Posts by hagiri

That gif selection :pepe-sad: what is he so hot for?

Happy birthday Sungjin :borahae:

FC03C82F-59C9-4BC7-8A07-360ED48EACDD.png

Article: "That dog of a regime"... 'Seolganghwa' did not undermine the democratization movement

Source: Media Today

Media are suffering backlash for their malicious press over 'Snowdrop.'

Last year, a petition was posted on the Blue House website that has surpassed over 350,000 signatures under basis that the drama "distorted history" and "undermined the democratization movement." The problem became serious as many media outlets clamored over the fact that the petition had received over "200,000 signatures" putting focus on the upcoming broadcast.

Media also compared the drama to tvN's 'Crash Landing on You' that enjoyed box office success despite the fact that it explored the "two Koreas" theme however with a romantic comedy twist. 'Seolganghwa' on the other hand was viewed as an "obscure" genre that was not a romance, comedy or period drama but with added "heaviness" in the plot.

As a result, politicians, sponsors and the public began cutting off the drama and many media outlets participated in the "cancel movement" with undue criticism.

However, as the drama aired, despite the initial backlash, the drama began to enjoy rising ratings and positive reviews. This is because it became clear the drama did not undermine the democratization movement instead it appeared the drama aimed to convey the "tragedy of the times."

The government cannot start banning the airing of dramas on the ground of distorting history. Such regulations are difficult to find in the Broadcasting Act. Only post-deliberation is allowed through the Korea Communications Standards Commission. However, as these cases keep happening, drama producers are forced to fall into a swamp of unreasonable self-censorship and the damage is passed to the viewers. To avoid this cycle, media must be cautious about claims to ban a drama's airing.

89F2E3B3-A5CD-438C-A909-B7BCB5580915.png

1. [+551, -49] All the people that sh** on this drama claiming it was propaganda that undermined the democratization movement need to seriously reflect! It's nice to finally see an article making fair statements. I recommend everyone watches the drama themselves, you won't regret it.
    2. [+335, -23] 'Seolganghwa' is about the suffering of citizens because of military dictatorship, Ministry of Security and North Korea. Claims that it was anything otherwise is just wrong.
    3. [+270, -11] Ah, finally a normal article like this is coming out...this incident made me realize how terrifying the media and online communities are. Media kept writing about insignificant keyboard warriors cursing the drama...who's the real perpetrator and who's really distorting history here?
    4. [+247, -8] Those ignorant netizens that instigated this witch hunt against the production team after leaking the plot of the drama need to really self-reflect. This goes to show there are idiots everywhere distorting history, this is the level of their brains..
    5. [+122, -2] The media really needs to reflect. 'Seolganghwa' is a genre we haven't seen yet in dramas of the past because most dramas stay faithful to the same genre. You can tell the director put in great efforts to blend the genre with his directing skills. Jung Hae-in's transformation as the charismatic Su-ho is amazing to watch. Above all that, 'Seolganghwa' is drama with an important message.
    6. [+101, -1] Watching the drama made me realize the seriousness of this scandal. If they had cancelled the drama over this, it would've been hard for the producers and actors to come back after this. It's crazy that the public were misled with fake claims and misunderstood the drama. You can tell how much efforts the actors the producers put into the drama if you watch it. I hope more accurate articles like this get posted in the future.
    7. [+95, -1] It's horrifying how the fabricated articles spread everywhere and the public just accepted and agreed with those reporters without one ounce of doubt.
    8. [+78, -1] So many people claimed they bought off Disney Plus with this unreasonable scandal but once I watched it myself, I realized the different characters and positions created a constant tension that kept me glued to the drama. I have a feeling it's going to get even better as it continues to air..
    9. [+65, -3] I personally think it's a very well-made drama.
    10. [+60, -1] And to think that they filed petitions to cancel this drama before it even aired...this is the state of our country. Shouldn't the media have at least confirmed before criticizing the drama? And all those people that participated in the witch hunt...you should all be ashamed!
    11. [+33, -0] It's a bit disappointing that such a well-made drama got boycotted. I heard the writer prepared for this for over 10 years? You can actually tell with the actual script and directing that they paid a lot of attention to the details. The public really needs to re-evaluate this drama.
    12. [+29, -1] The first normal article in a long time ㅋㅋ. Hul ~ so many actors, from Jisoo and Hae-in and the director who got cursed and images ruined over a drama that hadn't even aired. It's not like they can re-air the drama from the first episode...aigoo...so unfair...

What??

[theqoo/enter-talk] SNOWDROP REVERSAL DUMP

4E7C5BD8-BFD8-43E7-8AF0-1D4CB56B462D.png

Contrary to concerns, the drama ‘Snowdrop’ is filled with content that criticizes and satirize the NSA. In episode 9, there was also an ambassador who compared the NSA to the dictatorship of North Korea.

In JTBC’s ‘Snowdrop’, which aired on the 9th, an argument between North Korean spy Suho (Jung Hae-in) and NSA agent Kang Mu (Jang Seung-jo) was depicted.

The two strongly criticized each other’s organization during the confrontation. Suho criticized the NSA to which Kang Mu belonged, as “a place that killed people who resisted the government’s tyranny as spies” and “a dog of the regime that trampled on the lives of innocent compatriots in order to create a state of public security.”

Regarding Kang Mu, he mocked him saying “And you are the bastard who is getting paid by them so how dare you criticize me?”

Source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=008&aid=0004693987

original post: here

1. Ah~~~~ You’re trying so hard…

2. Ah impressive, ok then what are you gonna do about the earlier parts? Are you gonna change it? Was this part of the narrative?

3. Not watching

4. They want us to reflect?? You guys should reflect first

5. These posts are getting steadily released;;; disgusting

6. There are still people watching this?ㅋㅋ what a pathetic media play

7. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. So the NSA who were protecting the citizens weren’t romanticized~~~ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. Stop trying

10. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ the spy saying this ㅋㅋㅋ the beautification is severe

[enter-talk] SNOWDROP’S DIALOGUE TODAY THAT SHOCKED A LOT OF PEOPLE

(T/n: the whole post is made of screenshots of the conversation so we’ll just translate the text)

“Suho: Hey, NSA leader

The NSA that frames and kills people who fight against the tyranny of the regime. A dog of the regime that trampled on the lives of innocent compatriots in order to create a state of public security. That’s the NSA right?

And you are the bastard who is getting paid by them so how dare you criticize me.

Kang Mu: With the excuse of repatriation, the people who lie to countless gyopos and who trample on these gyopos’ lives. Aren’t they North Koreans? If you compare it to the South who created the state of public security, we are all the same.”

You kids who incited on the beautification, write us a reflection post

post response:
    [+1,018][-274]

1. [+317, -67]
    Where are the people saying that they beautified the NSA and Chun Doo Hwan? So the kids who were against Snowdrop’s airing are Chun Doo Hwan’s supporters?

2. [+298, -3]
    Today’s episode talked about the NSA’s brutality so if you’re still claiming that they are beautifying the NSA, it’s a proof that your head is seriously empty. You guys are brainwashed into believing that they are beautifying the NSA

3. [+282, -40]
    Today, they even dragged back the female students who were taken hostage to forbid them to speak… the more you see, the more you’ll just get creeped out by the actions of the NSA

4. [+138, -14]
    You guys must have had fun thinking you’re making an impact, gathering all together and pretending like you know about history and pretending on hate on the drama while bashing the celebrities and threatening the sponsors. You guys are just fueled by that excitement of tearing others down. The truth is out. I hope you guys go to hell

5. [+122, -7]
    These people are crazy f*ckers

74EE189A-308D-4FE6-81A8-1C72A759F59B.png

(Comment from TheQoo: do you guys not know that criticizing the NSA is beautification? Do you think that they could even criticize the NSA back then?)

[enter-talk] THE ONLY TRUE ARTICLE ABOUT SNOWDROP

There’s no other article that is reflecting the changes in public opinion than this one

BAD63909-87F3-47BF-8E18-0380F9C0CB40.png

Also, this journalist also wrote an article supporting Snowdrop before the public’s opinion changed

B14545A9-6A39-4E96-8F03-85693A33783A.png

“Snowdrop is belittling the activists?.. historical distortion controversy, once the lid is uncovered, ‘who knows'”

post response:
    [+206][-114]

1. [+75, -32]
    But with how TheQoo orchestrated this, shouldn’t they write an apology post on their site??? Weren’t they the root of all of this?

2. [+75, -32]
    I hope that there are more articles ㅠ Snowdrop, fighting

3. [+60, -31]
    I was f*cking pissed off at this being framed as beautification so they are just getting their karma back. This drama will definitely get re-evaluated

4. [+36, -27]
    Sigh, they are persistent… I’m still not watching it

5. [+29, -15]
    What Jisoo lived through in the pat 8 months: first of all, she was the target of the inferiority of people in their 10’s-20’s just because she’s from BP + not long ago, because she was using an iPhone, the ahjummas and ahjussis in their 40’s-50’s attacked her online + she was getting tormented on a daily basis by people who hate YG + male communities made a sh*t ton of s*xual remarks on her because of her dating rumors with Son Heungmin + she got eaten alive again because of Snowdrop’s controversies + because of 1 gif of her acting, there were videos on YT with millions of views dragging her…. If I were her, I wouldn’t even want to live

I feel like the eps are getting dragged out for the little we’re getting… some scenes are way too long, and we only get glimpses of the interesting info/parts. There are eps that could have easily been condensed to 45-50min

The characters are being a bit inconsistent too, like I’m not sure about who they truly are at this point or what they really want. (And the dumbassery sometimes… ugh.)

Some faded into the background since this whole hostage situation started, others get screen time without really enriching the story much.

Ep 9 was… a ride. Not very pleasant but not horrible either.

Character development/flashbacks or even a more in depths focus on other characters but the dorms leads and Nam Taeil would be nice. But hey, everytime someone gets introduced in the picture they only appear for 1 ep or have their backstory ‘hinted’ at.

That Gal journalist seems interesting, but he’s already been caught and won a ticket to the ANSP’s torture room. The scene was sick.

Released students have all been blind folded and forced to sign NDAs + agents were sent to « scare » them off.

Hanna gets reasonable and useful but it unfortunately didn’t last :peperun:let that woman get her redemption.

And don’t tell me they’re trying to sell us another romance this time around… as if the couples we’ve had until now weren’t bad enough, now Bun Ok’s crushing and making moves on Comrade Joo for saving her from Mandong’s son. The irony of this Stockholm situation.

But then, at the end of the ep, she sneaks out and steals his money+weapon bag and drags it in the bathroom while everyone’s trying to flee the dorms… I really wonder what she’s planning out.

Speaking of Mandong’s son, for how many times he got beaten up… he sure doesn’t get the memo. He should have already been dead at this point.

The tension between Suho and KangMoo was interesting. Haein and Seungjo have served some great performances this time around.

Everyone almost managed to flee from the dorms but…

Dr.Kang pushed the detonator’s button and KwangTae is the one to blame for that last straw. Besides the cafeteria, I don’t know what else blew up… Surely not the main building? The ep 10 preview doesn’t give away much, but:

- either some students and spies died.

- everyone is safe and JTBC is playing us.

I used to love Jae but that was a major yikes.

Between the time the issue blew up and the time Jamie tweeted it had already been several hours… Going by her reaction, he didn’t even try to apologize in private?

I can’t stand men who think they can get a pass to slut shame/use derogatory/misogynistic words towards women just because they’re ‘friends’. Like, as a friend, you should know better.

Especially if you consider the fact Jamie has been harassed and sexualized for so long :facepalm:

And if you don’t know a word’s meaning, why use it? Should have said baddie instead of trying to sound edgy :skull:

Besides, he said she’d be mad at him… So he lowkey knew that was a poor choice of word?

It must be such a hard time for all of them right now, the whole cast seemed so close. Especially dorm 207 </3

Strength to her family, friends and loved ones <3

Jung Haein (Suho)

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Heejin (Seolhee)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Shinhye (Hyeryeong)

Jisoo (Youngro)

Login • Instagram

Jung Yi seo (Head of dorm Gyeongja)

Donggu (Byuntae)

Login • Instagram

Seah (Headmistress Pi)

Namjoon (GwangTae)

Minkyu (Gyeokchan Joo/Comrade Joo)

I have a few things to say about Snowdrop, lol. I feel like i’m mainly going to rant in some points but… yup

First, the good.

- Jisoo’s acting isn’t half bad! I had some apprehensions at first, but she’s keeping up very nicely. She’s at the level where you can tell she’s a beginner/rookie, but she hasn’t shown an ‘unforgivable’ performance yet.

However, I feel like the angst/sad/emotional scenes are her forte. Her eyes are super expressive so it helps a lot.

She’s a bit awkward sometimes, especially with the romance/candid scenes, but other than that she’s doing good.

- The actor lineup is insane. Always loved Haein, Yoo Inna and Jang Seungjo (this man’s too good looking for his own good T.T).

Special mentions to Kim Hyeyoon (Bun Ok) and Choi Heejin (Seolhee)!! Their acting is incredible.

- The ost tracks (especially the build up for the previews)

- The sets :omgr:

- A very good drama actually, lol?

- The action scenes!

The bad/less good:

- Jang Hanna.

I thought she’d be an interesting villain, who shared a complex beef/history with Kang Moo based on all the first ep’s tension… But… eh. My fascination with her ended after 2 episodes.

She’s what you’d call a moron. A tantrum throwing unprofessional brat who always has to sabotage everything. Over a man who left her 6 years prior with no explanation. Like, really? Miss ma’am, you joined an infamous organization, took part in torturing and threatening people just to ask your ex why he broke up with you? She’s insane. Doesn’t help that she acts like an entitled and obsessive teenager every time she appears on screen.

I mean… seriously. The effing stunt she pulled during the phone retrieving scene??? There are two hostages standing right there and in risks of getting shot, two heavily armed guys with bombs set EVERYWHERE around the dorms while over 70 hostages (your boss’ daughter and YOUR man among them) are all huddled together inside. And she still snuck in and tried to get Suho :pepe-life-support: I mean, fine. Let’s say she managed to kill him… the other two spies ain’t going to let yall get to them. That dorm would have blown up to pieces before the ANSP even got to reach the entrance door.

A user mentioned Chief An was prob being sarcastic when he told Hanna her smarts were her forte, and I’ll have to agree :peperun:

Also, tho now we know Dr.Kang is Moran Hill 1, the fact she went up to a doctor before a hostage release and asked her to hide a gun in her bag is reckless???? After the ANSP had already fooled these spies twice (once being Hanna’s fault)… did she not think about what would happen if they eventually found out?

- All those higher ups are legit dumbos. Don’t even get me started on Nam Taeil… he comes up with the most outta pocket plans and radical decisions, and his only solution to cover up the sh*t he’s done is paying his way out with inexistant money or forging proofs… Until he’s successfully backed everyone into a corner. And then he starts yelling and won’t stfu. Then he thinks off of another plan, and we’re back in that frustrating loop. I’m not sure if it’s bad writing here, or if they went a bit too overboard with the « satire » side of Snowdrop.

I mean, I guess it works lol. But it’s no fun when the bad guys are this stupid.

- Not a fan of any couple, or the « romance » aspect so far. There’s a walking red flag in each and every pair. But hey, it’s not like it was an amour heavy drama in the first place.

Youngro’s and Suho’s story have high chances of ending in a tragedy, especially if we go by all the Romeo&Juliet references. Either one or both will die (I kinda want Youngro to live :pepecry:)

- The political plot can be a bit confusing at times, especially in the earlier episodes.

What I’m lowkey looking forward:

- He’s not on the main poster so I don’t have much hopes of him surviving but… an another scene or flashback of Yeonggu would be very nice :pepe-sad:

- More of Bun Ok’s and Headmistress Pi’s backstories! So far we’ve had a few hints here and there that both have been impacted in one way or another by the ANSP… but how and why?

- Dr Kang’s backstory.

- Some character development for the main cast.