Why Mamamoo's "sister group" Purple Kiss didn't do better?

• It seems like being Mamamoo's sister group wasn't enough to make them stand out from the competition

Sales aren't that great

MV views are very low

International hype is almost non existent

I was hoping they would do better after all that pre debut material, but it doesn't look like it

Don't get me wrong, they actually impressed me a lot considering I didn't care about them at all initially. But still, I'm actually a little bit salty about the fact that they got BY FAR better music than Mamamoo on their last album which was kind of a mess

Anyways, is it too soon to tell they didn't meet expectations?

• lmao it's way too early to have this discussion

I mean, sure, but rookies coming from the same company of top girl groups usually do better than the average. PK isn't doing better than Stayc, a group that literally came out of nowhere

• Official Post

Too soon to tell, it's been like what...a day?

But I remember them having lots of initial hype, I assume Swan's hiatus and the long break between their last pre-debut teaser and My Heart Skips A Beat killed off much of the hype they initially had.

Give them a year or so and then we'll come back to this discussion. Many non-big 3 gen groups take time to grow and don't come out of the gate swinging. StayC are probably the only outlier.

• few things you should consider

Hwasa sold something about 50k in 1st week of "Maria" and it was hella anticipated

Purple KISS already sold 9k in 3 days. I know that kpop grow but honestly if we think that APink's little sisters are doin same numbers now with 2nd comeback, and for Purple K!SS it's just debut then in my opinion it's successful one.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just because their Mamamoo sister group doesn’t mean their fanbase should support them. The “push” is way different to say TWICE with ITZY & Niziu And BTS with TXT & Enphyen.

Mamamoo and RBW haven’t established themselves as a brand like the big 3 and Big Hit where the GP will listen and fans will stan them just cause. There’s levels to this lol.

But Purple Kiss though is honestly doing a lot better than most nugu groups debuting today without a backing or a senior group like Mamamoo.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I mean, sure, but rookies coming from the same company of top girl groups usually do better than the average. PK isn't doing better than Stayc, a group that literally came out of nowhere

StayC got a lot of fame thanks to Black Eyed Pilseung working with Refund Sisters...

when producer appear in tv show with Yoo Jaesuk, Lee Hyori, Hwasa, Jessi, and Uhm Jung Hwa, and then news pop up that you are debuting your own group it's obvious that people will be interested.

I also need to say this... I know that Mamamoo members have personal IG accounts, not shaming girls, not saying a bad word. Just saying that someone from RBW should approach girls to post Purple K!SS melon or youtube screenshot... wouldn't hurt anyone, but will help for sure for Purple K!SS to get more attention.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Official Post

What does them being sister group to Mamamoo have to do with anything? I usually check out most new releases regardless of what company their in, but I've been "oh I'm gonna stan that group and buy their stuff" just because they're in the same company as another group I like.

• You should know as a moomoo that RBW has 0 pull in the industry and that Mamamoos success is an exception not easily replicated. Mamamoo didnt even get attention until after their debut so I didnt expect Purple Kiss to have a smash hit debut since they get none of that big4 debut attention. They had no expectations to meet and the fact that they already sold over 7k first day is very impressive for a group in their position.

Your last comments clearly show you are just a bitter Moomoo trying to start sh*t with a related group that just debuted, how sad.

• I'm of the ones that like the Travel album. But even if it's not as impressive, Mamamoo has had 6 years to build their popularity, so of course they will do much better. The first 3 Mamamoo albums also had low sales.

It's very hard from a rookie group to do well, unless it's from a TV show or from the Big4. Black Mamba only pulled 20M views in 24h because they're from SM. But they didn't do as good as RV is doing now. Why would Purple Kiss do as good as Mamamoo is doing rn? RBW doesn't have a big name, most people don't even know they're Mamamoo's company.

After they starting promoting in Music Shows they may start to build up their popularity as more and more people get to hear their songs.

• RBW did almost everything right except choosing the "debut" TT.

Ponzona(still think they should have gone with Skip Skip) is great but it seems as with Enhypen (I consider it to be the best rookie debut last year but fell short for a debut TT to capture as much of the audience as possible imo) they didn't do their research on the 4th gen groups so far that has seen some form of success, all of them came out with a song that easily catches the audience no matter if you consider it great or decent (La ta ta, Bon bon chocolat, So bad, Boy, Tag Me, Who dis? and Black mamba) Or was unique but absolutely stood out like Iz*One's La vie en rose or TxT's Crown or Itzy's Dalla Dalla.

Also no matter how much we keep saying "debut" that isn't technically true. They still released 2 original songs with MVs(that were included in their mini) so in some way they already debuted back in December only difference is they'll get to promote this time around.

With their promotions kicking off today hopefully they see success cause I'm really rooting for them a lot. Also you can't expect Mamamoo fans to support them financially except maybe stream and I think so far they are doing okay for a mid tier company like RBW, their MV views will likely surpass Tri.be(I think they have the most views for a debut this year) by the weekend or next week with 2 mvs previously released and about to get 10k sales for their debut mini.

• imo,

RBW already teased PK 2 years way back. The results? Their youtube views still not good, still not able to collect decent fanbase, and the debut hype is low compare to weeekly/stayc that came from same company size. Why the RBW management didn't notice and fixed the problem??

I actually agree with Solar objective criticism on "Boss in the mirror". I don't see how PK is different from other groups. To be notice in mid-small agency, you need to have unique identity which I haven't see in PK. Their musical genre similar with typical girl crush nowadays.

I only like the rapper and the main vocal. The rest? hmm so-so

• RBW is not a big company. unlike other big companies, they don't really have a mass "company stans".

Before PK, there are oneus and onewe which also not got that " expectation". Oneus is starting doing better 2 years after debut, and it's make me sad they chose wrong date for their "no diggity" comeback.

Onewe is still underground and no where to be found :pepe-back-away: .

Compare to onewe and oneus'debut, PK is actually do good tho.

About stayC, they have the hype and the visuals and use it wisely. PK is kinda lost their momentum because of too long and undefinite time of their debut.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!