Treasure’s comeback might be the biggest debut for a kpop group on the Billboard 200. Here’s why:

• YG Entertainment K-pop boy band TREASURE posing in photoshoot concept photo OT10

Last year, the next BIGBANG recorded 700k copies for the pre-order their album, which 20% came from the US alone, so at least 140k just from the states with only 3 days of counting.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The biggest change now it’s that Treasure signed with Columbia Records (this is huge ‘cause it was the first american house for BTS before they went to Geffen). So if my little guys managed to sell 140k in the US without a recording label, now I’m pretty sure they will wreck any record on that chart! Congratulations, teumes.

YG explained, "If you look at the sales ratio by country, in addition to Korea, Japan, China and Southeast Asia, the US also accounted for more than 20%."

The mediaplay :skull:

YG just can't stop lying right? He might be a compulsive liar at this point

Thanks for this thread OP. Made me remember why I don't take YG acts seriously

• If we never see them anywhere in the us chart but suddenly they achieved this out of nowhere even surpassing BP their senior, and THE BTS then yeah... :pepe-joy: .

I don't even see them in any charts except for some Japan charts. YG should not make it too obvious.

• well they are looking a lil desperate trying to play catch up with sales when they post things like this

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

first time they did this. they are close to reaching their goal or they barely pass their previous sales??

• If we never see them anywhere in the us chart but suddenly they achieved this out of nowhere even surpassing BP their senior, and THE BTS then yeah... :pepe-joy: .

I don't even see them in any charts except for some Japan charts. YG should not make it too obvious.

Its always like that for YG artists

Expect Baemon to debut and outsell NewJeans, Ive and Aespa

According to YG of course

• well they are looking a lil desperate trying to play catch up with sales when they post things like this

first time they did this. they are close to reaching their goal or they barely pass their previous sales??

No article regarding their sales . The comeback is in 2 days. If there is no article coming in the next 24 hours then it's very likely they failed to surpass 1 million copies again

• Very good possibility.

The Columbia signing was a gamechanger.

Remember, they are probably going to announce US promotions soon. Will probably go on some morning TV and late night talk shows and will eventually announce some touring dates.

This will help charting as well.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• I had no idea they had a big following on US, thought their fandom was more asian-oriented. They are always excluded from 4th gen discussions for US achievements.

Because they are behind compared to the rest of 4th gen BG's and never made it into the year end top 10 and barely have CB's. Just look at lat years end of year list from billboard:

TXT’s “minisode 2: Thursday’s Child 277k copies

Stray KidsODDINARY” 204k copies

ENHYPEN’s “MANIFESTO : DAY 1” 173k copies

• Sounds like good old tacky yg mediaplay....

the whole "bp may not resign but look here we have babymon" mediaplay they did earlier this year was the wildest stuff:skull:

Not as bad as the '2ne1 is dead but look we have 2ne1 2.0 which is the same as 2ne1 but prettier' media play they did. YG is doing YG

• External Content twitter.com

for the people asking for pre-orders ^

obviously Yg wants to show they don't have big dependency on blackpink so they are going all out for treasure. I'm not surprised YG is pushing them with the reboot.

Honestly, Nothing different from I've seen from other labels I've seen worse from other companies either exaggerating, lying or omitting info. I'm not got get into it now but I've seen it all. It's hilarious people are pointing fingers

• But ngl, YG definitely on the very top for media play. I don't remember seeing other ceo calling their group the pretty version of their other group or whatever they do early this year with Bp's contract renewal news which is their number 1 group just to shove Baemon on everyone faces. That's another level of media play that I believe other companies didn't even dare to try.

• But ngl, YG definitely on the very top for media play. I don't remember seeing other ceo calling their group the pretty version of their other group or whatever they do early this year with Bp's contract renewal news which is their number 1 group just to shove Baemon on everyone faces. That's another level of media play that I believe other companies didn't even dare to try.

oh well that's true they said they wanted YG's snsd but if I'm not mistaken ador/hybe said something about wanting nj to be as successful as blackpink or something along those lines in an older interview. I think is more common than people think.

nowadays it's hybe and sm is not that far behind that does more mediaplay ( I'm not talking about spotify or anything like that) I would give more examples but I don't feel like getting into arguments but mediaplay is pretty much present in kpop lol

• Because they are behind compared to the rest of 4th gen BG's and never made it into the year end top 10 and barely have CB's. Just look at lat years end of year list from billboard:

TXT’s “minisode 2: Thursday’s Child 277k copies

Stray KidsODDINARY” 204k copies

ENHYPEN’s “MANIFESTO : DAY 1” 173k copies

Then how do they know about 140k US pre-orders? What a weird mediaplay :pepe-life-support:

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• This group makes way too little noise for them being a big 4 group let alone a YG group...

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Even if mediaplay, or w/e, if BP don't renew regardless of how well the other are doing YG stock is going to crash very hard. I wouldn't be shocked if it dropped as much 40+.

YG is too reliant on BP and it's time they started to diversify with Treasure and BM as with all groups BP have a shelf life and we're seeing it get closer and closer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!