[BREAKING] [RUMOR] G-Idle's Soojin accused of school violence

• I'm going to preface this by saying don't kill the messanger. I know that there were several cases of idols being falsely accused so it's okay to maintain a neutral position (that's what I'm going to do). I just don't think translation sites have picked up on this yet but the issue is blowing up on Pann, TheQoo and Instiz.

Pann article link - https://m.pann.nate.com/talk/3…&rankingType=total&page=1

The original accusations were uploaded on Facebook accusing Soojin of being a bully in middle school. The OP also said that they are in the process of gathering 'solid' evidence and that they'll release it tomorrow.

Let me know if you want a deeper translation and I'll see what I can do.

• Official Post

Why are they exposing her now? Why not when she first debuted? The fact that this rumor is coming up just when she and GIDLE are gaining popularity already makes me side eye the whole thing.

(The same thing happened to APRIL Naeun, because 2020 was pretty much her breakout year, the whole thing was proven to be false.)

Anyway I'll take a neutral position like you, let's see the "solid evidence" they have and I'll come to a conclusion.

• Seems like a couple of idols names have been trending on pann ever since JBG's expose... I sincerely hope its not another case of witch hunting

• Why are they exposing her now? Why not when she first debuted eye-

Until now I'm still like ???? about Hyolyn's scandal like you have 7 years when Sistar was active to expose but you wait till they disband and even that there is still like what no evidence and her career was affected by it

:rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1:

• It's funny how nobody can write (G)I-dle correctly (I can't either).

Well, nowadays, anyone can accuse anyone of anything. We need the 'solid' proofs that are being gathered first. Why couldn't they wait for the solid proofs before posting it? It's not like it happened yesterday.

• its like a effing trend now lmaooo.... if its case like irene i get it cos she is like 30, but most of them were kids when it happened...i was bullied throughout my pri and half of sec sch...although i feel so much hate and dislike for them...i wouldnt go as far to ruin their life.. bcos ppl freaking grow up, change and become mature.... the knetizens need to chill

• Funny how all this nonsense accusations with NO PROOF are popping up after soojin got selected as Muse of a big lipstick brand Peripera. Its obvious some people are just jealous and want to ruin her image.

• Until now I'm still like ???? about Hyolyn's scandal like you have 7 years when Sistar was active to expose but you wait till they disband and even that there is still like what no evidence and her career was affected by it

:rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1:

Actually Sistar is not a good example. Even before they debuted, there were many, many accounts of all the members (apart from Bora) being ilijins. People even asked Starship to cancel Sistar's debut.

However, 2nd Gen was a much more forgiving time so the issue was glossed over and it was rumored that Starship paid off everyone who tried to accuse them. So it makes sense that Hyolyn's accuser came forward when she was away from Starship's protection since her bullying accusations were the most serious even pre-debut.

Also Hyolyn admitted the accusations and met with the victim to apologize.

• How convenient of a time....

I don't believe them. It's always the same, if they were actually someone being bullied they would have exposed it earlier and wouldn't be teasing further evidence...Bullshit.

• why is this accusation being made only when shes gaining rapid recognition ?

im not saying it could be false but theyre no proof so far to believe this accusation is true.

• Actually Sistar is not a good example. Even before they debuted, there were many, many accounts of all the members (apart from Bora) being ilijins. People even asked Starship to cancel Sistar's debut.

However, 2nd Gen was a much more forgiving time so the issue was glossed over and it was rumored that Starship paid off everyone who tried to accuse them. So it makes sense that Hyolyn's accuser came forward when she was away from Starship's protection since her bullying accusations were the most serious even pre-debut.

I don't think she admitted to the accusations. She actually threatened to sue the accuser which a lot of us would love our faves companies to do but she got backlash from the public for literally trying to protect herself. It was only because of the backlash she got for threatening to sue, that she went to settle with the accuser.

So the conclusion was that there wasn't any proof of the bullying, but she settled whatever accusations with the accuser peacefully

• Actually Sistar is not a good example. Even before they debuted, there were many, many accounts of all the members (apart from Bora) being ilijins. People even asked Starship to cancel Sistar's debut.

what does ilijin mean?

• Funny how all this nonsense accusations with NO PROOF are popping up after she soojin selected as Muse of a big lipstick Peripera.

Honestly, it does seem like an issue of jealousy. Anyway, usually with bullying accusations, there definitely will be more accounts of people either supporting her and debunking the claims (like with Karina and Giselle recently or Naeun's last year) or other victims coming forward. Let's wait and see if either happens.

• I don't think she admitted to the accusations. She actually threatened to sue the accuser which a lot of us would love our faves companies to do but she got backlash from the public for literally trying to protect herself. It was only because of the backlash she got for threatening to sue, that she went to settle with the accuser.

So the conclusion was that there wasn't any proof of the bullying, but she settled whatever accusations with the accuser peacefully

I mean if she was innocent, she would've continued to sue.

Personally, I'm inclined to believe Hyolyn's accusations because there were MANY posts about her being a bully before Sistar's debut and even during their debut. Things got buried but accusations randomly kept popping up here and there over the years with many supposed victims. It was a miracle things stayed buried that long but it was Starship's good PR.

• Can we move on from middle school for real?

I mean if she did bully somoene she owes them an apology. I got bullied in middle school and the I still carry the wounds and am emotionally affected to this day (my self esteem is absolute shite for example). So, I get very disappointed when people ask victims to move on when things like this have a lasting effect on their lives.

One of my bullies is a famous dentist in my city and my blood boils whenever I think she's living a good life after making my life in middle school living hell. These things don't go away. Have some empathy please.

Again, not saying these accusations are true, but asking victims to move on because a perpetrator was young is a very insensitive thing to do. Different people deal with bullying and assault in different ways.

• I mean if she was innocent, she would've continued to sue.

Personally, I'm inclined to believe Hyolyn's accusations because there were MANY posts about her being a bully before Sistar's debut and even during their debut. Things got buried but accusations randomly kept popping up here and there over the years with many supposed victims. It was a miracle things stayed buried that long but it was Starship's good PR.

She stopped suing because the public literally went like "why are you suing" and got backlash.

It's like lets say you own a company, and someone went to say your product is bad and faulty. Are you going to sue the person and create a bad image for yourself? Or will you settle with the accuser peacefully?

Hyolyn went to sue first, and that backfired so she went to settle peacefully. Just like how a company wouldn't sue a person for saying bad stuff about their product and get a tainted image by the public, and instead will choose to settle with the accuser.

Regardless of any posts or whatever, none of them are your so called "evidence" which essentially proved nothing.

So forget about Hyolyn (even though I brought it up myself), for Soojin's case, if there is no evidence, then it's all nonsense

• WhimsyLand

Changed the title of the thread from “[BREAKING] G-Idle's Soojin accused of school violence” to “[BREAKING] [RUMOR] G-Idle's Soojin accused of school violence”.
  • Damn it really started through 2020 and it's same happening now all the time...

I've decided to take a neutral/defensive stance in those situations because whenever we heard of "idol bully" later we learn that it was just some fake idiot spreading false rumors online

I've even started to thinking that those posts are written by fans of other groups, or some bored kids.

If this will be proven as real then let's talk, now well, let's wait.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 99.9% of these bullying scandals aren't true. Honestly the only one I think of that was true is the Mina and Jimin situation. The accuser will simply go into hiding once people start pressing them for details and more evidence.

I mean yeah the members and company's reaction made it very obvious that Mina was telling the truth. The problem with predebut bullying accusations is that it's almost purely word of mouth since there's normally very little evidence. And Pann loves witch-hunting so even if a hundred positive school stories come out only the one negative one will get attention

• Just clarifying that Hyolyn's accusations didn't pop up out of nowhere 7 years later. They were always there.

• This thread contains 117 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!