Do you guys think you can finally forgive Irene?

• After the incident with the stylist many users on the site expressed their rage and disappointment. So I was wondering do you guys think you are able to forgive her after this 2nd apology.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• After the incident with the stylist many users on the site expressed their rage and disappointment. So I was wondering do you guys think you are able to forgive her after this 2nd apology.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I already forgave her

When I'm with you, a magical thing happens

• I do not understand this "scandal" JYP was never cancelled when he was a rookie for being demanding and he was way worse than Irene's one issue according to reports. There have been numerous rude as heck male idols since who are rude all the time and they are not screamed at or threatened. They are called kings and bosses. So, why the hatred for Irene for making one mistake?

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• None of my buisness lmao

She was rude to the stylist not me

Her stylist accepted her apology so I’m good

Hopefully she won’t do anything like that again

• She doesn't need my forgiveness per se. People deserve second chances on bad behavior that aren't criminal. I didn't follow her solo activities that closely anyway, so how I behave toward her won't change regardless.

The group shouldn't suffer because of one individual.

• I acknowledge what she has done in the past and all rude behavior she was doing in her job.

The past can't be erased or changed

Now I just hope she change her ways for the better and don't go back to her past self.

She needs to ask for forgiveness from the people that she worked with from the past which may have experienced her rude behavior in the past.

Doing the best at her job at the expense of being rude to her co workers is not acceptable.

Difference in opinion and having a verbal debate at your job is not the problem.

You can have more than 20 minutes of verbal debate and discuss your difference in opinion and perspective without being rude to others.

It may look like I'm being too harsh on her when I don't even know the context of what has happened.

But the fact of the matter is the problem was big enough for someone to speak up in the public domain for everyone to see.

And the one that is speaking up is putting herself at risk from working at the industry in the future. Not to mention all harassment that she's getting for speaking up in the public domain.

All in all I hope Irene can change for the better. Her fans would want that too.

• Before It was difficult for me to but with the new year being here and all one of the things I've decided to work on is "forgiveness" and trying to think the best of others and not the worst... so yes i've forgiven her and i'm very happy red velvet is all together now with Wendy's return. Hopefully they'll have a very successful 2021 with no further incidents. :)

MCNDLOONAASTROMAMAMOOTOO

• I wasn’t the victim so there was no reason for me to “forgive” her. If the stylist herself accepted her apology we should all move on.

That being said, I am a little disappointed in Irene but I do believe in second chances (even though she only apologized because she got called out). I love red velvet a lot and want them to keep releasing music so I will support the girls in their career.

• umm forgive? We DONT have any right to forgive her or not to forgive her. She did nothing to us and own us nothing. Its quite rich to think that our (all the people who wasmt part of this incident) forgiveness has any weight in this

• It's not my place to forgive

I just hope she keeps to her word is all

whats that one saying words get blown with the wind or smth

I don't hate her tho she was my bias along with seulgi since debut :(

• The stylist already accepted her apology tho. It's not my place to forgive her but after i've read her message to fans i felt like she did learn her lesson and reflected on her behaviour; i feel like she deserve a second chance from the fans and the people she work with.

i want to be a part of your page
    i want to interfere in your story

• the stylist forgave her and all

I understand that she is human and make mistakes, I hope she learns from that mistake and can behave better or something, lets expect she truly reflected on this yeah but why people still angry at her? everyone deserves a second chance and I need RV cb so... but in a more serious note rn, seriously everyone deserves a second chance it's not like she commited a serious crime

• It's not up to "us" to forgive her. But, as someone who used to ult Irene, her scandal deeply hurt me as a fan. Red Velvet and their music is my safe space, my comfort zone. The members and their music always made me smile and laugh after a tumultuous day. After the scandal, it was hard for me to consume Red Velvet's music because it made me feel like everything was a lie.

Red Velvet is one of the more down to earth groups that rarely exaggerate their personalities for skinship or clickbait. I loved how raw and real they were, so Irene's scandal made me question things. I also felt slightly uncomfortable with Irene, not to the point that I wanted her to be removed, but more that I felt neutral on her.

If you've been following Red Velvet recently, you can tell Irene is shaken up by the scandal. She's much more self-conscious and aware of how she presents herself on camera. Just look at their SMT ticket making video and their performance. I could tell she's beating herself up over the scandal. I'm glad she released another apology and went more in-depth in terms of how she messed up and how she plans to correct her behavior going forward. I genuinely believe Irene is reflecting on her behavior and wants to become a better person. I'm looking forward to seeing that growth and becoming her fan again.

♥ My Love Is like Water ♥

311affc808fe8b84b748ffc0ba9642c4df6edb5b.gifvb8efbd7a179cbb92409a6f72934b5f19878bbc3e.gifvfb085854c6994cd9cf7d1e021583a8869dbf35d3.gifv525f540e2c36dad00d209964a89dc1f2f31c3627.gifv

• The issue was between her and the stylist as well as any others she may have acted rudely towards. I see it as something between them. There's nothing for me to forgive her for.

That said here's my response I posted in another thread:

Good for her. This seems like a sincere letter of reflection.

If those that promote the idea of socially enforced mass criticism to enact desired change don't find this adequate I don't know that they will ever be satisfied with her.

To me it strikes me as someone who has sincerely thought about their actions and how they might improve and move forward.

I was never one to cancel or be massively critical of Irene. I was disappointed as I think treatment of underlings is an important marker of character. But her addressing it and making amends with the other person. As well as following her initial apology up with a statement like this that reflects on their mistakes and pledges to do better and seems sincere. That's indication to me that she's someone who has made steps and indicated they wish to change.

As a fan that's as much as one could ask for.

We all have flaws. Failures. Times we are unfair or mean. If one can't find redemption from mistakes it really seems a more pitiful and bleak world. One I don't want to live in.

Irene seems to want to find that redemption and go forward as a more thoughtful Bae Juhyun.

As a fan I'm proud of her. And wish her the best in that journey

• Exactly my thoughts.

• i forgive her, she was extremely wrong for what she did especially bc she’s a grown woman. but i think she’s done a good job at self reflecting, and has written an apology twice already. the second one is appreciated bc it shows she is still growing from her mistakes and is going to continue trying to be a better person. so i admire her for that especially cause shes doing soooo much better than some idols who havent done HALF the self reflection irene has. theres gonna be ppl who are still harsh on her but im convinced they just never liked irene in the first place anyways.

also i do think it is up to fans to forgive her or not (stylist aside, shes the main one) bc this scandal embarrassed her fans who are fans of her or the group. also it just leaves a sour taste in fans mouth bc shes not exactly who we thought she was (granted not every idol is but this was for the worse)

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• I dont think there was anything to forgive in the first place. This whole situation just made me look at her a bit more like a normal person, not some heavenly deity perfect in every way.

• i don't think yelling at someone who helps you for that long and making them cry is not just a mistake but a sign of a really bad character so

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• No. It's not hard to not be an asshole, but she still chose to be one.

She's a good actress... Playing a good girl in public, while being a jerk behind the scenes. What's to say this apology isn't an act? You'll never know.

• "I tought that I was getting along well with the people around me in my own way, so I didn't know that my methods of communication or my expressions could become a problem, and I just thought that everyone has different ways of communicating."

I find this part kinda weird? Like making that staff member cry in front of you wasn't a hint that you're not really getting along? :sweatr:

I think that part wasn't necessary because it comes off as an excuse. But the editor forgave her, and that's what matter the most.

• The stylist forgiven her so I'm good. I do really hope she becomes a better person than she was in the past.

External Content www.youtube.com

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!