The proof NJ is the biggest 4th gen group

• An unfair comparison when NJ has heavily promoted every track on their album. If there wasn't a staggered release with each song getting an MV, idk if casuals would've listened to all the b-sides.

• An unfair comparison when NJ has heavily promoted every track on their album. If there wasn't a staggered release with each song getting an MV, idk if casuals would've listened to all the b-sides.

(Example) Kakao couldnt afford to promote more than two songs for IVE? They bought SM over HYBE??? They have many more musical and production assets to pull from???

(Broad response)

Maybe the b sides arent good enough to be title tracks like this in other groups because most kpop companies have become accustomed to filling albums with fluff and photo cards to sell instead of investing in talented producers and writers

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Cmon now, that's because every song is promoted with MVs via Hybe $$$. Starshit dont have nowhere near the funds to take lavish trips to Spain and spend three weeks shooting six MVs =O=O .

To me, the biggest group should have the most people tuning in. And they fall short of Ive.

*Afterlike 632k UL

*I AM 581k UL

Attention 575k UL

Ditto 556k UL

*Kitsch 498k UL

*Love Dive 470k UL

Hybe Boy 458k UL

OMG 443k UL

Super Shy 436k UL

*Eleven 297k UL

• If they put out a whole ass album with more than 10 songs at the same time they won't get the same hype for every songs and it will just being forgotten like other groups's bsides.

Nope, they would easily get more traction than other groups regardless. Not to the same extent they have releasing them with some kind of promotion like teasers or MVs of course, but they clearly have more interest on their random songs than other groups. "Hurt" will soon cross 100 million streams, this is pretty big

• Super Shy is doing on average 3 million streams a day on Spotify, this is more than the whole discography of Ive combined is doing. They surely have more people listening to them than any other group

• I wish all my faves have MVs for all their songs (or almost all)

This is not a dig to New Jeans, because I wished my faves (plural, not just 1 group) have that level of promotion and I'm sure most people does

If The Eve something beard song by LSFM didn't actually become more popular than the main track I wonder if they will give it an MV

And if anyone of y'all bodohs bring in Kakao saying how big they are I swear my eyes will rollback so hard I can see my own retina because I didnt live through 3 generations of starshit for you to tell me that.

However, not every group can do that even with promotions so it's amazing to see New Jeans thrive they really are an amazing group

• (Example) Kakao couldnt afford to promote more than two songs for IVE? They bought SM over HYBE??? They have many more musical and production assets to pull from???

(Broad response)

Maybe the b sides arent good enough to be title tracks like this in other groups because most kpop companies have become accustomed to filling albums with fluff and photo cards to sell instead of investing in talented producers and writers

I mean, different companies have different strategies and determine what to prioritize in terms of costs. Be careful what you're implying - anyone who doesn't release an MV for every song on an album must be filled with fillers? Hybe must have no faith in all other HYBE acts including BTS then lol.

I'm someone who enjoys listening to albums through, so I've streamed the entirety of Aespa, I've, LSFM, and New Jeans albums this year. Even as someone who enjoys New Jeans music, it's weird to say only New Jeans is investing in talented producers and writers when basically all their songs this time around are geared for tiktok, heavily employ repetitive l choruses, and the entire 6-track EP is 12 minutes long.

Only two songs have staged releases NJ and Super Shy

ETA, CWY, Get Up and ASAP were all released today

To further prove how people were tuning to their whole album, their first track NJs were catapulted 9 positions on Melon thanks to the EP, the song NEVER peaked so high as now. It means people waited for the EP to listen to it as a whole

• BTS has numerous MVs for their side tracks, they indeed released more than one MV for the same song in past. Your conclusion is baseless

They have never released an MV for every track of an album, not even close lol. Not even close to 50% of an album's tracks. You're far from an army so idk why you're talking so confidently.

• I mean, different companies have different strategies and determine what to prioritize in terms of costs. Be careful what you're implying - anyone who doesn't release an MV for every song on an album must be filled with fillers? Hybe must have no faith in all other HYBE acts including BTS then lol.

I'm someone who enjoys listening to albums through, so I've streamed the entirety of Aespa, I've, LSFM, and New Jeans albums this year. Even as someone who enjoys New Jeans music, it's weird to say only New Jeans is investing in talented producers and writers when basically all their songs this time around are geared for tiktok, heavily employ repetitive l choruses, and the entire 6-track EP is 12 minutes long.

Well clearly these other groups did get the hint because Aespa made mini music videos for ALL of this album

LSRFM promotes their B-sides as well, just not all of them and they have side promotions for their B-sides with collaborative performances (theyve done this twice so far)

IVE literally copy and pasted the NewJeans EP marketing strategy

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• They have never released an MV for every track of an album, not even close lol. Not even close to 50% of an album's tracks. You're far from an army so idk why you're talking so confidently.

BTS full albums used to have 12 tracks, so sure they don't have MV to all tracks but they always released many MVs, as well as performances to side tracks.

Considering I not only own 6 BTS albums, a lighstick and actually went to their concerts I believe I'm qualified enough to discuss their career and say for sure investing on their side tracks is one of the reasons why they got so popular

• After listening to Get Up, the difference between their peers is huge. We can say for sure NewJeans is changing the game right now. They are on trend, that's the difference.

All NewJeans tracks have over 100m streams, even on YT music all their tracks have good streams. Even if they don't promote most of the tracks, they will still get fairly massive listeners. They are at a place whole albums will get listened and talked about.

Other groups like Le Sserafim, Enhypen, TXT, SKZ, aespa, Gidle have great disco streams overall too.

• As much as i love their album, this take is so weird

Please dont act like groups like IVE, blackpink, aespa and lesserafim didnt have hit B sides... even GIDLE.

• I thought you said in the OP that we're all allowed our opinions lol? New Jeans rollout and promotions has felt very different than most other releases this year, and I'm saying that as a good thing. Hey, get that promo and impact. Idk why pointing out that the rollout has been more grandiose is supposedly a bad thing. Clearly it's working. Would you rather that promo doesn't work?

• BTS full albums used to have 12 tracks, so sure they don't have MV to all tracks but they always released many MVs, as well as performances to side tracks.

Considering I not only own 6 BTS albums, a lighstick and actually went to their concerts I believe I'm qualified enough to discuss their career and say for sure investing on their side tracks is one of the reasons why they got so popular

Please list any BTS 12-track album where they released anywhere close to 6 MVs? Performances are not the same thing lmao, almost every popular group will perform a couple bside tracks even on music shows.

• As much as i love their album, this take is so weird

Please dont act like groups like IVE, blackpink, aespa and lesserafim didnt have hit B sides... even GIDLE.

Blackpink is surely two levels ahead. They are far far bigger than NJ in every conceivable way, I have no intention to dispute some of their b sides have as much listeners as NJ title tracks

Ive though... lol, no comments

• Please list any BTS 12-track album where they released anywhere close to 6 MVs?

They don't, I'm not disputing this lol

They generally have 2 MVs for their titles tracks, as well as some comeback trailer, or MVs for their solo songs

I'm only stating they DO released multiple MVs for their albums, so you cannot say Hybe did not invested on BTS vidoegraphy because they did, exactly because Hybe (when still Bighit) saw a lot of value on BTS music

• I thought you said in the OP that we're all allowed our opinions lol? New Jeans rollout and promotions has felt very different than most other releases this year, and I'm saying that as a good thing. Hey, get that promo and impact. Idk why pointing out that the rollout has been more grandiose is supposedly a bad thing. Clearly it's working. Would you rather that promo doesn't work?

I mean, it's the same rollout Aespa did with girls, Itzy is doing as well. Even EXO did lol

NJ is simply more successful convincing people to listen everything they pull out :pepepizza:

• Icaro_Ribeiro

Changed the title of the thread from “The proof NJ is the biggest group” to “The proof NJ is the biggest 4th gen group”.
  • Blackpink is surely two levels ahead. They are far far bigger than NJ in every conceivable way, I have no intention to dispute some of their b sides have as much listeners as NJ title tracks

Ive though... lol, no comments

IVE actually charted Blue Blood and Lips so it isnt too bad. IVE didnt promote any of the B sides except a special video for Not Your Girl (which i speculate that it was supposed to be a follow up promo song but Rei condition halted that plan. Note that NOT YOUR GIRL is the only song in uppercase alongside I AM on tracklist).

Plus they already have Kitsch + I Am slaying on top10 so no point promoting another b side. LE SSERAFIM had to do that because their didnt do any pre release unlike Gidle, newjeans, IVE

In aespa case, the B sides are already charting well before promotion starts. So it is kinda obvious that GP has interest in aespa album (same with illusion that charted better than Girls)

• They don't, I'm not disputing this lol

They generally have 2 MVs for their titles tracks, as well as some comeback trailer, or MVs for their solo songs

I'm only stating they DO released multiple MVs for their albums, so you cannot say Hybe did not invested on BTS vidoegraphy because they did, exactly because Hybe (when still Bighit) saw a lot of value on BTS music

Oh, I also agree Hybe invested a lot into BTS. My reply was to @bangmenah's argument that not releasing an MV for every song means a company doesn't think the music is worth the budget.

Anyway all I was saying is that I think having staggered MV releases did help drum up more hype for NJ's songs, even if it's not the only reason. Tbh I forgot Aespa also released mini-MVs for their bsides (without much fanfare) and it's unfortunate that more people didn't listen to them bc "my world" has been the most interesting album for me this year.

• IVE actually charted Blue Blood and Lips so it isnt too bad. IVE didnt promote any of the B sides except a special video for Not My Girl (which i speculate that it was supposed to be a follow up promo song but Rei condition halted that plan. Note that NOT MY GIRL is the only song in uppercase alongside I AM on tracklist).

Also, soon after IVE had Japanese promotions with WAVE and also went on tour so they wouldn't have time to promote any other song anyways

• IVE actually charted Blue Blood and Lips so it isnt too bad. IVE didnt promote any of the B sides except a special video for Not My Girl (which i speculate that it was supposed to be a follow up promo song but Rei condition halted that plan. Note that NOT MY GIRL is the only song in uppercase alongside I AM on tracklist).

Plus they already have Kitsch + I Am slaying on top10 so no point promoting another b side. LE SSERAFIM had to do that because their didnt do any pre release unlike Gidle, newjeans, IVE

In aespa case, the B sides are already charting well before promotion starts. So it is kinda obvious that GP has interest in aespa album (same with illusion that charted better than Girls)

Yup, LSRF side tracks had great traction, as they should. Blue Fame, Sour Grapes and of course Eve Psyche which is on track to become one of their biggest hits by far

G Idle also have good traction with some of their songs, they always did for years now. In reality they were the first girlgroup in 4th gen to even chart well with a B side on Melon, with My Bag more than one year ago. Aespa and NewJeans followed suit

I disagree with Ive, their bsides numbers are mediocre but I digress

However none of them are on NJ levels, specially internationally

• Many things can be true idk why people are bringing up “promotion” and other things. Yes how a company markets and pushes a group of course affects their performance. No one can say BP would have been successful if they weren’t in YG and didn’t have their expensive and exclusive image. And no one can say Red Velvet or Aespa would have been successful without SM’s branding and way of building fandoms. Each company has their own way of promoting their groups.

The end result is yes NJ’s music is consumed more than anyone else in 4th gen in Korea. That is an objective fact.

Would have could have should have about “others don’t promote as much’” is a bogus point. There are so many things contributing to a group’s success. MHJ knowing how to play the field better than others doesn’t reduce it.

• GIDLE actually did with Hann (alone in winter) first during HWAA era but the Soojin scandal killed their momentum.

I agree, none of them are on NewJeans level internationally. NewJeans is otw to be Blackpink level for spotify, that's for sure. But domesticlly, the top 4th gen GGs kinda have the GP attention for their B sides too

• (without much fanfare)

That's the key, the abnormal level of popularity is what guarantee NJs stages releases to get so much traction. Do you see the same impact for Nmixx and Itzy pre releases? Because I really don't

It's as if NJ is in a loop of popularity, where their humongous popularity make people to immediately listen to them, and doing so they start spamming their music and making other people listen to them which creates further anticipation for the next releases

This do not imply other groups don't release quality music, but it means they don't come close to NJ hype and buzz

• chicken and egg situation of hype

which gives me my excuse to post this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh, I also agree Hybe invested a lot into BTS. My reply was to @bangmenah's argument that not releasing an MV for every song means a company doesn't think the music is worth the budget.

Anyway all I was saying is that I think having staggered MV releases did help drum up more hype for NJ's songs, even if it's not the only reason. Tbh I forgot Aespa also released mini-MVs for their bsides (without much fanfare) and it's unfortunate that more people didn't listen to them bc "my world" has been the most interesting album for me this year.

Now heres a take we can agree on. (Now its my 2nd fav album)

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• not arguing the main point of the title

But people here really think of a bside is not promoted it means it's a filler?

Hmmm intresting

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Cause NewJeans are the IT group now. We all know how fickle and trend-chasing koreans are. When the group is top and trendy, everything they put out will be hit regardless.

Classic example - the trendy sexy GGs during 2.5 gen - AOA Girls Day and EXID. Recent example - aespa after hit big with Next Level. Dream comes true top 10 despite being a remake. Savage PAK - not the type of songs koreans usually listen to. Got the beat (include 2 aespa members) Step Back top 5

• I mean no one else comes close to the scale of NJ promo - they had a powerpuff promo for an intro song, an apple collab for a title, and tony leung cameo for another title. Ofc that's all possible bc NJ are the hottest group right now so yes the hype feels like a feedback loop. Good on Ador for successfully leveraging the hype and popularity into actual streams, and considering their growth trajectory they haven't even hit their peak yet.

• not arguing the main point of the title

But people here really think of a bside is not promoted it means it's a filler?

Hmmm intresting

Definitely NOT the case but unpromoted = less people notice it except fans / casual followers. Promoting B side is giving exposure to the song to let it live to its (max) potential.

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!