[theqoo/enter-talk] MUSIC BANK'S #1'S SCORE TODAY

• [theqoo/enter-talk] MUSIC BANK'S #1'S SCORE TODAY

AVvXsEjRWd_9BxW4U4t4tl-vy0v3gWSAjyn8ckvashgmGCKdMMRepwAQEA7tGZaBhp6r0XXW1KdG6o7hi8DY5KsgMBjWG3pFZjAZy-mDEAjeawV637RPaxW9xt0VjfUFVlTDA5Kwp14o2LHWe7c9UZdg7IMCZ36ZKi9loSi7rXxYmLV9yO6BrxDcY7tW8h2N=s16000
    (Top down) - Digital score
    - Broadcast score
    - Audience score
    - Physical score
    - social media score

AVvXsEj9ldUxRMcbIqpJpECHKhcPSUZl9_93QnMpmxgDJc06v-5t7AsSAJiwSBxCtJ7u1JWGDSGk2ekv_b-C40sBZOrsh6iTsl-3Zgk9d8oxRAfnzJdXzaXG3sybUr3Bz6VDnLL9nV3eUJ796cGNewKV1r7IHz195Uor5b22HqdD8mGuyy3JLfgHuK5SLkSb=s16000

original post: here

1. At this rate, is there even any meaning in winning #1..?

2. Is this even allowed..? Does it make any sense that the highest score they received was not related to music?

3. This reminds me of IU and Laboum..

5. No but just how amazing was their broadcast performance that they still won #1 despite not even having half of his physical sales...?

6. The show needs to change their name to Broadcast point Bank

7. Huh why aren't they giving it to Im Youngwoong?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋWhat a messㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. This is seriously severe..ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I could've understood if Im Youngwoong didn't appear on the show, but both of them were on the show and since he's higher than them on both physical and digital scores, they had to give them a higher broadcast score. This is seriously broadcast point bank

9. What's up with those broadcast points??

10. Huh? How does Im Youngwoong not qualify to win #1?

11. Wow what the? This makes no sense. Im Youngwoong is performing there, how did he get 0 broadcast points??? This is seriously crazy

12. How can Im Youngwoong get 0 broadcast points?? This is weird

13. They crossed the line

14. How did Im Youngwoong get 0 points? His song is even playing everywhere in the radio

15. Hul we're talking about Im Youngwoong here..??

[enter-talk] MUBANK WHO ABSOLUTELY WANTED TO GIVE THE #1 TO LE SSERAFIM

AVvXsEjDpBfZD4vZ1ydZytq1qTMbg1WJ-H2rIUy-4ETcqgiOW2569-CxcFEPWdvhHy5vShUksUl0Q-N0DK23dzG7sPKLLjuDO9zI8uIsxlCzEr_L6J1FQ--J9HFTT9i2kM430YgpTBOXHbBBeMA8CTY41W0ChIf7CfYhQ_12yAumW3U-mc-pk1qYrAvvMeOP=s16000

Look at the broadcast pointsㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

post response:
    [+351][-9]

1. [+210, -1]
    Don't call this a #1, this is embarrassing

2. [+196, -1]
    Seriously this is so severe. Usually for people to have high broadcast scores, they should already have high physical and digital points too

3. [+177, -0]
    They're losing to him in both digital and physical scores, but they're won #1 thanks to broadcast scores only? This is the first time I've heard of it. Everyone I've seen have won with a combination of physical and digital sales

4. [+98, -0]
    Im Youngwoong's expression = our expressions... Seriously my eyes were opened wide... Really?? I thought Im Youngwoong's win was a given

5. [+81, -1]
    No but it's not like Im Youngwoong wasn't on Music Bank, he appeared on KBS a few times to promote his songs already and he's getting 0 points for broadcast??? It's freaking nonsense. He sold 1M physical albums and he's in Melon top 10 but wouldn't win #1ㄷㄷ

[enter-talk] MUSIC BANK'S BROADCAST POINTS IN REAL TIME

AVvXsEhAVd7NDhrFYcjNDkJJsMUKKX2eYMTF_oy6xcfr4CYlv45ugEKDhPArMIaiz-zJ750f8DQmbqVK6G2xqL0Y1L6J1cKT5D4_nJzF45aPe3jQYvEfSbNUKoFhX9kNCRbQO0qfxqC33Niv9wF6k7g29M1Tazzv94nALyaMhDvAWJrdlJa-5B9p4ivn1Obw=s16000

Even the idols behind were astoundedㅋㅋㅋㅋ

AVvXsEjunWTaukgFmA1lYVI-DOjBRL09YfXMskIl65D7-D-BwkAerhZ2tdyIEghPfNAiZzRL7hFk-GxH1wRPV6MTCE1WpUjjxKive7kqeTNjntff3x5vG9jqsKWsuArvv_u1YfTEXjYTGG_kDPYRNtcApCqH8Io_JAHZqiYoQIzS3_yyswGmJY86Xype2A2H=s16000

AVvXsEhwXXtVjqQUnQyUQEOFhPPsoKckCdw-xeA0slPF82OxZ-ulaPCDBFzcOu3Ttp2Dnxna8UZoKy67v3OsPVFkNC6KhIxEjQw1SJhMxzgi8Gzr5Qohvghk-n6C5dBKMHvB3by1OJbOPj5dZIFI80tX1hJ00N7ZT8xiEsJsH6iwZN7K2hO790MuhIZ2evuD=s16000

Le Sserafim won with only broadcast points despite losing in both physical and digital

post response:
    [+824][-27]

1. [+486, -3]
    5000 broadcast points f*ckㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I hope nobody will go around saying they won over Im Youngwoong

2. [+479, -7]
    They lost in both physical and digital points, this is a first in history with Le Sserafim. Everyone has won with either physical or digital so far

3. [+411, -1]
    What in the hell is their criteria? I'm a fan of another boy group but I can't understand... They can't even match him in digital or physicalㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+224, -0]
    I'm not a fan of Im Youngwoong but seriously this is just wrong. He has both physical and digital sales, it was so obvious that Im Youngwoong would win #1 but he got his award robbed because of broadcast points. Secondly, why isn't PSY nominated? He has the video which hit 100M views the fastest in 1 week in 2022 and he's also in the Billboard100 charts. He's also #1 and #2 on music sites, but he's not nominated to win #1?? This is not random bank anymore but broadcast bank. It's not like the fans and the singers are ignorant. I'm not bashing Le Sserafim but Music Bank have the wrong criteria

5. [+203, -1]
    Hybe are f*cking low for this seriously... All agencies can change scores by pulling strings at the back. But to do it to this extent is just shamelessㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's not like Im Youngwoong didn't appear on broadcast, he was there

6. [+158, -0]
    They didn't win over other idols but Im Youngwoong...?

AVvXsEg3V_i8TQuZyJVT35nRi42HjHn1eyeXKGkOlw5FMI_pzJtSAUO1i7xAUUUJm2z4RD1a5lUynccz5NH9gr3TG6TMdM7omAP7n6Q3nqv2Vpa-JWyxY-Ch-19x2xRDBBzsIRHEOvh7cgMmXkQ9OYXgmITgvjurHb0lT1jGOkTVxpjyiOLFWmqd2DznbQHA
    "Im Youngwoong's first week sales record appeared in the news"
    (Im Youngwoong first full album surpasses 1.1M in the first week... New record for a solo)

• yeah that 5348 to 0 kind of hurts eyes

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What is broadcast score anyways :pepewhat:

well I guess KBS has multiple tv channels like KBS, KBS 2, KBS N Life, KBS Joy, etc.

also multiple radio stations

so I guess it's just how many times artist appears in other programs on those channels, how many times he guests, how many times his mv is played etc.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Can't hate on a debut group for promoting a lot. It's a bad system though and is once again getting a group dragged through the mud.

• I feel like this is the first time there's been such a big gap with both music categories going to one and the others to someone else. Usually it's a case where it's a bg vs. a gg so they split the categories for the most part.

• well I guess KBS has multiple tv channels like KBS, KBS 2, KBS N Life, KBS Joy, etc.

also multiple radio stations

so I guess it's just how many times artist appears in other programs on those channels, how many times he guests, how many times his mv is played etc.

Number of times the song is played in KBS programs (TV, radio and digital)

Thanks! :pepelove1:

• HYBE is now officially among the "Big"

They can muscle-gerrymander shows to award their groups, that is definitive evidence. The Year end awards would be interesting.

IVE has fantastic numbers on the charts, Eleven after 5 months is still in top 20, Love Dive doing well too.

But Starship does not have the pull HYBE has, so even if Le-fim only does average, they can be 'fearless' about their Rookie awards.

• Music Bank's scoring system is all over the place. The weight the broadcast score has insane.

It's nothing new though, every week is the same story. Groups get nominated, and even win, thanks to an insanely high broadcast score, and not much else.

I've been keeping track of music show scoreboards since IDLE's Tomboy comeback and it never struck me before how KBS can nominate basically anyone they want with this hard-to-track broadcast score.

The physical album score can also weigh in extremely heavily in the total score, for little reason.

Now I don't mind that music shows use different scoring systems from one another. For example, Inkigayo favors digital charting and youtube views; Show Champion grants points in a balanced way across all categories. I think both are legit. Music Bank though? It seems so random!

• since when is Inkigayo legit, they disqualified BTS once with a vague "well we thought this would be fairer to other groups" explanation.

music shows are essentially just a promo thing, they have no real legitimacy either way. It's a cog in the K-Pop publicity machine, nothing more. At the end of the day, they really don't matter, some of the biggest hits of recent years have few or no wins cause they were up against some boygroup with a big voting fanbase, or because they got unlucky with the competition, while middle of the road tracks have 5+ wins cause they came back empty house. Music wins have zero correlation with the actual chart performance of the track they're for, so idk why fans are always up in arms about them.

• Starshit is part of Kakao, which is 5x bigger and more powerful than Hybe.

• Starshit is part of Kakao, which is 5x bigger and more powerful than Hybe.

That too we have discussed earlier.. you are getting worse than Whyknock... stop hammering the same point over and over.

Mere financial muscle is not enough to make any company dominate an industry.

• I mean, if we're gonna complain about broadcast scores, then what about physicals being included in a SONG ranking? Why are album sales being used to prop up a song's popularity?

This... only makes his argument stronger and their win less legitimate cause by the metrics, he's ahead in both digitals and physicals and like was mentioned, IYW wasn't just sitting around not promoting on KBS channels.

• Maybe because the user who I replied mentioned Starship ??? I don’t know :pepewhat:

but that user was only replying to someone who came in here solely to claim that LSFM had no legit success and only Hybe's backing, while IVE deserved their success because they only had Starship's weak backing. When nobody was even talking about Ive.

• but that user was only replying to someone who came in here solely to claim that LSFM had no legit success and only Hybe's backing, while IVE deserved their success because they only had Starship's weak backing. When nobody was even talking about Ive.

I really don’t care...I’m talking with BPHouse and the reason why is because he keeps pulling the same bs it wasn’t toward LSRF

• Got no problems with it. Nobody wants to see musty boomers singing boring generic ballads or trot or whatever he does. His song is only ranked 30 on Melon 24 Hits, only a couple spots ahead of Fearless. Wut are Knetz complaining about?

Are you really here trying to say there is no problem with this??

LYW have 40M on Gaon digital while Fearless have only 6M

LYW have over 1 million physical while Lesserafim have only 300k

and you really here trying to ask why people complain it??

There is nothing wrong with people getting mad on this one. Music Bank need to fix their scoring system so it is based on digital and physical more and not a random broadcast score that decide a winner.

• There is nothing wrong with people getting mad on this one. Music Bank need to fix their scoring system so it is based on performance on chart and physical and not a broadcast score that decide a winner.

Music Bank doesn't NEED to do anything. They can do whatever they want; nothing's at stake here.

If KBS doesn't care that their trophy doesn't mean much, that's their own prerogative. They don't owe anyone anything.

• One thing is sure.

LYW is never appearing on Music Bank for the rest of his life.

Unlike IU, who showed up in Music Bank because at that time OhMyGirl's Arin was hosting it and OMG liked the Senior Singer, and she had to think about other Kakao singers (that partially paid off when StayC did win #1 earlier this year), despite of what happened with Laboum, LYW only has himself in his company and doesn't have to worry about repurcussions.

• I think we need to consider that the surprise winner may be the entire point. idk how well these shows do in the ratings or if it's even that important, but for instance in the US... rating are tracked in 15 minute chunks so broadcasters can actually see if people started their show, but this also determines how much commercials cost during those times. More ratings means more eyes watching an ad which means they can charge more for it.

If you're looking at your ratings trends and the final portion of your show is consistently lower than the preceding portions, then you're gonna want to do something to keep those eyes from changing the channel. Change your points system so it's anyone's ballgame and suddenly people have a reason to watch if only to be mad about it.

• One thing is sure.

LYW is never appearing on Music Bank for the rest of his life.

Unlike IU, who showed up in Music Bank because at that time OhMyGirl's Arin was hosting it and OMG liked the Senior Singer, and she had to think about other Kakao singers (that partially paid off when StayC did win #1 earlier this year), despite of what happened with Laboum, LYW only has himself in his company and doesn't have to worry about repurcussions.

These shows actually need people like IU & LYW more than they need the shows.

Even these surprise wins, might be negotiated "surprise", than real.

• Yeah, knetz have every reason to get mad on this one.

LYW have a big gap in physical and digital and he deserve to win it.

when will Music Bank fix the broadcast score?

The point is that physicals shouldnt be counted when we're determining a song's ranking. So none of LYW's 1M sales should count towards his score.

Also, his digitals ARE NOT that far ahead of LSRFM. His song is 30 on Melon, Fearless is 32. They are almost the same. He has a huge Gaon score of 40M points because of mass fandom downloads, his ULs are actually LESS than Fearless.

• The point is that physicals shouldnt be counted when we're determining a song's ranking. So none of LYW's 1M sales should count towards his score.

Also, his digitals ARE NOT that far ahead of LSRFM. His song is 30 on Melon, Fearless is 32. They are almost the same. He has a huge Gaon score of 40M points because of mass fandom downloads, his ULs are actually LESS than Fearless.

The tracking is from May 2 to May 8.

LYW: 35-35-33-27-32-30-28

LSF: 120-107-104-100-90-84-57

So, no, not even close.

• The tracking is from May 2 to May 8.

LYW: 35-35-33-27-32-30-28

LSF: 120-107-104-100-90-84-57

So, no, not close.

Screenshot 2022-05-13 132757.png

Those Gaon rankings are totally shit though.

Fearless actually has MORE unique listeners than LYW's song. The fact that he is ranked so high on Gaon while having less listeners shows just how crappy Gaon's Digital Point charts are.

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!