[CONFIRMED UNTRUE] I'm beyond mad and sad with what happened at ATEEZ Paris concert

• (trigger warning: death, possible drugs)

A fan got pricked by a needle during the Ateez Paris concert in Accor Hotel Arena.

According to friends, she died.

EDIT: there were no confirmation but the "needle attacks" happened so whether or not it is true, the message still stand

Tweet translated: Update: it is confirmed that the person who announced the death was indeed lying, and that no Atiny died. This is not surprising, given the inconsistencies.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm so sad but also very mad at the security. We're talking about a security who is apparently more concerned about bottle lids than properly checking bags

There's a possibility it's not true but regardless it's important to share, especially with those who attended because if anybody else got pricked, it's important to get tested!

It's not the post at all I wanted to write on akp but it felt important especially if there are concert goers here and also it's beyond fandoms

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wait what? How? Like how does a needle cause a heart attack?

I mean if she was allergic to whatever was in the needle she was pricked with... I almost died on the operating room table once because they didn't realize I was allergic to a common anesthetic. Cardiac arrest - which is basically a heart attack.

Anpanromane does it have any further detail? Did she step on it?

• I mean if she was allergic to whatever was in the needle she was pricked with... I almost died on the operating room table once because they didn't realize I was allergic to a common anesthetic. Cardiac arrest - which is basically a heart attack.

I don't have that many info. I know the story about her getting pricked was talked before the post about death but it only mentions being pricked by a needle with drugs and someone else mentioned that she didn't felt it.

• is this really true or is it like stray kids in saudi story?

sometimes doesn't feel right here

I have no idea

There were people talking about needle attacks tho, it's the death that's not confirmed

I will post that as well

• I mean if she was allergic to whatever was in the needle she was pricked with... I almost died on the operating room table once because they didn't realize I was allergic to a common anesthetic. Cardiac arrest - which is basically a heart attack.

actually, a cardiac arrest and heart attack are diff(cardiac arrest is when your heart stops beating usually caused by an electrice disturbance in the heart, while an heart attack is when the blood flow to your heart is blocked.

Heart attacks can sometimes cause Cardiac arrest.

But yeah, how did they revive you back? Did they use a defibrillator.

Also, I think your theory might be right, I can't think of any reason why she would suddenly die like that. ㄸven if she caught HIV it would take a long time to actually kill her. If she did die from an anaphylaxis then I feel really sorry for her, I mean, it's not even her fault.

• I have no idea

There were people talking about needle attacks tho, it's the death that's not confirmed

I will post that as well

i doubt in both to tell you the truth. after what's happened with stays in saudi i don't believe in anything. i'll wait for the official source

• Yea, pretty sure they shocked me back. I was already in a hospital, so it was probably the best place to be for that.

I know a heart attack and cardiac arrest are different, but I think it is more likely she died from cardiac arrest than an actual heart attack. People have gone into cardiac arrest from GHB too. In romance languages, "cardiac arrest" and "heart attack" are the same word (well at least they are in Italian) so even though you are correct that the mechanics of them are different, this would explain the translation error.

It melts plastic and can kill – so why is club drug GHB on the rise?
    It was known as a date rape drug, then linked to chemsex parties. How did a spray or two of the liquid high become so popular among young clubbers?
    www.theguardian.com

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 2.40.55 PM.png

• not me learning about GHB in health class today lol. But wow, I did not know GHB can cause cardiac arrest. Well one thing's for sure, I am not going to a club anytime soon(and i probably legally shouldn't too lol)

• A deleted tweet, and me as a huge Atiny not even seeing this anywhere on my TL raise suspicions. It's of course not Ateez fault. And seems strange to me, though I'm sure there's many reasons someone would have a needle on them, medically or otherwise. In America, every bag gets checked and ourselves before entering any venue. So, if there was a needle someone didn't check people clearly or it could have happened from anywhere. If, someone did die from this, then RIP. I hope their family will find the answer to this.

Unless a formal statement comes out from somewhere, it's just really hard to believe. Deleted tweets in any circumstance is extremely suspicious to me.

• This is just so sad.

If any French atinys have more info, please share.

Not French nor an Atiny but this has been a pattern in Paris for a while, this isn't the first kpop concert or even the first time it's happened, but this must have been a very terrible person + prob a bigger festival so way more people got pricked. I've seen it happen in LA and even in London these days.

It's either drugs + drugging women through needles, generally the latter method happens through Pubs so they are trained to spot it out. The creeps can't spike drinks so easily these days with cup covers and so needles are the next "big" thing.

London concert organizers (especially since Ariana) have been EXTREMELY thorough, this is completely on the venue.

I have been hearing people in the pit (in particular) were targetted so it could have been malicious + probably some people collapsed/fainted too.

I know Playboi Carti fans have been warning about it for a while since Carti is a menace and encourages this stuff.

• A deleted tweet, and me as a huge Atiny not even seeing this anywhere on my TL raise suspicions. It's of course not Ateez fault. And seems strange to me, though I'm sure there's many reasons someone would have a needle on them, medically or otherwise. In America, every bag gets checked and ourselves before entering any venue. So, if there was a needle someone didn't check people clearly or it could have happened from anywhere. If, someone did die from this, then RIP. I hope their family will find the answer to this.

Unless a formal statement comes out from somewhere, it's just really hard to believe. Deleted tweets in any circumstance is extremely suspicious to me.

It's happened at kpop concerts before, but I remember last hearing about it in 2015-2016 before Ariana's Manchester Attacks. There has been a resergence in date-rape and drugging in UK Pubs through needles as well, but we don't know if it happened at the Ateez concert or if there was a victim.

• It's happened at kpop concerts before, but I remember last hearing about it in 2015-2016 before Ariana's Manchester Attacks. There has been a resergence in date-rape and drugging in UK Pubs through needles as well, but we don't know if it happened at the Ateez concert or if there was a victim.

that's terrible that people would even do that, but then again people do dumb stuff all time.

Yeah, i'm not seeing anything, seems like just a rumor but i don't want to discredit anything if it is true. Just weird to make a post and then delete it, like to me that shows someone is lying or maybe they didn't have their facts correct. either way, it's a terrible situation if it did, in fact happen.

Security is usually hired by the venue and the venue would be the ones to blame for not properly checking everyone or again, who knows where it came from, maybe not making sure everything was cleaned etc. So, I would hope that people aren't going to attack KQ or Ateez. Which I haven't seen happen. Venue's really need to take better precautionary measures if this is a known problem.

• that's terrible that people would even do that, but then again people do dumb stuff all time.

Yeah, i'm not seeing anything, seems like just a rumor but i don't want to discredit anything if it is true. Just weird to make a post and then delete it, like to me that shows someone is lying or maybe they didn't have their facts correct. either way, it's a terrible situation if it did, in fact happen.

Security is usually hired by the venue and the venue would be the ones to blame for not properly checking everyone or again, who knows where it came from, maybe not making sure everything was cleaned etc. So, I would hope that people aren't going to attack KQ or Ateez. Which I haven't seen happen. Venue's really need to take better precautionary measures if this is a known problem.

I wouldn't call it dumb - it's downright malicious although I understand the sentiment.

OFC this is completely on security - I would still get checked out if anyone on Allkpop actually went to that concert there.

Someone maybe didn't have the permission of the loved ones of that person to post as well - that has happened in the past, but again, it could be just a rumor. I think it is remarkably easy to get away with at a pit-concert type setting which is very sad. Especially since many young people (1st time concert goers) go to kpop concerts, it's very important to be careful.

• I wouldn't call it dumb - it's downright malicious although I understand the sentiment.

OFC this is completely on security - I would still get checked out if anyone on Allkpop actually went to that concert there.

Someone maybe didn't have the permission of the loved ones of that person to post as well - that has happened in the past, but again, it could be just a rumor. I think it is remarkably easy to get away with at a pit-concert type setting which is very sad. Especially since many young people (1st time concert goers) go to kpop concerts, it's very important to be careful.

from what i've seen in dvd's and pictures ateez concerts usually don't have a pit they have stands and like floor chairs, and with the one on the dvd from last year covid had begun and everyone had to wear masks and stay seated, of course that could have changed with some of the restrictions being lifted and depending on the venue as well. I wasn't able to attend their concert when they came to the u.s. because i wasn't about to drive that distance and then drive back home. and i was moving. But i have never known ateez concerts to get overly rowdy lol

would be interesting to see pictures of how that venue looked, though i haven't personally gone looking. Being malicious for the sake of being malicious is sick and anyone who does it needs some serious help. Still, without officially knowing, I do hope if it happened the family gets justice and anyone else that may have gotten hurt/injured make a recovery.

Karma is a bitch and has no deadline.

• from what i've seen in dvd's and pictures ateez concerts usually don't have a pit they have stands and like floor chairs, and with the one on the dvd from last year covid had begun and everyone had to wear masks and stay seated, of course that could have changed with some of the restrictions being lifted and depending on the venue as well. I wasn't able to attend their concert when they came to the u.s. because i wasn't about to drive that distance and then drive back home. and i was moving. But i have never known ateez concerts to get overly rowdy lol

would be interesting to see pictures of how that venue looked, though i haven't personally gone looking. Being malicious for the sake of being malicious is sick and anyone who does it needs some serious help. Still, without officially knowing, I do hope if it happened the family gets justice and anyone else that may have gotten hurt/injured make a recovery.

Karma is a bitch and has no deadline.

That's why I'm so worried if it actually happened. Kpop concerts don't tend to be rowdy so these kinds of crimes are more dangerous as they can easily impact more people.

• That's why I'm so worried if it actually happened. Kpop concerts don't tend to be rowdy so these kinds of crimes are more dangerous as they can easily impact more people.

yeah, almost unheard of, of something like this happening, which is so bewildering. but definitely as most said wanna wait for official statements, that may give more details/insight. it would almost be impossible to find out who could have done it as well.

• yeah, almost unheard of, of something like this happening, which is so bewildering. but definitely as most said wanna wait for official statements, that may give more details/insight. it would almost be impossible to find out who could have done it as well.

See there are crazies out there:

a) kpop groups are just starting concerts

b) Ateez has a lot of international fans in the kpop community

c) if ateez are known to have a strong younger female fandom + atinys can be targets

I have heard of this with Monsta X concerts...also a strong massive female slant to the fandom (besides Wonho fanboys).

• yeah there are some crazy people out there and why they do this is beyond me. i just hope others take precautions and keep an eye out, but then again needles are almost hard to see and impossible, so i wonder what kind of steps you can take other than distancing yourself from people, but anyone can brush up against you and if a needle is small you'll barely feel it (i've been poked and prodded in the dr's office with various sizes) i really wonder how someone can watch out for this, what the signs are etc.

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!