Why do some people think YG's mismanagement and mishandling of BP is a "strategy"?

• Official Post

Do you think what YG is doing to BP a strategy? 83

1. Yes (33) 40%
    2. No (50) 60%

Is it a coping mechanism because they know their faves can't chart higher or sell better even with more music and content?

Is it cause they know their faves would flop with the amount of content and minimal promo BP gets?

Or is it just crack?

4f1c2771a5d424c6acda4dbad3167d91.gif

If it's such a strategy....then why aren't other groups releasing a few songs a year? Why aren't other companies sending their groups off to only 1 or 2 music shows?

• It's not fully a strategy, its most likely them not knowing how to handle a big group like blackpink, but also misogyny. It upsets me looking at Rosé solo teasers because it seems like YG has no budget. The new one that just came out is so cheap looking, it looks like something I could make. They really are just a stupid company. I don't get how they gave Bobby and Ikon so many teasers but as of today Rosé only gets 5 repeated looking ones.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Probably because blackpink is successful. People will only believe a strategy is wrong if they had tangible proof that it’s not aka if they flopped/if someone was doing better than them.

This.

Lmao. It was easy to see it as mismanagement until watching BP blow up to the point they have.

I'm not a full Blink, so I can't speak on it. But as a fan from the outside, BlackPink seem to be doing better than the mass majority of female groups as far as marketing. Especially starting from last year.

They had a full album, 3 MVs, 2 huge collaborations, appeared on some American talk shows, and each girl has gotten some crazy big endorsements. Jennie finally got that IT girl soju deal. Jisoo finally broke into acting. Lisa has endorsements out of her ass as well as being a judge on a big show in China. Plus, Rosie finally has her solo coming, and it's already blowing up physically.

YG was definitely lacking in the past, but this year and last year, they have stepped up tremendously.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Official Post

It's not fully a strategy, its most likely them not knowing how to handle a big group like blackpink, but also misogyny. It upsets me looking at Rosé solo teasers because it seems like YG has no budget. The new one that just came out is so cheap looking, it looks like something I could make. They really are just a stupid company. I don't get how they gave Bobby and Ikon so many teasers but as of today Rosé only gets 5 repeated looking ones.

They really said "We gotta prepare something quick!" with that teaser :cryingr:

"Graphic design is my passion" vibes

• if it's not a strategy, why do they do it? it's a business, wouldn't they want to earn more? it's not like 2 stupid people are planning stuff for blackpink, yg is a huge company with many investors and staff. wouldn't they say "yeah let's release 3 albums every year to triple the profit" i find it funny how kpop fans who don't know any business belittle this company saying they don't know what they're doing, of course they do

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• Somethings like 1 cb a year is a a strategy. While some gg’s put out abundant material ex 3 cbs a year. Bps scarcity content is their strategy to stand out among the sea of ggs. It doesn’t mean it’s the only cause of their success tho.

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• It's not fully a strategy, its most likely them not knowing how to handle a big group like blackpink, but also misogyny. It upsets me looking at Rosé solo teasers because it seems like YG has no budget. The new one that just came out is so cheap looking, it looks like something I could make. They really are just a stupid company. I don't get how they gave Bobby and Ikon so many teasers but as of today Rosé only gets 5 repeated looking ones.

Because YG knows Blinks will buy it regardless. You guys don’t realized what being milked looks like. Bobby got a lot of promo because the company thinks he needs it to sell. Rosè is getting nothing because YG doesn’t think it matters. Blinks will buy her album out of blind loyalty.

If you compare Bobby’s promo to Rose’s, it’s obvious it’s a strategy and that they aren’t just forgetting how to manage a group.

Why spend 10k on promo on Rose, when you don’t need to. BP got limited promo and is doing well, why would YG magically change and think they need to promote Rose, for her to do well?

• i think yg is way too confident for it's own good

sure, bp is really succesful overseas and all that, but doesn't mean what he does is ok, i think the succes comes from the girls theyself, because they caught the eye of people real quick, however, yg strategy on promoting them sucks, they debuted in 2016, that's for having at least 2 full albums and 5 mini albums by now, and even repackages, like come on.

if he keeps it this way, bp hype will slowly fade away, since nowadays hype dies quickly, especially in this internet world we're living. we wouldn't like to see that.

• Cause it's their thing. 2ne1 had like 40 songs, bigbang has almost 70 korean songs, they rararely give their groups a decent amount of music. BP is a extreme of this pattern. It's a strategy cause their groups are successful, which is asinine, because everyone can see this has hindered every single one of their groups.

Come on. Why do you think so many YG groups struggle to peak after debut?

• Official Post

if it's not a strategy, why do they do it? it's a business, wouldn't they want to earn more? it's not like 2 stupid people are planning stuff for blackpink, yg is a huge company with many investors and staff. wouldn't they say "yeah let's release 3 albums every year to triple the profit" i find it funny how kpop fans who don't know any business belittle this company saying they don't know what they're doing, of course they do

I mean wouldn't YG want to earn more by giving BP more content? 2020 is BP's biggest year because YG actually promoted BP properly and gave them music(but it was the bare minimum really).

And if it's such a strategy, then why aren't YG trying this same shit with their boy groups? If this "strategy" worked on one group, surely it would work on other groups, right? You don't see Bobby getting a whole single album with 2 songs dknvxjbdx

• Because YG knows Blinks will buy it regardless. You guys don’t realized what being milked looks like. Bobby got a lot of promo because the company thinks he needs it to sell. Rosè is getting nothing because YG doesn’t think it matters. Blinks will buy her album out of blind loyalty.

If you compare Bobby’s promo to Rose’s, it’s obvious it’s a strategy and that they aren’t just forgetting how to manage a group.

Why spend 10k on promo on Rose, when you don’t need to. BP got limited promo and is doing well, why would YG magically change and think they need to promote Rose, for her to do well?

Even if it was a strategy it is still wrong to not give your artists proper promo, yes they are a big group that will sell and chart well no matter what but as a company that is your duty to promote your artists well. You cant just say that it's a whole stragety when this is affecting their careers, they went on a whole year hiatus for literally nothing. Is that a strategy too? YG wants to milk as much money from blackpink and they aren't even doing it in a subtle way. They dont care about blackpinks career musically they care about blackpinks career as money makers.

Rosé should at least gotten a mini album but no they decided to give her the bare minimum because they dont want to spend their precious money on more songs, that is not a strategy that is mistreatment.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• i think yg is way too confident for it's own good

sure, bp is really succesful overseas and all that, but doesn't mean what he does is ok, i think the succes comes from the girls theyself, because they caught the eye of people real quick, however, yg strategy on promoting them sucks, they debuted in 2016, that's for having at least 2 full albums and 5 mini albums by now, and even repackages, like come on.

if he keeps it this way, bp hype will slowly fade away, since nowadays hype dies quickly, especially in this internet world we're living. we wouldn't like to see that.

BlackPink caught people's eyes because YG chose the members they knew would catch people's attention.

YGE chose the concept, chose the producers, chose the songs, chose the video editors, released the videos, marketed the videos, styled the girls, hired the choreographers...like come on? Lmao. BlackPink's members are charismatic, and each individual is a stan attractor that consistently attracted fans by themselves even when YG was slacking on releasing content. But, YGE chose and trained each member.

And, BlackPink I think have gotten passed the point of having their hype slow fade. Plus, even if they rarely release music, they are everywhere in Korea. YGE keeps them in the public eye and on trending topics. This strategy is bad for fans (who want more music), and the girls since they want to release more music. But, it's not so bad for YGE as a company.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• It is strategy

YG's company strategy is "do the least, get the most", and it makes sense. As a money-producing factory, no flaws detected. They've picked up on how to use their idols as idols and models, not as musicians. Golf claps.

• Interesting answers. So r u all saying YG knew from the beginning itself that no matter how little content they give bp would end up where they are? Cause this has been happening since the beginning.

That's some vision i must say.

YG groups have always released lesser music than others but for bp it's absolutely the least of the least. Even full album had only 8 songs. Lol

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Cause it's their thing. 2ne1 had like 40 songs, bigbang has almost 70 korean songs, they rararely give their groups a decent amount of music. BP is a extreme of this pattern. It's a strategy cause their groups are successful, which is asinine, because everyone can see this has hindered every single one of their groups.

Come on. Why do you think so many YG groups struggle to peak after debut?

Yes. It only YG that knows what the F is he is thinking. Even other 2nd gen BG like SHINEE, 2PM & BEAST/HIGHLIGHT have more full album compare to BIGBANG. :pepe-comfy:

• More content will not always result to more profit.

Imagine every idol groups as businesses with different target markets/consumers.

BLACKPINK has a large captured and loyal market, with more consumers joining the brand continuously. BP's market has high demand but with low supply. So when the supply comes, BP's consumers fight and hoard to get a piece of the newest product.

:groovins:

• Interesting answers. So r u all saying YG knew from the beginning itself that no matter how little content they give bp would end up where they are? Cause this has been happening since the beginning.

That's some vision i must say.

YG groups have always released lesser music than others but for bp it's absolutely the least of the least. Even full album had only 8 songs. Lol

BlackPink was coming from YG, so of course the expectation was always that they'd be big.

I don't think YG anticipated how big BlackPink would get, which is why we saw such a huge influx of promotion last year after all their scandals and losses from the year before. BlackPink is currently their only group operating at the fullest with the majority of GP support, and YG finally pulled them out like their Uno draw four.

• idk YG always follow western style i think

maybe wanted to look like gain much without trying much

the ego & confidence in that company is incredible

they chose the ones who have strong charisma & vibe from the beginning

their artists always leave strong & irreplaceable impression from the beginning that people always tune in them

so teven though less songs BB, 2ne1 & BP did great

for Winner & IKON they had lacked in that aspect unfortunately

• idk YG always follow western style i think

maybe wanted to look like gain much without trying much

the ego & confidence in that company is incredible

I agree, but I myself dont have problem with it. Their idols have their free time and money. Their idols are very successful and earn BUNCH OF MONEY. You all are forgeting this! They have MONEY and live nicely.

2ne1 and BB members are still among richest idols out there.

You cant say that they have no idea what they are doing!

Like JYP pretty much fucked up Twice and their every group bc of too much promotions and material. Their groups work 24/7 for few years and the end while YG groups are still doing fine even after 15, 20 years. And on all of it earn a lot more money.

• Probably because blackpink is successful. People will only believe a strategy is wrong if they had tangible proof that it’s not aka if they flopped/if someone was doing better than them.

Well, they have managed to make BP the top girl group worldwide. I think that "scarcity" is actually a strategy point, but also I think that by limiting music output they are making time available for other activities such as all the promo stuff. They probably make more money off promo opportunities than they do with music sales.

It's probably safe to say the girls aren't just sitting around with nothing to do. They may also be pacing things to avoid burnout with the girls. In other words, maybe other companies are actually "mistreating" their stars by overworking them, and YG is actually treating their stars better.

But fans only see "output", or they want BP to be even more famous than they already are. I think fans feel "mistreated" more than YG mistreating BP, TBH.

• Imagine how many demo songs that gd already made but we won’t be able to hear until forever.

Poor us. Poor vip. Fck YG.

Not just GD, even CL, B.I also have made many songs yet it is nowhere to be found. Not surprised, if there are BP's members that already writing their song but didn't have chance to release it :pepeshock:

• This thread contains 48 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!