Fans of SM groups, how do you feel about the whole HYBE/Kakao/SM thing going on?

• I was wondering about it, do you feel conflicted or concerned, do you have a preference of how things will go?

Maybe it's me, but personally I don't really care about it, as long as my fave groups and artists will continue to have their music and are content with their career activities. Up till now I've watched the whole conflict made public with sort of a distant bemusement: somewhat puzzled, somewhat amused, somewhat entertained.

Having SM groups among your main bias groups, to me it doesn't mean you'd care that much about their company aside from the fact that they'll provide comebacks and content for them. As long as that keeps going on, I'm indifferent about the other changes.

Or should people feel different about it? :whatb:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• As long as my favs release the same quality music and good solo promotions that SM usually gives them and they are happy with it, Idgf what Hybe is or what they do.

My business is with the idols periodT.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Here is a million page discussion on it

• I dont care. What will be will be.

If I had a vote though, I'd pick the SM3.0 route. I just think it's a better path forward for them as a business and if it goes well will set them up for long-term sustained success. Underperforming groups would be at risk, but I'm really only a fan of Aespa, RV and Taeyeon so I think they'd be fine, and probably better off in the 3.0 system.

Either way, I hope they continue to have the same sort of ingredients to their upcoming groups. The quirky, slightly experimental nature of their music, the amazing SM bridges as a twist, and the vocal slayage (harmonisations and the balance they have in each group).

• No matter how this will end SM will become subsidiary either under Kakao or Hybe

like it or not we all should be concerned because it will determined the future activities of our faves

3.0 plans sound good by the cover however after following the news and watching their proposal videos there are many points that concerned me:

- CL tried to do emotional manipulation to persuade the public which mean he is not fit to be the leader

-2/3 SM new proposed inside directors are coming from the dept that has been the weakest in SM

- on how CL accepts nomination for becoming external director

- Align partners CEO (yes the one feeding SM into the sharks) becoming one of the external directors

- CL gives Kakao shady distribution deal that benefits them instead of the artist

- Align saying that they will supporting Kakao if they want to getting 100% of SM shares (which means welcome to another slave contracts)

- aespa will be pushed down on their priority list the moment SMNGG debuts (possibly other acts too) because the former were made by LSM.

- the plan to release more than 40 albums means there're will be overlapping promotions again

- on how Kakao treated all companies that under them

I have come to realization that SM 3.0 will be the same like SM old leadership (because there're no signs that Kakao will get rid of the current management) or might be worst

but still I need Kakao to have some significant shares (but not getting the management rights) in SM in order for them to not sabotaging SM artist

As aespa stan I choose lesser evil Hybe, at least I think they will treat aespa smarter & promote them better (Hybe is known to implement performance based reward systems,). Although there're concerns that aespa won't be treated better than NWJNS (100% owned) and LSRF (80% owned)

• I don't like it

SHINee has been open about their struggle with the management and their fights against them.

Over the years they have modified their contact and work structure in a way that suits them.

Whether Hybe buys share or Kakao there is no guarantee they will honor the special arrangement SHINee has.

But they are smart ones, I'm sure they already lawyered up to protect their rights.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'd take Kakao over HYBE, HYBE already said they want a new board of directors and have comebacks determined by like merit points, so I think that's going to stop a lot of the solo albums from coming out, also a restructuring will take time and that means EXO's comeback could be delayed which is unacceptable to me.

The supposed timetable that SM put out this year (and that timetable was made with Kakao ownership in mind) looked awesome (except for no Chanyeol, but it's not a complete timetable), and I don't want HYBE coming in and upending all that. I want my 5 EXO solos (at least) and a full group comeback!

• SM must be the most important company out there because Kakao is openly fighting HYBE over it and just announced publicly that they would buy the shares at 4x what hybe was offering

Are u fucking serious?

There is no end to this

SHINee plz think hard before signing anything

External Content www.youtube.com

• As a Sone I really don't care what happens with SM and hybe/Kakao as their not regularly active as a group and individually theyre doing very well. SNSD isn't the sole property of SM anymore as 3 if them are in other labels so they're obviously not going to have regular CBs no matter who is in charge. As for the 5 in SM they've shown they can all succeed with or without SM so outside of being blacklisted they can carry on as usual if they're put in the dungeon or they leave.

• I don’t have any preference between the HYBE and Kakao. I just hope whoever takes over the artists will be okay (no disbandments or delaying comebacks).

I doubt this will ever happen with both of these 🤡🤡🤡🤡 companys looking to spend billions of dollars to buy sm as they bid against each other on who has more money. They will want a return on investment fast after burning that much cash. They'd likely tell everyone in sm to start a comeback even the random staff will ve turned into kpop idols 🤡🤣

• I wish it was over tbh. Either way things will change and it remains to be seen if it's a good change or a bad change.

The longer it goes on the higher likelihood of releases being delayed and I want at least one comeback from full EXO before Kai and Sehun enlist. (because I'm selfish like that lol)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!