Has any idols solo music shocked or surprised you?

• I have finals and no motivation so I’m going to make a thread because I have to procrastinate and idk what else to do. I’m sorry if my threads makes no sense or is embarrassing

;judgingpepe:

For me, sometimes yes sometime no. With groups I listen to a lot or pay attention to, I feel like I know what type of music they would do, but with groups I don’t know it’s nice when it’s something that u like.

Idk if that’s weird to say but it’s always kinda surprising to me. Because i don’t follow so it just feels surprising I guess

I’ve always liked got7 but I didn’t really listen to any of the members solos and they’re really good from the ones I heard:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This song kept popping up and I really liked it and the video is really interesting too

Jayb song too, I put it in my comfort song playlist 🧍‍♀️

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And yugyeom has really good songs too, which I didn’t even know he had an album like ;(

This is same with Wheein, I really love both of her albums it’s my favorite style and again I didn’t even know about her first one but it just felt surprising because I just don’t really pay attention ever :flop:

Idk I just wanted to share that ;judgingpepe:

• Somewhat.

I was really surprised by the Neo Soul on RM’s album. I didn’t expect that but I don’t know much about his musical tastes either.

I was surprised by the D.O. album because I assumed it would be the r&b that he’s so excellent in and since he talked so much about r&b but it was a soft pop, adult contemporary kind of thing.

On the opposite side, I was surprised by Suho’s album this year. His first album was a soft pop, adult contemporary kind of thing (which I expected) so I was ready to pass by this one, but I really liked this one, which is definitely more inspired by rock and alt rock.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• With exos solos i wasn’t really shocked but with Kai’s and Suho’s I didn’t know what type of music they would do but once I heard the songs it made sense.

• I was surprise with Key picking one of those nights as his solo debut

but now it makes sense

His mentality at the time sorta demanded that type of chill song but his comebacks has been alot more like what I would expect from him.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Taeyeon I. Everyone thought get debut would be either a ballad or an up beat SNSD type pop song but instead she comes out with something that's a mix of pop and rock with a killer hook (the long ieieieies). It took everyone by surprise with a really distinct and refreshing sound

• Nayeon's solo blew me away. While I had a feeling what to expect from Nayeon's sound, I knew it was going to be bubbly, I did not expect the song to be so catchy, it was pop perfection.

Also prior to her solo, she has never sang a Korean song in full, not even covers. She's done one duet performance in Korean, and a buncha English covers but she has never sang for 3minute-ish in Korean before so I was so pleased to get 7 tracks for her solo.

Also alot of people trashed Twice's vocals, especially during that whole encore thing but instead of crying over it, they took that opportunity to practice and improve their vocals and her album really shows the effort she has put in.

• B.I. surprised me although i guess it shouldn't have. He has a lot of bops. i never liked ikon's music much except for a song here and there, same for bobby's solos.

Bambam surprised me also, i never paid much attention to him in Got7 but his visuals are so amazing. the music is decent to good also

• I was surprise with Key picking one of those nights as his solo debut

but now it makes sense

His mentality at the time sorta demanded that type of chill song but his comebacks has been alot more like what I would expect from him.

Keys debut was really good I loved it :twerkingpepe:

Nayeon's solo blew me away. While I had a feeling what to expect from Nayeon's sound, I knew it was going to be bubbly, I did not expect the song to be so catchy, it was pop perfection.

Also prior to her solo, she has never sang a Korean song in full, not even covers. She's done one duet performance in Korean, and a buncha English covers but she has never sang for 3minute-ish in Korean before so I was so pleased to get 7 tracks for her solo.

Also alot of people trashed Twice's vocals, especially during that whole encore thing but instead of crying over it, they took that opportunity to practice and improve their vocals and her album really shows the effort she has put in.

I agree with this too, I really loved her debut and like her album was good too it was really fun

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!