"Self-producing group" became a very loose term recently

• 'sup mina long time no see

which is why questions like these are really moot...

same with things are best 4th gen GG or BG or whatever since it devolves into a schoolyard contest of my group is better than yours

unless someone brings (or tries to bring) some kind of objective standard...

Hey!

You disappeared!

I think there isn't an objective answer cause the term "self-produced" is only used in K-pop, so K-pop stans say what they want to say.

In the end of the day, It doesn't matter If a person considers certain artist self produced or not. What is important is if they are getting richer through the royalities for their name in the credits

• well it's hard to do much of anything with a newborn lol

which is why most of it is BS lol they say what they say about their favs but yes I agree there is no standard since it hasn't been discussed

that is true which is something I've always said as well in relation to streams and album sales and whatnot

the ultimate measure for determining success will always be the size of the artists bank account!!!

• Well said.

There's also the questionable ones who submitted their diary entries to the production team and call themselves "song-writer"

x o x o

c6tcSa5.gif

• BTS has very little production credits, they mostly stuck to writing

Yes, that’s why IU, Lee Sora, Max, Halsey etc all have Prod. Suga as their collaborator. Eight (IU) has only Suga as the producer. He even won best idol producer for Suran’s Wine. If you just count how many singers has Suga or Agust D as the producer, it’s more than 95% of other groups lol.

And why you guys downplay song writing as well? You know RM is well respected as poetic rapper because his word play is second to none.. People organised seminars and discussions for his lyricism..

Kpoppies downplaying BTS composing and producing abilities will always be funny. You guys need to remember that BTS has hundreds of songs.. some are theirs alone and some are with others.

• What?! You mean Suga won awards as a producer?! :woow::woow::woow::woow::woow::woow::woow:

Downplaying BTS has been a trend for years.

• the only top GG that i would consider as self-producing is GIDLE. They have Soyeon, Minnie and Yuqi writing songs and Soyeon producing / co-producing them.

Soyeon even do majority of the concept planning, even MV. That's already way beyond just self-producing but more like self-managed idol group

• the only top GG that i would consider as self-producing is GIDLE. They have Soyeon, Minnie and Yuqi writing songs and Soyeon producing / co-producing them.

Soyeon even do majority of the concept planning, even MV. That's already way beyond just self-producing but more like self-managed idol group

For sure.

Gidle songs have the same credit lines as all my faves i always rant about back in the 80s and 90s.

Song written/composed by Soyeon

Song produced by Soyeon and ___

Basically she does all or almost all the songwriting and works with one or two others to do the producing. That's what a true songwriter/producer does.

No one else in Kpop comes close to her, at least when we're talking about group comebacks.

• I mean from the word itself "self-produced/composed" isnt it obvious that the concept/idea of the songs came from within or from experience or something related to themeselfs. Those idol/s that can explain how they came up with the lyrics and the melody of a particular songs are the composer/producer because they are the "brain".

And yes BTS is one of them wether people admit it or not.

• Only a few of our faves can win awards like these.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Only a few of our faves can win awards like these.

I have to wonder how much influence she actually had on "Unforgiven", given that there are a whopping 18 writers credited for the song (source):

1. Score (13)
    2. Megatone (13)
    3. Supreme Boi
    4. Oneye
    5. Josefin Glenmark
    6. Anders Gukko
    7. Anne Judith Wik
    8. Nermin Harambašić
    9. Benjmn
    10. Feli Ferraro
    11. Kris Jana
    12. Kyler Niko
    13. Young Chance
    14. Belle
    15. Glenda Proby
    16. Makaila J Garcia
    17. Believve
    18. Ennio Morricone

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!