Babymonster already outviewing NewJeans. Should NewJeans be concerned?

• The engagements are crazy. 1 hour and a reposted vid on Twitter got 500K views. Their Youtube views are surpassing NewJeans comeback MVs. People are already calling Ahyeon the next it girl. Should NewJeans watch out?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• not really low, they are on par with other 4 gen gg like IVE and Lesserafim.

it just means the hype for BM is really big though.

Ive? I check after like teasers and they have good engagement, their teasers in Twitter even got 3m views

Idk about lsfrm bc I don't follow them but I remember sakura got a lot of likes bc it's her duh, the other only group that pull big numbers there is aespa

• Ive? I check after like teasers and they have good engagement, their teasers in Twitter even got 3m views

Idk about lsfrm bc I don't follow them but I remember sakura got a lot of likes bc it's her duh, the other only group that pull big numbers there is aespa

oh you mean twitter?

yeah, they have low engagements for a top group on Twitter.

but I guess not really people many know the members and they are 6-month-old rookies.

IVE and Lsfrm have top members from IZONE so I guess kind of not fair to compare.

but for youtube views, they are on par with IVE and Lsfrm.

• Not all BM views are real BUT NJ ngagement is weirdly low

Not surprised. YG's first GG in 7 years and 3rd ever whilst Ador focus on playlists and don't use ads.

Also this table is kind of unclear to try and hype BM. NWJN's dropped multiple videos for ditto since they are story based ones people don't even use the main MV for listening. Ditto the audio version has more than the 2 MV versions combined which is rare for groups. It has 37m views to side a with 22m and side b 13m. Same with OMG, the MV has 16m but the audio has 24.

• Btw no 4th gen gg is good in yt

Tho lsfrm been pullling good views as antifragile still chart in yt global weekly chart (along gidle) when their songs come months

Lsfrm is more balanced as of now everywhere

• Newjeans didn't have teasers, you cannot compare them. Wait for their debut then do that

Also, i watched the video too and I'm not interested in them, they are too young, it makes me uncomfortable. This is the first yg group after bp, people are curious, ofc kpop fans will check them out

• because they have multiple versions and nobody gonna stream 6 minutes video.

look at their audio views on youtube.

• There is only hybe boy have many version no attention, ditto or omg..

*i can't heard cookie...the song is cancelled...

Then I give you the receipts.

Hype boy

External Content www.youtube.com

their audio has 116M views, that nearly double/

Attention

main video has 40M views.

Audio 93M views

Cookie

Audio has 50M views.

how is that low ?

that on par with IVE and lesserafim

The funny part is that the audio version can't be found easily unless you know how to search for it.

• they have casual listeners...

• Baby Monster had visual+talent+ youth

suitable for the name Baby Monster

Baby in cuteness and visuals (this is asian standard of visuals) 😋

their is a reason Koreans or Asians had term baby face beauty

Monster in talent this is for talent stans 😑

yes their is a new monster in town

your newjeans

will wet in the pants

will became old jeans once
    Baby Monster debut

relax I'm multi stans
    I'm just hyping the rivalry

• That’s East Asians thing. Only Japan/Korea actually. No other Asians idolize baby face beauty or minors

• That’s East Asians thing. Only Japan/Korea actually. No other Asians idolize baby face beauty or minions

in my country will like it also
    or in some parts of Asia that also possible

I think even worldwide 90s and below?
    their is a reason
    why the old cartoons are cuter and younger in the classic or past gen
    ( Bugs Bunny ,Mickey Mouse, Disney classic)
    not including other entertainment like 90, 80s Hollywood back then

• It’s bc other parts of Asia anime is a hobby not their culture. Do you notice that Koreans or Japanese always praise their idols visuals or actors/actresses who resembles anime characters? That’s new to other parts of Asia and people still have mixed feelings about it

• Exactly they are the most organic group actually because people actually listen to their music more than watch their MVs

• It’s bc other parts of Asia anime is a hobby not their culture. Do you notice that Koreans or Japanese always praise their idols visuals or actors/actresses who resembles anime characters? That’s new to other parts of Asia and people still have mixed feelings about it

I think not only or needed anime influence
    because Asian ages slower also
    did you know Jang Nara kdrama baby face beauty

part also of Jang Nara appeal in SK
    is she still look likes younger at her age

same can be said for any asian women age gracefully

• I think not only or needed anime influence
    because Asian ages slower also
    did you know Jang Nara kdrama baby face beauty

part also of Jang Nara appeal in SK
    is she still look likes younger at her age

same can be said for any asian women age gracefully

You don’t get my point smh. Asia doesn’t mean only Korea and Japanese

• I just don't know how so many people can stan YG artists after a decade of mismanagement and significant decline in quality (and quantity) of music

Wut? YGE literally came out with the best discography of 2022 and it wasnt even close. Even their flop BGs Ikon and Treasure each had SOTY contenders, another bop in Jikjin, and their male solo dude had a bop as well with Panorama. BP's entire album had zero blops or flops, all bops.

• Wut? YGE literally came out with the best discography of 2022 and it wasnt even close. Even their flop BGs Ikon and Treasure each had SOTY contenders, another bop in Jikjin, and their male solo dude had a bop as well with Panorama. BP's entire album had zero blops or flops, all bops.

I think hello was pretty good song by them too

External Content youtu.be

• I think hello was pretty good song by them too

Yep, that's one of the SOTY contenders i was talking about, this Treasure song is the best BG song in recent memory.

Ikon's title song was also an amazing retro synth bop.

YGE really killed it this year. Four BG and male solo bops in one year is almost unheard of in Kpop for me.

• Newjeans has audio streams which are more amazing to me because it comes more organic. And they don't have to worry. They are already getting paid, signing cf deals right left. Will have an album this year and a showcase tour. They already set Spotify records globally. They are definition of global. They have five hits already in six months. They will be fine. Don't worry about them. And we will have comebacks. Whereas BM fans will talk about views and cf deals. We will talk about music, cf deals and everything.

• Not all BM views are real BUT NJ ngagement is weirdly low

Take a look at the views for their songs (not mvs) but official releases of their songs. That's when you see why new jeans are so powerful. People are there for their music

An example

External Content m.youtube.com

• Take a look at the views for their songs (not mvs) but official releases of their songs. That's when you see why new jeans are so powerful. People are there for their music

An example

External Content m.youtube.com

This is not exclusive to Nj

Eleven and love audio video dive have both over 100m views, aespa next level has 140m, wannabe too

Each time a gg has a hit their views go to to the audio video but the the MV one too, specially if it's popular in sea. Lsfrm is a good example as they still have 1m days per day + 1m streams

• This is not exclusive to Nj

Eleven and love audio video dive have both over 100m views, aespa next level has 140m, wannabe too

Each time a gg has a hit their views go to to the audio video but the the MV one too, specially if it's popular in sea. Lsfrm is a good example as they still have 1m days per day + 1m streams

Yeah, i think people forget how big youtube music is in korea.

• This is not exclusive to Nj

Can you give me an example of IVE audio link that hit 100m views?

I only see the MV that hit more than 100m

• Can you give me an example of IVE audio link that hit 100m views?

I only see the MV that hit more than 100m

Sure

My internet is shit :skull:

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!