recommend your favorite songs and I’ll give my honest opinion

• inspired by xx-jenn-xx ‘s reply to another thread of mine. she mentioned many songs so going to go through them and hopefully discover some great music. my kpop experience has been limited to a few groups, outside of my faves or groups im partially interested in, i don’t really bother with others. hoping to turn over a new leaf and change that 💆🏻‍♀️

okay starting with

2nd Gen

**Highlight (2009)** - though i'd love to get my favorite song from their beast days i'm going with Not The End

**Infinite (2010)** - it's a no brainer THE EYE

The Boss (DGNA) (2010) - RILLA GO!!

#1 HIGHLIGHT — Not The End

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i think i remember this song back from when soobin was an mc. great vocals, nice development and progression. not really my type and i feel like every kpop group has put out a song like this at least once, but still v v pleasant to listen to. loved the second half of the song. a cup of coffee, the rain, an art journal, and this song

6.5/10

#2 INFINITE — The Eye

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hmm. Ooo the beat change. Im writing this live btw. The emo fits 😭🫶🏼 chorus hits omg. I love this. It’s so 2nd gen coded im crying I LOVE THIS PLEASEEEE. THE POST CHORUS BEAT. Such an angsty mv it’s giving everything. Buildup is too good. Chorus :pepe-excited: :pepe-grooving: Ok i really love this

9.5/10. Taking half a point because i don’t want to look too sold this early into the list (i am actually)

#3 DGNA — Rilla Go!

OOO the guitar. the fits 😭😭😭. Oh my lyrics. Chorus is good 😭 can’t get over the cheetah guy he just came out of nowhere. This concept is something else truly i can’t focus on the song 😭😭😭 nauuur felix sounding guy. It’s such a club banger though. They sound great actually. Why did they not blow up this is great…

7/10 im divided. i like it a lot but i also know i will probably never listen to it again 😭😭😭 you need to be in a certain mood for such club bangers and i know i never am

• Highlight had so many bangers as Beast but unless they change it up they cannot do old beast songs as highlight so i went with one that I love though i recommend checking out their newest release

Infinite - if you think that's a 9.5...you ain't seen nothing yet TRUST ME

DGNA - they are a very old 2nd gen group who haven't released anything...they were on peak time and did well until some stupid old photos surfaced of the main vocalist chillin with a chick in japan and everyone lost their shit 'cause he no longer had the good boy image so as of right now there's 3 members left and i have no idea wtf they are doing. lol so their old stuff is hit or miss.

edit: and now i will wait for your 3rd gen reviews lol

• Blinking Game

눈싸움 Blinking Game
    Provided to YouTube by SM Entertainment눈싸움 Blinking Game · JONGHYUNJONGHYUN The Collection "Story Op.2"℗ 2017 SM EntertainmentReleased on: 2017-04-24Auto-gen...
    youtu.be

Rewind

JONGHYUN 종현 'Rewind' (Audio)
    JONGHYUN's "Poet | Artist" has been released. Listen on iTunes & Apple Music, Spotify, and Google Play Music http://smarturl.it/Poet_Artist [Tracklist] 01 빛이...
    youtu.be

Cockroach

Jonghyun 종현 - Where Are You (바퀴 - Cockroach) lyrics (Han|Rom|Eng)
    Happy Birthday Jonghyun!!English lyrics for Jonghyun's ~lyrical masterpiece~ 바퀴 "Cockroach" which he wrote and composed, and yes, even played a kazoo solo fo...
    youtu.be

• moving onto 3rd gen:

#4 A.C.E — cactus

Thumbnail looks great. Ooooooh instrumentals. Hindi in the mv?? Nice build up. Chorus a little flat. Post chorus 👀 verses are great. So is the pre chorus. Chorus sounds like an anime song the second time around 😭 feel like there’s so many layers to this song, i can’t process them all just hearing it once…

#5 B.IG — Hello

I like this so far :pepe-shoooketh: THIS CHORUS 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 this is so fun. This song is so goofy it’s so good :pepe-dj: Well kings teach me how to say hello in twenty different languages

#6 BTOB — I’ll be your man

Automatically thought of this one Bruno mars song reading the song title so might compare to that song unknowingly 😭 anyway. I’ve heard great things abt btob but never rly divulged into their music. Ok starting. Love this guy. Pineal or something. Beautiful buildup. Great vocals. Chorus better be it. CHORUS IS IT 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 going into my angsty playlist. Rap verses great. Pre chorus is just too perfect. This is really beautiful. The guy from goblin sings so well i had no idea 😭😭😭 and minhyuk is a rly fast rapper this is so shocking to me. Bridge is so stripped back i love it. Oooooooo last part of the song is too good. TOO GOOOOODDDDDD. This was great. I loved it a little too much actually 10/10

• lol ACE took a risk with that debut song but i recommend their discography they really are amazing

B.I.G HAS HEEDO THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS HEEDO but no for real listen to them too . B.I.G is down to 4 members but one is currently enlisted.

here's some other faves to come back to later on:

External Content www.youtube.com

WELCOME TO BTOB who has other amazing songs lol but this is by far my favorite..Minhyuk is just down right amazing. The other rapper was inseong and he had to leave the group over a weed controversy which all fans think was stupid, but you know whatever. he was so good. Peniel best american rapper too.

• mygsbeat hope you're not mad if its not KPop 😂 (I just don't really know what to post for now so yeah ... a bit Japanese stuff is allways good)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• External Content music.youtube.com

I've been kind of addicted to this song ever since it came out :oops:

External Content music.youtube.com

The vibessss ;(

External Content music.youtube.com

Iconic masterpiece 8)

• External Content youtu.be

• Seori; Cinderella

Wheein; Butterfly

Younha; Twenty-five, Twenty-one. Not her song but she did an amazing job at covering it.

Original Kim Yuna of Jaurim; Goodbye Grief

---======---

• External Content open.spotify.com

External Content open.spotify.com

And lately i love this

External Content open.spotify.com

• ok continuing on from where i left off last night:

#7 MASC — Maschera

Alright let’s do this. Nice colors on the mv. Very slow start to the song. Pleasant chorus. Nothing much to write home about, though. The song needs a buildup i was hoping the rapper would deliver a little more aggressively 😭 don’t know what mixing means when it comes to music, but I feel like the mixing on this song could be done better. Feel like the members voices are a little too flat. The song is upbeat but they’re just so flat toned i don’t know how to explain it. This has potential, it’s a nice pleasant boy group song. Please one high note after the bridge. So it just ends like that. Ok 👍🏼

#8 MONSTA X — Hero

Oooo nice. I like the pre chorus, buildup is great. Chorus could’ve been done better, i don’t like empty choruses 😭 nice rap. The instrumental reminds me of this one rain song where they slide on the floor i forgot what it was called but something gang 😭😭😭 sounds a bit too similar. Yup chorus is disappointing. With an empty chorus at least the dance move could’ve been better to fill the space but it’s not. Last chorus is good even if it’s repetitive chanting.

#9 PENTAGON — Dr. BeBe

Good so far. The mv is giving very bts lore vibes ngl. Song is a miss, it’s very typical kpop boy group on brand music though. Their vocals are great especially in the last chorus. No specific part stands out to me actually. Shine remains their best song no cap

#10 SF9 — Enough

It’s calm so far I like it. Chorus is nice. Styling could've been better. Not a groundbreaking song, actually v basic but a solid 7. Part after the bridge is great ❤️‍🔥

• :pepe-life-support:

THERES TOO MANYYYY AND I HAVE NEWJEANS ON MY MIND

Well you don't have to do them alll right now but you still gotta do them i'm all excited to see your reactions don't cheat me out!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!