TXT and Jonas Brothers failed to enter Billboard Hot100

• Bang PD set them up with such high expectations.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• It was expected, the song is so bland and forgettable.. even if the jonas brothers released the song with no collab it wouldn't change anything i reckon

• I know people like to complain about bighit every other day, but how they dealt with this has to be up there with the worst things they've ever done. The higher ups setting a top20 goal but then not putting in any effort for it. Did they even do any promo besides some tiktoks and youtube shorts?

Nobody seemed to be hyped for it, not even the fans. Can't blame txt fans when the first 40 seconds of the song is all the Jonas Brothers. And the mv is taking simplicity to a whole different level. Didn't exactly scream budget. it's just so white...

Bighit set up the artist and the fans as well. I feel sorry for both.

• The song wasn't that great, unfortunately. It wasn't bad or anything but it was kind of forgettable. :( I wanted to like it but it's just sort of meh.

• kinda mad at this whole thing. ngl song was meh so i refused to comment abt it or partake in the polls, the mv sucked, Ryan Tedder set us up, bang pd is a dumbass, they barely promoted the single… there’s so many layers to this. im just doing my best to forgot this whole thing. hated it

• I know people like to complain about bighit every other day, but how they dealt with this has to be up there with the worst things they've ever done. The higher ups setting a top20 goal but then not putting in any effort for it. Did they even do any promo besides some tiktoks and youtube shorts?

Nobody seemed to be hyped for it, not even the fans. Can't blame txt fans when the first 40 seconds of the song is all the Jonas Brothers. And the mv is taking simplicity to a whole different level. Didn't exactly scream budget. it's just so white...

MOAs were pretty hype for it, but those mofos didn't even formally submit the track for radio, MOAs have had to do all the work and it's exhausting. Especially when big name accounts on twitter keep sabotaging our streaming efforts by telling people to use streaming methods that'll get the streams filtered. Then BH formally submitted Seven for radio and it was like a slap in the face ;judgingpepe:

External Content youtu.be

The members' faces during the charting convo... they knew there wouldn't be any label support. There's never any label support :peperain:

• I'm a casual fan of TxT, I watch their music content such as live performances and MVs and listen to their music regularly

But I had 0 hype for this. No interest whatsoever. If anything, I'm happy it's flopping so they can focus on their korean discography instead of releasing English songs

im a full stan and i hated this collab! relieved it’s flopping too. i need bighit to just let it go. the mediocre string of english releases are what drove me away from bts, i need them not to do this to txt. their last full album was over two years ago, so how about working on that? at least bts were at a stage where their fans would gobble up everything they’d put out. unfortunately txt have ways to go and this just wasn’t the time to seek an unreachable hot100 charting with a boring song.

• MOAs were pretty hype for it, but those mofos didn't even formally submit the track for radio, MOAs have had to do all the work and it's exhausting. Especially when big name accounts on twitter keep sabotaging our streaming efforts by telling people to use streaming methods that'll get the streams filtered. Then BH formally submitted Seven for radio and it was like a slap in the face ;judgingpepe:

The members' faces during the charting convo... they knew there wouldn't be any label support. There's never any label support :peperain:

a top 20 goal was so out of touch with reality, i can’t believe they put this unreal expectation on txt and moas.

The quicker BH learns that hybe stans /=/ army, the quicker they will stop setting up their artists

• These artificial collabs, i just dont see the appeal in the vast majority of them. I'm talking about 92 percent of Kpop or even local collabs, where it seems the collaborators dont even meet face to face. Sometimes it just seems like they record separately for both the song and the MV and then the resultant elements are slapped together using computers.

The TXT song isnt bad, it's a decent 7 out of 10 actually, Tedder doesnt know how to fail tbh, but the way the music video was presented, it seemed so artificial. When i think collab, i think something like this:

External Content www.youtube.com

I think folks can just feel the difference in their souls :flower-cutie:

• I'm a casual fan of TxT, I watch their music content such as live performances and MVs and listen to their music regularly

But I had 0 hype for this. No interest whatsoever. If anything, I'm happy it's flopping so they can focus on their korean discography instead of releasing English songs

They should learn with BTS too, meh. Enough with English songs and collabs pulled out of the magician's hat. :pepe-notes:

The true winner for HYBE lately has been New Jeans and to a certain extent, LSF. Oh look, no collabs as a main release.... hm. Just the groups doing their thing.

• I would understand the expectation if the song was something really mindblowing, but no, it's just a basic song that any random western bg could have released.

• im a full stan and i hated this collab! relieved it’s flopping too. i need bighit to just let it go. the mediocre string of english releases are what drove me away from bts, i need them not to do this to txt. their last full album was over two years ago, so how about working on that? at least bts were at a stage where their fans would gobble up everything they’d put out. unfortunately txt have ways to go and this just wasn’t the time to seek an unreachable hot100 charting with a boring song.

I'm happy I'm not the only one in this. See my reply above regarding HYBE.

• I would understand the expectation if the song was something really mindblowing, but no, it's just a basic song that any random western bg could have released.

Unfortunately its starting to happen not only with txt... :emotionalpepe: BangPD's wish of dropping the k in kpop... how about... the reason why it's KPOP is the reason that drew people to it, hum?, Otherwise Id be listening to western pop and all their basic beats.

• MOAs were pretty hype for it, but those mofos didn't even formally submit the track for radio, MOAs have had to do all the work and it's exhausting. Especially when big name accounts on twitter keep sabotaging our streaming efforts by telling people to use streaming methods that'll get the streams filtered. Then BH formally submitted Seven for radio and it was like a slap in the face ;judgingpepe:

I saw that video as well and I couldn't believe they decided to still upload it at a time when everyone knew txt wouldn't enter the hot100. It's tone deaf and comes across as a big middle finger to the fans.

Txt was also building momentum in Korea, but instead of focussing on that, bighit and bang pd were desparate for the US validation. I do wonder if they even know how the hot100 works...

• Unfortunately its starting to happen not only with txt... :emotionalpepe: BangPD's wish of dropping the k in kpop... how about... the reason why it's KPOP is the reason that drew people to it, hum?, Otherwise Id be listening to western pop and all their basic beats.

Sadly kpop acts feel like they have to change their signature sound and be as basic possible to make it in western market. About my own faves, I was annoyed by Life's too short eng promos, the song is nothing like signature aespa (hard hitting instrumentals, strong concept). I'm not saying that an real aespa song would make them popular in the west (aespa as many groups is more niche, and that's fine), but at least they would present their real image to the public, Illusion should have been the promoted song.

Edited once, last by Baeggi ().

• The true winner for HYBE lately has been New Jeans and to a certain extent, LSF. Oh look, no collabs as a main release.... hm. Just the groups doing their thing.

and it makes you really think about how hybe was against newjeans musical direction because it wasn’t “friendly” enough. mhj said newjeans failure would’ve completely been on her. instead, she went with her gut and with her team, put together one of the most successful debut album in kpop history. four songs and each of them slaying the charts. hybe really needs to think straight.

• Bang pd is so embarrassing, txt doesn't even have a single hot 100 entry. There's a reason MHJ will always be a better director and producer, Bang is all talks no work. His strategy of letting "fans" do all the work sucks.

• We could've at least had a strong chance of entering the top 100 if there had been label support, but they decided to clown us extra hard :emotionalpepe:

it’s embarrassing as hell, but im actually happy it didn’t work out the way they expected. this might just discourage them from pursuing songs just catering to western music charts. i’d rather they just work and focus on their artistry as a kpop group. their korean albums have been top tier so far, and the music is what drew me to txt in the first place. i don’t want hybe messing with txt’s discography for their own selfish motives

• Bang pd is so embarrassing, txt doesn't even have a single hot 100 entry. There's a reason MHJ will always be a better director and producer, Bang is all talks no work. His strategy of letting "fans" do all the work sucks.

Honestly they drove away many fans with the change in musical direction recently...

• it’s embarrassing as hell, but im actually happy it didn’t work out the way they expected. this might just discourage them from pursuing songs just catering to western music charts. i’d rather they just work and focus on their artistry as a kpop group. their korean albums have been top tier so far, and the music is what drew me into txt so much. i don’t want hybe messing with txt’s discography for their own selfish motives

I wish that could be applied to BTS :emotionalpepe:even EXO (or SM? LOL) doesn't seem to care and they keep doing their thing. And apparently it works. Even if it's not number 1. Their music is still good and they do what they're known for.

• Honestly they drove away many fans with the change in musical direction recently...

I really like their 1st full album and there was another album, then I stopped listening to them gradually, their songs stopped hitting like before. But I'm still open to supporting them because at the end of the day we all are here for good music.

• I saw that video as well and I couldn't believe they decided to still upload it at a time when everyone knew txt wouldn't enter the hot100. It's tone deaf and comes across as a big middle finger to the fans.

Txt was also building momentum in Korea, but instead of focussing on that, bighit and bang pd were desparate for the US validation. I do wonder if they even know how the hot100 works...

They're still building momentum in Korea to be fair, and they are currently preparing a Korean album. They haven't abandoned Korea, they've just thrown in some very half-assed American stuff to the mix :iconpepe:

it’s embarrassing as hell, but im actually happy it didn’t work out the way they expected. this might just discourage them from pursuing songs just catering to western music charts. i’d rather they just work and focus on their artistry as a kpop group. their korean albums have been top tier so far, and the music is what drew me to txt in the first place. i don’t want hybe messing with txt’s discography for their own selfish motives

I disagree, DILT is very TXT-sounding. It's also very Jonas Brothers-sounding. That's basically the only thing that was done right about this, and bughut had nothing to do with it. Ryan is the one who chose the artists for the track and reached out to them himself. I can't imagine how clowned he must feel after realizing the label had no intentions of lifting a single finger to promote the track :pepe-sad:

• it’s embarrassing as hell, but im actually happy it didn’t work out the way they expected. this might just discourage them from pursuing songs just catering to western music charts. i’d rather they just work and focus on their artistry as a kpop group. their korean albums have been top tier so far, and the music is what drew me to txt in the first place. i don’t want hybe messing with txt’s discography for their own selfish motives

Honestly they drove away many fans with the change in musical direction recently...

Were you both fans of their emo-rock turn with Lovesong and LoserLover, plus Runaway? Those three songs, especially Lovesong, put them on the map for me, i have only ever bought one BG badge in four years here and it was for Lovesong :flower-cutie: . Still one of the best BG songs i've ever heard.

• Were you both fans of their emo-rock turn with Lovesong and LoserLover, plus Runaway? Those three songs, especially Lovesong, put them on the map for me, i have only ever bought one BG badge in four years here and it was for Lovesong :flower-cutie: . Still one of the best BG songs i've ever heard.

TXT best era for me, in 2nd gen they would have charted high with these songs

• I really like their 1st full album and there was another album, then I stopped listening to them gradually, their songs stopped hitting like before. But I'm still open to supporting them because at the end of the day we all are here for good music.

Actually I was talking about BTS in this case. I was starting to get a bit "bleh" with Boy With Luv, then ON was a masterpiece (but largely ignored by stans because of the pandemic) along with Shadow and Louder than Bombs and Black Swan. They were at their peak IMO. It went down the drain with the English singles, minus LGO and Blue and Grey (I cried the first time I listened to it).

I was hoping post pandemic and after the feedback of PTD that they'd come back with more meaty stuff but BAM, it's military time b*tches. So who knows what direction they might take after 2025... I hope nothing like Seven, that's for sure. 🤐 They can do much better.

Weird considering BTS seem to collab with ppl they actually admire or are friends with (Psy, Halsey, Jcole, Charlie Puth, Coldplay, etc etc) :S

Actually I meant production wise.

Were you both fans of their emo-rock turn with Lovesong and LoserLover, plus Runaway? Those three songs, especially Lovesong, put them on the map for me, i have only ever bought one BG badge in four years here and it was for Lovesong :flower-cutie: . Still one of the best BG songs i've ever heard.

Oh, spot on!!!! With those 3 singles I really saw they had potential. Against my biases I defended LOVESONG vs. Butter for SOTY. So just see how much I liked it. I still consider LOVESONG their best release. Didn't like what came afterwards (GBGB or sugar rush...)

• Were you both fans of their emo-rock turn with Lovesong and LoserLover, plus Runaway? Those three songs, especially Lovesong, put them on the map for me, i have only ever bought one BG badge in four years here and it was for Lovesong :flower-cutie: . Still one of the best BG songs i've ever heard.

I’ve been a fan of almost all of their work from the start. Been stanning them since run away and it’s only gotten stronger over the years. Lovesong is my favorite title track of theirs to date, but lately I’ve been getting into cysm even though i wasn’t too big on it when it was released three years ago… I do remember your thread on lovesong and how surprised I was to see you had taste (if only for a hot second but still!!!)

• I’ve been a fan of almost all of their work from the start. Been stanning them since run away and it’s only gotten stronger over the years. Lovesong is my favorite title track of theirs to date, but lately I’ve been getting into cysm even though i wasn’t too big on it when it was released three years ago… I do remember your thread on lovesong and how surprised I was to see you had taste (if only for a hot second but still!!!)

LOVESONG should be in the hall of fame of kpop masterpieces. Along with Exo's Monster, 2NE1's I'm the best, BTS' ON (imo), SNSD's Genie, Bigbang's Fantastic Baby, and so on. Ah I could write the whole day.

• This thread contains 31 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!