[18+] Pro-Life or Pro-Choice ?

• Go to Best Answer
  • Nyaz

Changed the title of the thread from “[18+} Pro-Life or Pro-Choice ?” to “[18+] Pro-Life or Pro-Choice ?”.
  • I also don't think this should be a 18 plus topic

Teens are the ones most at risk of unplanned pregnancies and least capable to actually care for the child.

They should have a say in this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am pro life but I have no problems with people being pro choice I believe in this topic in particular is kinda tricky if not just difficult to explain? I am like yeah I am pro life you are pro choice we good no harm done I would not step on anyone over this as long as they don't step on my opinion of course things goes both ways I believe when we are able to respect other's opinion more clearly we get to have more of an actual conversation

• Nyaz

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • I am pro life but I have no problems with people being pro choice I believe in this topic in particular is kinda tricky if not just difficult to explain? I am like yeah I am pro life you are pro choice we good no harm done I would not step on anyone over this as long as they don't step on my opinion of course things goes both ways I believe when we are able to respect other's opinion more clearly we get to have more of an actual conversation

i feel the same way, really :borahae:

• i feel the same way, really :borahae:

thank you for understanding :borahae:

it is interesting about this topic, for me, I had my mind changed through the years (it has been a rollecoaster but now my mind has been more decided about this), I came to the conclusion that pro life and pro choice can have an interesting conversation as long as we don't step out of line, I have heard good points that makes sense even if I disagree in normal talks but when it comes to fight all I listen is... Offensive words? I am glad people here are being kinda respectful!

• thank you for understanding :borahae:

it is interesting about this topic, for me, I had my mind changed through the years (it has been a rollecoaster but now my mind has been more decided about this), I came to the conclusion that pro life and pro choice can have an interesting conversation as long as we don't step out of line, I have heard good points that makes sense even if I disagree in normal talks but when it comes to fight all I listen is... Offensive words? I am glad people here are being kinda respectful!

I've learned to appreciate others opinions a long time ago. It gives us wisdom to do so. Being closed-minded is the worse thing ever. Listening to others express their respectful opinion gives me as much fulfillment as expressing my own. Thats exactly what a Forum oughta be at its core. Also, admitting that you're wrong at times is no biggie. In fact, i find it very rewarding cauz others see that you're not a one-way street!

• pro-choice, tbh.

not 18+ though, don't really know why the discussion is 18+ ^^

• I've learned to appreciate others opinions a long time ago. It gives us wisdom to do so. Being closed-minded is the worse thing ever. Listening to others express their respectful opinion gives me as much fulfillment as expressing my own. Thats exactly what a Forum oughta be at its core. Also, admitting that you're wrong at times is no biggie. In fact, i find it very rewarding cauz others see that you're not a one-way street!

Yeah thats good I need to have more of a cool head (if this is even the right term lol you know if I was more calm?) I am sure I would have more insightful conversations online but sometimes when the fight is already happening is so hard to be rational haha specially online I suppose? I have seen fights about this topic and I really avoid them because for me personally both sides have their reasons and this is something that we shouldn't judge a person's character from... glad this is not happening here and respect is going on, but sadly I have seen this before, many time uh :sweatr:

everything positive I took from talks and conversations (about more serious issues beyond pop music etc) was from normal talks but sometimes (more times than it should be) its just fight for example my relatives we all have different opinions on this matter and we literally never share because it is always a fight lmaooo :angryr:

i think if we gonna discuss in a bad way better be about something like soccer :cryingr:

• I don’t like putting labels on my stance.

I do think that women should have access towards abortions, if they were raped, in a case of incest or health issues that might endanger their lives.

And I’ve also come across people who treat it as some sort of contraceptive. This girl told me her aunt had eight abortions, because she didn’t want to have a child, which is insane to me.

I get why it’s needed, and I don’t think it should be prohibited, but on a moral level (and I know it’s difficult to execute this), I think there should be some sort of restriction so people should start behaving a little more responsibly.

An abortion shouldn’t be a way to make up for people being utterly irresponsible (doesn’t apply to teenagers, solely if they were educated properly).

So yeah, I don’t know how to label it. Pro-life with a bunch of exceptions? Pro-choice with a few restrictions?

• probably pro choice but like others have said definitely pro education

knowledge is power and limiting access to such knowledge is power in and of itself...

one cannot make an informed decision if one is not informed in the beginning but as history has shown us those in power often dictate the control of information

• I’m pro-choice because there are women who got pregnant in extreme situations or are in extreme situations and of course because of health conditions, which should also include mental health.

But my attitude towards the pro-choice movement has changed and I distanced myself from it a bit. I don’t like that many treat it as a contraceptive. I also don’t like the argumentation of many pro-choice activists. I watched several debates about it. The ones from America almost turned me pro-life because the way these pro-choice activists behaved… so immature, they failed to follow their own logic, made very sickening remarks and were very hateful, disrespectful and were insulting the whole time and extremely selfish in their whole behavior… but after a while I added a new reason why I’m pro-choice. Certain people should just not have children!

But like others stated, it should be more restricted and more education.

• Pro-choice. Always. And pro-contraception too.

I hate abortion. I will never get it or promote it to anybody, but I will always be pro-choice.

I hate abortion because I know it will messed with the person mental state for a long time, years from now, even when the woman didn't know yet. It will be something that you will cry about in your old age, or wake you up at night or you tell you're okay but you'll cry alone at night because you don't feel you deserve to cry.

But for me the current debate is not about abortion. You will never able to get rid of abortion. It has always existed since ancient time. What we doing is trying to deny access to a safe medical procedure, forcing women to take unnecessary health-risk, and essentially punish them for having sex and getting pregnant. To me, it just a continuation of the old mentality that the value of a woman's life is less than her value as a vessel for "life". So it's okay to put her at risk if it mean that we get another "life" out of her. The life that existing is worth less than the "life" that is yet come doesn't sound very logical to me.

• very insightful comment! thank you! :borahae:

• Pro-Life, but I do acknowledge that both sides have very valid points. What this comment pointed out is something I actually spent a long time thinking about myself a while back:

I also have no issue at all with people who are Pro-Choice, as long as they are respectful about it and their reasoning makes sense. We'll just have to agree to disagree and move on. As other people pointed out, I don't think it should be used as a contraceptive. That's what actual contraceptives are for. Use them instead, if you have access to them and know in advance that a child isn't right for you.

A part of me wants to dive more into the reasons why I am Pro-Life, but I don't want to cause too much controversy under this thread, so I'll leave it at this for now.

• If pro-life was really pro-life, campaigners would be invested in improving the lives of already existing babies and children. Ironically it's once a baby takes their first breath and becomes an independent life form that the pro"lifer"s interest stops - unless of course the baby is fodder for the lucrative adoption industry which is what underpins a lot of this. I prefer the terms "pro forced birth" and "pro choice".

• If pro-life was really pro-life, campaigners would be invested in improving the lives of already existing babies and children. Ironically it's once a baby takes their first breath and becomes an independent life form that the pro"lifer"s interest stops - unless of course the baby is fodder for the lucrative adoption industry which is what underpins a lot of this. I prefer the terms "pro forced birth" and "pro choice".

First of all, just to be clear, I am in no way trying to disrespect you or your point, nor am I attempting to speak for all pro-life people, but I can speak for myself as one. If you know where to look, there are people who are both pro-life and want to improve the quality of life. I don't know how many of us (pro-life and want to improve children's lives) there are, but there must be at least some besides me. Once I am able to, I would like to adopt/foster, in hopes of giving them a better life. Sure, babies may be cute, but I'd happily take in any child who needed help and that I felt I had the resources to properly take care of.

All that being said, I don't hear nearly as many pro-life people mention that they are also interested in adopting/fostering themselves, so I do understand where your sentiment comes from. I wish there were more people who were both pro-life and foster parents to be honest. Just wanted to point out that even if there aren't a lot of people who are both, they do exist.

• This thread contains 157 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!