Twice aren't ever going to fully change their concept, and I need some people to realize that(rant)

• There has been discourse on Twice's concept from i-fans since the dawn of time, they are a popular group with a brighter concept after all, it's inevitable. But some people are really starting to get on my last nerve. And surprisingly, it's not non-fans, it's Onces. So basically, today on Twitter, Mina basically confirmed that Talk That Talk is a brighter concept and some so called Onces immediately started bitching. Saying how they were getting the 'Scientist' or 'Sneakers' treatment again and started complining about how Twice needed to switch it up and that thier bright concept is outdated, And to that I say;

No. Absolutly not.

Number one is that there have been several hints pointing to Talk That Talk being a lighter concept, from the aesthetic of the scheduler and the digital album cover to the snippet of the song. Yall just chose what fit your narrative than got mad even though you ignored big hints on what the title track would be like. Number two is, and i'm going to say this with my whole chest,

Twice will never be the girl crush badasses some of yall want them to be. Let. It. Go.

In the wise words of a youtuber I follow, Twice never changed their concept, they just matured what was already there. Twice's entire concept is hyper feminine and delicate, yet confident girls turned women. That's their image, and even after maturing their concept they stuck to it. You can see that in the way that Twice's most girl crush-esque songs, Breakthrough and Perfect World, are very VERY tame compared to girl crush groups like Blackpink, CLC, Everglow, 4minute, and hell even SNSD when they do more powerful songs. These two examples are more elegant and sophisticated, rather than badass. And that's the entire point.

For the past four years, Twice has been building on the cutesy, sweet, girl next door image they had since debut rather than abandoning it. And even sometimes coming back to it with a more mature twist(The Feels and Scientist.) So, for the love of god, please stop complaining when they do what they have always done for the past seven years. They're an established group with an established image and concept. They aren't going to ever change that concept and if you want a super badass sexy girl crush style group, Twice just isn't the group for you.

• I would just like to say that this rant isn't dedicated to Onces who are curious about Twice trying different concepts but stay respectful. This is for the people who act like toddlers when things don't go their way.

Also, sorry if this came off as a bit aggressive, I'm just tired of people ignoring the writing on the wall and then complaining. I should probably get off Twitter if I'm being honest.

• Wdym Scientist is obviously girl crush :mad:

:teeheek:

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It needed to be said, anyone who says twice need to change are not a real fan and can go play in the dirt somewhere else

The people that say it are the bg/girl crush fans that are casual listeners to twice tbqh BUT I really do notice that majority of this complaints that didn't come from straight up antis are from boygroup fans. Cute = BAD blah blah xyz they're mature woman xyz do an ahjumma sexy mature concept yada yada yada. Just say you hate being happy and that you're edgy, can't even appreciate happy and cute songs without feeling the need to drag it cause you're that sad and insecure in your life frfr. I hate them the most. :pepe-shrug:

• I'm not sure what you mean by "brighter concept," but if the actual concept doesn't match what we've seen in the trailer & teasers and is a more typical cutesy Twice concept, a lot of people are going to be peeved, and for perfectly good reason. There's a big difference between just sticking to the usual tone of your concepts and actively deceiving people into believing you're switching things up when you really aren't. And yes, they need to switch things up. I don't care how much you like the Twice you've already seen, they can't do that forever. Do you want them to become Blackpink, where everyone can guess exactly what their song will sound like and what the MV will look like before it's even released? That's not artistry, it's the bare minimum, and it shouldn't be encouraged. Especially for a group that doesn't automatically do gangbusters on the charts no matter what sort of repetitive trash they release.

:tea-bee:

It needed to be said, anyone who says twice need to change are not a real fan and can go play in the dirt somewhere else

People who think like this are exactly why groups stagnate and lose their popularity. If you're content with what you've already been given, that's all you'll ever get.

Edited once, last by jt3000 ().

• I'm not sure what you mean by "brighter concept," but if the actual concept doesn't match what we've seen in the trailer & teasers and is a more typical cutesy Twice concept, a lot of people are going to be peeved, and for perfectly good reason. There's a big difference between just sticking to the usual tone of your concepts and actively deceiving people into believing you're switching things up when you really aren't. And yes, they need to switch things up. I don't care how much you like the Twice you've already seen, they can't do that forever. Do you want them to become Blackpink, where everyone can guess exactly what their song will sound like and what the MV will look like before it's even released? That's not artistry, it's the bare minimum, and it shouldn't be encouraged. Especially for a group that doesn't automatically do gangbusters on the charts no matter what sort of repetitive trash they release.

:tea-bee:

People who think like this are exactly why groups stagnate and lose their popularity. If you're content with what you've already been given, that's all you'll ever get.

I’m content with what they have and if that’s all I ever get, I won’t mind. I stanned them because I love what they already have, not because I’m hoping they bend themselves to how I want them to be. Also, to me, a group being predictable isn’t bad at all. If they can do it well and enjoy it, then why change something that doesn’t need to be fixed? Different strokes for different folks though, this is probably something we won’t see eye to eye on, I just wanted to get it off of my chest.

• I’m content with what they have and if that’s all I ever get, I won’t mind. I stanned them because I love what they already have, not because I’m hoping they bend themselves to how I want them to be. Also, to me, a group being predictable isn’t bad at all. If they can do it well and enjoy it, then why change something that doesn’t need to be fixed? Different strokes for different folks though, this is probably something we won’t see eye to eye on, I just wanted to get it off of my chest.

Suit yourself. Just know that stagnation has rarely been the formula for success. Hopefully they won't be in a position where I have to say "I told you so" in a couple years.

• Some points I agree with and some I don't. TWICE did change their concept with M&M and ICSM, you can't tell me they were just a more mature version of what they had already put out before.

Both their songs in 2020 had a storyline and artistically it was their best year. TWICE's versatility really stood out that year. Maybe they weren't as successful as their other songs that people tend to overlook them.

After that they went back to summer songs and bright concepts for some reason. I don't have a problem with it but I am gonna be honest, Formula of Love is the highest rated kpop album and I will brag about it anytime but EWO is better.

I also prefer Feel Special over Taste of Love. Twice don't need a concept change but a concept change would be nice. They don't need to do GC concept for it to be a change.

I like their recent albums but I would love a EWO style comeback again, not necessarily retro just something dark.

We have got bright concept since AF, I just hope whatever they are putting out after TTT is something different.

BUT, ONCEs on Twitter shouldn't be bitching about concept change cause it was clear from the start that the album had a bright concept.

• I’m content with what they have and if that’s all I ever get, I won’t mind. I stanned them because I love what they already have, not because I’m hoping they bend themselves to how I want them to be. Also, to me, a group being predictable isn’t bad at all. If they can do it well and enjoy it, then why change something that doesn’t need to be fixed? Different strokes for different folks though, this is probably something we won’t see eye to eye on, I just wanted to get it off of my chest.

Personally a group like Twice who comeback often do need to mix their sound a bit, ICSM, Alcohol Free, etc.

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• I love their bright side, really. I loved that they went for different concepts since 2019, but the bright side always have a big place in my heart. Scientist, yes, it was a disappointment, but it was not about the concept, but the song was not that good. I kind of hope that Talk That Talk is promising. I like the way TWICE is making their songs, the evolution of music and concepts.

And if you stick to the "TWICE not fully changing their concept" reason to hate on them?

Cute - a lot, find it yourselves.

Badass, girlcrush - Perfect World

Fancy, elegant - Fake & True, Feel Special

Mature - I Can't Stop Me, Breakthrough, Fancy

Mix of both - More & More, Yes Or Yes, BDZ

Hey! TWICE has a lot for you to discover, you know!

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• Personally a group like Twice who comeback often do need to mix their sound a bit, ICSM, Alcohol Free, etc.

True, I will give you that some versatility is nice and I’m not opposed to it, in fact, I don’t mind it, I just don’t see it as an absolute must if that makes sense. That being said, I do like how they changed things up with ICSM and Alcohol Free. Both of those were bops and refreshing, but had we got more super cutesy titles instead of them, I would have been fine too. I’m making no sense, am I? I guess my point is that I don’t care all that much either way. If they change, great, if not, also great, but they don’t have to go to one side or the other. At least not for me personally, everyone is different and has different thoughts on this and that’s perfectly okay.

• True, I will give you that some versatility is nice and I’m not opposed to it, in fact, I don’t mind it, I just don’t see it as an absolute must if that makes sense. That being said, I do like how they changed things up with ICSM and Alcohol Free. Both of those were bops and refreshing, but had we got more super cutesy titles instead of them, I would have been fine too. I’m making no sense, am I? I guess my point is that I don’t care all that much either way. If they change, great, if not, also great, but they don’t have to go to one side or the other. At least not for me personally, everyone is different and has different thoughts on this and that’s perfectly okay.

As long as the song is a BOP! That is all that matter.

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• I dislike your take because on average since Fancy, Twice b-sides are no longer cute or bright. Even most of the songs with member involvement all tend to be stronger concept songs.

It's contradictory to see the people that think their b-sides are all of a sudden much stronger and consistent not want their title songs to reflect that.

I don't see the logic in praising their newer b-sides as some of their best work, yet not wanting that with their title tracks just to keep the image of colour pop Twice alive. By not showcasing the versatility to the masses through title tracks there growth will always be behind their peers who see bigger incremental jumps as colour pop as a concept.

When it comes to JYPE and Twice you can't have your cake and eat it too. People want bright concepts for Korean charting purposes but then also want the stronger concepts for listening purposes/more acclaimed releases (as we know a mini of bubble-gum pop songs isn't going to get recognition from western publications). But Twice pretty much never have b-side content or pre-releases so unless you get a stronger concept title track, no-one outside the fandom is going to see that side of Twice and it limits their growth. The obvious comparative is BP who also get abuse for lack of change but they actually put out pre-releases and then have a main title track different from that, both which hit different parts of the fandom and public.

• Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would be expecting anything other than a "bright" concept...

TWICE-11th-Mini-Album-BETWEEN-1-2-Concept-Teasers-documents-1.jpeg?v=47154

:whatb:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BBA01A80-11E9-49CF-8A72-F28FB0C6FC7E.jpegA9942F1D-525F-463E-AEFF-6FB00E8575A3.jpeg

If you expected something else then...

• Did you watch that first video? It's the exact same concept as the teaser photo I posted, and in case you missed the point I was making, it's not their usual "bright" concept at all.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!