour yall! I’m sure it’ll be a blast :pepe-flirt:

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Being a legacy act is all some have left.

Some fans honestly think these big tours are not the result of a career but current popularity.

I’m sure they were still putting TVXQ above EXO at their peak in popularity in 2017/18 because of that sweet tour attendance :pepe-sad:

• I think Aespa seems to be the most popular in terms of tour capacity. As far as I can see, their Core fandom is very big. Le Sserafim and Itzy were following in terms of tour capacity.

External Content twitter.com

• There’s nothing pointless or irrelevant about Twice’s proven ability to tour bigger than nearly anyone else in the Kpop industry. What’s pointless is comparing two groups and then conveniently ignoring anything that doesn’t fit your narrative by using the excuse that one group is older than the other. If you think it’s such an unfair comparison, don’t make it. But you can’t compare the two only up to the point where it becomes bad for your narrative. Everything is fair game.

• This thread contains 66 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!