Do you think Nmixx’s sales and charting are fraudulent?

• They have a huge gap between Melon and Genie. You don’t see Ive, Newjeans or Jisoo having a gap of 70 positions like this. Also, how is Nmixx Hanteo sales so close to Twice and Itzy already. You tell me Twice can sell out stadiums and Nmixx is only 20K away from outselling them on Hanteo? It doesn’t make sense. Is JYP manipulating their numbers?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lmao....you really think JYP will manipulating chart and sales? LMAO. What a joke

Nmixx is really at that critical point. If this song bombed, then they are done.

It like something is 80 or 90 for 4-5 days or drops out the top100. Then it shoots up to #4. Now conversely, most songs at the moment are sub-par.

Note that if they did do this time, it is not the first time. The last time was a long time back and apparently the fans decided to reward the group for working hard during their promotions. LOL. Nowaways it doesn't cost as much as well, since melon listeners have dropped.

• well i don't think because the song slowly climb on melon

but in the same time i don't really understand why there's such a big difference between how they are charting on Melon and how they are chartings on other charts like Genie or Flo

when usually when a song is doing well on Melon, their spot on melon is preetty close to thee spot they are on genie or FLO

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• or is it fandom just focusing on melon and gathering friends in school to help stream on melon?

External Content www.youtube.com

• or is it fandom just focusing on melon and gathering friends in school to help stream on melon?

could be

but Once is a much bigger fandom and even if they are streaming and focusing on Melon they can't even have such an impact on the charting of Twice latest song

so i doubt Nmixx fandom focusing on melon is enough big and strong to have any impact on the chart

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• could be

but Once is a much bigger fandom and even if they are streaming and focusing on Melon they can't even have such an impact on the charting of Twice latest song

so i doubt Nmixx fandom focusing on melon is enough big and strong to have any impact on the chart

the majority of NMIXX fandom might be middle-schoolers, high-schoolers so pretty sure it's easy to talk a friend from school/neighbourhood into listening to a song

also Genie is like a house of trot singers and boy groups

and yeah GG's dominate them but it happens when it's a hit hit song

I remember that in STAYC's case Genie was also 'late' with Teddy Bear rise

and one more thing that I've noticed is that NMIXX new release kind of 'over-peaked' itself

it should be 10, maybe 8 but then somehow in one-two good days those UL's were added, and some peak happened like that, and then after some days it repeated once again and got even higher

maybe good encore stage, and Sullyoon MCing MuCore also helped?

External Content www.youtube.com

• also Genie is like a house of trot singers and boy groups

and yeah GG's dominate them but it happens when it's a hit hit song

I remember that in STAYC's case Genie was also 'late' with Teddy Bear rise

and even Fifty fifty cupid is charting higher than Love me like this on Flo and Genie

while charting less better than Nmixx on Melon they are currently at #33 there

but their charting on genie and flo is pretty similar to their Melon charting

and cupid listener might be middle schooler - high schooler considering that it's a viral song

and i disagree with you about genie being the house of trot singer and BG and GG doing well just when it's a big hit

because most of the time even GG nugu succeed in charting on genie, and flo

and actually GG are usually entering the top 10 on these charts before they even enter the top 10 on MElon

fraudulent or not, we'll never know what is true or not

and i'm happy for them for charting so well because it's actually the only gg song this year i like and it deserve to do so well

but me liking the song, doesn't mean that i can't discuss about the fact that the way it's charting on emon and other chart is very different from how usually GG songs are charting

• If they were fraudulent they would have been from debut they didn't need to wait till now

You don’t think them selling 400K at debut is weird? especially when O.O is not a hit. Like their debut at that time sold more than Itzy comeback, and Itzy has been here for 3 years.

• You don’t think them selling 400K at debut is weird? especially when O.O is not a hit. Like their debut at that time sold more than Itzy comeback, and Itzy has been here for 3 years.

Honestly? Surprised yes

Thinking it's weird? For some reason not really? Like yes I think it's really dumb that people would get an album they know nothing of but it didn't really occurred to me that the sales were fake or anything.

• You don’t think them selling 400K at debut is weird? especially when O.O is not a hit. Like their debut at that time sold more than Itzy comeback, and Itzy has been here for 3 years.

well there's nothing weird

People buy it because they thought nmixx will debut with a big hit and the album will become a collector

Other people are just companies stan, like i saw so many users here buy it just because it was a jyp GG

The hype of a new GG

• It's extremely strange and I can't think of any explanation for the chart positions

But I will pretend like it's not because I love the group and they deserve it :melon_think:

• #EVERYONEKNOWS regarding the other group.

However generally, 99.9% of the time, jpy is organic, but if they flopped this time, its over.

jpy needs to write them a song, rather than use songwriters with multiple personalities.

• It's a little unusual. But Genie is the outlier here, not Melon. 23 on Flo, 16 on Vibe, 9 on Bugs, 20 on YT, those are a lot closer to 6 on Melon than 60 on Genie.

One could actually argue the opposite, that someone is manipulating Genie against NMIXX.

Screenshot 2023-04-16 213616.png

That's a possibility

And i don't think saying jyp is manipulating or their charting is fraudulent is good

But more like it make me doubtful

Because i tried to compare with other songs who reached the top 10

And songs who reach the top 10 on melon also usually have 50k-100k likes showing the love that user have for the song and they gain this at a pretty fast pace

And like someone notice it here

LMLT have 38k likes

And cupid who's at #47 on melon and is going kind of viral have 36k liked while never breaking it to the top 10

Teddy bear also have 58K likes but i thought that it was not a good comparison to use the actual liked of teddy bear because it was release earlier and stay in the top 10 for a long moment so it could have give them the exposure to gain likes at a fast pace

So i tried to see other gg songs who have a pretty much similar popularity than NMIXX, who's the song wasn't a hit and who are currently charting much lower

And the things who come the closest was stayc "poppy" (korean version)

The song stayed at #80-100 on melon since its release but they have pretty much the same likes than LMLT

And to make it more fair i even compare it to DICE numbers just because i didn't want to doubt it without even comparing it with how they used to perform with their past songs

and Dice reached 40k likes in 41 days and the song never peaked higher than #50

And LMLT is already reaching their 30th day of release , didn't reach 40k likes yet but is in the top 10 for almost 1 week already

I don't want to say it's fraudulent or they manipulate the chart because it would be dumb to do some accusations like this without real evidence

But i can't deny that like you said it is very unusual the way LMLT is performing

• A very detail take, they're really the odd one out so there is no surprise people doubting it

• I don't think that their charting is manipulated. It would be way to risky since melon is under Kakao hands.

But their high sales are indeed bit weird. I didn't hear anything that Nmixx have a big Chinese fanbase.

And their Fandom seems to me a wide jyp company Stan collection.

But their sales already matching itzy and Twice?

That is indeed weird.

• JYP wouldn’t spend a penny “rigging” stuff, the company is all about profit profit profit.

Also the reason why their sales are so close to TWICE’s on Hanteo is because a big portion of Twice’s sales come from the US and Japan, where most stores aren’t Hanteo certified. My guess is that their Korean fans and C-bars are carrying the sales.

TWICE

30glhdbncad91.gif

• i guess JYP is really bad at rigging award show

Because Itzy never receive the daesang that jyp "rigged" for them

Which daesang ? They don’t even have one please

i meant bonsang

The '35th Golden Disc Awards' faces score rigging allegation
    Netizens are speculating that the '35th Golden Disc Awards' might have been rigged. On January 9th, the winners of the 'Digital S…
    www.allkpop.com

• I don't think so? For sales, I heard they do a lot of fan sign/video call/giveaway events and pre-order benefits. Not sure how much they have compared to other JYP groups though. Any JYP group stans here?

• A very detail take, they're really the odd one out so there is no surprise people doubting it

Yeah the songs is really really good so if they achieve this number normally good for them because love me like this deserve it but i can't deny that there's so many things who are making me having doubts

Like Dice reach 5M stream in 21 days on Melon

which means they basically reached it around october 10th

And the 11th, the song was at #52 on melon

Meanwhile the tweet is saying LMLT reach 5.2M stream in 2 days so basically it was the 8th-9th april

And the 9th april they enter the top 10 of melon

So i can't deny that i do find this odd that LMLT is reaching top 10 with similar number of stream than their previous song had when they were at #52

And i still did compare to see how much gg entering top 10 have as stream and stayC with teddy bear had around 10M streams in around 20-25 days

So yes i do think having questions and doubt is legitimate considering all of these

Especially if nobody is able to give an explanation to this

Edited once, last by SooYoung ().

• Maybe there are ways to boost promotions for a song on the separate streaming platforms, just like it's possible with Spotify and youtube, and maybe JYP chose to boost promotion purely on Melon?

From what I understood, active fanbase size isn't much of an influence on the k-charts. Because if that were the case, all the top boy groups that have larger fanbases by default would chart a lot better than they do.

But about the album sales, I don't see anything odd since all the groups, even rookie groups and especially Big 4 groups, experience huge album sales these days. So it's not that strange to see NMIXX experience the same. As for hanteo, let's wait for the gaon numbers, iirc not all groups use hanteo affiliated stores to the same extent and TWICE were 1 of those groups that used hanteo less => so the gap between album sales might turn out to be far larger in Gaon between TWICE and NMIXX.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• So the streams, the likes are basically the same as their previous comeback (or a bit higher), only the rank, hourly uls and daily uls are way higher. So they have more than 200k uls to stream all day but not alot of them leave a like? Could be the same people streaming all day tho xD

• Maybe there are ways to boost promotions for a song on the separate streaming platforms, just like it's possible with Spotify and youtube, and maybe JYP chose to boost promotion purely on Melon?

From what I understood, active fanbase size isn't much of an influence on the k-charts. Because if that were the case, all the top boy groups that have larger fanbases by default would chart a lot better than they do.

But about the album sales, I don't see anything odd since all the groups, even rookie groups and especially Big 4 groups, experience huge album sales these days. So it's not that strange to see NMIXX experience the same. As for hanteo, let's wait for the gaon numbers, iirc not all groups use hanteo affiliated stores to the same extent and TWICE were 1 of those groups that used hanteo less => so the gap between album sales might turn out to be far larger in Gaon between TWICE and NMIXX.

Their debut album sales are nothing weird, it due to the hype of a new JYP group and their members review (twice and itzy's sisters...) but what is weird is their comeback sales. They're increasing so much like they've a really successfully debut and comeback while you can see it wasn't the case. For gg, you really need some success (especially charting) to increase your fanbase and not losing your current fans but I can see alot of people were disappointed and left, their social media engagements are low compare to what they have pre-debut and debut days so increasing in sales in a good junk of amount is weird. You can debate that they're gaining fans due to their good performances but I think it's kinda balance it out with the amount of people who's leaving.

• Their debut album sales are nothing weird, it due to the hype of a new JYP group and their members review (twice and itzy's sisters...) but what is weird is their comeback sales. They're increasing so much like they've a really successfully debut and comeback while you can see it wasn't the case. For gg, you really need some success (especially charting) to increase your fanbase and not losing your current fans but I can see alot of people were disappointed and left, their social media engagements are low compare to what they have pre-debut and debut days so increasing in sales in a good junk of amount is weird. You can debate that they're gaining fans due to their good performances but I think it's kinda balance it out with the amount of people who's leaving.

prolly people love real talents and big wave is so popular on tiktok rn

• I don't think that their charting is manipulated. It would be way to risky since melon is under Kakao hands.

But their high sales are indeed bit weird. I didn't hear anything that Nmixx have a big Chinese fanbase.

And their Fandom seems to me a wide jyp company Stan collection.

But their sales already matching itzy and Twice?

That is indeed weird.

Their debut album sales are nothing weird, it due to the hype of a new JYP group and their members review (twice and itzy's sisters...) but what is weird is their comeback sales. They're increasing so much like they've a really successfully debut and comeback while you can see it wasn't the case. For gg, you really need some success (especially charting) to increase your fanbase and not losing your current fans but I can see alot of people were disappointed and left, their social media engagements are low compare to what they have pre-debut and debut days so increasing in sales in a good junk of amount is weird. You can debate that they're gaining fans due to their good performances but I think it's kinda balance it out with the amount of people who's leaving.

their sales is the less odd thing and even less their comeback album

the only reason why their pre-debut content have so many engagement is because a lot of non fans was engaging with their content during pre-debut because they were hype for their debut and same for their debut

their engagement on social media decrease with DICE because non fans who were excited for their debut, didn't check their comeback because they knew that the group wasn't for them after O.O

and actually the fact that you have to be really successfull especially in charting to increase your fanbase and sales is wrong

look at ITZY for example who's another gg of JYP, their charting recently have never been more bad with cheshire doing poorly in korea, and their success internationally decreasing comparing to the numbers they used to do during wannabe etc...

that didn't stop them from growing in physicals sales

actually more than success in chart, the fan content like social media presence and content on youtube etc... is more important because it helpt to create a link with the fans and fans are always ready to stan a group who give them a lot of content

so there's nothing odd or surprising about NMIXX sales, especially in the recent years where KPOP saw a huge growth in term of physical sales and where 1M album is starting to because the norm for pretty big GG

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!