why are fans so obsessed and so demanding of kpop idols?

• bcoz those fan are stupid

they think they own the idol life coz they buy single/album

demanding content everyday

calling drought if no content in 1 week

like dude? get a life and touch a grass

• I think theres many issues with this sort of thing, but there are times where fans cross the line and this is nothing new, since before 2 gen some fans feel entitled to the idol's entire life needless to say this is an individual problem, some people seems to not see an idol as a real human being tbh

• For me I don't really need daily updates from my faves

But sometimes you are just worried on like what is the company's direction for them

Ima just use my faves as an example. Xdinary Heroes their debut was end last year, and after all that it's radio silent.

After that, we have NMIXX who got like more promotion than them, appeared in some concerts and all (I never follow closely but I see random performances of them pop up here and there), while Xdinary Heroes have just like disappeared.

And suddenly out of nowhere we have random announcement of them apologising for not doing much (or something along that line) as if they did something wrong, or that something might have happened but we don't know shit.

And NMIXX got a fandom name earlier than them. Yes I know this isn't like a big deal like woah icy why you overreacting, but knowing the difference in treatment that Day6 got compared to other groups in JYPE, you can't help but get worried.

I swear to got if NMIXX (no hate to them) gets a comeback earlier than them ima throw hands

• If it wasnt for the fans these stars would be nothing. Im tired of this notion that celebrities owe nothing to their fans. Then fucking release your shit for free. This is especially true with kpop where there is also tons of demands on the fans. Fans translate, organize streamings, organize bulk purchases, create content, and many things more free of charge for the groups. Is it so much to ask for that they post every so often to release music, covers, go on YouTube, or go on v live, or any other fan interaction site. No fan is asking for communication everyday or posting everyday of music three times a year. No, in fact when groups do do that fans usually say that they should comeback less. So yes for the amount of effort many fans put into stanning these groups, and kpop groups and companies tacitly encourage such efforts. We should as fans demand they do some interactions. Also its the idols jobs to do this. I work as a teacher, can I just not interact with my students everyday because I am tired? How about parents? do I owe them nothing for the time and money they spend on their children and education? Of course there are reasonable limits but I dont think most kpop fans are asking for everyday communication or 10 releases of music a year.

Not to mention that these idols, at least the very popular ones not the minor ones of course, make significantly more money through sponsors, and the like that their fans will never make. Members from groups like BTS, TWICE, SVT, BP, NCT are all basically millionaires. Their fans usually are not and instead are children or young adults who need to ask parents for money or work hard to earn their money. They spend their time streaming and making content for their favorite groups. Its a very small ask for that said group to release music or interact with fans. Hell these fans buy tens or hundreds of albums just to spend 15 seconds with the artists. Tell me less please about who is entitled here. Your point of view is that artist are entitled to our money and time for nothing in return. Thats bullshit.

Kpop companies and idols, yes idols too, demand a lot from fans, you cant create such an atmosphere and then complain about having to then do stuff for fans. You want to do less then fine demand less from your fans.

❤️ Twice | Jihyo ❤️

Twice Jihyo Gif - twice 2020

Edited 3 times, last by Teudungi21 ().

• ikr? Is weird how some 40 years old feel entitled about kpop idols, demanding certains behaviors and hallucinating about how this idols love them and live for them, crazy folks. And when idols don't meet their expectations they are always bitching about how idols don't care about the fans. Go touch some grass, get a fucking life

• Some fans get obsessed with everything K pop as they think they own idols and have power over them. They are not public property and can and will do what they like, when they like. It's the fans that have the problem imo, not the idols.

• ikr? Is weird how some 40 years old feel entitled about kpop idols, demanding certains behaviors and hallucinating about how this idols love them and live for them, crazy folks. And when idols don't meet their expectations they are always bitching about how idols don't care about the fans. Go touch some grass, get a fucking life

very this

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!