[TRIGGER WARNING: SUICIDE] Netizen who claims to be ex-April Hyunjoo's younger brother says she was bullied out of the group

• This is gaining a lot of traction on Pann and TheQoo.

Original Pann Post (please check directly since my translation isn't 100% correct) - https://m.pann.nate.com/talk/358126178

April's ex-member Hyunjoo left the group on October 29th 2016. At the time, the company said that she left to focus on acting, but according to her younger brother, that absolutely wasn't true.

According to him, Hyunjoo was bullied by the then members of April (Chaewon, Naeun, Yena, Jinsol) so badly that she developed panic disorder and eventually even tried to commit suicide.

The other April members apparently pushed for Hyunjoo to leave. Hyunjoo wanted to because of the bullying and her company told her through a letter to say she left to focus on acting, which she did word for word.

Hyunjoo's younger brother didn't want to bring this up earlier because it might harm Hyunjoo's image who resolved to focus on acting after her departure. However, he hates that the April members are doing well now without even apologizing for the pain they caused Hyunjoo. He details a time when his mother went to visit the company and the members just laughed when they saw her.

He says his patience has worn thin and hopes that the April members no longer appear on TV and remind his sister and parents of all the abuse she suffered at their hands.

The original post has proof that he's her younger brother. Fans have asked him to post Katalk messages and the company's 'pressure letter' to Hyunjoo forcing her to leave and he said he will. He did post proof of another document though I'm not too sure what it is.

EDIT: Allkpop article with translation - https://www.allkpop.com/articl…nt-where-she-got-suicidal

EDIT 2: I edited some parts that were incorrect translations.

UPDATE: DSP Media is now 'checking the facts' - https://theqoo.net/index.php?m…l&document_srl=1866988754

• Personally, if this is true and the environment of the team is hostile, it would explain why Somin left so early and why Hyunjoo went into a three-month hiatus before leaving the group. I remember an industry insider saying that when a member of a group goes on hiatus for no clear reason (surgery, physical injury etc), it's usually due to bullying.

Chaekyung and Rachel were added to the group after Hyunjoo's departure so I'm assuming they had nothing to do with the bullying.

• :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

saay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.comsaay icons | Tumblrsaay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

• true or not, if you have an ig then might as well leave a nice comment. couldn't hurt. i already see some korean fans leaving supportive messages

• You guys do know Hwayoung never actually accused T-ARA of bullying right?

I just see this thrown around everytime somebody gets directly accused of bullying. It's really not the same

THIS! Netizens just saw misplaced videos and the members' tweets and came to the conclusion that Hwayoung was bullied on their own.

This case (and AOA Mina's) has either the victim, or people close to the victim, accusing the existing members directly. This case may still be false, but it really isn't the same.

• You guys do know Hwayoung never actually accused T-ARA of bullying right?

I just see this thrown around everytime somebody gets directly accused of bullying. It's really not the same

But she never denied it properly either. She did play the victim for years, crying on national TV until finally many years after a staff member said the truth about it.

• THIS! Netizens just saw misplaced videos and the members' tweets and came to the conclusion that Hwayoung was bullied on their own.

This case (and AOA Mina's) has either the victim, or people close to the victim, accusing the existing members directly. This case may still be false, but it really isn't the same.

I perfectly understand being impartial but there's a big difference between strangers on the internet saying you did something and somebody from your own team saying it. If this is really her brother than yikes, they can kiss all that progress they made goodbye.

• But she never denied it properly either. She did play the victim for years, crying on national TV until finally many years after a staff member said the truth about it.

She did deny it. Just not as much as she should have and she never admitted what she did that caused them to tweet about her. I don't like how she played herself up as the bigger person but still

• But she never denied it properly either. She did play the victim for years, crying on national TV until finally many years after a staff member said the truth about it.

She was obviously not in good terms with them bcoz they posted shady tweets right after she left so it makes sense why she didn't feel the need to defend them bcoz both sides didn't like each other.

• She was obviously not in good terms with them bcoz they posted shady tweets right after she left so it makes sense why she didn't feel the need to defend them bcoz both sides didn't like each other.

Plus, them being bullies to her gave her a huge advantage in terms of public support. She was easily on the bottom of popularity lists when she was still in T-ara and playing the victim shot her popularity up, of course she would be happy with the turn of events.

However, she did deny that she was bullied, though it wasn't very firm or strong.

• The timing is quite weird, Naeun has been doing good for like 2 years by now, why he didn't posted earlier since one of the reason he said is because he hated April members doing good?

Well let's see how it ends

• Another one ? Nothing is confirmed yet so I can’t say much. But it’s sounds like another two sides, two truths kinda story.

Cause in cases like this where allegedly the whole Group bullied one member, I really ask myself if bullying took place or if they just didn’t liked that member for a specific reason and therefore treated them indifferently? Cause these are two complete different things like the T-ara case. Cause it’s really weird that a whole Group that should work together end up ganging up against one member. So I’m waiting for more information on this.

Also why is he coming out with this? I hope he asked for permission first before he posted about her life.

• She was obviously not in good terms with them bcoz they posted shady tweets right after she left so it makes sense why she didn't feel the need to defend them bcoz both sides didn't like each other.

Not liking someone doesn't mean I have to let them go through hell for 5+ years. She played the victim, made sure all of korea remembered the scandal atleast once a year by crying on TV, even though she was the actual bitch. Good thing her evil character eventually got out. I guess better late than never.

Anyway, let's stop since we're derailing the thread

• Luckily for Inkigayo, her stint as an MC (along with Monsta X's Minhyuk and NCT's Jaehyun) ended today. So, they won't have to deal with any potential falling out like all the shit Music Core is dealing with SKZ's Hyunjin right now (people are mass emailing MBC asking them to fire Hyunjin).

Oh yeah i remember seeing that news, I only mentioned it bcoz I remember watching Naeun doing multiple gigs.

Yup, I saw the articles asking for his removal and I'm sure they will remove him as well.

Plus, them being bullies to her gave her a huge advantage in terms of public support. She was easily on the bottom of popularity lists when she was still in T-ara and playing the victim shot her popularity up, of course she would be happy with the turn of events.

However, she did deny that she was bullied, though it wasn't very firm or strong.

Yes, she got back to back acting gigs bcoz of the sympathy she got, her roles in My Father Is Strange and Age Of Youth were huge and both were extremely successful dramas.

I honestly don't see her as an extremely bad person bcoz of that tbh, she did defend them but public didn't want to listen, her not going in full length to clear Tara's name only proves that she was not a saint who'll defend people who didn't like her/who she didn't like. The whole fiasco of both sisters getting exposed was their karma for that I guess.

• Keep eyes open for both sides.

Some of you seem to be instinctively taking the side of the other girls, just wait for the facts to be confirmed before jumping to conclusions.

Genuinely though I am never more disappointed as when someone comments, "Why now?"

Bullying leaves scars on the victims FOR LIFE and it can be very hard for some to speak up sometimes.

Please be more understanding

• Not liking someone doesn't mean I have to let them go through hell for 5+ years. She played the victim, made sure all of korea remembered the scandal atleast once a year by crying on TV, even though she was the actual bitch. Good thing her evil character eventually got out. I guess better late than never.

Anyway, let's stop since we're derailing the thread

Like someone above mentioned, she did defend them, but public was more interested in enjoying the fun of labelling T-ARA as bullies. I'm not defending Hwayoung, in fact if you are an active user you'd have seen me posting here about T-ARA esp Jiyeon and Eunjung a lot. But I think for T-ARA's situation, public deserves more guilt. Yup, both sisters got exposed and they got their karma but it was too late bcoz T-ARA lost their prime years due to bullying scandal.

Yeah sure, I don't want to derail the thread either.

• What’s the reaction over there in theqoo and pann :sweatr:

Negative towards the remaining members of April barring Chaekyung and Rachel. People are commenting about Hyunjoo being April's center when she was in the group and how the other members must not have liked it. They're even pulling up an old vlive with Hyunjoo as an insight into how members were bullying her (not sure which one this is, but it has Hyunjoo drinking some kind of juice thing, idk). There's a post about how Chaekyung mentioned she had a tough time getting along with the girls when she first joined so people are using that against April too. There's another post about Naeun's upcoming drama and how they feel bad that the production crew has to now deal with this.

Right now, it's a lot of pulling up old videos and exaggerating the context. We saw people do that with Jimin and AOA too. But, the general opinion is on Hyunjoo's side.

• Their songs last year (Lalalilala especially) did pretty well on the charts and Naeun is almost it-girl level. But I think he also meant it figuratively like 'they're doing fine with no remorse over their actions'

In Korea she is it girl level, because she ranked so many times very high on individual brand rep rank

as for Hyunjoo this is part of article about her from 2017

Former APRIL member Hyunjoo appeared on the show and opened up about leaving the group due to her health reasons in the middle of “Tinkerbell” promotions in April of 2016. Lee Hyun Joo said, “It was unfair that I couldn’t promote because I was sick. I couldn’t give up. I have a dream and I am confident I will work hard. I will think of this as my last chance and show you a performance that I won’t regret.”

and a clip from unit

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This thread contains 69 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!