JYP (the person) has a main character syndrome and it's weird for me to see fans practically worshipping him.

• First, I think a lot of people have a wrong impression that JYP is a man behind the hit songs of the groups from his company. Sure, he wrote and composed some of them, but all the most successful tracks were created by other people. Stray Kids are obviously self-produced, but ITZY's biggest and arguably best songs were made by Galaktika ('Wannabe' and 'Dalla Dalla'). Same with Twice, their biggest hits were made by BEP.

In every survival show that he participates in he has a ton of screentime, way more than any other judges on any other survival show. The only other person who does something similar is Yang Hyun-suk but even he doesn't demand as much attention as JYP.

A lot of artists that formerly worked with him have said that it was difficult to record songs with him. The recent behind-the-scenes footage of ITZY is just another example. As for the people who defend JYP by saying that it's normal - no, it's not. There is a ton of similar videos from SME producers recording with their artists, and it's always a calm, professional and supportive atmosphere. Same with YGE. Even producers that come to record songs with participants in Produce shows are always supportive and helpful. If artists crying in the recording booth is considered "normal", I think there is an issue.

Teddy has produced more hits and worked with bigger artists than JYP ever did, but you don't see or hear reports of him being hard to work with. And he never inserts himself into everything or tries to take the credit either. He is just doing his job.

Like yes, JYP built a great company, but I think he also puts himself in the middle of his groups' content and success way more than any other executive/producer. Fans are not there for him, they are there for the groups that happen to be under his company.

**again, another post from reddit just because its fun to discuss this topic here too

From the kpopthoughts community on Reddit
    Explore this post and more from the kpopthoughts community
    www.reddit.com

what do you think?**

• When JYP is involved with anything, he wants them exactly as he wants them.

It was weird watching the A2K show today. Like, a young 13-year old girl walked in, and later he told her, that the way she talked with her hands was "theatrical". Almost like saying the way she was holding herself was fake, and he said he wanted her to act like she was talking with her friends. I guess insinuating that she was putting on airs and making a show of things in front of him and he wanted her to be more "natural". Which fair enough. But then, I see how cringe NMIXX is acting during the part of the Party O'Clock choreo that he choreographed, and I wonder if he knows what the fuck he's talking about.

Like, anyone who instructed NMIXX to do this weird eye twitch thing should not be trying to tell teenage girls what it looks like to act "natural".

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• if i were a producer recording songs with idols who cant sing properly, i'd be a lot more direct and strict than JYP

idk who's complaining about him being too demanding

surely not working adults

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Tbh i don't even understand what he's doing judging young girls

When he's not even a great singer neither a great dancer

Neither he is a good producer or trainer

I remember how when Tiffany went to record for Unnis slam dunk with him he keep giving her weird instructions and how awkward she was with his way of trying to make her sing, and when she did her own thing she finish it in one try and even him was surprise

And the next season of slam dunk the girls were training with SM vocal teacher and Minzy and Somi kept saying that they didn't know they could do this with their voice or reach certain note because they never had a good training and the good advice

This old man need to stop wanting to get is ego stroke and learn to get a sit in the back

And put someone more qualified to judge this girl talent because honestly watching Niziu show was cringy, because he was trying to give advice about certain girls skills when some of the girls were more talented than him

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• I guess no one in allkpop forum saw this? This made me feel old that I need to brought it back 😂

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

• This man can’t sing so why he’s in on people’s business. Don’t play dense.

he's about as skilled as the average idol

and there's many below average idols being mad successful too

so...........maybe for them, he's good enough?

oh and above all, maybe they shouldnt sign up for his company if they dont want to be criticized by him

i surely wouldnt want to be mentored by someone i thought wasnt a good mentor

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• JYP has worked a few times with Stray Kids, but yes, none are among their most successful songs. He wrote with them the lyrics of 'Levanter' and 'My Pace'. And composed for them 'All In', a japanese track, what they co-composed too along with JYP making some adjusts.

But usually he prefers to don't touch their work and is actually the one who seems careful about the Stray Kids members' judgement lol It's funny

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Idk who's more an attention seeker between him and Yang Hyun Suk. Jyp loves to teach things he doesn't even know, and is always appearing in shows and even in their artists mvs (knock knock, and one from niziu)

Yang Hyun Suk appeared in the Baby Monster show even if his image was already damaged, so he didn't care if his dirty image would be associated to the group. He was the worst as a judge too, he humiliated the mixnine contestants a lot, I never saw something like that before, he kept saying that they had nowhere to go if mixnine didn't work out, crazy because he refused to debut the winner team because he disliked (or even hated) Woo Jinyoung and wanted to debut the girls. The whole Mixnine was his ego wanting a produce.

Edited once, last by Baeggi ().

• Idk who's more an attention seeker between him and Yang Hyun Suk. Jyp loves to teach things he doesn't even know, and is always appearing in shows and even in their artists mvs (knock knock, and one from niziu)

Yang Hyun Suk appeared in the Baby Monster show even if his image was already damaged, so he didn't care if his dirty image would be associated to the group. He was the worst as a judge too, he humiliated the mixnine contestants a lot, I never saw something like that before, he kept saying that they had nowhere to go if mixnine didn't work out (crazy because he refused to debut the winner team, I will

he disliked (or even hated) Woo Jinyoung and wanted to debut the girls. The whole Mixnine was his ego wanting a produce.

Mixnine was so bad, it was just him boasting his wealth, criticizing young kids and wanting his own snsd 2.0. He looked so salty when bg team won no wonder their debut was cancelled.

• Mixnine was so bad, it was just him boasting his wealth, criticizing young kids and wanting his own snsd 2.0. He looked so salty when bg team won no wonder their debut was cancelled.

The same bitterness he had when Winner won over Ikon lol His one sided beef with teenagers/young adults is really weird. I'm glad mixnine flopped, I really liked the contestants, but YG doesn't deserve a whole show to roast kids and treat them like garbage, as an avid survival show watcher, I never saw any judge lack humanity like him.

• The same bitterness he had when Winner won over Ikon lol His one sided beef with teenagers/young adults is really weird. I'm glad mixnine flopped, I really liked the contestants, but YG doesn't deserve a whole show to roast kids and treat them like garbage, as an avid survival show watcher, I never saw any judge lack humanity like him.

Who's next was a whole another level of torture, guy was convinced ikon would win. Mixnine had talented contestants, it only flopped because of yg.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!