Are HYBE groups carrying 4th Gen Kpop?

• Industry insiders including CEOs of top Korean entertainment companies like JYP and SM participated in a survey talking about which 4th gen groups have the most potential to become bigger in the future — NewJeans and Enhypen held most votes. NJ having 88.9% of the votes for female idols and Enhypen having 94.4% of votes for male idols. Other groups in the top 4 most voted were Treasure & Aespa.

I think this isn’t a surprise since both groups have achieved a LOT and broke records in such a short time compared to their older 4th gen seniors. Enhypen became million sellers in less than year, fasted kpop artist to reach 1Billion Spotify streams, only kpop artist to have all albums RIAJ Gold and Gaon Gold - Platinum Certified. NewJeans debuting out of nowhere with 0 pre debut promotion and managed to sweep up the Korean charts with their unique style and easy listening high quality music. They already broke so many records and managed to block huge girl groups like Twice and Blackpink. NewJeans have South Korea in a chokehold — many Korean celebs are praising them and covering their songs. There’s no doubt people anticipate these 2 groups’ future.

To be honest, Hybe has the most successful 4th gen groups at the moment with TXT, Le sserafim, Enhypen, NewJeans and Fromis_9 all absolutely killing it!

What do you think?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Seems like it. The votes from the industry tally with what we’ve seen so far, and it’s clear majority.

But I’m sure we will get different answer from akp here because of biased views (that’s normal!).

My opinion: So far Hybe does have the most acts that are outstanding in 4th gen. Other labels have one G-idle (Cube), aespa (SM), IVE (Starship), Treasure (YG).. JYP at least has two (SKZ and Itzy), but Enhypen and newjeans are such strong contenders along with TXT and Les serafim.

• Wow I didn't realize industry peeps thought that highly of Enha 0.0, Hybe groups are doing amazing with the new gen and the company is doing a great job keeping them unique imo. Not surprised by NJ votes since they are such a breakout, too many people here try to discredit LSF.

I wouldn t include fromis9 with the other four tho op, they do not exist in the same tier

• maybe for "kpop"

but overall JYPE is doing better imo, NiziU SKZ ITZY NMIXX(has almost 500k sales with O.O)

once Nizi boys drops, people will see the JYPE power in japan

e/ NiziU probably has the most monetary value of any 4th gen group

• Seems like it. The votes from the industry tally with what we’ve seen so far, and it’s clear majority.

But I’m sure we will get different answer from akp here because of biased views (that’s normal!).

My opinion: So far Hybe does have the most acts that are outstanding in 4th gen. Other labels have one G-idle (Cube), aespa (SM), IVE (Starship), Treasure (YG).. JYP at least has two (SKZ and Itzy), but Enhypen and newjeans are such strong contenders along with TXT and Les serafim.

I agree, even if they might not have the #1 gg or bg at any given time, they have clear upper-tier presence at all times. JYP are close too but we have to see if NMIXX can solidify their presence.

• Wow I didn't realize industry peeps thought that highly of Enha 0.0, Hybe groups are doing amazing with the new gen and the company is doing a great job keeping them unique imo. Not surprised by NJ votes since they are such a breakout, too many people here try to discredit LSF.

I wouldn t include fromis9 with the other four tho op, they do not exist in the same tier

About fromis_9, I was contemplating whether to include them or not, but I realised they have actually grown since joining hybe and shown decent amount of results.

I’m not shocked about enhypen’s votes, those boys were monster rookies and have huge sales with some hit songs to back it up. Industry knows they have good music producers behind them to continue their image of having good music and that will grow their fandom.

I don’t understand why people would discredit LSFM? Maybe bc of Garam’a scandal and NewJeans debut kind of overshadowed them a bit..

• I would say Jype is a close second to Hybe. They have big acts like Itzy and Stray kids but I wouldn’t sneak in Nmixx yet, they still need time to prove themselves and other rookies like Kep1er, Lesserafim, Ive, NewJeans already shown better results.

Twice and Niziu do in fact do extremely well in japan but the same could be said for Hybe bgs like Bts, Seventeen, Enhypen, Txt and now the new hybe japan boy group (&team).

• I would say Jype is a close second to Hybe. They have big acts like Itzy and Stray kids but I wouldn’t sneak in Nmixx yet, they still need time to prove themselves and other rookies like Kep1er, Lesserafim, Ive, NewJeans already shown better results.

Twice and Niziu do in fact do extremely well in japan but the same could be said for Hybe bgs like Bts, Seventeen, Enhypen, Txt and now the new hybe japan boy group (&team).

you said 4th gen,w hya re you using svt and bts?

niziu is a top GG in the 2nd biggest market in the world, has dome tour, and more CFs then any of these other bgs combined

• intresting

I always thought txt is ahead of en-

It’s about groups that debuted after 2020, and even if it wasn’t, I still wouldn’t be surprised. En outsold txt when they were just rookies. En currently has the highest peak of spotify monthly listeners for 4th gen and their upcoming world tour venues are being held in big arenas while txt are performing in theatres after 3 years. Txt are still very successful tho, they have good music and are the best charting in Korea (out of 4th gen bgs).

most of these companies have only one 4th gen group

• It’s about groups that debuted after 2020, and even if it wasn’t, I still wouldn’t be surprised. En outsold txt when they were just rookies. En currently has the highest peak of spotify monthly listeners for 4th gen and their upcoming world tour venues are being held in big arenas while txt are performing in theatres after 3 years. Txt are still very successful tho, they have good music and are the best charting in Korea (out of 4th gen bgs).

that wasent included anywhere lol, makes more sense, not sure what this has to do with "carrying the 4th gen" then

• you said 4th gen,w hya re you using svt and bts?

niziu is a top GG in the 2nd biggest market in the world, has dome tour, and more CFs then any of these other bgs combined

that’s great for niziu, they are no doubt the top 4th gen gg in Japan. what im saying is hybe still has the upper hand here bc they have the a larger number of successful 4th gen groups in japan — txt, enhypen, &team(who are about to debut), and the hybe japan gg coming next year. both hybe and jype groups do the best in japan out of the big4 but hybe clearly has more of them.

• They have four different 4th gen groups so I would hope so.

JYP being second also makes sense because they also have four (although Xtraordinary Heroes seems to be an afterthought but you could argue that NiziU could count :/ ).

Like numbers definitely help... SM's dominance of second gen was definitely helped by having 5 successful groups during that time.

• that wasent included anywhere lol, makes more sense, not sure what this has to do with "carrying the 4th gen" then

It’s literally in the thread I linked??

About the “carrying”, if you read my other replies you’d see I am talking about how hybe currently holds the majority of the successful 4th gen idols.

• that wasent included anywhere lol, makes more sense, not sure what this has to do with "carrying the 4th gen" then

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It’s literally in the thread I linked??

About the “carrying”, if you read my other replies you’d see I am talking about how hybe currently holds the majority of the successful 4th gen idols.

so its not about "carrying" its just about who has the most idols?

• They have four different 4th gen groups so I would hope so.

JYP being second also makes sense because they also have four (although Xtraordinary Heroes seems to be an afterthought but you could argue that NiziU could count :/ ).

Like numbers definitely help... SM's dominance of second gen was definitely helped by having 5 successful groups during that time.

Jype has itzy, skz, niziu and ?

• Disagreed, that poll is about potential not about being currently at the top, like i stan Treasure they are my top 1 boy group at the moment but no way in hell they are 2nd place right now so you can't base that poll to say HYBE is carrying 4th gen, specially when NewJeans just debuted like 1-2 months ago

I guess that’s your opinion. Have a great day.

• . En currently has the highest peak of spotify monthly listeners for 4th gen

breaking news!

• They are all doing really well. Lesserafim is the only one missing from this list but im sure they’ll be in it soon.

• TREASURE and Stray Kids have bigger views than their boy groups this year.

You'd have to at least have good views.

TREASURE and Stray Kids are both probably going to have bigger touring numbers after this year too.

Views and Touring are 2 gigantic measuring sticks.

Fans bulk-buying albums is not a good measuring stick anymore.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited 2 times, last by Blue2012 ().

• No.

Glad we had this discussion - coffee and cups on the table to your left, biscuits on the right. Parking can be validated at the front desk.

Parking is only validated for official New Jeans stans unfortunately. Do you have cash? Theres a 4% up charge for credit….

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• This thread contains 26 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!