Why does SM town con still exist

• I don’t get it

They’re boring.

They feel like music show performances.

Everyone gets like 2.5 seconds

It’s chaotic

Like why. Why does it even exist.

You would think there would be more interactions and fun stuff but actually you would be wrong. Because it’s a snooze fest.

• To convert more people to SM stans.

Also, they make money from it.

Yes to first but no to second. I actually don’t think so. I don’t think the return on investment per con is worth for the amount of effort it takes to coordinate.

I think it’s more to increase the brand value rather than make money of the actual concert profits.

• At least we are going to get concert pics which are my favorite kind of pics

60619b148b25d76d88138e9fb9a750ba.gif

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No Sehun no concert

DELETE THE WHOLE THING FJFJDKSKAKA

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• DELETE THE WHOLE THING FJFJDKSKAKA

External Content twitter.com

Wait what is this?? Why is he saying he wanted to see the fans but he couldn’t do so :cursing:

• Because it’s great as a fan of multiple SM groups I love it. Though they need to do more collabs and interactions or it’s pointless.

I don’t think it’s interesting even if you’re a fan of multiple groups.

As a concert it’s boring and lack luster. Not particularly about who is participating.

I refuse to blv there’s anyone who actually likes these boring ass concerts 😭😭

• I don’t think it’s interesting even if you’re a fan of multiple groups.

As a concert it’s boring and lack luster. Not particularly about who is participating.

I refuse to blv there’s anyone who actually likes these boring ass concerts 😭😭

That’s probably because you’re not a fan of multiple sm groups so you won’t understand. It’s like saying “why the groups I don’t stan make a concert, it’s boring”. I used to excitedly watch lq fancams of SM dancers collab for years.

But as I said if it’s just like music shows structure with no interactions and no special stages then obviously it’s going to be boring and pointless but only because of that structure not because it’s a company concert.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• That’s probably because you’re not a fan of multiple sm groups so you won’t understand. It’s like saying “why the groups I don’t stan make a concert, it’s boring”. I used to excitedly watch lq fancams of SM dancers collab for years.

External Content youtu.be

But as I said if it’s just like music shows structure with no interactions and no special stages then obviously it’s going to be boring and pointless but only because of that structure not because it’s a company concert.

That’s exactly what I just said? Lol.

That’s exactly why it should stop existing? Because it’s clear SM doesnt want to invest in anything interesting for the concert.

• External Content twitter.com

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• External Content twitter.com

It’s been delayed 30 minutes because people are collecting their tickets. If it’s true they are letting others enter without it means they want to speed up the queue (assuming the statement is true)

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• This is the first time I’m watching and I love it. You get to see so many talented artist for $45 and it’s been 4 hours. It’s worth my money. You can say what you like about SM but there is no denying all their acts are top tier. :danceb:I’m going to try my best to watch the Tokyo one too.

• i just skimmed through the concert on Twitter. It is actually fun this time around and they had their mics on. Definitely better than the online one they did. As long as SM sees there are people interested, they will keep doing it. I hope they bring the collabs back. That was one of the best things about the SM concerts. I heard they will have another one in Japan. Hope they will be interesting collabs there

• i just skimmed through the concert on Twitter. It is actually fun this time around and they had their mics on. Definitely better than the online one they did. As long as SM sees there are people interested, they will keep doing it. I hope they bring the collabs back. That was one of the best things about the SM concerts. I heard they will have another one in Japan. Hope they will be interesting collabs there

Yeah the mic on was good. But again the question if they repeat the same set a few times over will I watch it? Not sure lol. It’s great now cuz we haven’t seen people live in a while. So hearing live vocals is a novelty.

I still think the actual concert itself is quite boring.

• last time i watched an sm town concert super junior got to perform like 10 songs while everyone else got 3 or 4 max. i'm not sitting through that again.

Well, unlike literally everyone else in SM, Super Junior actually always bother to perform new remixes and brand-new dance breaks for SM Towns while everyone else does the bare minimum. So it's always very well deserved stage time with them.

It has always been funny for me seeing SM stans complain about SJ putting in effort instead of complaining about their faves not putting in effort.

• i was thinking too why sm is doing smtown in korea and japan when all their groups can hold own concerts there. Atleast bring smtown to europe and south america where kpop fanbase is small. Even many kpop festivals happened this year in various countries why cant sm do it

• Well, unlike literally everyone else in SM, Super Junior actually always bother to perform new remixes and brand-new dance breaks for SM Towns while everyone else does the bare minimum. So it's always very well deserved stage time with them.

It has always been funny for me seeing SM stans complain about SJ putting in effort instead of complaining about their faves not putting in effort.

their music is unenjoyable. that they put in more effort than other sm groups means zero to me.

• i was thinking too why sm is doing smtown in korea and japan when all their groups can hold own concerts there. Atleast bring smtown to europe and south america where kpop fanbase is small. Even many kpop festivals happened this year in various countries why cant sm do it

They did do it in South America before COVID so probably they will!

• Well, unlike literally everyone else in SM, Super Junior actually always bother to perform new remixes and brand-new dance breaks for SM Towns while everyone else does the bare minimum. So it's always very well deserved stage time with them.

I never knew suju got any extra time eye- but then again I repressed most SM town so maybe that’s why I don’t know :cryingr: :angryr:

• I dont understand your question.

its simple, they make money from it.

also, I think its a great way to expose certain artists to other fandoms.

for example, key got new fansites after smtown (which he deserves).

No I disagree I don’t think the money for organizing so many acts in a 4 hour long concert is worth it. It’s more like investment in the brand name. Which I actually think is unnecessary.

• I never knew suju got any extra time eye- but then again I repressed most SM town so maybe that’s why I don’t know :cryingr: :angryr:

It's relative. I don't think they as a group necessarily get more time (maybe only if you add up all the subunits and soloists), but they usually perform medleys of several songs together so it looks to non fans like they performed more than their faves. So it's like snippets of 5 or 6 songs mixed together versus 3 or 4 entire songs from other groups.

• No I disagree I don’t think the money for organizing so many acts in a 4 hour long concert is worth it. It’s more like investment in the brand name. Which I actually think is unnecessary.

I dont think you understand how business works.

artists and the companies make generally more money with concerts than album sales.

they also sell special merch.

so where is your point?

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

♦ visit my aesthetic shop here

• their music is unenjoyable. that they put in more effort than other sm groups means zero to me.

It's perfectly fine if you don't like their music, I'm just saying there's a reason they get the stage time they get. Every time they participate in a joint concert they end up getting lots of praise from non fans for their music and the energy the bring to the stage. I have literally seen wholeass antis lose their shit over their performances in kcons and smtowns 🤷

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!