is jyp the only big4 company with the poorest digital performance on korean charts?

• They won’t change their ways. JYP investors are obviously happy with the way things are going—the divisions put in minimal effort and get big returns in terms of album sales, ticket sales, merch sales, and etc.

Now that you mention, it might really be true. Good from commercial perspective but might not be go in long run. They wont have any top groups

• 2) Saturation on girl group market. We have way too many girlgroups releasing hits and not only one hit, but many hits at the same time. There is a limit of how many groups can issue hits in a short time and seems like the market has ruled out Nmixx already. I don't see any girlgroup truly smashing for the next 2 years unless they somewhat replace an existing girl group niche

If this was the case, the hits would rotate amoung groups.

But it's really only 4 GGs that get the hits. with another 4 or 5 getting top songs once in a while, but not smash hits.

• If this was the case, the hits would rotate amoung groups.

But it's really only 4 GGs that get the hits. with another 4 or 5 getting top songs once in a while, but not smash hits.

4-5 GGs topping the chart is as max as we could be seeing. The top 10 in the past 2 years had in multiple occassions being dominated by the same few groups.

There just aint room for more groups to squeeze in. Not to mention, 1 group charting top 10 with more than 1 song at same time is becoming a norm (in the span of last 2 months, 4 groups are/were doing so - newjeans, ive, lesserafim, gilde)

• They are going downhill but who isn't from the Big3?

YG is basically a 1 Man(Woman) army with Blackpink, if they don't renew they are at Cube Level at best.

SM is literally a play ball for bigger Cats like HYBE and Kakao.

HYBE just started their dominance without even using the BTS card and Midsize Companies like Cube and Starship found their place with Gidle and IVE.

So I think Jyp is doing okay, it could be better especially for Nmixx, but so long they have TWICE with their touring power and loyal Japanese fanbase they are safe.

• 4-5 GGs topping the chart is as max as we could be seeing. The top 10 in the past 2 years had in multiple occassions being dominated by the same few groups.

There just aint room for more groups to squeeze in. Not to mention, 1 group charting top 10 with more than 1 song at same time is becoming a norm (in the span of last 2 months, 4 groups are/were doing so - newjeans, ive, lesserafim, gilde)

If this was the case, the hits would rotate amoung groups.

Actually the problem isn't saturation

If the market for gg was as saturated than people try to make it sound

NMIXX wouldn't have been able to enter the top 10 with Love me like this

The real problem is just JYP marketing because how a GG reaching the 5-10 melon with one song

Is not even able to enter melon top 80 with their cb

I already said it but reaching the top 10 brings you more fans and more attention from the public and more hype all the actual top GG actually started their dominance because they had songs reaching the top 10 and from there they just grow in the eyes of the public thanks to the attention they got after this

Even StayC who isn't a top GG were able to secure a good place in the gg pyramid thanks to their consistence in reaching the top 10

So it's so weird to me that a gg from a big 3 who had a song reaching the top 10 just few months ago isn't even able to even chart in the top 50 with their cb

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• They are going downhill but who isn't from the Big3?

YG is basically a 1 Man(Woman) army with Blackpink, if they don't renew they are at Cube Level at best.

SM is literally a play ball for bigger Cats like HYBE and Kakao.

HYBE just started their dominance without even using the BTS card and Midsize Companies like Cube and Starship found their place with Gidle and IVE.

So I think Jyp is doing okay, it could be better especially for Nmixx, but so long they have TWICE with their touring power and loyal Japanese fanbase they are safe.

money wise JYPE is doing in sane this year, they basically doubled there net worth,

jype rn is worth 3x YGE, and like 2 trillion won more then SME

e/ altho it will prob comedown after the buying of stock after the SM/hybe shenanigan's

• I've been wondering about this too, tbh. JYP groups, especially the girl groups, traditionally used to be so consistent and strong digitally in 2nd gen times and early 3rd gen.

But somehow since late 3rd gen and continueing into 4th gen times, that digital power has gotten weaker and weaker, at least in SK. Is it because BEP went their own way, and JYP himself has lost his composer/producer touch? :/

It's puzzling.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• JYPE pays the least of the big 4, no wonder they have a hard time finding talented people to work with their groups.

Besides, the whole division system is so dumb, if you have someone that is excellent at their job, why not let them do their magic with other groups in the company?

• I believe like someone in the chart thread pointed out, the melon 4-week chart did played a big role in Love Me Like This charting well. The song actually only charted decently on melon and not on other charts. After 4 weeks, the song started to drop on melon (kinda freefall). The 4-week chart has been removed so you wont see the same effect for the comeback this round.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These are the highest peaks of JYPE artists this decade. Make of it what you will :melon_think:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!