It's my last post about BTS here

• if they continue like this, they will only need 2 or 3 more years to fail - that's how long the hype around them will continue.

until everyone realizes how cheap they have become.

and the fact that BIG hit and every single member now have more money in their bank account does not mean that they deliver good products.

bts is a victim of their own hype and big hits money addiction.

how cheap can they get ?

BTS has stopped doing what they want and singing about what they feel, how they see the world. their whole career is focused on the outside world, what do others want to hear? what does US want to hear, what does korea want to hear, they need to stop writing music around specific themes: i don't need corona songs from them ... (they made 2 of them in 2020) ..... they need to become artists again ....

now they are just a group of people who follow trends ..... and don't make their own.

I started following them because their art and musik was not trendy, what they did was their own, now they are not like that anymore.

AND I DONT LIKE AUTOTUNE.

it's my last post about BTS here .

and if you are as tired as i am of this cheap kpop here is some good korean music for you.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Your last post? That's impossible. It's clear they are your punching bag for all the things going wrong in your life... like RM said ... 'Use BTS to make yourself feel better.'

• bts released mots7, be, agust d released d-2, ioniq, etc and there are a lot of bts solo songs on soundclound in 2020which represents the quality of music everyone needs. not our problem or bts problem you prefer something else

if u dont like just support your real faves and stop the pretentious act

bts will not decline soon keep dreaming

• They've written songs and made albums around specific themes since day 1

BE helped them process their own feelings during the pandemic too

No one was asking for corona related songs from them, they did it themselves, which is the opposite of what you're saying they did

How have they stopped singing about how they feel?

What did you think Dis-ease and Blue & Grey was about?

Would have made sense if you just said you thought their music wasn't good anymore and left it at that

At least you are finally un-stanning

• Hmm, I get what you mean.

But hey it’s not that easy to get to the top like this, it’s extreme hard work and once you are there, you want to stay there. It’s not surprising that a Group would start to follow trends and would rather release what others want to hear than to be experimental with their artistry. They got this good boy image now, the perfect role model with no flaws and all, they can’t sing about whatever they want anymore, as this could cause controversies. So I wouldn’t judge them for this.

I think BTS are at that point now were thinking about their image is more important than anything else. They have to play safe, I mean even the government has an eye on them now.

• SandyBee3

BTS still make songs that are related to their current situation, and their take on societal problems.

For example in BE, BTS has a song called Dis-ease, where they comment on the society’s perception that one must work hard all the time (I think this is more prevalent in East Asian culture). They are both relieved and worried about the pandemic because the pandemic made them stop working like normal (so they can rest), but the pandemic make them worry about not working as well. The play of words are fantastic here and I wanna share it here.

Some excerpt from the article

Meaning both ‘disease’ and ‘bottle,’ he (Namjoon) combines the two to create a new line describing his discomfort with his current state of mind. The duality of the tracks English title is also worth mentioning at this point, with Dis-ease referencing a feeling of discomfort, while also simultaneously suggesting illness. RM criticises societal pressures creating a culture focused on work and wonders how much of this was really of his own volition from the beginning.

Dis-ease is one of the group’s most clever songs. It layers the fear of burnout caused by excessive work against the burnout faced during a pandemic. The very thing that caused their relief is also causing their unease, and the track questions whether that in itself is the real disease.

Here is the full article of anyone interested

https://medium.com/bulletproof…n-a-pandemic-9d47ed145c1a

Here is the song

External Content youtu.be

Lyrics (this not that accurate tho)

External Content youtu.be

• Hmm, I get what you mean.

But hey it’s not that easy to get to the top like this, it’s extreme hard work and once you are there, you want to stay there. It’s not surprising that a Group would start to follow trends and would rather release what others want to hear than to be experimental with their artistry. They got this good boy image now, the perfect role model with no flaws and all, they can’t sing about whatever they want anymore, as this could cause controversies. So I wouldn’t judge them for this.

I think BTS are at that point now were thinking about their image is more important than anything else. They have to play safe, I mean even the government has an eye on them now.

A whole BE album exists, literally released less that half a year ago.

Yoongi's mixtape also released during this time. And you're sitting here saying they can't sing about what they want anymore?

:clown:

• Something I noticed is literally anything is okay unless it´s BTS. Auto tune is okay as long as it adds to the style of the song unless BTS does it. TXT for example, this isn´t to slander them because they are one of my ults if not, my ult (having a hard time choosing lol). They use auto tune quite often for style, but when BTS does it, it´s a crime against humanity. They´ve been using it for a long time plus Dynamite (most used in a song that´s why I brought this up) is an all English song so it´ll help with their pronunciation a bit (they´ve gotten quite good at English these past few years but I can understand why they chose this option). Just because they don´t write about deep things as much as they used to, does not mean their quality decreased. If you like their older stuff, go listen to it, it hasn´t been permanently deleted. You don´t know BTS, they could be releasing exactly what they want. They don´t need to cater towards just you, they have a strong loyal fanbase to care about. They´ve already conquered the music industry except the US which seems to be trying to keep them out. I think BigHit´s plan is to prove to the US market that BTS are mega hits for a reason. This can be damaging to their Korean fanbase but that hasn´t been the case for them. Plus literally NOTHING BTS does is cheap. They literally inhale money at this point.

• I was addressing OP’s point of them following trends and choosing safe themes for their Songs. I’m just saying that this isn’t something to judge them for.

• Still a hard pill to swallow for some but definitely the time is ticking, they will STILL be big and have a BIG fanbase but it is getting boring. Army enlist round the corner too. I am actually looking forward to a more competitive kpop environment

• A whole BE album exists, literally released less that half a year ago.

Yoongi's mixtape also released during this time. And you're sitting here saying they can't sing about what they want anymore?

:clown:

The themes were pretty safe so i don’t get your point. They can’t sing about whatever you they want, this doesn’t mean they can’t sing about something.

• The themes were pretty safe so i don’t get your point. They can’t sing about whatever you they want, this doesn’t mean they can’t sing about something.

What is a theme that is not safe then in your opinion? Depression is a "safe" theme? What are they not allowed to sing about? Do you mean drugs or something like that? What make you think they would like to sing about those "forbidden" themes you're talking about?

How is making songs about themes no other Kpop groups sing about "safe"?

You're just saying non sense, just return listenning to songs about love relationships and breakups and leave bts alone.

• ARMY hear some quality music and not a in computer produced chaep pop.

and stop to living in BTS plastic world ( their MV are just plastic and green s.)

this BTS is History and will never come back. BTS are just like 80 years old rich men. nothing more.

they are so rich and fam. that they have nothing "to say" anymore.

don't you miss their real "voices" ?

• You DO know that you can hype up your fave without bringing BTS to the mix ? :dancer: Please do, you will look less obsessed.

Also why would I miss something that is still there ?

Stream SOTY

• now they are just a group of people who follow trends ..... and don't make their own.

I mean that's the same for kpop and well almost most of today's pop music as well .... so I don't get your point :/

even the videos you linked are not that out of the ordinary for kpop

• What is a theme that is not safe then in your opinion? Depression is a "safe" theme? What are they not allowed to sing about? Do you mean drugs or something like that? What make you think they would like to sing about those "forbidden" themes you're talking about?

How is making songs about themes no other Kpop groups sing about "safe"?

You're just saying non sense, just return listenning to songs about love relationships and breakups and leave bts alone.

Again I’m replying to OP and him trying to say that following trends, making music about what others want to here and sticking to the same theme is a bad thing. Check the correlation for Chris sake, if you take what I said as a stand-alone statement it won’t make sense yes lol. :rolleyes:

• Again I’m replying to OP and him trying to say that following trends, making music about what others want to here and sticking to the same theme is a bad thing. Check the correlation for Chris sake, if you take what I said as a stand-alone statement it won’t make sense yes lol. :rolleyes:

Yes and you agree with OP on their opinion about BTS' music since you said "I get what you mean" and then continue your post with taking what they said as a fact. You litterally said BTS privilege their image to making music about what they want. On what basis are you saying that?

• just because bts lost a grammy award it doesn't make them lose relevance and become nobody. That racist and xenophobic show doesn't determine their success. I didn't even bother to read your whole post because you're trolling but yeah, instead of doing this go help your faves by streaming, voting and supporting them because they'll keep fighting for some inkigayo win while bts remains as the one and only Korean act to be nominated and perform at grammys

• i don´t follow at all what BTS are doing and can´t speak about their music quality at all

but ain´t corona happening to ALL OF US?

why can´t they write about it if they want? they live in the same world honey

inspiration comes from wherever you want to come

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• bts must stop making music for army , for grammy , for covid , for me or for you ..........

they said last time about BE like this : an album for army , same about dynamite and LGO : songs for army .

what the hell is music for army . isn't all music for their fans or for the listeners in general ? isn't the purpose of the singers to be heard by more people ?

if the song is good i don't care for who it is or from who it is . i listen to it .

they can and must sing about fears and depressions but i don't need a statement from them that they have written a healing song for me. if i hear the song and it helps me then it is healing for me.

Some people will find these songs helpful, others won't, some will understand, others won't.

i don't need music from bts with instructions.

here this song you must listen when you are sad , this song you must listen when you have corona ....

they were not like that before.

they used to make music and we used to think about what they meant, what they thought, what they felt, what they wanted to say ...

They were mysterious, interesting.

everyone could hear his own truth, his own story in their songs.

• Yes and you agree with OP on their opinion about BTS' music since you said "I get what you mean" and then continue your post with taking what they said as a fact. You litterally said BTS privilege their image to making music about what they want. On what basis are you saying that?

First of all, saying that I get what you mean is not an agreement, it just means I get what you are trying to say.

Secondly I didn’t called anything a fact, nor did I said OP is talking facts because he is not lol.

I did not literally said what you just mentioned in your last part, so I don’t know how to reply to that. In fact I don’t even get it.

Let’s be honest here, you read my comment, didn’t fully understand what I meant or what I was referring to, so you just automatically assumed it must be something bad.

It’s ok I’m used to this by now.

• I did not literally said what you just mentioned in your last part, so I don’t know how to reply to that. In fact I don’t even get it.

I think BTS are at that point now were thinking about their image is more important than anything else

Secondly I didn’t called anything a fact, nor did I said OP is talking facts because he is not lol.

If you don't agree with OP then your post doesn't make any sense because you were trying to find justifications for what OP claimed which is BTS following trends etc. Why trying to find reasons for something that does not exist ?

• This thread contains 23 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!