ABOUT BULLYING

• So in my country bullying isn't a thing, i have never experienced bullying

i have seen it from kdramas & western films and i was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :eek:

Here are some questions I am looking the answer for:

1. Why people bully?

I have actually heard that kids become bully cuz they haven't recieved enough love from their parents or have experienced physical violence from his/her parents. idk whether it's true or not

2. Why can't stand up for yourself right at time of being bullied?

3. Why think about bullying for a long time?

Most important question:

4. Why revenge ?

The best revenge is for me to actually just show that u re living happier & better than them :)

Don't let this flop please!

• So in my country bullying isn't a thing, i have never experienced bullying

just because you havent experienced bullying in the place you live doesnt mean it doesnt exist or happen there.

i believe bullying is everywhere in the world.

• same, if someone bullies someone else like they do in America they'd be expelled immediately, shit like that is not tolerated so idk how people get away with it

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• 1. Some are from fucked up families, others are venting on the wrong people, others want to be popular, others like the feeling of having power, other just go with the mob mentality, others are afraid to be the next target if they join in the bullying, others are pressured into bullying, etc.

2. Because many times they're stronger than you, older than you, they are more than one, etc.

3. I didn't get the question.

4. Everyone wants justice. You want criminals to be put in jail. Some want for their bullies to pay the consequences of their acts.

• just because you havent experienced bullying in the place you live doesnt mean it doesnt exist or happen there.

yeah true but it's definitely not a huge problem in some countries, like mine, the most i've seen is in a form of teasing but even that has a limit, there are harsh consequences in schools

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• about question 4, i wouldnt always say its 'revenge'. for alot of people its justice.

many have been traumatized from bullying and just want the justice they deserve.

• and to go further in some countries bullying can be a crime

(its not just children bullying but bullying covers s lot of situations )

• I will never believe that there is even a single country in this world where bullying isnt a thing, sorry. If you havebt seen it happen, it does not mean it doesnt exist

I havent experienced bullying in any form, but I would simply assume its an act of dominance most of the time for the most part. Why does domestic violence happen? Why do some parents beat their children? I think its mostly just a control thing. Where people think they are above you for that one moment and that makes them feel good. The same reason why apes in rhe zoo have a set hierarchy. Someone wants to be at the top and for that they must put someone at the bottom.

• 1. There’s no definite answer. Just about anyone can be a bully. You can also be a cyber bully and a internet bully.

2. Even if you tell them to stop they don’t listen. Bullies like to feed off your emotions. And most of the time the Teachers are useless. If you fight back you get in trouble, if you speak up the teacher will have both of you come to terms with each other like that would do anything or the teacher would speak to the bully which would make matters more worse. So there’s really no end scenario where the victim wins.

3. Scars and deep wounds. It’s hard for victims of bullying to come to terms with themselves and the bully. It’s hard for them to heal. My little cousin who is 10 years old was bullied at school for her weight and it really affected her mentally, her self esteem and she became more shy. Even though the ringleader transferred schools she still depressed.

4. Revenge is the only way some victims can heal. To see your bully feel what you felt. Sometimes there’s no other way.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• Just to complement answer 2. Usually the institutional channels do nothing to help. The bully may get detention or a few days of suspension, and then go back into bullying. And then bully you even worse to make you pay for rattling them out. Minors are not subject to the same level of punishment as adults. If an adult hit you, you can put them in jail or make them pay you. It's a lot scarier than staying 3 days out of school.

• just because you havent experienced bullying in the place you live doesnt mean it doesnt exist or happen there.

I was lucky my school had a strict anti-bullying policy even before talking about bullying became mainstream. But I know some schools in my country have serious bullying problems.

• Hi

1. I was bullied because I threaten a ex best friend because she cut me off and her girlfriends harassed me for 2 months.

2. I did but looking back at it, I should've stay quiet and tell the teacher and school (I did after it happen 2-3 times)

3. You're prob not a bullying victim, as I watch others talk about their story, it seems like it scars them for life, rip me lmao.

4. I need a apology

EDIT: I do believe that bullying is very uncommon wherever I live.

• 1. Why people bully?

Boredom, mob mentality, lack of empathy, problems with family at home etc depends on the person, there's many reasons, none justifiable

Because not everyone can do that. And in a lot of cases, the bullied one is overpowered by more than one person.

Because it's a traumatic experience, and like any traumatic experience it most likely will affect their mentality for worse, giving them problems like anxiety, ptsd, depression, lack of confidence, self esteem, etc, and all of these will have a long term negative impact in the bullied person's life.

Most important question:

4. Why revenge ?

Some people think they can only move on after inflicting the same amount of pain they received before. They want to discount their misfortune on the person who caused it.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• 1. Actually all those reasons stem from parents couldn't educate their child that well

if the family fucked up no cap, the kid will become extreme bully & violater

Benting on the wrong the person (parents should know who their kids are hanging out and teach them how to spot good & bad people)

want to be popular, feeling of having power - it is highly likely that kid has recieved this trait from their parents

go with the flow - it's the worst he/she doesn't have his/her own thougths or beliefs, what did her/his parents has teach them?

afraid to be the next target - parents haven't teach the kid to be loud about justice and be strong & brave

2. U can get help from ur friends, if it can't solve the problem u can tell it to ur school counselor, u can tell ur parents

and I am shocked that no one speaks about bullying? What does other kids do? They ignore bullying?

They let those punks let bully anyone and let it slide?

The one reason why bullying doesn't exist in my country is kids be loud about even slightest unfairness happening. Because they are taught that by their parents that they should be loud on wrongdoing.

3. Never mind this question

4. So destroying someone's career is fighting for justice? There are plenty of other ways to get them punished. Just show them that u re living happier & better than them or let the karma do it's work.

• this reddit post gives context for why bullying is taken so seriously in korea

https://reddit.com/r/kpopthoug…o_see_people_downplaying/

1. Why people bully?

personal issues(bad home life, self esteem, etc); psychological issues (mental illness), they want power, etc.

-they are afraid no one will believe them

-something is being held over them(threats...)

-they are just not ready to tell someone

-havn't unraveled the trauma themselves

-some of the answers in 1 such as bad home life and mental illness can be for long periods of time

Most important question:

4. Why revenge ?

It's not revenge, but a form of seeking justice. Depending on the person, the response can vary. Some people may not care at all and have already sorted out their feelings. Some other people may still carry the after effects of what they went through and want some sort of compensation. Whether that's just an apology, to talk to the person 1 on 1 or something else.

• about question 4, i wouldnt always say its 'revenge'. for alot of people its justice.

many have been traumatized from bullying and just want the justice they deserve.

It's about the attitude & purpose of the victim

If the victim really wants justice he/she will go by the right way to do it

if the victim wants revenge he/she will go by the wrong way

let's take Soojin's case for example

the victims could have contacted Soojin in the first place & asked whether she has realized her mistake

if she has realized it and apologized everything can end peacefully - it's justice

but they have spread this rumour over internet shows they have very negativity against her and want her career & life to be destroyed - it's revenge

• agreed, i just wanted to mention its not always for revenge.

• In general are people there friendly?

heck yeah, but i can't deny that nasty people exist. But people just prefer getting along with others cuz they want peace more than anything. Kids are brave, if I slap someone's face I will be immediately called out for it and punished. Also we are huge Buddhist country, Buddhist words , practices & notion are ingrained in our mindset. It is almost like written rule.

• I guess the basic places that it will brew are toxic environments involving competition and lack of support to talk about this type of problems. In East Asia in particular there are lot of places that will brew this type of environment due to hierarchy and filial duty mixed with modern competitiveness and stress. You could even say even geopolitics play a part in this. It's not like they create systems to facilitate bullying, but bullying will happen during this conditions more often.

Other more relaxed places where competitiveness isn't really focused on and people can freely express what they really think about each other may have less cases of bullying.

1) There are various reasons and personal ones at that. Each case is different. The gist of it is power abuse. It may be as simple as "I'm big, so I gonna bully others off their lunch money" to fuck up shit like systematic coercion and intimidation. It doesn't need to be 1 on 1, it can be the group against individual or another group. Why people bully? It's because they can get away with it is the bottom line. They can exert their power (whatever it is) over others without any ill consequences to them (or at least in their mind).

2) Again it depends on the bullying. Bullies will attack the weaker and the ones who they think will not fight back. Bullies at heart are cowards and know if their action becomes public they may face consequences unless the ingroup is willing to protect the bully over the victim(s). Stupid bullies will bite more than they can chew. Some will fight back or some will protect the victims. They just move on to a different target if not stopped. The smart ones will play with the system and abuse the right kind of victim they look for.

3) Again it depends on each victim. Some may be abused so thoroughly that they may think they deserve it or they are the wrong ones. Bully as any power play abuse will leave scars that may never heal. Some may be strong to overcome it. Some may never get over them properly.

4) Revenge is just a reaction. It doesn't mean it's good. It can be a really bad idea or not righteous in the end. In the end it's just one of the cope mechanism when proper resolution/justice isn't achieved (accordingly to the victim's POV). It's not just something innate human. Other animals partake in revenge.

• threatening someone is also bad tho

i haven't heard bully story, but watching that dramas & films about bullying and it scared me

i wonder in real life it's less or more scarier

• Looking at bullying data, this map was interesting:1280px-Share_of_children_who_report_being_bullied%2C_OWID.svg.png

Judging from this map bullying is widespread. Just it is a matter of reporting and how the view what action as bullying. I guess some places will cut off any first sign of verbal/physical abuse ASAP while other may take a while to solve it worsening the problem.

• 1. as I have said those problems have to do with parents

Parents are affected by soceity, kids are affected by their parents, in conclusion kids are affected by society, society is full of shit, so kids are affected by full of shit

it's parent's responsibility to not let their kids affected by negativity from socierty that possibly making them turn into bully

2. The biggest problem here is other kids let bullying just slide, if everyone kids were loud about it and calls out the bully, the bully will finally stop feeling that superiority over people & start to be ashamed of what they have done I guess. Any person feels weaker when everyone points out his/her wrongdoing

3. That's bad. I can't blame anyone for that. But I could say only parents should teach their kids to have strong mentality over things. Cuz when someone grows up we can't deny that whether he/she will go through more serious & dangerous experiences. Having strong mentality is one thing u can save urself from anything that bad could happen in life.

4. Since I have high belief in Buddhism. I can't support this attitude of wanting misfortune on the person who caused you suffer. Why putting ur energy on revenge? Just let karma do the work. Having this negative attitude towards anyone is also bad.

• So many more online bullies than in person. The hard ones to deal with are the bullies taming up on one person. I don't know what satisfaction the bullies are getting out of it. Their victim gets screwed up until they adapt.

Revenge is ignore and 'Not give them the time of the Day'.

• threatening someone is also bad tho

i haven't heard bully story, but watching that dramas & films about bullying and it scared me

i wonder in real life it's less or more scarier

but me getting bullied for 2-3 months and me thinking about it still after almost 2 years isnt good.

in real life, i don't know if its scary, i guess it is at a young age but im pretty sure the "me" right now hows to handle it in the future but i dont think i will get bullied again.

• I will never believe that there is even a single country in this world where bullying isnt a thing, sorry. If you havebt seen it happen, it does not mean it doesnt exist

I havent experienced bullying in any form, but I would simply assume its an act of dominance most of the time for the most part. Why does domestic violence happen? Why do some parents beat their children? I think its mostly just a control thing. Where people think they are above you for that one moment and that makes them feel good. The same reason why apes in rhe zoo have a set hierarchy. Someone wants to be at the top and for that they must put someone at the bottom.

Parents should be mature & wise. They are grown ass men and women afterall. Beating their childrean means they have serious mental problem, even can be psycopath. U can't say apes & human are same. We are civilized, socialized & we have feelings. Actually those kids who have experienced domestic violence become bully. It's problem caused by society. Kids just follow what their parents do & say. And their parents are highly influenced by society.

• I've never been bullied since I was considered cool and a hard target. But it's happened in the schools i've attended and I saw some pretty bad things happen to some kids. I would usually be the one that would help get them justice but the scars that were left on them was the thing i couldn't help with. It really broke my heart.

• but me getting bullied for 2-3 months and me thinking about it still after almost 2 years isnt good.

in real life, i don't know if its scary, i guess it is at a young age but im pretty sure the "me" right now hows to handle it in the future but i dont think i will get bullied again.

2-3 months is scary, how some people have that energy to bully people for months :eek:

• 1: None of these reasons can be justified so I wouldn't bother

2: Some victims get caught in scenarios where they can't do that. Some bullies have friends who join in the bullying. So it's like a 1v4 situation.

3: Bullying can make people more insecure about themselves even after they got justice.

4: This is really one of the only ways that victims cope

• heck yeah, but i can't deny that nasty people exist. But people just prefer getting along with others cuz they want peace more than anything. Kids are brave, if I slap someone's face I will be immediately called out for it and punished. Also we are huge Buddhist country, Buddhist words , practices & notion are ingrained in our mindset. It is almost like written rule.

Sounds like a nice place to live, can't relate ;(

• My daughter and I both experienced bullying in early high school as we were quiet and kids don’t like others who are different. They see it as a weakness they can prey upon. It makes them more superior to hide the mental health issues they’re suffering probably from parents or siblings at home.

It had a huge impact on my life and I suffered greatly from it. I was even bullied at school by my teacher for three years just for not talking in class. I have also been bullied by my older sister for most of my life out of jealousy.

Schools don’t really care and blame the victim for retaliating. It’s a huge social issue that needs to be addressed.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!