Do you think LOONA would survive without Chuu?

• There's confusion. Some articles are saying she is terminating her contract and the court approved an injunction to amend her contract while they decide if her contract can be completely cancelled. This is to help her situation in the mean time while the lawsuit is ongoing.

But some fans are saying that's misinformation and she was only trying to get the injunction to amend her contract and not completely cancel it. I'm waiting for a more reliable news source to figure out the situation.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• There's confusion. Some articles are saying she is terminating her contract and the court approved an injunction to amend her contract while they decide if her contract can be completely cancelled. This is to help her situation in the mean time while the lawsuit is ongoing.

But some fans are saying that's misinformation and she was only trying to get the injunction to amend her contract and not completely cancel it. I'm waiting for a more reliable news source to figure out the situation.

Thank you for helping me clear that up <3

but i hope she is just changing the contract and wont leave :(

• She's not going anywhere but yes Loona would survive without her

Once again remember that it's i-fans who are buying those albums

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Fully clarification:

FPBTw9cWYAIrLrB?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is completely dumb. No court can rule an injunction without a lawsuit i.e., she must have filed a lawsuit for the court to rule anything for her.

WTF? Exclusive contract and manipulation is the very bottom line standard of K-pop idol industry.

I don't believe Chuu has made enough. If you ever watched Queendom2 preview with sub, you must have seen about the news of Loona's agency being in debt. The group overall has been run in deficit.

Any idol agency is commercial, not charity and, K-pop idol is a big investment. Of course the agency must try its best to make good profit out of the idol.

Without a single kid selling her/his soul to the company, idol does not exist.

• Yes, but exclusive contract and manipulation does not have to equate to a slave contract. The Big 4 probably have manipulative contracts too, but their idols can still profit from them. That's my point. You don't have to bleed an idol dry if you operate smartly, and constantly messing over your idols in the end without giving them anything leads to your company dying out anyway. Just look at TS Entertainment. It's smarter to know how to walk the line. That's just smart business.

An idol who is treated well is way more likely to resign, and with Chuu's momentum, it would have been better to try to cater to her to push her to sign. Bigger companies can get away with more than a smaller company. If you mistreat your money makers, then what do you have left when they leave?

And the companies debts have nothing to do with what she is contractually obligated to pay back. I don't know what her contract says (obviously she signed something terrible because she's taking BBC to court), but the only thing she should be obligated to pay back is the debt she incurred to be housed, feed, trained, and promoted by BBC before she debuted and started making income. So, whatever debts BBC has stepped their foot into does not change the fact that if she has fulfilled her contract obligations as a trainee/member of LOONA, they OWE her. Obviously the court thinks that may be the case as well since they are reviewing her contract and they have approved her injunction. We probably won't know the ends and outs of the contract. Whether the funds BBC spent to promote LOONA is split evenly or if Chuu's profits are just going in the pot to pay back the 8.5 million they sunk into LOONA.

Either way, doesn't stop BBC from doing shadier dealings than normal, and I hope trainees learn to stay away from them. No company is great, but some are better than others.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Yes, but exclusive contract and manipulation does not have to equate to a slave contract. The Big 4 probably have manipulative contracts too, but their idols can still profit from them. That's my point. You don't have to bleed an idol dry if you operate smartly, and constantly messing over your idols in the end without giving them anything leads to your company dying out anyway. Just look at TS Entertainment. It's smarter to know how to walk the line. That's just smart business.

LMFAO. Always, the idol just gets a chunk from the profit. The very problem is that groups from smaller companies tend to make little to no profit. This is not a problem for idols from big companies (big 4) only because their companies are powerful enough to make good profit out of them.

JYP is milking Twice dry and I cannot say that is not smart commercial wise looking at its business report.

Loona has not been smart investment from the very start with extravagant pre full group debut projects. Still, I cannot say the chairman is brainless as his weapon company is going well.

• LMFAO. Always, the idol just gets a chunk from the profit. The very problem is that groups from smaller companies tend to make little to no profit. This is not a problem for idols from big companies (big 4) only because their companies are powerful enough to make good profit out of them.

JYP is milking Twice dry and I cannot say that is not smart commercial wise looking at its business report.

Loona has not been smart investment from the very start with extravagant pre full group debut projects. Still, I cannot say the chairman is brainless as his weapon company is going well.

In this case, Chuu isn't getting ANY profit despite being consistently the member within LOONA with the most solo promotions and CFs.

• In this case, Chuu isn't getting ANY profit despite being consistently the member within LOONA with the most solo promotions and CFs.

She has generated a big lump of income for sure but, profit? I doubt it. Highly likely, all loan taken for the group is responsible to every single member.

Not that I support this system but, to single BBC out and believe Chuu can escape this standardized practice is dumb.

I believe idols should be paid not less than 10% of what they have generated regardless to the investment spent on them (no cost deduction).

• She has generated a big lump of income for sure but, profit? I doubt it. Highly likely, all loan taken for the group is responsible to every single member.

Not that I support this system but, to single BBC out and believe Chuu can escape this standardized practice is dumb.

I believe idols should be paid not less than 10% of what they have generated regardless to the investment spent on them (no cost deduction).

I meant revenue. Not profit.

And, it's up to the courts to decide Chuu's fate. Not me or BBC. So, I won't say what Chuu can or can't escape until the court rules.

• They probably wouldn't

She is the only one that makes any money.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!