why do mass shootings keep happening?

• I haven't been to America for a while, but I keep hearing news from my relatives there about how they don't want to send their kids to public schools because of this. I know for a fact that other countries allow guns too (i.e Mexico, Philippines) and they don't have this problem at all. For me what gets me the most is that it's mostly teenagers who pick up guns and go crazy, it's not like everyone who has a gun does this. Are kids just mad o

• What do you mean why they keep happening

Because we aren't even slightly trying to stop it.

Those countries also have gun control and doesn't have multiple states selling guns in walmart without checks. They haven't normalized everyone owning ak47s.

We forgot uvalde already and that community only pretended to care for like a month about an elementary school before voting for abbott(the person who runs texas, tried to cover up the shooting, and went to an nra show the next day after the shooting) once again.

Let's be real, we've been conditioned to think this is normal and other countries are just worst than us.

• its shocking to me how dehumanized society has become. It's like we just forget abt things in 1 second and move on. I think our individualism makes us not care about society as a whole, it's sad.

• its shocking to me how dehumanized society has become. It's like we just forget abt things in 1 second and move on. I think our individualism makes us not care about society as a whole, it's sad.

I wouldn't say other countries are quite as bad as the US when it comes to individualism but it is extremely toxic for the US. Granted you can say this has always been a thing, given in the 80s and before it was normal to kick 18 year olds out and have them live in shacks as the Right Thing to do because family is apparently useless to Americans. I don't know many other countries so willing to say fuck everyone I'm out for myself quite like the US

• America has a sexual gun fetish. There’s no other explanation

I don’t know why there can be gun stores on the high street or guns available to buy in the same department stores you can buy clothes, tech or groceries like Walmart. It’s so ridiculously easy to have access to guns compared to say here in uk where you need to show actual reason for owning a gun (farmer, army etc) and then have multiple assessments, interviews and regular license renewals. Combine ease of access with various trigger that can cause people to snap under normal circumstances (hate, anger, depression, abuse etc) and it’s no wonder there’s so many mass shootings.

The worst part is how America don’t care at all. There’s been multiple school shootings where children have been killed and yet each and every time without fail there’s never a serious decision to look inward and ponder the idea of banning guns for general public, that’s seen as a step too far and a breach of their constitutional rights. New Zealand had the mosque shooting a few years ack and they almost immediately banned certain assault rifles (why public even had access to military grade guns is a mystery) I guess dead children is an easy price to pay to sleep peacefully next to your gun.

• I wouldn't say other countries are quite as bad as the US when it comes to individualism but it is extremely toxic for the US. Granted you can say this has always been a thing, given in the 80s and before it was normal to kick 18 year olds out and have them live in shacks as the Right Thing to do because family is apparently useless to Americans. I don't know many other countries so willing to say fuck everyone I'm out for myself quite like the US

I mean, people in suburbs and stuff had a sense of community with each other, now there are more social problems and people with resentment and all kinds of ideologies. As for ppl kicking others out of homes, you should understand that back then, America was the type of place where if u could hold down a minimum wage job or something similar, you could still buy a house or a car so it was just an expectation that ppl would move out sooner because they could. Now its not like that and the boomer gen still thinks its the 90s.

• I haven't been to America for a while, but I keep hearing news from my relatives there about how they don't want to send their kids to public schools because of this. I know for a fact that other countries allow guns too (i.e Mexico, Philippines) and they don't have this problem at all. For me what gets me the most is that it's mostly teenagers who pick up guns and go crazy, it's not like everyone who has a gun does this. Are kids just mad o

as someone who's in LA and seen the effects of the Monterrey Park shooting it's terrible

like no matter what laws are imposed, nothing can be done. Sure the US has lenient laws but California (where the Half Moon Bay & Monterrey Park massacres occurred) has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation yet those 2 incidents happened

i don't know what they can do at this point

as a LA high school student, im : SCARED & TIRED of this shit

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• I've been to la many times and I did summer school there too, let me just say that it's not what it was even 10 years ago. There is a problem w crime in general, homelessness, drug addicts etc... My cousin almost got stabbed at a gas station in some hood there. I think it's just a fact that if you become a rich state you will produce inequality and ppl will go mad. Newsom can't fix it, Caitlyn Jenner can't fix it (lol) its a global problem imo.

• I've been to la many times and I did summer school there too, let me just say that it's not what it was even 10 years ago. There is a problem w crime in general, homelessness, drug addicts etc... My cousin almost got stabbed at a gas station in some hood there. I think it's just a fact that if you become a rich state you will produce inequality and ppl will go mad. Newsom can't fix it, Caitlyn Jenner can't fix it (lol) its a global problem imo.

homelessness is just idk even know what to say at this point

idk what can be done for the US or LA at this point

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• Maybe the life is a bit harder for "outsiders" in US and also people with mental health problems don't get the right help.

Also, US is a big contry and the contry in the world that get's the biggest media attention in the world. Thing that happens in US always get to the news so people hear about them more easily than things that happen in other contries. If I remeber correctly it was a shooting in russia not long ago, not sure how many heard about that. (not the war....)

• I mean, people in suburbs and stuff had a sense of community with each other, now there are more social problems and people with resentment and all kinds of ideologies. As for ppl kicking others out of homes, you should understand that back then, America was the type of place where if u could hold down a minimum wage job or something similar, you could still buy a house or a car so it was just an expectation that ppl would move out sooner because they could. Now its not like that and the boomer gen still thinks its the 90s.

Well yes there's that, but it was also the social standard that was ignorant of the fact that 18 isn't fully developed nor on the same level of say a 30 year old. Not to mention other countries and cultures didn't do that either back then, and see the idea of throwing your child out before schooling is even done is weird. It wasn't just because it was cheaper to do back then, it was culturally expected to do. That's why there's so many 45+ folks that cannot understand why 18 year olds aren't instantly moving out. It was supposed to make them more ''independent''.

The most helping our neighbor in the past we did in the US was letting people borrow a cup of sugar, we sure asf were not as nice as people seem to think. US history is dark inside and outside the US, I think people forget because the US is always on some shit.

The change is the same people who were looking out only for themselves, now have very deadly guns, that weren't always around and freely handed out like candy because there's crap like the gunshow loophole. Other countries with guns have gun control, we do not.

• America: no real gun control --> mass shootings

Europe: strict gun control --> 1 mass shooting like every 10-15 years

Hmm what could be the reason for all the mass shootings in America?

• as far as i am aware its because mentally deranged people have easy acess to guns

i mean i am from europe and ive seen a gun maybe once or twice in my life in real life

EU have pretty bad immigrant problems tho. In Sweden there have been 13 bomb attacks in 25 days. Reported yesterday.

• maybe mental healt issues, depression, school bullying, poverty, feeling you are not accepted to society and desire for revenge

Those things happens everywhere though. A friend of mine was bullied in school and he didn't go Terminator on all of us.

Like I said earlier it's those situations plus the guns. I mean mass shooting is hint.

• Those things happens everywhere though. A friend of mine was bullied in school and he didn't go Terminator on all of us.

Like I said earlier it's those situations plus the guns. I mean mass shooting is hint.

Mass stabbing also happen in eu. I remember few of them.

• Mass stabbing also happen in eu. I remember few of them.

Yes, there were lots of stabbings among teens in the UK over dumb social media beef. But stabbings are much harder to pull off especially against a group of people. You don't hear about multiple school stabbings almost ever in other countries but you hear about about school shootings every month.

• Mass stabbing also happen in eu. I remember few of them.

Mass Shootings by Country 2023 - Wisevoter
    Mass shootings have sadly become a common occurrence in the world, plaguing countries from all continents. In 2019 and 2020, numerous mass shootings have…
    wisevoter.com

pasted-from-clipboard.pngpasted-from-clipboard.png

I can promise you, the mass stabbings are still no where near to the same degree as US shootings.

Stabbing Deaths by Country 2023 - Wisevoter
    Death by stabbing is a tragically common occurrence in the world today. It is one of the leading causes of violent deaths, ranking in the top three alongside…
    wisevoter.com

Also, the majority of mass shooters weren't being bullied and were instead radicalized online by groups that praise the columbine massacre/are alt right.

• https://wisevoter.com/country-…ass-shootings-by-country/

pasted-from-clipboard.pngpasted-from-clipboard.png

I can promise you, the mass stabbings are still no where near to the same degree as US shootings.

https://wisevoter.com/country-…abbing-deaths-by-country/

Also, the majority of mass shooters weren't being bullied and were instead radicalized online by groups that praise the columbine massacre/are alt right.

Finland actually have more shootings than United States if you divide it by capita . They have 60x more people so 3 x 60 = 180. :pepewash:

• Its way past gun control now.

For those of you asking to ban AR15 etc, I have a serious question-How do you propose to get the more than 29million in circulation back? Yes some will voluntarily turn them in but for the most part people wont. They arent required to be registered so you dont know who has them. (There are some sales records for recent purchases but for the most part older guns have no records)

• Finland actually have more shootings than United States if you divide it by capita . They have 60x more people so 3 x 60 = 180. :pepewash:

Gun Deaths by Country 2023

Bring a list of mass shootings in finland, because this is all I can find; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…Mass_shootings_in_Finland

Compare to the US;

https://www.axios.com/2023/01/25/mass-shootings-us-2023-more-than-days

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/06/02/mass-shootings-in-2022/

Tell me how many shootings Finland has per year.

• It is between 0 to 1. If we adjust it by us capita it is between 0 or 60. It is pretty hard to compare because population difference is huge

• It is between 0 to 1. If we adjust it by us capita it is between 0 or 60. It is pretty hard compare because population difference is huge

So you don't know the number and have no sources, yet the highest you can wager is 60.

Compared to the 600+ the US has yearly.

Lmao, tell me how many days is in a year again? How many shootings daily that rounds up to?

• So you don't know the number and have no sources, yet the highest you can wager is 60.

Compared to the 600+ the US has yearly.

Lmao, tell me how many days is in a year again? How many shootings daily that rounds up to?

I used your personal source. It said us got 101 overall

• Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 12.45.01 PM.png

All credit to the onion and harambelives

____

It's more than just stricter gun control laws at the point, at least IMO, though they should be a minimum of what we see. And I'm not going to blame it on video games etc. There is however a very scary type of fetishism around these incidents. While of course it's always going to be major news, there are people who see and worship these crimes - including the notoriety it brings these killers.

To the point, we have documentaries and programs galore circulated to the public that chronicle these crimes and more importantly, show how they did it. And with the US pussyfooting around the right to bear arms, the steps those people who committed such heinous crimes, can still be taken with little if any at all deviation. Someone brought up California - do you know how easy it is to drive laterally outside of California and purchase a gun? Las Vegas is 2 hours drive from LA and last time I was there you could buy a gun on the Vegas strip. You're not getting searched driving across state lines as you would if these were country borders. Not preventable MY ASS.

• The link to that one even said 2023. You know, the year we are a month into.

https://www.insider.com/number…-america-this-year-2022-5

I wonder how 101 all time suddenly jump into 600+ in single year? That other data was only school shootings? Because I know three cases from Finland School shootings. One is 89 second 07 and third one happened in 08. First one was 14 years old second 18 y old and third 22 y old. 89 killed two people. 07 and 08 cases killed like 10 people and then commit suicide.

• Seriously? Sweden?? I haven't heard of that

Yeah it have been like that years. Even police is scared moving alone there.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah it have been like that years. Even police is scared moving alone there.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oh wow, I wasn't aware of that. I guess I've been ignorant in thinking that all of Scandinavia is generally peaceful.

• Guns are too readily available and the US need to take a leaf out of our books here in Australia. We have never had another massacre since Port Arthur in '96 when we introduced our gun buy back scheme. We got the right idea, I think America need to do the same and have tougher gun laws or they'll keep having shootings. Imo, they are a trigger happy land.

• Its way past gun control now.

For those of you asking to ban AR15 etc, I have a serious question-How do you propose to get the more than 29million in circulation back? Yes some will voluntarily turn them in but for the most part people wont. They arent required to be registered so you dont know who has them. (There are some sales records for recent purchases but for the most part older guns have no records)

lot of places put in a buy back program (gov offers you money for giving the guns away)

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!