Since there are more Chan threads today, we might as well discuss this one thing about him…

• …this man is the definition of an ace.

Let's begin with his role as a producer since he seems to be the most known for that among non-fans.

He has 113 credits to his name in KOMCA (and this doesn't include the countless songs sitting on his laptop). He achieved that in not even 4 years, making him one of the most prolific idol producers. He has worked on almost every song the group has released; as a lyricist, composer, and even arranger. He is constantly working on songs, not just in his studio, but also on planes, while waiting at music shows, and even at award shows' waiting rooms (Scars was one of those songs). He is always ready to support his group with his skills: If someone wants to record a cover, he'll help him do it. He helps them in their own creative endeavours; he has arranged almost all original SKZ-PLAYER/RECORD songs (with the sole exceptions of All Night and Little Star). He also supports them in learning songwriting; such is Hyunjin, who isn't in 3RACHA, but is nevertheless interested in writing his own songs. He has written and recorded several songs with Chan's help, such as the soft emotional "Spring", the lighthearted "Sway", the sultry and jazzy "Beautiful", a waltz song, an unnamed emotional rnb song, and of course the most well known one, Red Lights. As you can see from this too, Chan has an incredible ability to adapt to whatever the group needs or wants.

I cannot forget to mention that outside producers who have worked with 3RACHA also talk about how talented these three are and how refreshing it is to work with them.

And I also want to point out that "Slump" which was used as the ending theme of the anime "Tower of God" was made by him and Han only. (It's also very touching and sad and almost made me cry.) You already need to to be very good for a big company to allow you to have such far-reaching creative control, then imagine being responsible for a song that's going to be used on a highly anticipated show.

Lastly on this topic, I want to say that he's also the main recording director of most SKZ songs and has a sound engineering credit (on Red Lights) too.

Moving on, his vocals. They're gorgeous. Not only is his vocal colour very unique, versatile, and pleasant, but the years of training also show very well.

While he tends not to put himself in the spotlight a lot, that doesn't make his vocals any less amazing.

To begin with, his vocal range is very impressive, and one of the widest in Stray Kids; he can both hit high notes and go surprisingly low with his voice. If you listen to Stray Kids' discography, you'll hear it. You'll also encounter a lot of background vocals by him. Thanks to his capability and range, he does those harmonies often.

Another thing about his singing that is often brought up are his harmonies. If you watch his lives, you'll see that he harmonizes with songs he's playing with ease. He also does it sometimes during live performances with their own songs. It's suspected that he has perfect pitch or similar, so that definitely helps. (This man was born for music, wasn't he… )

Talking about live performances, he is very stable on stage—I'm glad Stray kids take pride in singing live all the time. He is also known to perform on most music shows without in-ears.

Last but not least, he can express emotions with his voice amazingly. From his sweet, desperate lines in "3rd Eye", his angelic and resigning vocal in "Voices", his soft, yet broken sounding delivery in "Ex", to his dark and powerful performance in "Red Lights", he can do anything.

Of course, he also raps, not so much as he used to pre-debut, but he does. I think what's most notable about him in this aspect are his insistence on writing bilingual lyrics (cue up Cypher I), his ability to create and deliver emotional and raw lyrics (one of the reasons his "lazy rap" style fits him well), and his confident aura and stage presence. Reading his 3RACHA lyrics I feel like I learn more about him as a person, while as a member of Stray Kids in intros with 3RACHA for instance, it's like he embodies the passion of the entire group.

Now, his dance. I don't think many people nowadays know this, but when Stray Kids used to have official positions, dance was also among Chan's positions. It's easy to see why, the years of training paid off well. His moves always look satisfying to watch; always sharp enough, always fluid enough. Dance is not his main focus yet he still draws you in with that too. He can embody any song well, if it requires gracefulness, he'll be graceful, if it needs power he'll be powerful, if it requires a certain sassiness he'll have that—there is no concept or style that makes him look out of place.

I also must mention that I'm yet to figure out how he can jump over members with such ease in certain choreographies…is he a kangaroo, or what?

Last but not least, I've touched upon this already: he is a very good performer. He sings live, and has charisma you can't ignore on stage. Watching videos where they perform for an audience, he also knows well how to interact with them. Whatever he does always feels natural and a joy to watch.

In conclusion, Chan amazes me every day with his talent and I want everyone to recognise him for them.

• Omg all of this is so true

He's so passionate about music. And being around people who are truly passionate and dedicated about what they do is very inspiring and contagious, so it's not surprising that the entire group and their bond radiate a lot of positive energy.

You put it so well :lover1:

Shared passion is at the core of Stray Kids. It's also something that can build amazing bonds between the correct people.

• cle19

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • you described him perfectly. He is all of that and more. As a leader, producer, writer, idol, etc, he juggles a lot of those things well while spoiling fans with constant interactions from vlives and such. And he still keeps on learning to improve on every aspect . He is incredibly admirable <3

I often wonder, how does he find the time for all of this? He's something else entirely

• Every point you mentioned here *chef's kiss*

The dude's talent is so multifaceted that you can feel it everywhere.

When you mentioned his dancing I felt it. He's an excellent performer, he exudes charisma, stage presence and charms. When I first became a Stay, I got obsessed with watching his fancams 'cause I was totally drawn to his charisma on stage. Crazy!

Also, when you mentioned his vocals. His vocal colors are among the most interesting I've heard in Kpop. It blends well with everything, solo singing, group singing, harmonies...

I feel like he's not appreciated enough for his sweet vocals, so thanks for mentioning this!

• Also, when you mentioned his vocals. His vocal colors are among the most interesting I've heard in Kpop. It blends well with everything, solo singing, group singing, harmonies...

I feel like he's not appreciated enough for his sweet vocals, so thanks for mentioning this!

His vocal colour is so full in a way I don't hear often in kpop, somehow.

There is so much to appreciate about his vocals! Even when he was part of that "All I Want For Christmas Is You" stage, I saw so many non-stays being surprised that he can sing like that (also Seungmin).

• This is so sweet and made my heart melt. All of it is true though. He's more talented and hardworking than I think he gives himself credit for. Yes, he is a kangaroo. Explains the jumping part for sure. I know he may not be the best on a technical level, but I still really like his singing voice and how much emotion he puts into it. I remember when I first listened to God's Menu and his voice stood out the most to me, in the best way possible. If I hear him say that is singing isn't that good one more time, I'm going to go crazy.

I'll admit that when you said he knows how to entertain an audience on stage, as true as it is, I chuckled a bit because I remembered when they were promoting "Victory Song" and he would always try to lift up his shirt and show off his abs. You're not wrong about that. Then when he watches a performance when he did that, he turns into Shy ChanTM. It's funny to me for no reason.

you described him perfectly. He is all of that and more. As a leader, producer, writer, idol, etc, he juggles a lot of those things well while spoiling fans with constant interactions from vlives and such. And he still keeps on learning to improve on every aspect . He is incredibly admirable <3

Agree with all of this. Sometimes I think about how busy he is and realize I could never juggle even half of the things that he does and still do it even a fraction of how good he does it.

I could literally write how much I love Chan and it would be better than all the essays I've done in my life <3

As someone who loves to write, I felt this on a spiritual level. If I had gotten more assignments to write about a person I admire, I might get a 100% on all of them easily.

This reminded me of how he said that he can't believe people watch his fancams because he thinks he's not a good dancer. Oh how wrong he was. Then Stays started streaming his fancams. I should go do that actually. He needs to learn that he is not a bad dancer at all and that people actually like watching him. I agree. I've mentioned this before, but usually when people praise him, it's for his producing or leadership or caring so much about Stray Kids and Stays. While none of that is bad at all, I feel like sometimes his vocals get forgotten about in the midst of all that so I get really happy whenever people mention said vocals. I think that covers everything. Have a great day/night!

• When I got into Stray Kids I was obsessed with this fancam and I wasn't even a fan yet nor I used to like fancams.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There's just something about God's Menu Bang Chan...

• When I got into Stray Kids I was obsessed with this fancam and I wasn't even a fan yet nor I used to like fancams.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There's just something about God's Menu Bang Chan...

There really is. God's Menu Bang Chan popped off and did not hold back. I love it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!