Who are the top 5 4th generation female vocalist?

• A lil hard because actually there are many of them, I'll just dumping every vocalist from active group that I remembered:

Aespa had Winter & Ningning, Gidle had Yuqi, Miyeon & Minnie, Nmixx had Lily & Haewon, Le Sserafim had Yunjin & Chaewon, IVE had Liz & Yujin, Kep1er had Chaehyun & Yongeun(? Idk if it's her name), Billlie had the Kim Haram herself, Purple Kiss with their Swan, Class:y had Jimin, CSR had Yeham, and people said in Newjeans they had Hanni and Dani.

I forgot who's the vocal in cherry bullet and woo!ah? For woo!ah maybe Wooyeon(?) because she had sang together in It's Live! along with Haram and Jimin.

• For me personally, the 1 and 2 would be either Swan or Haram.

Yes, all these vocalist can sing well and they are trained for years. But you will know when someone are gifted and born with it. They aren't singing anymore, they played with it. Like in a school of magic, many students will chant a spell to cast a magic, but both of them are fckin born with the magic itself so they can just simply waving hand and the magic casted.

Plus both of them kinda had the achievements for me? Like Haram herself was entering SM ent. by winning a singing contest (and then she was moved to Mystic Story). Then, Swan is a friggin vocal song guide for another group? Like it seems the people behind music prod Acknowledge her.

Haram

In this, it starts around 1:58

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Her FMR cover with Billlie

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

her mirotic cover around 5:50

And since this the Christmas season, Let's hear hear her singing Christmas songs, shall we?

Swan

My impression for her is, she is like a final boss in terms of vocal.

Wonder if After Like are sung by a gifted and trained ones? You got it

External Content youtube.com

And does she reminds you of Adelle?

Well, that's right, here:

External Content youtube.com

And then

After them, the next would be Lily, Haewon, Winter and Ningning.

Lily

Yeah she does awed me with her vocal prowess, those who speaks about her vocal talent didn't lied. But it just that I don't feel attracted with her voice unlike Swan's and Haram's. Nonetheless, if Lily joining an American Got Talent or other vocal contest, she is one of the golden ticket holder.

And by mentioning Lily, we must mention Haewon too

Also winter & Ningning and this is the reason why my favorite aespa song is forever

• I like Choi Jieun, formerly of Bling Bling:

External Content www.youtube.com

• My attempt at an "objective" ranking based on technique and range. This is basically a 'strongest K-pop girl group main vocal'-ranking

1. Lily

2. Ningning

3. Monday

4. Haewon

5. Hard to rank after top 4, probably Winter or Yunjin although some nugu group mainvocal I'm not aware of can probably outdo them.

This performance pretty much solidified Lily as #1, it used to be a big debate but this is without a doubt the craziest thing I've seen from 4th gen vocalists and for now she has claimed the throne.

Out of the 4 listed above I only really listen to covers from Yunjin and Haewon. I would listen to more Ningning covers if they existed ;(

I don't consider technique that important actually, a good tone is what matters. If I rank my actual FAVORITE 4th gen vocalists whose covers I seek out then it becomes entirely different:

1. Jo Yuri

(great wall of china)

2. Liz

3. Chaewon

4. Ningning

5. Haewon

Nobody asked for it but I'll leave you with my favorite Yuri covers

• idk i normally watch ranking videos on youtube for reference like this one

who is the swan???

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!