Will Seventeen's first week sales record be ever broken? I doubt it

• Officially, the highest first week sales record was held by Adele , whose album "25" sold 3,378,000.

BTS just barely failed to break her record.

There is an unofficial fastest-selling album, namely John Fitzgerald Kennedy - A Memorial Album, released, as you would suppose, right after kennedy's assassination.

JFK memorial album sets record for sales
    On December 12, 1963, a vinyl long-playing record (“LP”) called John Fitzgerald Kennedy: A Memorial Album sets a record for album sales. A total of 4 million…
    www.history.com

It reportedly sold 4 million copies in 6 days (at that time stores were largely closed on sundays and there was no online sales). Costing 99 cents, which was not much money even back then, it included some clips of Kennedy's speeches and report of his assassination with no music tracks.

But now that record is broken by Seventeen, which sold 4,317,000 copies with 2 days remaining in their first week.

The closest rivals currently performing are Stray kids, 2.16 mil, and txt, 2.18 mil, less than half of SVT. So existing acts are unlikely to beat SVT's first week sales.

I personally am negative about BTS' prospects in 2026 (there would be no 2025 comeback). By then the pop scene will be dominated by others, and other hybe acts might be its biggest obstacle.

Since SVT sold more in the first week than anyone else in the history of humankind, it will never respect BTS again. Never.

• BTS just finished a sad excuse of a "tour" with 4.8M attendees and kpop stans truly think BTS have been surpassed in any way? But I can't blame them. Even their own label is working against them. :pepe-sad:

An afterglow, since they know BTS as they know it would not be back

• Y’all know damn well BTS had only 2 versions with no jewel cases or digipaks and they’re overpriced af.

Didn't you know? Only BTS and its members are thinking of the environment according to Hybe. :pepe-tea:

That's why they hid that scam $300 Proof version from shareholders and Hanteo/GAON to save the Earth. :pepe-notes:

• depends

if big company like HYBE or SM debuts new boy group which will have many members then I think it's possible to happen

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BTS just finished a sad excuse of a "tour" with 4.8M attendees and kpop stans truly think BTS have been surpassed in any way? But I can't blame them. Even their own label is working against them. :pepe-sad:

BTS haven't release a full album since 2020. We'll have to wait for another 2-3 years.. :emotionalpepe:

• Never say never!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BTS haven't release a full album since 2020. We'll have to wait for another 2-3 years.. :emotionalpepe:

I REALLY miss pre-HYBE days so fucking much. The laziness packed with extreme greed wouldn't have been so prevalent with BTS albums after July 2020. But I guess context doesn't matter lol

BE will really be (no pun intended lol) the last BTS album I own until 2025 and even when the new album comes out, I have reservations. Can't trust anything BigHit/Hybe says until I see the tracklist beforehand. So no pre-ordering BTS albums for me I'm afraid.

• I REALLY miss pre-HYBE days so fucking much. The laziness packed with extreme greed wouldn't have been so prevalent with BTS albums after July 2020. But I guess context doesn't matter lol

BE will really be (no pun intended lol) the last BTS album I own until 2025 and even when the new album comes out, I have reservations. Can't trust anything BigHit/Hybe says until I see the tracklist beforehand. So no pre-ordering BTS albums for me I'm afraid.

Before

Capture.JPG

After

1.JPG

Well, hopefully no more deluxe or expensive versions in the future... :pepe-comfy:

• Of course it will. Might be by Seventeen. Might be by someone else.

The way Kpop is selling right now, was unthinkable even three years ago. And then people were thinking it could only go down. I think it will only go up.

Now it's clear OP is saying this to get a rise out of ARMY, probably because OP is a jealous person.

Maybe focus on your faves instead of being pathetic and spiteful.

• You're saying like it's a 1:1 compassion with the adele and bts albums, when there is a little thing called a gimmick, some have more than others.

In that case, I don't know why it would be so much difficult for the groups mentioned to surpass them if they use the same tricks or more.

• I REALLY miss pre-HYBE days so fucking much. The laziness packed with extreme greed wouldn't have been so prevalent with BTS albums after July 2020. But I guess context doesn't matter lol

given the way Suga is acting, not until 2026

And Hybe did become very greedy, so the next album will just be like the previous one

• You're saying like it's a 1:1 compassion with the adele and bts albums, when there is a little thing called a gimmick, some have more than others.

In that case, I don't know why it would be so much difficult for the groups mentioned to surpass them if they use the same tricks or more.

Records are records and history will only record that Seventeen has the highest first week sales record of all time

If other companies use such gimmicks, I am fine with that

• Individual members furthering their own careers away from the group

Yeah they would not be enlisting in rapid succession and releasing albums so close apart if quick group comeback was not their goal. It is not just hollow words, their actions speak for themselves.

• given the way Suga is acting, not until 2026

And Hybe did become very greedy, so the next album will just be like the previous one

How is Suga acting? Are we talking about the same man who mentions BTS comeback every other day?

You do realise to comeback in 2025, BTS can easily easily release a well promoted single like Dynamite or Butter even by Nov 2025 and a full album in 2026 with a world tour.

• All I know is that no matter how much OP tries to assert that BTS will only have 5 remaining fans come 2025 (if they’re lucky, they might only have 2 fans if things go further south), they will always be relevant.

Case in point:

Two BTS members are in the military, 4th Gen groups are finding success, and Seventeen just broke an album sales record with their infinite versions and photo cards but all these are just accessories around the *real* subject matter in the OP:

- BTS failed

- BTS can’t

- BTS never will

As long as this is the main theme, no matter what records get broken, they’ll always be the main character.

• Yeah they would not be enlisting in rapid succession and releasing albums so close apart if quick group comeback was not their goal. It is not just hollow words, their actions speak for themselves.

Rapid ? RM and Jimin show no intention to enlist, and Jungkook will try to drag it to 2027, meaning the 2026 comeback will be BTS' final one. I don't see Jungkook extending his contract to wait for other members

• How is Suga acting? Are we talking about the same man who mentions BTS comeback every other day?

You do realise to comeback in 2025, BTS can easily easily release a well promoted single like Dynamite or Butter even by Nov 2025 and a full album in 2026 with a world tour.

Because Suga takes an 'alternative' service, he will serve for 21 months. I pointed this out before.

• Rapid ? RM and Jimin show no intention to enlist, and Jungkook will try to drag it to 2027, meaning the 2026 comeback will be BTS' final one. I don't see Jungkook extending his contract to wait for other members

RM and Jimin show no intention of enlisting? RM literally said that he was supposed to go with J-hope but just delayed it while Jimin already said that he will be enlisting this year...

• In 2021 BTS had conquered the world, and with the sole exception of IU, everyone on earth had submitted to its rule

In 2026 BTS will have to fight against the entire world who will fight to prevent its return

• I don’t even think BTS is the one breaking this record. Give stray kids 20 versions and this record will break

Mots7 record was bound to be broken seeing how Hybe has been releasing BTS albums with overpriced fewer versions, cashing in money with less effort.

BE selling 2M sales with one $50 version just shows armys could have broken Mots7 record even in the same year after dynamite. But Hybe for whatever reason didn’t capitalize on that

That company is shit :(

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!