Disappointing 2022 comebacks (featuring many 3rd gen boy groups)

• Now that the year is almost over what were some comebacks that didn't quite live up to your expectations (here's mine):

Feelin' Like - Pentagon: I've loved almost all Pentagon title tracks since debut. This was one of the first in awhile that Hui didn't write. I just find the chorus annoying and it's not a very original sound.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Love - Monsta X: It just lacks that special something idk

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

World - Seventeen: It's just very bland.

Everything NCT did this year: NCT is usually hit or miss for me, but among all the units, usually I have one song that I like. Not this year sadly. Glitch Mode was forgettable, 2 Baddies was the typical sound I don't like from them, their best song was the HOT remake.

Scream - SF9: I feel like the quality of their releases has been declining for awhile now. It was an okay summer song, but far from their best

Yet To Come - BTS: I don't really like their ballads. This wasn't an exception

The Night - N.flying: Loved basically every N.flying song ever, sad this was meh because it will be their last song for awhile

Replay - Golden Child: Another song that just came and went, never made my playlist

All of Ab6ix's songs: They were really good in concert but all of their releases this year could have been better imo.

External Content youtu.be

Mango - Super Junior: I like it, but I have higher expectations for Suju's quality

Astro - Candy Sugar Pop: It's just not super memorable and I liked their summer song last year better

Real Love - Oh My Girl: You cannot return after a year hiatus with that, especially with how crazy the competition is for girl groups lately.

memeM - Purple Kiss: Who thought it would be a good idea to chose this as the title track over Pretty Psycho?

Illella - Mamamoo: It wasn't a bad song, but again after a hiatus they should come back stronger. It sounds like they haven't evolved musically since their last real comeback.

Edited 2 times, last by Hopkinz ().

• Hopkinz

Changed the title of the thread from “Disappointing comebacks (featuring many 3rd gen boy groups)” to “Disappointing 2022 comebacks (featuring many 3rd gen boy groups)”.
  • StayC - Run2U. BEP really needs to learn how to pick songs, there were two B sides better than this.

Twice - Talk that Talk. Korean version of Feels. Feels was a decent bop (7 out of 10) but if JYP was gonna do a clone, he shoulda cloned megabops like Scientist or Cry For Me.

Aespa - Girls. My hopes were too high after Next Level.

Ive - Love Dive. Afterlike deserves all of the LD hype and success, LD went from a blop to a bop back to a blop again, i skip the song nowadays.

Itzy - Cheshire. Disappointing after bop Sneakers.

• 3rd Gen BGs found dead in a ditch

:pepe-life-support::pepe-life-support::pepe-life-support:

At least tell me you like The Rose

:pepe-hug::pepe-hug::pepe-hug:

• Forgot about Stayc and Aespa. Yeah both groups can do better

Cheshire and Love Dive I liked.

• I did! Although I didn't listen to it much, but I thought it was pretty good.

Winner also surpassed expectations, one of their better songs in years.

Ikon are in a really weird place. It wasn't the best song but the retro trend is kinda over. It wasn't underwhelming though so they get off this time.

• nah don't feel this. Especially Candy Sugar Pop and Feelin' Like.

I noticed you didn't include Beatbox, assuming it's another one of the "forgettable" pile to you?

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.
  • Replay by Golden Child is an okay song tbh. But that song tanked so bad as well as the group itself.

Lol no one gives a fuck about these bitches - at least I hope not.🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• I disagree with SF9 I loved the title, and the b-sides on the album are awesome

:pepe-cut:

Feelin Like was okay i didn't hate it but it's not my favorite either. Though Pentagon usually never misses. Now Hui is back and Cube is like HERE GO ON THIS SHIT SHOW. (rolls eyes)

2 baddies 2 baddies 1 porsche

I like the song...but i'm weird like that

AB6IX Savior was good to me

man hopkinz we need to work on your tastes. lol

• I've also been interested in SF9, i want more BG's to listen to

imma go lookem up

• I just realised how Old SF9 is... :skull:

imma stick to ateez for now cause i think i can catch up with them ( still catching up on stray kids too lmao)

Yep they are 3rd gen but they renewed their contracts so they still gonna be around for awhile

• I actually like YTC but I do understand why it was underwhelming for most people. However, I prefer it to any English single they had and I didn't enjoy RunBTS like most people (it feels like there's no cohesion on the song and reminds me of noisy NCT, Ateez and Stray Kids alike; must be the Dem Jointz effect :pepe-cringe: )

Mamammo felt like Hip/Aya part 2; a song by them that I didn't enjoy as much. Miss their 2018 era; it was a good balance between their old sound and the new one that was to come.

Disappointed by TXT and Enhypen in 2022, after supporting and enjoying all their releases so far. Both felt noisy and meh.... also didn't enjoy LSF's Antrifagile for the same reason, after such a strong debut. Impurities should have been the TT. One of their best songs so far (and the MV is one of the best in the last years of kpop)

I would include NewJeans with OMG as well if it hadn't been released in 2023 already. Loved all their songs except this one.

• I knew people were gonna be disappointed with YTC because BTS hadn't released an album in 2 years and they came back with a slower song. Ngl, I'm confused why they didn't release Run BTS as a lead single when they usually release two singles in the past. Then they launched a dance challenge 5 months later which I felt wasn't really part of their plan.
    If it's because YTC fits the anthology theme more, Run BTS does that as well because it is reminiscent of their early works.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!