Do you need to love and support all the members pretty equally to be a true stan?

• I have 5 members of Super Junior who I like the most and they are the core members for me. KRY and after them Eunhae. Just these members would be enough for me and they are individually bias wrecking me all the time. But I appreaciate other members too for various reasons.

I can see how Shindong makes the members happy, laugh and helps out with a lot of creative stuff. Although I have some beef with Siwon, I can see what kind of gentleman he is to everyone and how loyal and kind he is to members. I can see how Leeteuk leads them and I can see how Heechul promotes them and talks about them with fondness everywhere he goes.

It doesn't make me feel like I'm a lesser fan for that and I would be really happy with a photocard of a non-bias member.

A masterpiece.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I usually think people who say they like every member equal are lying to themselves.

Humans are such complex beings and everyone is unique and special in their own ways. People's preferences are also equally unique with many people liking different food, music, people etc. I dont even like all my friends and family the same but somehow I like a bunch of idols the same?

To like everyone equal to me is like saying every member is essentially the same with little differences between each others and that's kinda insulting to each member in my opinion. We should respect the difference between members and other peoples difference preferences in who they like, and the fact that you dont have to like everyone equally.

Then there's also the idea that the biggest similarity between each members of a group is the fact that they are all in the same group. I hear people say every member in X group is so charming, they are the best. There is nothing magical that somehow makes people in this specific group and only this group more charming than people from other groups. If you can somehow like all 11 (random number) members in a group, then chances are you could very well like another member in a different group just as much.

But if you truly like everyone the same, more power to you I guess.

• This is so eye opening, I never thought about it like that before.

• In my 11 years as a Kpop listener, I've been drawn to different groups (and, therefore, different members) for a variety of reasons, and my feelings about each member have varied. With some, I've been attached to all of them, while I've been more neutral to some. I think that having an equal love for all the members of a group (especially a bigger group) is close to impossible, honestly, but you can be a fan of a group, find yourself paying more to attention to one or a few members in particular, and still find yourself liking, or at least respecting, the rest. Humans are drawn to different things by nature, and one shouldn't have to force that in order to achieve "equality."

Enjoy a group, have a favorite if you do, respect the others too and have fun. That's the joy of Kpop and its many, many appeals. There's something and someone for everyone. Just be nice and don't hate.

Buddy InSomnia Neverland Miracle MooMoo

<3 2021 = 10 Years of Kpop <3

giphy.gif

• this question goes against my own definition of being a fan, so excuse me when I think this

questions shouldnt even be asked because its so dumb.

to begin with, shouldnt you be a fan because you like the music?

and if you like the music, isnt it a given you support the group as a whole (even with a bias)?

ofc I have a bias, but I still support the group and the members equally.

ppl should start visualizing in their mind, that if the other members didnt exist, the group would not exists and so the music would also not exist.

so if you call yourself a stan/fan, you better support the whole group.

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

♦ visit my aesthetic shop here

• I usually think people who say they like every member equal are lying to themselves.

Humans are such complex beings and everyone is unique and special in their own ways. People's preferences are also equally unique with many people liking different food, music, people etc. I dont even like all my friends and family the same but somehow I like a bunch of idols the same?

To like everyone equal to me is like saying every member is essentially the same with little differences between each others and that's kinda insulting to each member in my opinion. We should respect the difference between members and other peoples difference preferences in who they like, and the fact that you dont have to like everyone equally.

THIS! You may like the group's music, but the solo works of the members may not appeal to you. Because each member has a unique musical style. Some may not follow rappers because they do not prefer rap, while others may not follow vocals because they do not prefer vocal-oriented songs. Even within themselves, the styles of vocalists and rappers and even the music genres they prefer are different. So, no one should force themselves to support what they don't like or dislike. I always give a chance and listen, if I like it, I continue to listen, even if I don't like it, I don't force myself to continue listening.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Nah, you dont need to, but it is possible IMO. I feel that way about Red Velvet. There isn't a single member that is my fave or one that's my least. They change depending on comeback or whatever content I'm watching.

Make sense, Seulgi and Wendy always biaswrecked me. I really liked Yeri personality. Irene is very charismatic true leader.

I think it's hard to be a full fan of a group unless you like every member, even if not equally. I usually follow groups that I like every member of. :thumbup:

• love and support - probably no

you can choose how one spends their own time and money but as long as you aren't an akgae about it

also everybody's definition of stan is different...

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!